Page 1 of 2 1 2
TexasGunTrader #5240861 08/07/14 09:25 PM
T
TexasLandAgent Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
T
I'm wondering who's had success using this website? I'm in the market for a couple of firearms and have been trolling and contacting folks on there for months now. I've encountered nothing but squirrels, flakes, idjuts and juveniles on there. I don't get it. I'm sticking to THF and gun shows from now on.

Re: TexasGunTrader [Re: TexasLandAgent] #5240869 08/07/14 09:29 PM
V
Varget 7-08 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
V
I've sold lots on there. Just make sure to use that bill of sale.

Re: TexasGunTrader [Re: TexasLandAgent] #5241064 08/07/14 11:20 PM
P
Poke81 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
P
You ought to be on the selling side of it. There is a reason you have run into [censored] and the like! Its amazon some of the crap I swim through when I post something.

It does need a feedback system though because I have adopted the you come to me or bust policy dealing on that site. I will go to meet sellers but buyers come to my town. You would think that would be 100% foolproof but I cannot count how many sellers have not showed up.

Don't even get me started on the trade offer side of it. I have been offered a night with a guys wife for a gun I had once. Couldn't tell you how that one smelled as I turned it down.

Re: TexasGunTrader [Re: Varget 7-08] #5241119 08/07/14 11:50 PM
T
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
T
Originally Posted By: Varget 7-08

What's scary Varget is that's where I lose the majority of the sellers I've been dealing with...bills of sale and ID. They don't want to see mine and don't want to show me theirs. Makes me wonder what'n the hell their guns been doing or who's drawer it was stolen out of.

Re: TexasGunTrader [Re: Poke81] #5241126 08/07/14 11:55 PM
J
JCB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted By: Poke81

Don't even get me started on the trade offer side of it. I have been offered a night with a guys wife for a gun I had once. Couldn't tell you how that one smelled as I turned it down.

Did he at least send you a pic of her?

Re: TexasGunTrader [Re: TexasLandAgent] #5241138 08/08/14 12:04 AM
C
Cleric Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: TexasLandAgent

What's scary Varget is that's where I lose the majority of the sellers I've been dealing with...bills of sale and ID. They don't want to see mine and don't want to show me theirs. Makes me wonder what'n the hell their guns been doing or who's drawer it was stolen out of.

or they don't want their personnel information out there...

Last edited by Cleric; 08/08/14 12:04 AM.
Re: TexasGunTrader [Re: TexasLandAgent] #5241154 08/08/14 12:14 AM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I've tried to do three transactions on that site (two selling and one buying) and only finished one (buying). That one went just as planned, but you're right about a bunch of flakes. I think that's just online transactions in general.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: TexasGunTrader [Re: TexasLandAgent] #5241159 08/08/14 12:17 AM
MDMORROW Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
I've bought a couple off there. Pretty sketchy for the most part. It's pretty easy to figure out who's legit though.

[Linked Image]
Re: TexasGunTrader [Re: TexasLandAgent] #5241436 08/08/14 02:41 AM
C
Chuck McDonald Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
Will stick to face to face, THF, and my true weakness Gunbroker.com.

Re: TexasGunTrader [Re: TexasLandAgent] #5241765 08/08/14 05:02 AM
T
texdexters Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
I have used it lot's of time for all kinds of wheeling and dealing, just have to be smart and careful . I always ask for a drivers license , bill of sale and meet in well lit public parking lot. I have had some flaky and all out rude people , and you always get low balled . At least three times i sold guns on there at what i thought was a fair price , and within a couple hours was on here for any where from 100 to 300 more .

Re: TexasGunTrader [Re: MDMORROW] #5241839 08/08/14 05:56 AM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted By: MDMORROW
I've bought a couple off there. Pretty sketchy for the most part. It's pretty easy to figure out who's legit though.

Agree. There sure are some sketchy's out there that if you ask enough questions, they'll rear their ugly hear pretty quick

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by machinist
Man if I knew what Oxner knows I could throw away what I know
Re: TexasGunTrader [Re: TexasLandAgent] #5241840 08/08/14 05:58 AM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
I've had decent luck on Armslist too. Never stood up but low balled at the deal site once. I drove too far not to give in at that point. That hacked me off. Now I just won't make a deal to drive that far.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by machinist
Man if I knew what Oxner knows I could throw away what I know
Re: TexasGunTrader [Re: TexasLandAgent] #5242043 08/08/14 01:41 PM
R
Revoman Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
R
https://www.facebook.com/groups/wtstp/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/affordablewesttexasguns/

Check out these two places on Facebook, I've picked up some great deals on hard to find guns

GunBroker and GunsAmerica are still my two main buying areas.

Call'm an Kill'm
Re: TexasGunTrader [Re: Revoman] #5242086 08/08/14 02:06 PM
T
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
T
I've bought guns off GunsAmerica. I'm trying to avoid FFL transfer fees and shipping charges. That eat's into a budget. Definitely some good inventory and reputable sellers on there though.

Re: TexasGunTrader [Re: Revoman] #5242159 08/08/14 02:44 PM
C
colt45-90 Offline
Texas colt45
Texas colt45
C
Originally Posted By: Revoman
https://www.facebook.com/groups/wtstp/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/affordablewesttexasguns/

Check out these two places on Facebook, I've picked up some great deals on hard to find guns

GunBroker and GunsAmerica are still my two main buying areas.
the deal on face book is a bunch of horse chit, talks about over priced ect, who the frig does this guy think he is "god" will delete any over price posts. over priced guns don't sell. that's the long & short of it. Cabelas gun library guns are way over price and that's what this guy wants to use as guide line.

hold on Newt, we got a runaway
Re: TexasGunTrader [Re: Cleric] #5242262 08/08/14 03:48 PM
T
TFF Caribou Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: Cleric

This. The law does not require a bill of sale. And neither do I. We don't have a national gun registry, so it would be very difficult for you to some how get in trouble for a gun used in a crime. Not gunna say it's impossible, but it's not likely. Would you require a bill of sale to buy a kitchen knife or a hammer from somebody on craigslist? They just as easily could have been stole. Or used in a crime. A bill of sale is not a legal document, and provides very little protection. All it does is risk getting your personal information out there.

The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference. -George Washington
Re: TexasGunTrader [Re: TexasLandAgent] #5243615 08/09/14 12:03 PM
T
txpitdog Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
It's the craigslist of guns. No accountability and no real way to track the weasels. I've done some really good deals on TGT but I always take it with a grain of salt until the cash or the gun is in my hands

Re: TexasGunTrader [Re: TexasLandAgent] #5243892 08/09/14 05:20 PM
A
artrios60 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A
I must be on the side of luck. I have had several items sold thru there and no problems. I am clear on my ad to what they receive and request they email me before I start a conversation.
But, still nothing beats selling items with THF if there is a buyer for it

Re: TexasGunTrader [Re: TFF Caribou] #5244057 08/09/14 07:50 PM
T
tth_40 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: Tff caribou

This. The law does not require a bill of sale. And neither do I. We don't have a national gun registry, so it would be very difficult for you to some how get in trouble for a gun used in a crime. Not gunna say it's impossible, but it's not likely. Would you require a bill of sale to buy a kitchen knife or a hammer from somebody on craigslist? They just as easily could have been stole. Or used in a crime. A bill of sale is not a legal document, and provides very little protection. All it does is risk getting your personal information out there.
This exactly.

I will not provide someone a copy of my ID nor will I give them any personal information when it is not required by law. Period. I will not require others to provide me with copies of their ID or personal information if it is not required by law either. My gut is my guide and if it tells me the situation is sketchy, I walk.

I've walked away from several transactions that suddenly "required" ID when they didn't specify they wanted it beforehand. Now I ask before anyone agrees to anything before a face to face. Otherwise I won't waste my time.

I've not had one bad deal on this forum. I can't say that about other places I've arranged deals through.

Originally Posted By: theserxtremedays
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
Re: TexasGunTrader [Re: TexasLandAgent] #5244877 08/10/14 07:30 AM
B
booradley Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
I've had good luck selling firearms on Texas Gun Trader until just the past week. I always list my guns on this site and TGT. There do seem to be a lot of people wanting to trade even if "no trades" is stated in the ad. I've never had a buyer not show up. I have a Sig P232 for sale though and a guy from Houston was supposed to drive up Monday, then Wednesday and then Saturday to purchase the Sig. Something has happened every time. He saw my ad on TGT, not the ad I have here.

Don’t roll those bloodshot eyes at me.
Re: TexasGunTrader [Re: TexasLandAgent] #5248598 08/12/14 11:21 AM
B
booradley Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
I've never been able to find the Bill of Sale form on TGT. Can someone tell me where it is? I sent this question to their admin three days ago and never received a response.

Don’t roll those bloodshot eyes at me.
Re: TexasGunTrader [Re: TexasLandAgent] #5248605 08/12/14 11:27 AM
J
jbd76266 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
J
Sent you a PM with the link..

Last edited by jbd76266; 08/12/14 11:28 AM.
Re: TexasGunTrader [Re: TexasLandAgent] #5248618 08/12/14 11:46 AM
S
Simple Searcher Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
I've bought guns off GunsAmerica. I'm trying to avoid FFL transfer fees and shipping charges. That eat's into a budget. Definitely some good inventory and reputable sellers on there though.

I've had good luck with GunsAmerica and my weakness GunTrader.
I have always found a better deals than the local shops, and the transfer and shipping were minimal compared to the savings, sometimes.

Example: on my Remington 700 300blk
Local shop was 799 + 65.92tax = $864.92
GunBroker was 585 + 25 transfer and 25 shipping = $635
I saved $229.92 after all of the expenses.
I'll give the local guys a little bit, but not over $200 (I did give them the $25 transfer)

I've done a few good deals on TGT, but there is a lot of crap to weed through.
I guess like anything else, a little time shopping can pay off.

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Re: TexasGunTrader [Re: TexasLandAgent] #5249820 08/12/14 11:18 PM
T
target1911 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
I have had great luck both buying and selling. On thing I always put in my add "buy purchasing you acknowledge you are legal to buy and own firearms in the state of Texas" I do not require b.o.s but I like to glance at the valid and will ask if you are legal to own. I broke and signed a b.o.s once and I still feel icky about my info out there. I am not required by law so I wont do it again but I will show my id for you to GLANCE at.

I always try to meet at a walmart or QT if there is one near by as the have lots of cameras.

My add is very clear and if I am selling you are coming to me

People will always try to low ball you. I have had some insulting low ball offers on here as well. I usually price to come down some but I also research the fair price of what I am selling.
Armslist is another site I use a lot.

"A good life is never too short"
My Dad
Re: TexasGunTrader [Re: tth_40] #5249840 08/12/14 11:32 PM
Steve
Steve
Originally Posted By: tth_40
Originally Posted By: Tff caribou

This exactly.

I will not provide someone a copy of my ID nor will I give them any personal information when it is not required by law. Period. I will not require others to provide me with copies of their ID or personal information if it is not required by law either. My gut is my guide and if it tells me the situation is sketchy, I walk.

I've walked away from several transactions that suddenly "required" ID when they didn't specify they wanted it beforehand. Now I ask before anyone agrees to anything before a face to face. Otherwise I won't waste my time.

I've not had one bad deal on this forum. I can't say that about other places I've arranged deals through.

When you agree to meet someplace to sell your handgun and it's a pimply kid that looks no older than 18, you're not going to check to see if he's 21? Are you going to make the sale? Or just leave? Or ask to see his ID?

Chupa

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide