Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics538,898
Posts9,742,684
Members87,123
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Stubborn Mule Outdoor Supply. Noveske spec receivers. My experience. #6738575 04/18/17 06:52 PM
S
soje Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
S
I built an AR on a nice receiver set, and added a Noveske NSR rail on it. I later became a little obsessed with how the actual Noveske upper's contours math the shape of the NSR rail. It's silly, but it does have a cool streamlined flow where the upper meets the rail. Well stripped Noveske parts were nowhere near being close to being available.

One day I found some info about a company called Stubborn Mule Outdoor Supply SMOS Arms. They apparently built an upper lower set that looked exactly like the Noveske sets. I called and was quickly called back by Chris. Chris explained that he had been in some type of relationship with Noveske, and I THINK he may have said that they were the actual shop that manufactured receivers for Noveske. He also said that they primarily produce large quantities of receivers for brands to label and sell. He said they also hapily sell to individuals. Anyway, he answered a ton of questions and got me set up to place an order. I later found some new info about the fact that there was a change in the barrel nut design. I know the one Noveske sent me would not time right. I sent Chris a message asking what he thought, an6d his response is below. This was a great experience and they really tok the time to help me out.

Hi John,

Here's Cris' response to just one of my inquiries.

"I read your note and want to apologize for the barrel nut issue. We did not make it but, I can tell it left a bad taste in your month. I am going to do you a favor and send you a new nut that will work with your NSR rail. Again we did not make it and this is not my problem but, I want this build to go smooth for you. Thank you for your order and interest in our product.

Chris
SMOS ARMS"

So finally, not only can you get this design for way cheaper, you can get the NSR style rail with MLOKZ!

Here's the Noveske:

Here's the SMOS:

Here's why I like the combo. It's all for the way the upper matches the bends on the rail:

Re: Stubborn Mule Outdoor Supply. Noveske spec receivers. My experience. [Re: soje] #6738712 04/18/17 08:47 PM
The Dude Abides Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
SMOS does good work. At one time I believe they made Larue Tactical receivers as well.

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide