Forums46
Topics538,797
Posts9,741,430
Members87,118
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: What are you paying for a duck lease these days? [Re: TXPride] #5362175 10/15/14 09:04 PM
R
RayB Online Content
red bone Bob
Online Content
red bone Bob
R
Originally Posted By: TXPride
Cheaper to get a guided hunt 10 times a year.

This ^^
My problem is my only duck hunting partner has given it up and guides may not want to mix groups.

There is time, and you must take it, to lay your hand on your dog's head as you walk past him lying on the floor or on his settle, time to talk with him, to remember with him, time to please him, time you can't buy back once he's gone" GBE
Re: What are you paying for a duck lease these days? [Re: RayB] #5362410 10/15/14 10:59 PM
J
Judd Offline
#1 Creedmoor Fan
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
Originally Posted By: Barny Topwater

This ^^
My problem is my only duck hunting partner has given it up and guides may not want to mix groups.

I can't guided hunt with my buddies who can't afford it or the lease.

Originally Posted By: mohunter
The easy road is not cheap.

Nothing easy about leasing if you plant/build blinds/scout to see which holes are holding birds/dealing with cows/etc. The only easy part about it was the peace of mind knowing some jackass isn't going to come setup on top of you and highball your birds. More power to y'all that hunt public...I did it but duck hunting is supposed to be my release away from the stress and grind but if someone does that stuff to me it ruins my whole day. Not worth it to me.

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: What are you paying for a duck lease these days? [Re: Yassir Sanchez] #5362485 10/15/14 11:38 PM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted By: Yassir Sanchez
My family had the greatest deer lease in Texas (I ain't kidding!) for almost thirty years. Then a rich liberal tobacco lawyer bought it and turned it over to the Nature Conservancy so that nobody could ever hunt it again.

Mayfield Ranch and Country Store in downtown in Juno Texas, I miss you so much!

Blame it on your family, not the rich lawyer whip

www.TexasPondPoppers.com
Originally Posted by bill oxner
Loved my 4 inches. Well needed.

Hate Russians. Love happy endings. I saw snot fly. cheers

Re: What are you paying for a duck lease these days? [Re: Judd] #5363184 10/16/14 12:05 PM
M
mohunter Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
Originally Posted By: Judd

This ^^

Nothing easy about leasing if you plant/build blinds/scout to see which holes are holding birds/dealing with cows/etc. The only easy part about it was the peace of mind knowing some jackass isn't going to come setup on top of you and highball your birds. More power to y'all that hunt public...I did it but duck hunting is supposed to be my release away from the stress and grind but if someone does that stuff to me it ruins my whole day. Not worth it to me.

Believe me I know, I went that route for 8 years while my kids were growing up, after all the work is done it is very easy. Pull up right before LST get in the blind and pop ducks that fly in, very familier with it, just not my cup of tea any longer.
I understand not wanting the challenge of Public, it's not for everyone.
I spend way more time and money hunting public though.

Re: What are you paying for a duck lease these days? [Re: mohunter] #5366357 10/18/14 02:15 AM
M
Merican Duck Hunter Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M

Arise.Kill.Eat -Acts 10:13
Originally Posted by Nathan Nelson
I have read a bunch of stuff on the internet about Star Wars but that does not mean I can skin a deer with a light saber.
Re: What are you paying for a duck lease these days? [Re: Paul D] #5367812 10/19/14 11:55 AM
S
scubaarchery Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
We decided to offer a season pass which includes guided hunts Saturday and Sunday every weekend of duck season for $2500. We plan to sell 4- 8 per year and will allow hunters to bring another person 5 days a year for free then pay day rates after that. We have two properties with 4 commercial ponds (ability to shoot a 4 person limit on it) and several smaller ponds that 1-2 people could shoot a limit on. We are trying it this year to see how it sells. To me you get the best of both, guided hunts, multiple properties, and we rest our commercial ponds during the week, additionally, there are small ponds where you can hunt during the week. You can bring friends to hunt with you sometimes but there is a limit... Our farmers

Catch more hybrids, sand-bass and striper with the Thump’emup Thumper!
www.thumpemupfishing.com
Re: What are you paying for a duck lease these days? [Re: Paul D] #5368161 10/19/14 04:43 PM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
In a perfect world...

www.TexasPondPoppers.com
Loved my 4 inches. Well needed.

Hate Russians. Love happy endings. I saw snot fly. cheers

Re: What are you paying for a duck lease these days? [Re: Paul D] #5369088 10/20/14 03:00 AM
B
BandOfBrotherOTX Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Wanted to say our farmer keep us posted on duck activity so we know the best place to hunt across our properties but I missed that part somehow...

Keith,
(432)813-7833
Re: What are you paying for a duck lease these days? [Re: Paul D] #5370060 10/20/14 06:25 PM
Paul D Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
Thanks for the free duck lease calculator Guy.

I'll shoot a mallard but I won't shoot a spoonie, unless its real slow...
Re: What are you paying for a duck lease these days? [Re: Featherduster] #5370063 10/20/14 06:26 PM
A
aerangis Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
A
Geeze.....has duck dynasty screwed things up that bad by increasing the cost of leases? At that rate my spots must be worth a million easy.

Last edited by aerangis; 10/20/14 06:28 PM.
Re: What are you paying for a duck lease these days? [Re: mohunter] #5370087 10/20/14 06:38 PM
A
aerangis Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
A

This ^^

Believe me I know, I went that route for 8 years while my kids were growing up, after all the work is done it is very easy. Pull up right before LST get in the blind and pop ducks that fly in, very familier with it, just not my cup of tea any longer.

Bro, you got that right. There are some unbelievable public hunting opportunities on the N Texas lakes with adequate water levels. If a man is willing to scout and put in the time, there are places off the beaten path that hold numbers of ducks that have to be seen to be believed.

The last day of this past second split, I took a guide I met a while back on a public hunt not far from Texoma. He said he'd never seen so many ducks at one time. I see the same numbers every time I hunt. And I hunt 6 days a week during season.

You gotta want it.....

Re: What are you paying for a duck lease these days? [Re: Paul D] #5370145 10/20/14 07:04 PM
P
phat694 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
P
I pay a decent rate for a year round lease that has 10 or less members on it (For dove/duck season), in the off season we can shoot hogs, trap, hang out at the cabin or whatever. Family is included and you get 3 guest passes. Lodging is onsite. 1000 acres with 7 large tanks and a few smaller ponds, the property is flood controlled by wells if needed. Acres and acres of smart weed, tooth-cup, etc. Blinds are layed out ahead of Sept 1. Limits are not an issue. There is a 'manager' onsite who provides scouting reports too.

What makes the price worth it to me is not having to deal with the duck dynasty crowd or other noobs busting my birds, setting up on top of me or blowing their dang call for hours on end. I dont have to drive 60+ mins to my site just to set up and hunt then drive 60+ mins home I can stay several days. Its family friendly and we have year round access.

Patrick Casteel | REALTOR
Repeat Realty, LLC | Direct: 214-494-9265
patrick@repeatre.com | www.RepeatRealty.com
[Linked Image]
Re: What are you paying for a duck lease these days? [Re: phat694] #5371150 10/21/14 02:08 PM
D
Dfwguy Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
Originally Posted By: phat694
I pay a decent rate for a year round lease that has 10 or less members on it (For dove/duck season), in the off season we can shoot hogs, trap, hang out at the cabin or whatever. Family is included and you get 3 guest passes. Lodging is onsite. 1000 acres with 7 large tanks and a few smaller ponds, the property is flood controlled by wells if needed. Acres and acres of smart weed, tooth-cup, etc. Blinds are layed out ahead of Sept 1. Limits are not an issue. There is a 'manager' onsite who provides scouting reports too.

What makes the price worth it to me is not having to deal with the duck dynasty crowd or other noobs busting my birds, setting up on top of me or blowing their dang call for hours on end. I dont have to drive 60+ mins to my site just to set up and hunt then drive 60+ mins home I can stay several days. Its family friendly and we have year round access.

...are you guys looking for more members?

banana cheers

Re: What are you paying for a duck lease these days? [Re: Dfwguy] #5371781 10/21/14 06:37 PM
B
bownut Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Originally Posted By: dfwguy

banana cheers

I do believe Pintail is still trying to fill spots.

Re: What are you paying for a duck lease these days? [Re: TXPride] #5372206 10/21/14 09:57 PM
TexasBB Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

What ^^^ said! All I have to do is call Cap'n Jeff at SilverCreek! Scouting done. Brushing of blinds, done. Just show up and shoot, and since I rarely(never) get to hunt 10 times a year, it's the cheaper option.

Re: What are you paying for a duck lease these days? [Re: bownut] #5372331 10/21/14 10:54 PM
M
mohunter Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
Originally Posted By: bownut
Originally Posted By: dfwguy

banana cheers

I do believe Pintail is still trying to fill spots.

He said "decent rate" surely he is not referring to a $7500 a season place as a decent rate.

Last edited by mohunter; 10/21/14 10:56 PM.
Re: What are you paying for a duck lease these days? [Re: Paul D] #5373150 10/22/14 11:37 AM
S
scubaarchery Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
We still have some season passes if anyone is looking

www.thumpemupfishing.com
Re: What are you paying for a duck lease these days? [Re: scubaarchery] #5373940 10/22/14 05:54 PM
A
aerangis Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
A
Originally Posted By: scubaarchery
We decided to offer a season pass which includes guided hunts Saturday and Sunday every weekend of duck season for $2500. We plan to sell 4- 8 per year and will allow hunters to bring another person 5 days a year for free then pay day rates after that. We have two properties with 4 commercial ponds (ability to shoot a 4 person limit on it) and several smaller ponds that 1-2 people could shoot a limit on. We are trying it this year to see how it sells. To me you get the best of both, guided hunts, multiple properties, and we rest our commercial ponds during the week, additionally, there are small ponds where you can hunt during the week. You can bring friends to hunt with you sometimes but there is a limit... Our farmers

Having hunted with your crew in the past, I can honestly say that's a heck of a value for someone wanting to hunt without the hassle of doing the preplanning and leg work.

When you factor in the expense, time and effort spent to find good birds, get blinds setup, have knowledgable guides on hand to assist with the hunt, and who know the water, $2500 is a drop in the bucket for anyone who wants to hunt waterfowl and who has realistic expectations regarding the cost of hunting over a season.

Re: What are you paying for a duck lease these days? [Re: Paul D] #5374871 10/23/14 02:39 AM
S
scubaarchery Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
Thanks, we thought it was reasonable to offer this. We did it to be able to offer more places to hunt.

www.thumpemupfishing.com
Re: What are you paying for a duck lease these days? [Re: Paul D] #5374874 10/23/14 02:40 AM
S
scubaarchery Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
Thanks, we thought it was reasonable to offer this. We did it to be able to offer more places to hunt.

www.thumpemupfishing.com
Re: What are you paying for a duck lease these days? [Re: Paul D] #5378880 10/25/14 01:07 PM
S
scubaarchery Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
Finished another blind yesterday...

www.thumpemupfishing.com
Re: What are you paying for a duck lease these days? [Re: Paul D] #5379089 10/25/14 03:45 PM
S
SmallTownHunter Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
Free, I live a mile from the Brazos River and there are lot's of birds come December. After hunting for free all these years and getting plenty of limits it would be really hard to pay to hunt ducks, especially thousands of dollars.

Re: What are you paying for a duck lease these days? [Re: aerangis] #5379097 10/25/14 03:54 PM
S
SmallTownHunter Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
Originally Posted By: aerangis
[quote=TXPride]Cheaper to get a guided hunt 10 times a year.

This ^^

Bro, you got that right. There are some unbelievable public hunting opportunities on the N Texas lakes with adequate water levels. If a man is willing to scout and put in the time, there are places off the beaten path that hold numbers of ducks that have to be seen to be believed.

The last day of this past second split, I took a guide I met a while back on a public hunt not far from Texoma. He said he'd never seen so many ducks at one time. I see the same numbers every time I hunt. And I hunt 6 days a week during season.

You gotta want it.....[/quote]

Texas has some awesome public duck holes that few people know about, I hardly see a single person all year long at our spots on the river.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide