Forums46
Topics538,202
Posts9,734,257
Members87,075
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15
Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope [Re: HuntTXhogs] #5055418 04/05/14 01:04 PM
dfwroadkill Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
I don't know if I fully get the question. The ones that are HD do not have SD generally. The mini DVR industry seems to be one or the other, with SD slowly going away. Which makes sense. If I were these NV companies I would do one of two things. I would offer the new scopes in HD with an HDMI output for recording (no games, meaning no sensing in order to sell a proprietary recorder) or I would have the scope record in HD to memory (No SD) and have a built in mic. Give me a red button on top to depress and record. Keep it simple. No wi-fi, because it doesn't work right for hunting. No GPS or other techie whistles and bells. That's just me.

ATN and Armasight seem to be migrating to this stupid 8 pin plug. The only thing I can get from that is that this has to be coming from the same engineer. No one in their right mind would use that thing. I don't think you will see it on the X-Sight, but it just came out on the Thors (and mounted wrong) and it was already on the Zues and Drone Pro (also mounted wrong).

I think the price of the HD units could come in under 200 bucks, but that will be up to the dealers. Margins can get tight, particularly with low volume.

The MDVR that Bearclaw has is the best I have seen yet for the current scopes. If you are planning on an X-Sight I wouldn't do anything until we know what they have finally settled on. I would be surprised if it has actually gone into production at this point.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope [Re: Double Naught Spy] #5056349 04/06/14 04:02 AM
S
sapper21c Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
S
Jun/July 2014 is what they told me as best case, I.e. No 1st gen bugs to work out.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope [Re: HuntTXhogs] #5059180 04/07/14 10:13 PM
M
Mulepadre Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
M
For DIYs like me check out this guys videos.
https://www.youtube.com/user/RolaidsBench/videos

I built mine based on his NV1.0 video.
It projects the light with a powerful small infrared flashlight, which picks up the image through a small sony video camera the size of a cigar lighter set right at the scope eyepiece and then projects to a small 5" video screen all w/ 12volts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wnNFR99xGI

I had a lot of fun with this. The advantage is you are using your existing scope to get the image so you don't have to pay for the fancy optics on one piece NV scopes. I could see hogs at over 8x power out past 250yds in pitch black. Minimal cost will be less than $350. Of course I started with a Nikon Monarch 50mm, which is a big help in sensitivity.

Last edited by Mulepadre; 04/07/14 10:17 PM.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope [Re: Mulepadre] #5059233 04/07/14 10:55 PM
HuntTXhogs Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: Mulepadre
For DIYs like me check out this guys videos.
https://www.youtube.com/user/RolaidsBench/videos

I built mine based on his NV1.0 video.
It projects the light with a powerful small infrared flashlight, which picks up the image through a small sony video camera the size of a cigar lighter set right at the scope eyepiece and then projects to a small 5" video screen all w/ 12volts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wnNFR99xGI

I had a lot of fun with this. The advantage is you are using your existing scope to get the image so you don't have to pay for the fancy optics on one piece NV scopes. I could see hogs at over 8x power out past 250yds in pitch black. Minimal cost will be less than $350. Of course I started with a Nikon Monarch 50mm, which is a big help in sensitivity.

Thanks! This has absolutely nothing to do with the ATN X-Sight trout

There are some DIY threads in either the Optics or Hog Hunting forums, you can start a separate thread for that as I do appreciate the DIY scene.

If you start your own thread I would ask a question like this about the Rolaids Bench setup

There are 6 hours worth of videos on his channel but I don't find a single one that demonstrates use on 223 or higher weapons.

Can you enlighten me on how you mount a rig such as the one in your post and how does it handle repeated abuse in the field.

Thanks

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope [Re: HuntTXhogs] #5059485 04/08/14 01:31 AM
M
Mulepadre Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
M
You're right. Sorry.
I jumped in out of place. misread thinking someone was interested in DIY
I had my setup on a .243 with a bipod. Soft recoil

Last edited by Mulepadre; 04/08/14 01:34 AM.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope [Re: HuntTXhogs] #5059668 04/08/14 02:56 AM
HuntTXhogs Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
The off the shelf scopes do not compare to what the DIY projects are using in terms of sensitivity and range, the consumer pays for the convenience of a product that is housed and mates to weapons in a somewhat streamlined design.

As I said I have respect for the DIY scene and would like to see your posts outside of the X-sight one

up

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope [Re: HuntTXhogs] #5060193 04/08/14 03:55 PM
M
Mulepadre Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
M
Yes, I will post this somewhere else and maybe can offer some tips to anyone interested...

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope [Re: sapper21c] #5125980 05/24/14 07:19 PM
HuntTXhogs Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: sapper21c
Jun/July 2014 is what they told me as best case, I.e. No 1st gen bugs to work out.

Here is a post I read on another forum, by an ATN representative

Sir,
We appreciate your enthusiasm for the X-sight and we are just as excited about it as you are.
We know the anticipation for this unit and technology is very high. Due to this we are making sure that we are taking our time and running all facets of the unit through strenuous QA and testing. Our engineers are working diligently to providing the best quality and user experience that we can.
This is also why we have not released any video recorded through the system yet. We are still updating and expanding the user interface. Any video now would not represent the finalized product. We most likely will not release any video until final production and firmware are complete.
We appreciate your business and respectfully request that you be a little more patient with us as we bring this exciting new technology to market.
Thank you,
ATN

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope [Re: HuntTXhogs] #5126032 05/24/14 08:15 PM
dfwroadkill Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
We were told last night at the night vision gtg that the 5 - 18X is coming mid-June and the 3 - 12X is coming mid-July. This was OK'd for circulation by an ATN rep. Lets see how it works out... Meeting dates has not been a hallmark so far...

BTW, the gtg was awesome. Several company reps and dealers with lots of product to handle. FLIR, Armasight, ATN, Pulsar, etc...

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope [Re: HuntTXhogs] #5143738 06/05/14 01:01 PM
B
bbassi Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
B
Originally Posted By: HuntTXhogs
Originally Posted By: sapper21c

Here is a post I read on another forum, by an ATN representative

Sir,
We appreciate your enthusiasm for the X-sight and we are just as excited about it as you are.
We know the anticipation for this unit and technology is very high. Due to this we are making sure that we are taking our time and running all facets of the unit through strenuous QA and testing. Our engineers are working diligently to providing the best quality and user experience that we can.
This is also why we have not released any video recorded through the system yet. We are still updating and expanding the user interface. Any video now would not represent the finalized product. We most likely will not release any video until final production and firmware are complete.
We appreciate your business and respectfully request that you be a little more patient with us as we bring this exciting new technology to market.
Thank you,
ATN

That's a salesman stall if I ever heard one. I've been waiting on these for quite a while now too but I may just have to go to the N750 if these aren't widely released by September.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope [Re: HuntTXhogs] #5143781 06/05/14 01:16 PM
Double Naught Spy Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Salesman stall? You think it is limited to the salesmen? LOL. hammer

I'm waiting on one as well.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope [Re: HuntTXhogs] #5143832 06/05/14 01:52 PM
dfwroadkill Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
I honestly don't think anyone there has a clue when the first ship date will be. They will go when they are in the box and the truck has left the building.

bang walking

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope [Re: HuntTXhogs] #5152759 06/11/14 07:34 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Well, they should be shipping in just a few days if ATN's Sachal was true to his word. He was confident that mid just would be the ship date for the 5x X-sights. Let's see what will happen...

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope [Re: HuntTXhogs] #5155029 06/13/14 03:38 AM
M
MathMan Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
I might finally be able to afford a good night vision!!! Just learned about this today.

Added it to my watched topics. Hope it actually is good like they say.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope [Re: HuntTXhogs] #5155309 06/13/14 01:59 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Quote:
Hope it actually is good like they say.

I am not even sure they exist.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope [Re: HuntTXhogs] #5161845 06/18/14 03:33 PM
T
ttubudd Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
August/September time frame now per ATN. I did an online chat with them to ask and that is the answer i got

Wreck em!
Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope [Re: HuntTXhogs] #5162447 06/18/14 09:45 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Really, I emailed with Sachal Baig,an ATN rep and he says they have 200 units inbound and will ship very soon.

Does that means it will happen? I don't know, but that is what he said.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope [Re: HuntTXhogs] #5168903 06/23/14 01:31 PM
T
ttubudd Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
I hope you're right! That's just what I was told on their online chat thing

Wreck em!
Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope [Re: HuntTXhogs] #5169578 06/23/14 08:24 PM
dfwroadkill Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
It must be real because it is in the new Cabela's catalog... roflmao

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope [Re: HuntTXhogs] #5178784 06/29/14 01:10 PM
D
DavidK Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
Last I was told was 5x would ship late July, 3x end of August

Last edited by DavidK; 06/29/14 01:11 PM.

Wilson Combat Pro Staff
Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope [Re: HuntTXhogs] #5180316 06/30/14 02:25 PM
HuntTXhogs Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
With all the recent rain, I thought it might produce the right circumstances for a spotting of the X-sight.

popcorn

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope [Re: HuntTXhogs] #5180346 06/30/14 02:46 PM
dfwroadkill Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
clap cheers clap

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope [Re: HuntTXhogs] #5180391 06/30/14 03:16 PM
K
Kipling Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
K
I found an answers to the questions that author asked. Maybe some of u would find it interesting

Q) What is the video out resolution? ATN states 1080p at 30 FPS and 720p at 60 FPS
A) 1080p, 30FPS.

Q) Do the crosshairs (reticle) record on the video output file?
A) Yes

Q) Do the crosshairs shift to the POA (zeroed x/y axis) in digital zoom mode?
A) Will be implemented in the final firmware release.

Q) Does the scope record sound?
A) Yes. And it can't be disabled anyway. Menu position "Disable microphone" does nothing wink

Q) Is the CMOS camera sensitive enough to render an image without IR in low light situations at a decent frame rate?
A) Yes. I think it's about 25fps without external illumination.

Q) Recoil rating? Especially with the Industry's first onboard SD card slot... eek2
A) .308win / .338LM should be fine.

Q) Can an optical doubler be fitted to the front lens and still provide a clear image in digital zoom modes?
A) No. DSP always perform processing video and there are no "uncompressed RAW" stream.

Q) Are the wireless / GPS features going to make it into the retail version?
A) Yes.

Q) ATN's website shows wifi is for updating the scope not video output recording...
A) Yep. WIFI used to update firmware only. You can grab realtime video from Mini-HDMI under right side cover.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope [Re: HuntTXhogs] #5180482 06/30/14 04:01 PM
M
MathMan Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
Sounds pretty amazing!!! And the price is perfect!!! Hope it lives up to the hype.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope [Re: Kipling] #5180938 06/30/14 09:33 PM
HuntTXhogs Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
Thank you for answering these questions, I have added follow up questions or statements referenced in RED.

Originally Posted By: Kipling
I found an answers to the questions that author asked. Maybe some of u would find it interesting

Q) What is the video out resolution? ATN states 1080p at 30 FPS and 720p at 60 FPS
A) 1080p, 30FPS. So the 1080p, 30 FPS will be coming out of the HDMI port - what DVR is available to purchase now that can handle the full resolution video stream for recording optimal video? External DVRs won't be necessary since onboard audio is available but is the onboard video recorder capable of full HD video capture? If so that'd be an Industry first and unbelievable feature considering the price point.

Q) Do the crosshairs (reticle) record on the video output file?
A) Yes Do we have any information on what crosshairs will be available?

Q) Do the crosshairs shift to the POA (zeroed x/y axis) in digital zoom mode?
A) Will be implemented in the final firmware release. Hopefully before the 1st unit hits the dealer/distributors and not afterwards rendering shooting in zoom modes useless.

Q) Does the scope record sound?
A) Yes. And it can't be disabled anyway. Menu position "Disable microphone" does nothing wink If I read you clearly you cannot disable the audio, which is going to mess some people up who are using external DVRs. Im sure they can fix this in firmware to go along with a menu option titled disable microphone.

Q) Is the CMOS camera sensitive enough to render an image without IR in low light situations at a decent frame rate?
A) Yes. I think it's about 25fps without external illumination. This would be tremendous if no DSP is needed for gain enhancement and the systems sensor is capable of doing that frame rate with no illumination.

Q) Recoil rating? Especially with the Industry's first onboard SD card slot... eek2
A) .308win / .338LM should be fine. Is it mounted vertically or horizontally and how will moisture prevention and spring pressure be implemented to ensure years of use (recoil and environment) doesn't wear out the positive connection.

Q) Can an optical doubler be fitted to the front lens and still provide a clear image in digital zoom modes?
A) No. DSP always perform processing video and there are no "uncompressed RAW" stream. Won't need a doubler if DSP doesn't pixelate

Q) Are the wireless / GPS features going to make it into the retail version?
A) Yes.

Q) ATN's website shows wifi is for updating the scope not video output recording...
A) Yep. WIFI used to update firmware only. You can grab realtime video from Mini-HDMI under right side cover.

ALL THE ABOVE is certainly subject to change and until we see it released for sale - - - it is purely THEORETICAL

Last edited by HuntTXhogs; 06/30/14 09:34 PM.
Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide