I've not heard and am not sure, but does anyone know if the moon has any effect on turkey? I can't figure why it would, except maybe that predators being able to see at night would make them leary. I hunted in Edward Co. on tuesday and then again on thursday, fri., and Sat. On Tuesday we had one gobbler just walk on by. Never did see him, and thought he might come in, but he never did. Tried to roost some thur. but never found them. Friday morning,NADA! Saw some that afternoon, so we had an idea where to be sat. Next morning about 8:30, finally hear a bird. And he's coming my way. He gets within 20 yrds, but he's behind a bush, then all of a sudden I hear a put and a freakin' hen sticks her head out from behind the bush. So she takes off after a couple minutes with tom not far behind. He never gets into the open until he's about 70 yards away, and man he was a good one. So far, turkeys 2, me 0. Other than that, we heard no others in 4 days. Last year, we didn't know which way to turn, there were so many gobbling. Maybe it's just a slow start so far. We'll try again in a couple weeks, hopefully it will pick up by then.

"I ain't got time to bleed."