Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Trespassing..... [Re: fonzie] #5333076 09/30/14 01:23 AM
Double Naught Spy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Quote:
So back to pilot's mistake - he might not see clearly where one property connect to another. Not really good excuse but also land owner fault for not maintaining fence.

No law says a landowner has to maintain a fence to provide adequate visibility to helihunters. It is the helihunters responsibility to know where they are.

Quote:
My point was - if you dont have Visible Property Markers, how do one can understand if he/she tresspassing by honest mistake?

Again, no law says the landowner has to have the property marked visible from the air. Maybe it is an honest mistake of negligence on the part of the helihunter and there can be very real consequences for such "honest mistakes" like honest mistakenly shooting your neighbor's prize horse you thought was a deer.

Quote:
I guess I am a bit old fashioned and like when people stood by their word, could solve problems by friendly talk, not gauge anybody for quick gain now and dont think about tomorrow.
Many sides and opinions. Where did kindness and friendliness go?

Yeah, where did it go? You would think the helihunting pilot would have taken the time to get to know all the landowners in the area around where he might be taking hunters and try to work with them in advance to preclude there being problems should he just happen to deviate off course. Or maybe he did and he was told in no uncertain terms to not shoot into the wrong property and violated what hew as told.

The fault is not with the landowner.

Quote:
Strange how people complain about hogs, yet howl like a scalded dog if someone shoots a hog on their property.

LOL, if my stove doesn't work, I don't somebody coming into my house without permission to see if he can handle the job. I sure as hell don't want strangers on my property shooting guns without permission. That poses a very real safety hazard.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: Trespassing..... [Re: fonzie] #5333129 09/30/14 01:44 AM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
LOA

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Trespassing..... [Re: blackcoal] #5333141 09/30/14 01:49 AM
Kbar Ag Service Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
Originally Posted By: blackcoal
Strange how people complain about hogs, yet howl like a scalded dog if someone shoots a hog on their property. Seems the main issue re the pilot/hunter, did they make a mistake and can they rectify their mistake, or do they have the attitude they are above all others, and so important other landowners don't have any control over what they do.

The post you are replying to is over a year old.
While I think that there is definitely a calling for helicopters and such, have your kinda noticed how those people offering them have faded away?

BK

PRIVATELY OWNED
TAHC permitted feral swine holding facility.
Serving Gulf Coast and South Texas ranchers, farmers, hunters, and residents with abatement.
Disposal, Traps and in-field pick-up service available.
Re: Trespassing..... [Re: Red D] #5333154 09/30/14 01:53 AM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: Red D
Originally Posted By: dogcatcher

The pilot should have known or "marked" the property boundaries before he started the flight. up

Very true.
but can you determine exactly, lets say, from 600-800 yards if heli flew over
your neighboor or skimmed over edge of your property? Tree shaking could be from rotor wash, so it is not the proper way to justify distance.
Probably pilot intruded a lot, who knows, though still room for mistake from the ground.
I still believe conflict could be solved peacefully with apology and handshake.
Unless it was a pissing contest over "my freeranging hog at the far edge of my property". Sad.

With the new GPS mapping software out now it's hard to be confused on property boundries

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Trespassing..... [Re: fonzie] #5333162 09/30/14 01:58 AM
J
Jhop Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
I seen a blue 500 taking a "hunting party" out of the Temple Airport today when I was getting off work. Yes, I'm sure it was a hunting trip. I seen as lest one gun clearly visible being carried by the left rear passenger. I've seen this particular Blue 500 flying on different occasions but never paid attention to it.

Retired U. S. Army, which means I still have to work to make a living.
Re: Trespassing..... [Re: Red D] #5340649 10/03/14 10:46 PM
C
crapicat Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: dogcatcher
probably land owners wanted a fatter "profit sharing" and complained to GW when got nothing.

So it is the landowner's fault he got caught hunting over their property? That's bs

Not trying to protect pilot or blame land owners. Article was not clear on details anyway.

I've hunted a dove lease and asked for Exact property outline. I was happy I did that. Barbed wire fence adjacent was a "two strands" on flimsy wooden posts/tree branches. Several places were completely collapsed on the ground, exceeding length of 60-70 yards. If i did not know, would never see barbed wires under layer of leafes and grass.
So back to pilot's mistake - he might not see clearly where one property connect to another. Not really good excuse but also land owner fault for not maintaining fence.
And it is not difficult to find who is flying in area by at least asking neighboor and then give a call to pilot and tell him "dont fly or pay up".
Two phonecalls and everybody is happy.
My point was - if you dont have Visible Property Markers, how do one can understand if he/she tresspassing by honest mistake?
I guess I am a bit old fashioned and like when people stood by their word, could solve problems by friendly talk, not gauge anybody for quick gain now and dont think about tomorrow.
Many sides and opinions. Where did kindness and friendliness go?

AMEN.

Re: Trespassing..... [Re: fonzie] #5341289 10/04/14 01:49 PM
B
bigjoe8565 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
My main concern is one of these groups accidentally shooting a hunter, rancher or anyone else when they get confused, or chose to cross property lines. I posted earlier this year that a chopper was flying extremely low and hovering over my deer lease. Knowing chopper hunts were occurring in the area made me very nervous with them overhead. I never heard, or saw them shoot, but it was still an uneasy feeling.

Re: Trespassing..... [Re: fonzie] #5353512 10/11/14 03:01 AM
H
Hunt Texas Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
Yes, its an old thread but I'm going to chime in here. I hunted with this particular Heli Outfitter for a full day a couple of years ago with a few clients of mine. They are based out of Temple Airport and fly a Blue MD500. Great guys, held safety as the highest priority, and provided a great hunting opportunity. They had a young military sniper as their safety officer, sitting in the back seat of the chopper loading mags and making sure the shooter next to him was being safe with his rifle. Only one shooter at a time. Having spent time with these guys I find it hard to believe that they would knowingly trespass on private property, whether in the air or on the ground. The pilot (Richard) has 35+ years of flight experience as he used to run Heli-charter tours in Hawaii for decades. He moved back to Texas to take care of his aging mother, and being this kind of guy, I doubt he would risk his pilot's license by knowingly crossing this line for a hog hunt. Just doesn't make sense, so there has to be more to it than we know.

Re: Trespassing..... [Re: fonzie] #5365536 10/17/14 04:36 PM
B
Byronstuff Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
B
Is killing hogs anywhere considered Poaching? I would think the pilot would receive a pat on the back for clearing Varmin...

Re: Trespassing..... [Re: fonzie] #5366060 10/17/14 09:50 PM
G
Gusval Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
G
Killing hogs or any animal on private property without approval is poaching. My opinion, the pilot is to blame for trespassing. He should have taking the time to know where the boundaries are prior to the hunt just as stunt pilots at air shows have wave points/landmarks to know when to take their turns. Imagine hunting in a camo pop up blind for pigs and a helicopter flies over head and starts shooting at your pigs. I would be livid and would probably need a change of underwear.

Re: Trespassing..... [Re: fonzie] #5366817 10/18/14 02:34 PM
Double Naught Spy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Quote:
Is killing hogs anywhere considered Poaching? I would think the pilot would receive a pat on the back for clearing Varmin...

Why would you give a pat on the back to a person shooting things you don't want shot on your property and doing so without permission?

Would you be okay if I come inside your house without your permission and try to kill pests there?

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide