Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Cripple Creek Retrievers [Re: #Hayraker] #5312504 09/18/14 01:30 AM
B
brock2013 Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
B
I sent my dog there last year and had nothing but good experiences with him. My cousin actually sent his after I got mine back and he did really good but I can see both sides. I can understand being hesitant because of the lost dog though. Especially if its true about him not helping look for it or having an explanation.

Re: Cripple Creek Retrievers [Re: #Hayraker] #5312573 09/18/14 01:50 AM
T
tjhook Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
was the dog an American choc lab

Re: Cripple Creek Retrievers [Re: ftw quack] #5312582 09/18/14 01:53 AM
M
MuddyWater Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
M
Originally Posted By: ftw quack

Looks like to me this whole thread was a setup, perhaps instead of being on the internet you should help go look for the dog

Nope he didn't lose the dog. If the trainer was paid on a timely manner and all payments are up to date then the trainer is a fault. Don't understand why you would expect him to go and look for this dog when the trainer is the one that lost him. I don't know if the story about the 7 year old posting pics of his lost dog and then the trainer taking them down is true but if it is then that is pretty sorry in my opinion.

Originally Posted By: 603Country
I want it to party in my mouth.
Re: Cripple Creek Retrievers [Re: #Hayraker] #5312612 09/18/14 02:02 AM
T
TrackQuack Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
I would do bad things to someone who lost my dog.....very bad things

Re: Cripple Creek Retrievers [Re: #Hayraker] #5312676 09/18/14 02:23 AM
S
SMontgomery84 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
S
I train at Cripple Creek Retrievers on a regular basis. My dog has spent plenty of time in their care. He has stayed at the kennel and been on their trailer on trips across the country. I have never once worried about his well being and will not have concerns in the future.

For those questioning the facilities, they are safe and clean. The kennels are the same ones that you would find in thousands of boarding kennels across the country. Sturdy and at least 6' tall. For a dog to escape they would have to get out of their kennel run and jump another fence on 1 side of the building or jump 2 fences on the other.

The fact that this dog has gone missing is due to circumstances that neither the owner of the dog or Cripple Creek Retrievers can control.

After years of working with Cripple Creek and seeing how dogs are treated and cared for, there isn't anywhere I would recommend more highly.

Black Devil's Ace in the Hole MH
2014 and 2015 Master National Qualifier
Re: Cripple Creek Retrievers [Re: SMontgomery84] #5312689 09/18/14 02:27 AM
M
MuddyWater Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
M
Then if it is out of everyone's control then why is it such a big secret on how the dog went missing. Not one person on here that acts like they know what actually went on has set the record straight. Is there a lawsuit or something?

Re: Cripple Creek Retrievers [Re: #Hayraker] #5312745 09/18/14 02:40 AM
K
kindall Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
K
I don't understand why she had no collar or tags on. The trainer I use puts collars with name plates 1 800 number on every dog that comes into his kennel. Has area around the kennels also fenced. Sure don't think he has ever lost a dog, just has it setup that way as a precaution.
Looks like Grace has a facebook page, and has been missing since the 9th of this month.
https://www.facebook.com/Gracecomehome
I sure hope they find her. Its got to be tough on the owners.

Shopping with your husband is like hunting with the game warden.
Experience is what you get, when you didn't get what you wanted.

Re: Cripple Creek Retrievers [Re: #Hayraker] #5312768 09/18/14 02:45 AM
S
SMontgomery84 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
S
Not one of us here are the kennel or the owner. Why would any of us know these details?

The sign story has to have more to it that we don't know. Seems everyone thinks that this is some cover up. The owner knows the dog is missing.

Black Devil's Ace in the Hole MH
2014 and 2015 Master National Qualifier
Re: Cripple Creek Retrievers [Re: #Hayraker] #5312776 09/18/14 02:47 AM
Dave Speer Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
There's always the one side to a story, the other side, and the truth. Who's to say even if signs were taken down, they were taken down because they said "SO and SO LOST MY DOG"-- that could irk a business owner to take them down. Anyway we'll probably never know.

Re: Cripple Creek Retrievers [Re: SMontgomery84] #5312781 09/18/14 02:52 AM
M
MuddyWater Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
M
Originally Posted By: SMontgomery84

The fact that this dog has gone missing is due to circumstances that neither the owner of the dog or Cripple Creek Retrievers can control.

This is what you said sounds like you know something or at least you think you do.

Re: Cripple Creek Retrievers [Re: #Hayraker] #5312787 09/18/14 02:54 AM
M
MuddyWater Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
M
And yes a kennel owner can control if a dog goes missing or not

Re: Cripple Creek Retrievers [Re: Dave Speer] #5312893 09/18/14 03:53 AM
Jeff Elder Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: Dave Speer
There's always the one side to a story, the other side, and the truth. Who's to say even if signs were taken down, they were taken down because they said "SO and SO LOST MY DOG"-- that could irk a business owner to take them down. Anyway we'll probably never know.

The guy who's dog is missing is a preacher. I tend to believe his side of the story

North central TX duck and dove hunts
www.silvercreekguideservice.com

Cell 817-597-0781
Re: Cripple Creek Retrievers [Re: Jeff Elder] #5312917 09/18/14 04:11 AM
M
MuddyWater Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
M
Originally Posted By: Jeff Elder

The guy who's dog is missing is a preacher. I tend to believe his side of the story

Once again Game Changer. In all reality how in the world does a dog go missing from a professional kennel? The blind thing doesn't make any since because the dog would be obedience trained by then.

Re: Cripple Creek Retrievers [Re: #Hayraker] #5312939 09/18/14 04:46 AM
G
grayfox14 Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
G
Has anybody besides myself considered the fact the dog may have been stolen? Now mind you I don't know how secure the kennel is [e.g. locks on kennel doors) but, does he have any for of camera set up around his location?

Re: Cripple Creek Retrievers [Re: MuddyWater] #5313265 09/18/14 01:38 PM
garrett Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: MuddyWater

Once again Game Changer. In all reality how in the world does a dog go missing from a professional kennel? The blind thing doesn't make any since because the dog would be obedience trained by then.

OB trained and collar conditioned, this dog was either stolen (but why take just one?) or it was just pure neglect on the kennels part.

Attention rickym, this is not a troll post, just a good hearted fun type of post
Re: Cripple Creek Retrievers [Re: #Hayraker] #5313365 09/18/14 02:32 PM
K
kindall Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
K
I have seen dogs that can climb out of those kennels, if they don't have a top on them. Also seen dogs that can unlatch the gates, if you don't put a lock through the latch. Bottom line, if your being paid to kennel/train a dog, and you lose them. Your name is going to be drug through the mud. It doesn't matter if you took normal precautions, the dog is lost, and the family will be upset.
The only reason I can see for him taking down the signs, is he didn't want his kennel name on them so close to his kennels. I can see where he wouldn't care for it, but finding the dog should be the first priority.
A dog running around without a collar on, is just another stray in most peoples eyes. The signs are their only hope of getting her back.

Shopping with your husband is like hunting with the game warden.
Experience is what you get, when you didn't get what you wanted.

Re: Cripple Creek Retrievers [Re: SMontgomery84] #5313461 09/18/14 03:13 PM
F
Featherduster Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted By: D McB
I'm not going to get into the specifics of the situation b/c it's not my place to do so, but as other posters have mentioned, there is more to it than the dog simply being lost...

If either one of you slaps could spit it out then there would be a lot of air cleared here.

Two people holding back the most important parts of the story is stupid.

Both of yall talk this place up, but hide the most important info.

Re: Cripple Creek Retrievers [Re: #Hayraker] #5313519 09/18/14 03:34 PM
W
wal1809 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
Boom!!!

Re: Cripple Creek Retrievers [Re: Featherduster] #5313588 09/18/14 04:05 PM
T
ttubudd Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
Originally Posted By: Featherduster
I'm not going to get into the specifics of the situation b/c it's not my place to do so, but as other posters have mentioned, there is more to it than the dog simply being lost...

If either one of you slaps could spit it out then there would be a lot of air cleared here.

Two people holding back the most important parts of the story is stupid.

Both of yall talk this place up, but hide the most important info.

Yesssssss

Wreck em!
Re: Cripple Creek Retrievers [Re: #Hayraker] #5313661 09/18/14 04:34 PM
T
texas wetlands Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
Maybe "Ole Red" was just itching to have a little fun!!

Re: Cripple Creek Retrievers [Re: D McB] #5313942 09/18/14 07:04 PM
TexasBB Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
I don't know man. If some guy lost my hound then took down the lost dog sign to CYA is pretty chicken chit.

Again, It's not my place to get into the specifics of the situation...but I simply know that everything possible is being done to recover the dog and make things right for all involved.

I am the owner of the dog in question, and if you know of anything being done to "make things right" I would like to know about it, because there has been absolutely nothing done to try and make things right with me. NOTHING.
I dropped my dog off on Friday, Sept 5th at around noon. I was called the next day about 4:30 and told my dog was gone. The trainer said she was there in the morning when he loaded some of the older dogs into his trailer to go off-site for training and when they returned around 1:30, she was gone. He said she must have climbed the 7ft. kennel fence and another 8ft. fence and escaped. Grace is a female around 45 lbs or so. She has never climbed a fence to my knowledge and I have owned her since I picked her up at the airport at 7 wks of age from the breeder in Utah. She has escaped from our back yard before, as our gate is pipe and she was able to squeeze through the pipes and escape. She also escaped several times from a flimsy wire crate we keep her in when we are gone from the house. This happened about a year ago and once we put a couple of snaps on the crate, it has not happened again. I suppose it is possible that she learned to climb fence in one day, although I do not understand why she was fine through the night and into the next morning. She is an athletic dog, so maybe she climbed two fences and left the other dogs in the kennel. I guess we'll never know. Here is where my issues really begin. When we got the call that she was gone, we immediately got in our vehicle and drove to Decatur and searched for her until about dark. JC, the trainer, also searched for our dog during this time. The next day I called to let him know that my wife and kids were going to be over his way looking for Grace and wanted to leave one of Braxton's shirts and some food for her in case she came back there would be a familiar scent. Braxton is my 7 year old son. Grace sleeps with him every night. I was told that they were shut down for the day, but my wife was welcome to go back to the kennel and leave a shirt, but no food. Was also told not to go into the kennel. She went by and left the shirt. The trainer did not come out of his home. If it were me and I had lost someone's animal that I was responsible for, I believe I would have at least come out and faced the people, but that's just me. At no time has he offered or asked for a way to make this right with me. I even had to ask him, after 4-5 days to return my check that I had given him for the first month's fees. He told me he would mail it the next day. 9 days later and still no check. He has apologized, but that is it. No, "Hey, if we find her I'll give you a month of training for free". No, "Hey, I'll give you a pup from one of my dogs." Nothing. He has looked for her at least one other time that I know, and perhaps he is searching at other times, I just don't know. He has gone and checked out two or three leads we called him about when people have called us to tell us they have seen a dog resembling ours.
The kicker was when my wife was following up at the only convenience store in the area and was told, "oh yes, we had the sign up, but your husband came in and took it down." My wife proceeded to tell her that whoever took it down was not her husband. She then said, "He said he lived at the address on the poster so, I assumed it was your husband." At that point, I called JC and asked him about my check and was told he'd have to check his records and get back to me. No word yet, and still no check. I then asked him if he would please refrain from taking down the signs that we had put up to find our dog. He said he had only taken down the ones on the road where his kennel was located. I told him I didn't know about those, but I did know he had taken one down in a convenience store that was 5-6 miles from his kennel and not on the same road. He claimed that it must have been one of the people who work for him, so I asked him why they would be taking them down if not at his direction? So, apparently someone is lying. He left me a message and said that it was his assistant trainer who lives in another town and must have misunderstood his instructions. Either his assistant lied to the lady at the convenience store by claiming to live at the address where the trainer or he is lying. Or maybe it is a plot by the convenience store lady to..........well, you decide. Also, we did not say anywhere on the signs that "this guy lost our dog" or anything like that. We simply gave the location for a point of reference and I was actually planning on saying nothing about him. I am now, obviously, changing that. Taking down our signs was the last straw. These are the facts and you can now make up your own mind. As far as this being a "setup", I asked no one to post on my behalf, just vented to a buddy who answered a thread on this forum. By the way, I have been a member of this forum for years, but changed computers and cannot remember my login (my old computer saved all of my passwords), so I had to re-register. Thanks for listening.

Re: Cripple Creek Retrievers [Re: #Hayraker] #5314007 09/18/14 07:33 PM
Jeff Elder Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
There is your Paul Harvey Barnnywho

North central TX duck and dove hunts
www.silvercreekguideservice.com

Cell 817-597-0781
Re: Cripple Creek Retrievers [Re: #Hayraker] #5314043 09/18/14 07:50 PM
#
#Hayraker Offline OP
Chihuahua