Forums46
Topics539,549
Posts9,750,951
Members87,167
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: You be the judge! Is this too close? [Re: TSH_Lance] #533303 01/04/09 08:37 PM
T
txhunter24 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
I agree with DEERSTRANGLER let this guy know he is a moron. Because its hard for a moron to know he is being one.

Every good and perfect gift is from above . James 1:17
Re: You be the judge! Is this too close? [Re: TSH_Lance] #533304 01/04/09 08:51 PM
H
Hman Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
Okay, so you have a great wheatfield that the deer love (I'm guessing, because that pic didn't post)

You would have no problem drawing deer from his property onto your wheat so that you may harvest them, correct?

Why would you have a problem with him harvesting a deer leaving his property toward yours?

Until you can prove he's shooting deer on your property, you'll have to accept it.

Re: You be the judge! Is this too close? [Re: Hman] #533305 01/04/09 08:53 PM
7mag Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Quote:

Okay, so you have a great wheatfield that the deer love (I'm guessing, because that pic didn't post)

You would have no problem drawing deer from his property onto your wheat so that you may harvest them, correct?

Why would you have a problem with him harvesting a deer leaving his property toward yours?

Until you can prove he's shooting deer on your property, you'll have to accept it.

Not my deer there cheesecake, read the post, its the other cops jk

[Linked Image]
"Laugh with many, but don't trust any"
Re: You be the judge! Is this too close? [Re: 7mag] #533306 01/04/09 09:02 PM
H
Hman Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
Wasn't replying to your worthless threads there pork sausage. Somebody is feeling frisky today.

Re: You be the judge! Is this too close? [Re: mustafa] #533307 01/04/09 10:21 PM
T
TXBowhunter1 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Quote:

why dont you put a stand up on the fence line across from his stand and hunt it?

thats exactly what i would do. or high fence it right on front of his stand.

Re: You be the judge! Is this too close? [Re: TXBowhunter1] #533308 01/05/09 01:18 AM
M
Matagorda Mud Pig Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
Put up your game cam, if he shoots a deer on your side, then get the pic of him trespassing and show the GW

However, I were him, I'd try and catch a deer before it got to your wheat field and property. I think that's just fine.

Re: You be the judge! Is this too close? [Re: Matagorda Mud Pig] #533309 01/05/09 01:22 AM
T
TXBowhunter1 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
you could also make it a new place to dump your gut piles.

Re: You be the judge! Is this too close? [Re: TXBowhunter1] #533310 01/05/09 07:59 PM
G
ghollow Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
G
How close is too close? 50 yds.? 100 yds.?

Re: You be the judge! Is this too close? [Re: TSH_Lance] #533311 01/05/09 08:41 PM
C
cody Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Hang a no trespassing sign on your fence directly in front of the stand. It's not harassment. Bet it has a hole in it the next time you go by. Another thing that's worked for me recently...I bought some property just south of town simply for resale. The guy behind that place hunts the fence line. My place has a big open area the rest is really brushy. I saw him out there one day and approached him. Told him that I wasn't worried about him poaching on my place (lie) but I was worried that someone on my place might not see him and I was worried about his safety. He said that he appreciated the heads up and hasn't been back there since. Diplomacy at it's best.

Re: You be the judge! Is this too close? [Re: cody] #533312 01/05/09 08:47 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
That sucks. i'd put a no tresspassing sign on the fence infront of his stand or closest tree if you don't know if the fence line is the true property line, other then that, he has rights to that land and as long as he doesn't step over the fence or shot over it... He is with in his legal rights

Bottom line, never trust a man whose uncle was eaten by cannibals.-Sen Joni Ernst
Re: You be the judge! Is this too close? [Re: cody] #533313 01/05/09 08:50 PM
C
chestnut Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
It wouldn't bother me as long as he actually shot at deer only on his side of the fence and I didn't have a stand in the area. You might make this clear to him by putting up a no-trespassing sign on the fence right opposite the stand, as cody said.

Re: You be the judge! Is this too close? [Re: TSH_Lance] #533314 01/05/09 09:13 PM
Q
quailman Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
Q
Do ya'll think it's about time to have some kind of law limiting how close you can put a stand or feeder to a fencline ? I manage a lease in Archer cnty where we have two wheat fields, and the guy's across the fence have got stands lined up like dove on a high line.

Re: You be the judge! Is this too close? [Re: quailman] #533315 01/05/09 09:33 PM
C
cody Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
A law of some sort would not bother me. However, I'm sure there are lot's of folks with smaller tracts, including some of our fellow members that it would put out of business completely. Like has been said, it's legal as long as boots and bullets don't cross the fence line.

Re: You be the judge! Is this too close? [Re: cody] #533316 01/05/09 09:50 PM
W
Waylon A. Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
W
You're right Cody!
I only have 53 acres. Not being able to hunt a fenceline would screw me big time.
I would never shoot across a fence, but being able to see a deer coming before actually jumping on to my property is a big advantage.

Re: You be the judge! Is this too close? [Re: LoonMan] #533317 01/05/09 09:51 PM
R
RICK O'SHAY Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R
i really really WANT to say no i wouldn't have a problem with it, but i would..... if it was my stand i'd justify it because to me it looks like he is hunting deer that would be comming -from- the cover (on his side) in the -evening- headed to your field.

DISCLAIMER
ATTENTION: Your decision should NEVER be based SOLELY upon my advice, recomendation, or opinion.
Re: You be the judge! Is this too close? [Re: quailman] #533318 01/05/09 09:57 PM
Crazyhorse Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Welcome to the THF.

A couple of years back legislation was proposed to establish a mandatory distance a feeder or stand could be from a boundary fence.

Luckily for many people it went down in flames.

Depending on how a property is laid out and the distances required, a person with 100 acres might not be able to have more than one stand and feeder on their property.

Some folks might think that is a good idea, but if more folks are pushed out of hunting because they don't own or can not afford to hunt a larger tract, that means license sales are gonna drop, and I can guarantee you right now, once someone is forced out of being able to hunt over such an issue, and they can not get back into the sport in a couple of years, you can damn well bet that they may not vote to see hunting outlawed, but they won't vote to keep it alive either.

Folks, whether it be land owners or hunters leasing the properties need to spend a tad more time on fostering good lines of communication among each other and find workable solutions to situations such as this, instead of griping about it on the internet.

There are all kinds of ways to get the point across, the best way is some form of amicable arrangement between both the landowners and the hunters on adjoining properties.

If that ain't possible then if it can be afforded, put up an 8 or 10 foot fence along that property line and stop the problem completely.

As JJH would say about me: JMO.

Re: You be the judge! Is this too close? [Re: Crazyhorse] #533319 01/05/09 10:05 PM
C
cibolo Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
as long as he doesn't shoot over your fence there really isn't anything that can be done from what i understand. The guy could find some trails to hunt on his place were the deer are bedding down and really hunt. or do what Bayourat suggested, that's a real orgional idea ,i never thought about that. and talk about pissing off that ol' boy when he went and got in the stand for the first time, hi fence on steroids. don't know the pricing though.

i grew up with a family place that was about 200 acre's and we never hunted it for anything other than dove, and we sighted in rifle's into the tank berm. but these were narrow tracts of land,and my grandpa was alway's worried about the travel of the bullet and neighbors. so we just never did. but had that been are only place to hunt at the time we would of probably figured somthing out such as bow hunting. work with what you got ,but try to work with your neighbors best you can.

"Error of Opinion may be tolerated where Reason is left free to combat it." - Thomas Jefferson
"If we ever forget that we're one nation under GOD, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan
Re: You be the judge! Is this too close? [Re: Crazyhorse] #533320 01/05/09 10:11 PM
Q
quailman Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
Q
Your probably right, It just gets under my skin when these guy's are actually trimming ther trees in order to see out into our wheat. I'm sure they are just doing that for the view !

Re: You be the judge! Is this too close? [Re: Crazyhorse] #533321 01/05/09 10:12 PM
L
LoonMan Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
L
1.The first picture is supposed to show.
-HE HAS HIS BACK TO HIS PROPERTY.
2.Some have suggested the guy is hunting his side of the property line.
-the second picture is supposed to show that it is open on his side of the fence 10-15 ft wide and at most 15-20yds each side of his stand. The second pic also shows tree limbs preventing him from shooting at most of this small open area on his side.
3.If he is hunting his place for deer crossing the fence? Why is he not on the ground below the branches and off to one side. He could certainly see farther this way. He could also avoid shooting across the fence.

Last edited by BradLooney; 01/05/09 10:18 PM.
Re: You be the judge! Is this too close? [Re: RICK O'SHAY] #533322 01/05/09 10:21 PM
Crazyhorse Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Can you explain this in a little more understandable terms????

Quote:

i'd justify it because to me it looks like he is hunting deer that would be comming -from- the cover (on his side) in the -evening- headed to your field.

If the deer are on his side of the fence, using the cover on that side as a daytime bedding area, should not he have the right to kill those deer instead of letting them go over the fence so someone else can kill them????????

Re: You be the judge! Is this too close? [Re: LoonMan] #533323 01/06/09 12:10 AM
S
samh Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
I personally would not set up the same way. But it does apear in the second photo that there is a trail on his side of the fence that is frequently used by deer to jump the fence close to where he is set up. Maybe that is where he can get the best shot right before they jump.
Makes me wonder about a few things.
1 How big is his property?
2. How big is your property?
3. How many sides does his property border your wheat filed?
4. What if he put up a high fence to keep the deer that live in his heavily wooded pasture from entering your wide open pasture? Or even partialy high fenced it to create a funnel that would enable him to see every deer that left his side of the fence to your side?
this seems like basically a pissing match to me. I do not agree that he should be set up on the fence but I dont know that I would start a rift with a nieghbor who's property is where the deer actually live.

Re: You be the judge! Is this too close? [Re: LoonMan] #533324 01/06/09 01:47 PM
C
chestnut Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
Quote:

1.The first picture is supposed to show.
-HE HAS HIS BACK TO HIS PROPERTY.
2.Some have suggested the guy is hunting his side of the property line.
-the second picture is supposed to show that it is open on his side of the fence 10-15 ft wide and at most 15-20yds each side of his stand. The second pic also shows tree limbs preventing him from shooting at most of this small open area on his side.
3.If he is hunting his place for deer crossing the fence? Why is he not on the ground below the branches and off to one side. He could certainly see farther this way. He could also avoid shooting across the fence.

LOL, well your photos didn't do a good job of showing us either of those things.

If his stand is facing toward your property, that's just wrong. Also, if the cleared lane extends only a few yards in each direction, then he obviously isn't hunting it -- again wrong.

As someone pointed out, there does appear to be a trail leading into his property that the deer would no doubt use to get up to the fence. If he were smart, he'd extend and improve this trail and then he could set up about 50 yards in from the fence and ambush the deer coming and going.

As it is, I think he is up to no good.

Re: You be the judge! Is this too close? [Re: LoonMan] #533325 01/06/09 04:36 PM
M
MarkE Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
Park your truck right on the fence line when you are hunting or put some old farm equipment up against the fence there. OR set out a small transistor radio turned down very low on your side of the fence.

Re: You be the judge! Is this too close? [Re: LoonMan] #533326 01/06/09 05:09 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
What county is that in? There is a stand that a guest hunter on my Grandpa's land put up that looks exactly like that spot. It's a long shot, but if it's the same one I can have it moved. Or I can move it the next time I'm there.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: You be the judge! Is this too close? [Re: TSH_Lance] #533327 01/06/09 09:23 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
I read that and I still don't see that if you were on your land, doing what was legal to do, and not INTENTIONALLY harrassing the people then I don't think they could do anything about it. If some lower court disagreed, I would appeal it to a higher court. One's right to hunt does not suppercede my right to do on my land what I enjoy.

Proverbs 2
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide