Re: Trophy Hunts Here vs there [Re: BMD] #5918513 09/08/15 07:29 PM
P
postoak Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
P
Originally Posted By: BMD
Originally Posted By: postoak
Again, don't have anything mounted and the trip becomes much less expensive. I don't have any more room in my house for mounts, so that is an easy decision for me.

Also, people forget about the species that are only $350: impala, warthog, blesbok, and springbok -- so four animals for only $1400. Plus there are a number of species that are about $1000. You could take Blue Wildebeest, Black Wildebeest, Greater Kudu, Burchell's zebra, gemsbok, and Red Hartebeest for about $6000. That's 10 animals for $7400. I think you could find such a package. Add in $2000 for airfare and $1000 for tips and miscellaneous and $11,000 for 10 animals seems doable.

Day fees?

I think they would accept that as a package deal.

Re: Trophy Hunts Here vs there [Re: kusai] #5918568 09/08/15 08:04 PM
B
BMD Offline
Silver Spoon
Silver Spoon
B
Not really that much different than sitting at feeder and waiting for whitetail to walk in to eat and shooting it, or spot and stalking an animal in Africa it is all hunting. I have no desire to shoot one in a small fenced area but everyone hunts different and I am kind of tired of the division amongst us, we need to all stand together as we are being portrayed as evil blood thirsty red necks by the media as well as the anti's. Just my thinking the way things are now. Especially after they went after Dr Palmer and the man did nothing wrong.

Re: Trophy Hunts Here vs there [Re: postoak] #5918571 09/08/15 08:05 PM
B
BMD Offline
Silver Spoon
Silver Spoon
B
Again, don't have anything mounted and the trip becomes much less expensive. I don't have any more room in my house for mounts, so that is an easy decision for me.

Also, people forget about the species that are only $350: impala, warthog, blesbok, and springbok -- so four animals for only $1400. Plus there are a number of species that are about $1000. You could take Blue Wildebeest, Black Wildebeest, Greater Kudu, Burchell's zebra, gemsbok, and Red Hartebeest for about $6000. That's 10 animals for $7400. I think you could find such a package. Add in $2000 for airfare and $1000 for tips and miscellaneous and $11,000 for 10 animals seems doable.

Day fees?

I think they would accept that as a package deal.

Maybe but most are going to charge you a daily rate the animals may get reduced but there is always a daily charge.

Re: Trophy Hunts Here vs there [Re: kusai] #5919240 09/09/15 02:18 AM
P
postoak Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
P
Well, my point is, in a package deal, the daily charges are usually wrapped up with the animal fees. They are made up by pricing the animals higher than the ala carte price. Once that daily fee has been taken care of (in the package), then there should be no problem adding animals on at the ala carte price. In fact, they want you to do this.

Re: Trophy Hunts Here vs there [Re: BMD] #5919837 09/09/15 02:57 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Not really that much different than sitting at feeder and waiting for whitetail to walk in to eat and shooting it, or spot and stalking an animal in Africa it is all hunting. I have no desire to shoot one in a small fenced area but everyone hunts different and I am kind of tired of the division amongst us, we need to all stand together as we are being portrayed as evil blood thirsty red necks by the media as well as the anti's. Just my thinking the way things are now. Especially after they went after Dr Palmer and the man did nothing wrong.

Well, an eland in Texas is both a non-native exotic and almost certainly not free-ranging. Two pretty significant differences from where I sit.

What "we should all stand together" means is too long a subject to get into here. Standing together with poachers and canned "hunters" will bring us all down together. So, no, I don't stand with them. Guess why we are being portrayed a "blood thirsty rednecks"? Because so many feel compelled to "stand together" with anyone who pulls a trigger and kills an animal - no matter what the circumstances.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Trophy Hunts Here vs there [Re: kusai] #5919901 09/09/15 03:31 PM
J
Jay Brown Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
There seems to be one fact that has not been mentioned, that in Texas you are hunting pen raised, high fence animals, in most of South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, etc...these are fair chase hunts. There are farm hunts, no doubt. But if I wanted a Sable, or dangerous game, I will hunt only fair chase in Africa. JMHO, I would not give 20 cents to shoot African game here in the states for any price.

Re: Trophy Hunts Here vs there [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #5919953 09/09/15 03:55 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Well, an eland in Texas is both a non-native exotic and almost certainly not free-ranging. Two pretty significant differences from where I sit.

What "we should all stand together" means is too long a subject to get into here. Standing together with poachers and canned "hunters" will bring us all down together. So, no, I don't stand with them. Guess why we are being portrayed a "blood thirsty rednecks"? Because so many feel compelled to "stand together" with anyone who pulls a trigger and kills an animal - no matter what the circumstances.

Who is the known poacher you were asked to stand beside NP?

Last edited by Pitchfork Predator; 09/09/15 03:56 PM.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Trophy Hunts Here vs there [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #5919972 09/09/15 04:03 PM
K
kdkane1971 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
K

Re: Trophy Hunts Here vs there [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #5919977 09/09/15 04:04 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Who is the known poacher you were asked to stand beside NP?

I was speaking generally. But I do note the dentist is a convicted poacher and liar to the Feds on an earlier black bear hunt. Although it seems he didn't know he was committing any violations on the lion hunt - which in the states is not a legal excuse, but might be in Zimbabwe. He himself had apologized and said he would never have shot the lion had he been aware of the true facts. So it perplexes me why we need to "stand together" with him, when he himself admits the whole deal was a cluster. He is not even standing with himself as to the "hunt" for the lion.

I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Trophy Hunts Here vs there [Re: kusai] #5920012 09/09/15 04:16 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
I've killed a dozen plus pronghorns none took more then an hour to kill. All low fence no fence by most ideologies. It wouldn't matter if my ranch was HF or LF. Hunt would be just as non challenging with a rifle.

Free range is an interesting concept especially when an Africa or TX Eland hunt is going to be 100% success regardless... One my just require more Road hunting.

Stop hanging on to the fact he apologized. He apologized to the people of the U.S. Whom have no damn clue about the lion other then what the immediately learned on social media, he apologized about a perception . People in Zim could give two poops about a over grown coyote.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Trophy Hunts Here vs there [Re: kusai] #5920035 09/09/15 04:21 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Love how people convict someone that was never charged

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Trophy Hunts Here vs there [Re: BOBO the Clown] #5920041 09/09/15 04:23 PM
K
kdkane1971 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
Love how people convict someone that was never charged

Lawyers

Re: Trophy Hunts Here vs there [Re: kusai] #5920093 09/09/15 04:46 PM
P
postoak Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
P
So the dentist isn't going to be tried by Zimbabwe?

Re: Trophy Hunts Here vs there [Re: kusai] #5920097 09/09/15 04:47 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Yeah, yeah, yeah.....

I mean, it's all the same. Eland in a pen in TX. Eland on safari in Africa. Heck, a rifle went bang and an animal died, right? smile

What's funny is even the dentist knows better. At least he's contrite about what happened.

Re: Trophy Hunts Here vs there [Re: postoak] #5920099 09/09/15 04:49 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
So the dentist isn't going to be tried by Zimbabwe?

No, just the Zimbabweans involved - the LO and farmer who were in on the deal. At least that's what it looks like.

Re: Trophy Hunts Here vs there [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #5920278 09/09/15 06:28 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T

"Poachers and canned hunters". When you say "canned" do you mean like the guy who pays someone to go locate and GPS the spot the sheep are at in a chopper the day before his sheep hunter arrives and set up "camp" a few hours hike away?

Somehow it doesn't surprise me that you find a moral equivalence between poachers and canned hunters. And it always makes me laugh when you don't see how someone doing everything for you (like your sheep hunt) is considerably more easy than finding an eland bull to shoot on my ranch (sans the chopper you hired through your guide).

BTW google eland. Any fence less than eleven feet and made out of welded steel is an honor system for them. Elephants and rhinos are the only more "free ranging" animals on the planet.

Last edited by therancher; 09/09/15 06:29 PM.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Trophy Hunts Here vs there [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #5920294 09/09/15 06:36 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Yeah, yeah, yeah.....

I mean, it's all the same. Eland in a pen in TX. Eland on safari in Africa. Heck, a rifle went bang and an animal died, right? smile

What's funny is even the dentist knows better. At least he's contrite about what happened.

Yelp it's the same result both equal dead mature animals. One you cover more area for in a truck(possibly)

Very contrite he killed a wild post prime lion, that was on the decline. He is smart enough to appeal to the uneducated idiots that are unjustly persecuting him. Why would you not, conservation and reality facts don't matter.

I find it interesting you so harshly persecute him for hunting a wild lion with a bow instead of going with the cheaper released lion that you so regularly slam. Start to guess its just lion hunting in general

Re: Trophy Hunts Here vs there [Re: therancher] #5920317 09/09/15 06:43 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted By: therancher

"Poachers and canned hunters". When you say "canned" do you mean like the guy who pays someone to go locate and GPS the spot the sheep are at in a chopper the day before his sheep hunter arrives and set up "camp" a few hours hike away?

Somehow it doesn't surprise me that you find a moral equivalence between poachers and canned hunters. And it always makes me laugh when you don't see how someone doing everything for you (like your sheep hunt) is considerably more easy than finding an eland bull to shoot on my ranch (sans the chopper you hired through your guide).

BTW google eland. Any fence less than eleven feet and made out of welded steel is an honor system for them. Elephants and rhinos are the only more "free ranging" animals on the planet.

Your ignorance and, in fact, total willingness to lie to try and make a point is proven every time you bring up my sheep hunt. A while back I was hunting tame sheep at water holes. Now the total lie of a helicopter story. Does it not bother you to just come on a public forum and totally make chit up just so you can have something to say?

Why do you feel compelled to tell these lies?

Last edited by Nogalus Prairie; 09/09/15 06:54 PM.

Re: Trophy Hunts Here vs there [Re: BOBO the Clown] #5920327 09/09/15 06:50 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Yeah, yeah, yeah.....

Yelp it's the same result both equal dead mature animals. One you cover more area for in a truck(possibly)

Very contrite he killed a wild post prime lion, that was on the decline. He is smart enough to appeal to the uneducated idiots that are unjustly persecuting him. Why would you not, conservation and reality facts don't matter.

I find it interesting you so harshly persecute him for hunting a wild lion with a bow instead of going with the cheaper released lion that you so regularly slam. Start to guess its just lion hunting in general

"Yep it's the same result both equal dead mature animals."

That pretty much says it all about the state of things today. As I have said, it's all about a dead animal for many. I do admire your honesty about it.

BTW, you would do well to read up on hunting Lord Derby's eland in the wild in Africa. If you think eland hunting is 100% and you just ride around in a truck - you've got a lot to learn about eland hunting. I mean real eland hunting. They're not all on game farms, you know.

Re: Trophy Hunts Here vs there [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #5920336 09/09/15 06:59 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: therancher

Your ignorance and, in fact, total willingness to lie to try and make a point is proven every time you bring up my sheep hunt. A while back I was hunting tame sheep at water holes. Now the total lie of a helicopter story. Does it not bother you to just come on a public forum and totally make chit up just so you can have something to say?

Alright no more sheep hits!!!! NP killed his slam, he is a professional that lives in TX. He took no more short cuts then going guided. Guide hunts are guided hunts most people in Texas don't have the vacation time to scout and go unguided especially on sheep. If they do I think all of us would agree we have lots of other reasons to be jealous. Let's just let it rest.

Most importantly elk, mule deer, and pronghorn seasons are amongst us. We can either support each other in our individual outdoor passions or not. If not, a hunting forum isn't the best place for us that can't support each other.

Re: Trophy Hunts Here vs there [Re: kusai] #5920343 09/09/15 07:04 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
I haven't killed my Slam. That was only my second sheep.

But thank you for calling out the blatant lies. I mean that. Arguing (even heated arguing) is one thing. Lying is another.

Re: Trophy Hunts Here vs there [Re: kusai] #5920344 09/09/15 07:05 PM
D
Drooby Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
D
I would never spend that much for a hunt, that's crazy haha.

Re: Trophy Hunts Here vs there [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #5920356 09/09/15 07:14 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Yeah, yeah, yeah.....

"Yep it's the same result both equal dead mature animals."

That pretty much says it all about the state of things today. As I have said, it's all about a dead animal for many. I do admire your honesty about it.

BTW, you would do well to read up on hunting Lord Derby's eland in the wild in Africa. If you think eland hunting is 100% and you just ride around in a truck - you've got a lot to learn about eland hunting. I mean real eland hunting. They're not all on game farms, you know.

Yelp dead is dead is the end result. Everything else is your own personal take or experience. It's not mine or yours if we weren't there. Therefore it is not your right or mine to label it.

NP the world is a game farm, what happens when you have to assign a value the exceeds ag and property looses so that there is worth for locals not to exterminate a species.

Re: Trophy Hunts Here vs there [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #5920358 09/09/15 07:17 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

But thank you for calling out the blatant lies. I mean that. Arguing (even heated arguing) is one thing. Lying is another.

Now you are disappointing me... But gave me a grand idea.

Montana has unlimited tags in a unit they want to eliminate Big Horns and restock.

You and Rancher need to get after it. Loser can't respond to the other for an entire year

Re: Trophy Hunts Here vs there [Re: BOBO the Clown] #5920365 09/09/15 07:25 PM
J
jshouse Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J

Now you are disappointing me... But gave me a grand idea.

Montana has unlimited tags in a unit they want to eliminate Big Horns and restock.

You and Rancher need to get after it. Loser can't respond to the other for an entire year

why?

and I am for this as well, would be the perfect duo for a live hunt up

Originally Posted By: cameron00
If I send my neighbors a text and ask them to give me feedback on my lawn and plant rye into a giant dong pattern, I'm probably going to get some less than positive feedback. Same goes here.
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide