Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Day Leasing Neighbor [Re: redchevy] #5338408 10/02/14 06:05 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: redchevy
Originally Posted By: Trout-killer
Its not a for or against day lease argument. Its a landowners rights argument.

Some folks feel neighboring landowner rights should be held in check if they don't agree with their personal goals....others do not.

Pretty simple....

Im all for property owners rights. If he wants to build an apartment complex or golf course on it more power too him. The deer are not part of the real property.

Oh so no hunting should be allowed on either side of the fence

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Day Leasing Neighbor [Re: Texas Dan] #5338417 10/02/14 06:10 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Yep that's exactly what I ment bobo. Not!

There is a letter and intent to every law. I believe the state doesn not intend for property owners in areas with legally huntable deer to put as many people in there and kill a deer as they can.

Last edited by redchevy; 10/02/14 06:10 PM.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Day Leasing Neighbor [Re: Texas Dan] #5338424 10/02/14 06:12 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Rights of the individual go so far as they start to effect the rights of others. Im not gonna argue about it with someone trying to put words in my mouth like

"Oh so no hunting should be allowed on either side of the fence"

have fun.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Day Leasing Neighbor [Re: redchevy] #5338431 10/02/14 06:14 PM
T
Texas Dan Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Seeing people argue on the side of the day lease is proof of one of two things... some of yal just have to be the devils advocate or you just really don't care for Dan.

I don't know a single person who wants a day lease next door to the hunting property. I sure know I do not.

Good luck Dan.

Thanks!

Like so many things in life, it's something that you know exists but never understand the full impact until it impacts you directly. Granted, the day lease doesn't border the areas that I hunt. But I truly feel for my friend who, as a landowner, has a much greater investment at stake. I also want to make others here more aware of this and other threats to their time and efforts.

Yes, there was a time when your only concern was the impact of a few hunters exceeding bag limits. This is something that has much greater potential to create havoc on your best game management efforts.

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Re: Day Leasing Neighbor [Re: Texas Dan] #5338757 10/02/14 09:13 PM
T
txbobcat Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
There isn't anything good going to come from a neighbor day hunting. Those that think there will be need to put down the pipe.

Re: Day Leasing Neighbor [Re: txbobcat] #5338759 10/02/14 09:15 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N

yawn

Re: Day Leasing Neighbor [Re: BOBO the Clown] #5338760 10/02/14 09:17 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
Seeing people argue on the side of the day lease is proof of one of two things... some of yal just have to be the devils advocate or you just really don't care for Dan.

I don't know a single person who wants a day lease next door to the hunting property. I sure know I do not.

Good luck Dan.

Don't know a single person that wants any hunters next door or any neighbors for that fact

Day leases don't bother me. Even the poorly ran ones. 9/10 all they are doing is killing babies via dispersal, just like any poorly managed property that has hunters on it. This in a nut shell makes it easy to hold deer and determine your hit lists.

cheers

Re: Day Leasing Neighbor [Re: redchevy] #5338833 10/02/14 09:57 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Rights of the individual go so far as they start to effect the rights of others. Im not gonna argue about it with someone trying to put words in my mouth like

have fun.

You left it pretty open ended. What do you want max hunter per acre laws or max deer killed per acre

Guys like you and Dan baffle the hell out of me. Ya let's make more laws that screws hunters. Let's put a black x brand on day lease hunters because they aren't real hunters like you because they cant afford a lease like you. They aren't real hunters because they aren't trophy hunters, they just want to kill a deer.

Go back and look at the perception of what you wrote. Better idea....at the very minimum try to find a positive or away to adapt!!!

You might be highly surprised. 2 of the three ranches I hunt in Texas have days leases next door. One we'll manage, the other no hold bar. Neither effect us. All they do is push deer to us more and more as pressure increases.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Day Leasing Neighbor [Re: Texas Dan] #5338847 10/02/14 10:11 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: Texas Dan

Good luck Dan.

Thanks!

Like so many things in life, it's something that you know exists but never understand the full impact until it impacts you directly. Granted, the day lease doesn't border the areas that I hunt. But I truly feel for my friend who, as a landowner, has a much greater investment at stake. I also want to make others here more aware of this and other threats to their time and efforts.

Yes, there was a time when your only concern was the impact of a few hunters exceeding bag limits. This is something that has much greater potential to create havoc on your best game management efforts.

Make sure you refuse to pass their hunters Ed if they are day lessors

Re: Day Leasing Neighbor [Re: Texas Dan] #5338849 10/02/14 10:14 PM
Fomdiddle Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
I have just the opposite problem. I bought 30 acres to hunt and one neighbor beside and one behind are anti-hunting. They gripe and drive up and down to keep me from killing "their" deer. I believe in game management and will take a barren doe or an inferior spike before a young doe or buck. Fom

Re: Day Leasing Neighbor [Re: Texas Dan] #5339138 10/03/14 01:11 AM
T
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Should you find yourself facing day leasing hunters, it appears your best weapon, next to plenty of posted signs, is good law enforcement. Basic logic points to day lease hunters being more apt to avoid going home empty handed, especially when landowners take more of a hands off approach.

Re: Day Leasing Neighbor [Re: Texas Dan] #5339390 10/03/14 03:06 AM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
While we're at it, how come I can only shoot 4 deer,(which I don't do) but if I day leased, in theory, we could shoot hundreds, legally? Splain that to me.

Life is too short, as is. Don't chance it.
Don't text and drive.
Re: Day Leasing Neighbor [Re: Texas Dan] #5339405 10/03/14 03:15 AM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
You guys are trying to defend something that, at its very core is wrong. Kinda' reminds me of the debate over the guy in Arizona, who had his cows on BLM land . Cliven Bundy, the Big hatted rancher guy who didn't want to pay the same grazing fees to BLM that his neighbors had too, in fact, he didn't want to pay ANY grazing fees and didn't for about 15 years or so....Oh yeah, I forgot he only OWNED 140 acres. Right is right and wrong is wrong. It's black and white to me.

Last edited by Erathkid; 10/03/14 03:17 AM.

Life is too short, as is. Don't chance it.
Don't text and drive.
Re: Day Leasing Neighbor [Re: Erathkid] #5339586 10/03/14 10:41 AM
T
Trout-killer Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: Erathkid
While we're at it, how come I can only shoot 4 deer,(which I don't do) but if I day leased, in theory, we could shoot hundreds, legally? Splain that to me.

If you can't figure out why you can shoot 4 deer and muliple people can shoot more than we can not help you on here...

But, I know a great 2nd grade teacher that can help you with math.
PM me and I'll get you their contact info. But I must warn you; their time isn't cheap.

Re: Day Leasing Neighbor [Re: Erathkid] #5339597 10/03/14 11:05 AM
R
rarjar Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R

What's the difference between the day leased ranch (and theoretically shooting hundreds of deer) and my private ranch if I were to invite a boatload of family and friends to shoot deer? Both cases can result in a very large deer harvest but still each individual is limited to the what he/she can harvest legally.

Re: Day Leasing Neighbor [Re: rarjar] #5339607 10/03/14 11:19 AM
T
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: rarjar

What's the difference between the day leased ranch (and theoretically shooting hundreds of deer) and my private ranch if I were to invite a boatload of family and friends to shoot deer? Both cases can result in a very large deer harvest but still each individual is limited to the what he/she can harvest legally.

If you did it every day of the season, and invited a new group of family and friends each time, the potential impact would be the same.

Now do you get the picture?

Re: Day Leasing Neighbor [Re: Texas Dan] #5339623 10/03/14 11:38 AM
R
rarjar Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
Originally Posted By: Texas Dan
Originally Posted By: rarjar

If you did it every day of the season, and invited a new group of family and friends each time, the potential impact would be the same.

Now do you get the picture?

Yes Dan...I already had the picture. My post was a rhetorical question, not a question of game management. I am well aware of managing deer herds (I've been doing it for many years on my ranch). Erathkid asked how come he could only shoot 4 deer but if he day leased his place literally 100's could be harvested. My post was an attempt to explain to him that the game laws don't limit how many deer are harvested off a ranch (unless you're in a MLD program), only that individuals are limited.

Last edited by rarjar; 10/03/14 11:40 AM.
Re: Day Leasing Neighbor [Re: Trout-killer] #5339695 10/03/14 12:46 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P

If you can't figure out why you can shoot 4 deer and muliple people can shoot more than we can not help you on here...

PM me and I'll get you their contact info. But I must warn you; their time isn't cheap.

You are so clever. Why don't you go back to off topic where you belong? Your no hunter, you simply love stirring the pot and being a keyboard tough guy. stir

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Day Leasing Neighbor [Re: BOBO the Clown] #5339806 10/03/14 01:47 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

have fun.

You left it pretty open ended. What do you want max hunter per acre laws or max deer killed per acre

Guys like you and Dan baffle the hell out of me. Ya let's make more laws that screws hunters. Let's put a black x brand on day lease hunters because they aren't real hunters like you because they cant afford a lease like you. They aren't real hunters because they aren't trophy hunters, they just want to kill a deer.

Go back and look at the perception of what you wrote. Better idea....at the very minimum try to find a positive or away to adapt!!!

You might be highly surprised. 2 of the three ranches I hunt in Texas have days leases next door. One we'll manage, the other no hold bar. Neither effect us. All they do is push deer to us more and more as pressure increases.

I don't want any new laws, just responsible people to make responsible decisions. Im not trying to make anyone into a trophy hunter.

Can you make a post without putting words in someones mouth? I didn't say I wanted to make a harvest per acre law.

How big are the properties that you hunt on that border day leases bobo?

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Day Leasing Neighbor [Re: Texas Dan] #5339839 10/03/14 02:07 PM
K
kyle1974 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
K
small acreage day leases depend on deer traffic moving through their place. It's not about how they manage it, as they have no deer on their place to manage. High fence them out, and be done with it.

Re: Day Leasing Neighbor [Re: Texas Dan] #5339851 10/03/14 02:14 PM
TurkeyHunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Manage deer herd = sounds like livestock.

stir

roflmao

Maybe have to pen some up in a feed lot a month before season. This thread, like many others, is entertaining for sure.

To be determined
Re: Day Leasing Neighbor [Re: TurkeyHunter] #5339872 10/03/14 02:22 PM
K
kyle1974 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: TurkeyHunter
Manage deer herd = sounds like livestock.

stir

roflmao

Maybe have to pen some up in a feed lot a month before season. This thread, like many others, is entertaining for sure.

no, it's about appropriate care of a resource. People who shoot every deer that crosses their path for money, with no regard for their neighbors, or the overall impact to the range are [censored]... plain and simple. It's not rocket science, it's just common sense.

I don't want any new laws to be developed trying to curb absolute stupidity, however as mentioned... high fencing out the problem people running day hunts on a couple hundred acre place will work wonders.

Last edited by kyle1974; 10/03/14 02:25 PM.
Re: Day Leasing Neighbor [Re: Erathkid] #5339879 10/03/14 02:25 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

You can legally shoot 100's off any property with out ever even leasing it.

Re: Day Leasing Neighbor [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #5339926 10/03/14 02:42 PM
T
Trout-killer Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

You are so clever. Why don't you go back to off topic where you belong? Your no hunter, you simply love stirring the pot and being a keyboard tough guy. stir

Awwww. Sad.

Re: Day Leasing Neighbor [Re: redchevy] #5339938 10/03/14 02:50 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

have fun.

I don't want any new laws, just responsible people to make responsible decisions. Im not trying to make anyone into a trophy hunter.

Can you make a post without putting words in someones mouth? I didn't say I wanted to make a harvest per acre law.

How big are the properties that you hunt on that border day leases bobo?

200 and 2500. We shoot the biggest deer off the 200.

Not putting words in your mouth, you inferred it with your posts, if you didn't mean that then don't be so open ended. You guys want more laws but at the same time alienate a lot of good people whom just want to get out and hunt a little and kill a deer. 90 plus percent of Texas doesn't have an under populated deer herd. Ironically the lower you population numbers usually the higher the fawn recruitment meaning more twins. He'll some of the public land I hunt gives out a permit per 20acres yet a 200" deer gets taken almost every year. He'll very rarely do I go a sit without the abity to kill a deer.

These threads start out the same always first the landowner is a greedy Pig, then the hunters are dirt. Written or inferred

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide