Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Private property....who are you? [Re: chrswr] #6600159 12/23/16 08:27 PM
1860.colt Online Content
emoji colt.45
Online Content
emoji colt.45
confused2 maybe they were just using your pee patch ... It's easier ta tell when theirs snow on the ground.. As we say in Minnesota: rofl don't eat the yellow snow ... flag

i'm postaddic
Re: Private property....who are you? [Re: Mr. T.] #6602213 12/25/16 07:02 PM
F
fmrmbmlm Offline
Tracker
Tracker
F
Originally Posted By: Mr. T.
Originally Posted By: nocknload
I have neighbors putting feeders right on the fence line. I decided I will start Dove hunting next season during the rifle opener.

If you dove hunt with in the proximity of a feeder..and I do not mean next to it. you could be 200 yards away, you are still in violation of breaking the law with "baiting". It does not matter that the feeder is not on your property. Just thought you should know incase they call the GW and you claim that you were not harassing them but only dove hunting.
Several years ago someone baited a pasture for dove, some people that hunted a couple miles away and having no knowledge of the bait were ticketed because they hunted in the flyway used by the baited dove.

Re: Private property....who are you? [Re: fmrmbmlm] #6602227 12/25/16 07:16 PM
W
wtr Offline
Tracker
Tracker
W
Originally Posted By: fmrmbmlm
I have neighbors putting feeders right on the fence line. I decided I will start Dove hunting next season during the rifle opener.

If you dove hunt with in the proximity of a feeder..and I do not mean next to it. you could be 200 yards away, you are still in violation of breaking the law with "baiting". It does not matter that the feeder is not on your property. Just thought you should know incase they call the GW and you claim that you were not harassing them but only dove hunting.
Several years ago someone baited a pasture for dove, some people that hunted a couple miles away and having no knowledge of the bait were ticketed because they hunted in the flyway used by the baited dove.

bs

Re: Private property....who are you? [Re: fmrmbmlm] #6602236 12/25/16 07:22 PM
kry226 Online Content
The General
Online Content
The General

I would go to court over that. And I would win.

[Linked Image]
Re: Private property....who are you? [Re: wtr] #6602330 12/25/16 10:08 PM
C
Creedmoor Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: wtr

bs

bs No warden would ticket them unless he had knowledge that they were using the bait intentionally. Not at that distance.

There's a fine line between BRAVE ... and STUPID.

The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.
Re: Private property....who are you? [Re: chrswr] #6602339 12/25/16 10:45 PM
E
Erny Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
E
I call BS as well on the couple of miles away! Couple of hundred yards maybe.

Re: Private property....who are you? [Re: kry226] #6602422 12/26/16 01:17 AM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: kry226

I would go to court over that. And I would win.

Yeah, if there's any truth to that story that would be a dismissed ticket and a complaint on a GW. I'm thinking there has to be a lot more to that story. I can't imagine any GW even considering writing a ticket under those circumstances. The statute leaves some room for interpretation, but not that much.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Private property....who are you? [Re: fmrmbmlm] #6602464 12/26/16 02:15 AM
K
krmitchell Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
K

We hunt dove next to a deer breeding operation at a buddy's place, obviously they are feeding. It was discussed with the GW and we were told that it could be considered a normal ag practice, no different than hunting over planted fields. Just because a neighbor has a feedlot next door, that can't stop you from hunting on your property. Another thing, it is absolutely BS that someone is expected to know what the neighbor a couple hundred yards away and over a hill is doing. No GW is that big of an [censored].

Last edited by rexmitchell; 12/26/16 02:16 AM.
Re: Private property....who are you? [Re: chrswr] #6605849 12/28/16 09:40 PM
B
brent99 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
Were you able to find any detail or information on these two guys?

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide