Texas Hunting Forum

My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope

Posted By: HuntTXhogs

My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 01/16/14 03:46 AM

...In a galaxy far far away...

Source of original info: http://www.theoutdoorwire.com/story/1389347303cnt7z6u31cq

Manufactuer website page: http://www.atncorp.com/x-sight-night-vision-rifle-scope-3-12x

Photos of the scope from SHOT show 2014, not my photos:

Initial Specs are as follows:

Generation --- Smart HD Optics - Digital CMOS technology
Magnification 2 models - A 3x with up to 12x digital zoom or a 5x with up to 18x digital zoom
Lens size --- 67 mm
Built-in IR detachable
Sensor --- HD 1080p ATN L130 Sensor
Display --- 800 x 600 pixels
Diopter adjustment ±5
Close-up range focus --- 5 m
Dimensions 10.3 x 3.5 x 3.2” / 262 x 88 x 82 mm
Weight 2.7 lb/ 1.22 kg
Warranty - 2 years

So to summarize:

A fixed magnification optic with digital zoom features that can see in the dark, record video, and take advantage of IR light (invisible to naked eye) for under $ 700.00.

Word from SHOT is the sensor is HD 1080p. Compatible with 4 to 32Gb SD card and uses 4 AA batteries.

Post any info you guys find on this until we actually start to see them in the supply chain. No word on when they will be released....

Things that I'd like to verify that the retail scope will offer is:

What is the video out resolution? ATN states 1080p at 30 FPS and 720p at 60 FPS
Do the crosshairs (reticle) record on the video output file?
Do the crosshairs shift to the POA (zeroed x/y axis) in digital zoom mode?
Does the scope record sound?
Is the CMOS camera sensitive enough to render an image without IR in low light situations at a decent frame rate?
Recoil rating? Especially with the Industry's first onboard SD card slot... eek2
Can an optical doubler be fitted to the front lens and still provide a clear image in digital zoom modes?
Are the wireless / GPS features going to make it into the retail version? ATN's website shows wifi is for updating the scope not video output recording...

Thx,

BB
Posted By: Hard_ware

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 01/16/14 03:56 AM

Tried to order one that dealer showed instock, but never got a call back to confirm they did have them.
Price out the door was 529.00 with shipping in the cart. MSRP is 600.00.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 01/16/14 04:25 AM

Originally Posted By: Hard_ware
Tried to order one that dealer showed instock, but never got a call back to confirm they did have them.
Price out the door was 529.00 with shipping in the cart. MSRP is 600.00.

Was that 529.00 OTD for the 3x or 5x model?

Also, what do you make of the "Generation" or camera name, have you ever heard of such a thing as HD optics... I am not aware of aa standalone HD CCTV camera that is 1080p for less than 500 bucks. Then again I am not a DIY guy so maybe there is such an animal for 2-300 bucks but daggum 529 for a weapon optic....

Am I dreaming???

Thanks,

BB
Posted By: crapicat

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 01/16/14 11:19 AM

What is the difference between this unit and the Photon 3.5X....

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 01/16/14 02:27 PM

BB 3-12x unit

Difference between HD cameras and Video cameras is the digital output. Almost all DVR's with built in cameras have the digital output type cameras that's why no video input. Several on you tube in car dvr setups with night mode so seeing what they are possible of is a simple youtube search. So technology is there, its up to ATN to have put it together to do the task properly. 12x zoom with possibly no loss in resolution due to the 1920x1080 camera will be impressive if all works like the specs state. But until some of us get hands on no telling, remember its ATN (They take GEN 1 to a new level just look at the photos on the box roflmao) Need to see some thru the device photos and video output. As of now I have no clue if its all BS, but outside looks nice laugh

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 01/16/14 02:48 PM

Originally Posted By: crapicat
What is the difference between this unit and the Photon 3.5X....

I see that you asked the same question in each thread so here is the one response that'll paste into the other....

The Photon and X-sight, on the surface, appear to be totally different designs.

Photon is a mechical engineered scope body slapped behind a digital front attachment (camera) whereas the ATN is reported to be full digital meaning digital crosshairs and no "mechanical" windage and elevation adjustments.

The ATN's specs are twice that of the Photon BUT the Photon exists and is available at this time while the X-sight is yet to be produced and field tested by a broad user base.

Other than these two points, until an X-sight is in hand and run through the paces I can't give you anymore technical differences.

Like a wise man once said, "It is up to ATN to make it work right". cheers

BB

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 01/17/14 03:15 AM

More photos from a friend who attended the SHOT show.

BB
Posted By: Jigo23

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 01/17/14 11:57 PM

Hopefully not too good to be true...very interesting. As an L-3 employee I get a discount and HOPEFULLY a bump higher up the waiting list :-). Will be calling ATN Monday! Saw an estimate of March-April rollout but not holding my breath.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 01/18/14 12:06 AM

Jigo23 -

You can't come in here and flaunt your discount in front of us and not share whip

So how about setting us up with a GROUP BUY with your discount banana

When you talk to ATN on Monday ask if they intend to design the wifi to be an avenue for recording video to a smart device.

Thanks and remember Group Buy cheers

BB
Posted By: dfwroadkill

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 01/18/14 12:13 AM

As I understand it at this point, the wi-fi is not meant to go to a smart device. It is meant to connect and download later. I do not believe anything in this area has been set in stone. It is a works in progress.

The idea of wi-fi to a smart device is romantic, but there are some practicality issues as concerns hunting applications.
Posted By: Jigo23

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 01/18/14 12:35 AM

LOL! Sorry BB that was pretty cold-hearted :-) You brought up some good questions I was wondering about too and I will ask them for sure! Good idea about the group buy, will definitely ask about that too.
My big question is what calibers it can handle. Thinking it won't like my new Sig 716 much.
I swear, started researching NV options for hog/varmint hunting a month ago and am more befuddled than when I started lol.
Posted By: cabosandinh

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 01/18/14 12:47 AM

the X Sight will be available around Feb/March shipping to dealers

they have a range limit of around 75-100 yds
it is light, color images day, black and white night
should be an affordable option for most hog hunters, night owls

I was at SHOT, held it , looked through and liked them

PM me if you're interested in reserving some

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 01/18/14 12:59 AM

Originally Posted By: cabosandinh
the X Sight will be available around Feb/March shipping to dealers

it is light, color images day, black and white night
should be an affordable option for most hog hunters, night owls

I was at SHOT, held it , looked through and liked them

PM me if you're interested in reserving some

I didn't think ATN had a working X-sight at SHOT...

Why do you say the range will be limited to 100 yards? The 5-18x seems like a good spec for 200+ yard work.

Confused - but that isn't surprising as this thread is meant to share information to lessen confusion.

Thx,

BB

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 01/18/14 04:23 AM

That was info from ATN rep

Past 75-100 it won't be as clear

They had one mounted on an AR , that was out of battery

There was another one that I looked through

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 01/18/14 02:23 PM

With the lens pictured and 1920x1080 camera specs that does not add up.

The IR light source may be good to 75-100yds at night.

With enough added IR light what you see during the day is possible at night except color laugh .

So if you could see 1/2 mile during the day clear then it's possible at night
with enough IR light.

Hopefully one will be availible to field test from ATN.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 01/18/14 02:41 PM

That was info from ATN rep

Past 75-100 it won't be as clear

I will piss myself, in public rolleyes , if ATN puts out a product that doesn't see clearly past 100 yards. I believe there is a design called a focus ring that assists with this function.

That statement coming from ATN makes zero sense. Lets hope the person was very busy therefore very wrong.

BB

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 01/18/14 03:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Hard_ware

The IR light source may be good to 75-100yds at night.

IR is the reason for limited range at night

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 01/18/14 05:24 PM

IR is the reason for limited range at night

Huh?
Posted By: FroggerZack

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 01/18/14 06:06 PM

Pass I would take a wait and see approach to this product. Sometimes if it seems to good to be true.....
Posted By: Bearclaw

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 01/20/14 02:26 PM

The X-Sight most definitely will not be limited to 75-100 yards with an IR. Maybe they were talking about without an IR.

I was able to spend some time and look through the unit and play with the menu. The 1080p res is impressive and unlike other digital scopes the digital zoom does not pixelate the image up to about 6X digital. That should mean virtually NO pixilation up to 18x on the 5X unit. So, you probably won't need a doubler lens. You will however need a stout IR. It has a color mode for daytime, and a choice of black and white or green scale for night use. It also has wifi, gps, google maps integration for geo tagging, and an iphone/android app. Like BB said there is an on boards SD slot and a micro and mini USB port. The USB port is supposed to be able to let you upgrade your software. The reticle adjusts POI for digital zoom and there will be multiple reticle/ballistic settings. If all of these features come to fruition, the scope will be a homerun. It's my understanding that everything is functional and they are fine tuning the system. ETA is mid March, but if the demand is anywhere close to what I think it will be you might end up waiting much longer without a pre-order.
Posted By: Bcf4life

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 01/31/14 03:02 AM

Howdy guys, I'm new to the forum, but definitely read it quite a bit. I couldn't contain myself given how great this scope seems, so I took the plunge and pre-ordered the 5-18 version. For the price it'd have to be a pretty big failure for me to be real disappointed, but we shall see. I've gone so far as to email ATN hoping for vids or pics from the scope. I'm not sure why something so simple, that I'm SURE would be around by now due to testing, would be so hard to produce or post. Either way, I assure you all I will gladly record and post with it the day after I receive the scope. While I'm sure by then there will be tons of info/pics/vids out there, I've always preferred to get what I can from someone that's not the same person that's trying to sell it to me.

I was informed when I placed my order that the current release date is the first week in April. He said it could still change forward or back (I've never pre-ordered a scope before so I don't know what to expect here). I will post updates as I come across them though, as most of you guys seem as interested as I am to see what this scope is truly capable of out of the box.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 01/31/14 01:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Bcf4life
Howdy guys, I'm new to the forum, but definitely read it quite a bit. I couldn't contain myself given how great this scope seems, so I took the plunge and pre-ordered the 5-18 version. For the price it'd have to be a pretty big failure for me to be real disappointed, but we shall see. I've gone so far as to email ATN hoping for vids or pics from the scope. I'm not sure why something so simple, that I'm SURE would be around by now due to testing, would be so hard to produce or post. Either way, I assure you all I will gladly record and post with it the day after I receive the scope. While I'm sure by then there will be tons of info/pics/vids out there, I've always preferred to get what I can from someone that's not the same person that's trying to sell it to me.

I was informed when I placed my order that the current release date is the first week in April. He said it could still change forward or back (I've never pre-ordered a scope before so I don't know what to expect here). I will post updates as I come across them though, as most of you guys seem as interested as I am to see what this scope is truly capable of out of the box.

welcome

Where are you from (state/county) and what have you been using for night hunting before now?

HTXH
Posted By: Ru-hunter

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 02/12/14 12:52 PM

Have a nice day.
I find some information about this scope, but i can't find info about lenght of wave that this scope can see.
Can it see invisible light (more that 900nm of lenght) or not?

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 02/12/14 09:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Ru-hunter
Have a nice day.
I find some information about this scope, but i can't find info about lenght of wave that this scope can see.
Can it see invisible light (more that 900nm of lenght) or not?

I'm sure you will be able to use a 940 with it, but these sensors work better with an 850. Yes, the 940 is much more stealthy, but it also reduces the distance you can see. For the most part, animals are fine with the 850...

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 02/13/14 10:49 AM

I think 915nm will be optimal for this scope.
I use 850nm with my 1PN58 scope, but it is visible and i'm not satisfied with it because hogs can see backlight.
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 02/13/14 12:48 PM

I am not sure what you mean by optimal. As dfwroadkill noted, when you increase the nm, you decrease the effective range of the light for the NV device. You also lose brightness.

So you are hunting at short range, then?

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 02/13/14 03:56 PM

Yes, i'm understand that by increase lenght of wave i decrease range of light.

Peoples who use Pulsar Digisight 750 say that with Pulsar 915nm flashlight (250 mw)
http://www.pulsar-nv.com/products/acces-infrared-flashlights/pulsar-l-915/
they can see hogs up to 200 yards.

I think it enough to shot. Distance over 200 yards does not guarantee an accurate shot i mean smile

At the night with 1PN58 and Saiga i'm not shot longer than 70-80 yards because Saiga not a sniper rifle and 7.62x39 i mean not best ammo to shot longer smile

ATN i plane to use with my Remington in .308 caliber.
Posted By: BenBob

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 02/13/14 05:07 PM

Nice.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 02/13/14 06:09 PM

The digital will handle the higher wavelength a little better then gen3, I like the 904nm as it provides good Illumination vs not very visible. But whatever illuminator you can get a good price on that works with your scope is best for you. The digital I have uses 940nm IR. With a better IR light 500yds not a problem, I just don't like the 5x lens very narrow FOV for scanning.
Posted By: Revoman

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 02/14/14 01:16 PM

Bearclaw, you going to post up when you start getting these in? Pretty neat looking unit

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 03/11/14 01:55 AM

Still waiting...

There has been no new videos or articles that I can find, I'm starting to think June/July???

MODS - want to move this to optics? Thx
Posted By: Dragonuv

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 03/11/14 05:48 PM

I preordered mine also, about 1.5-2 months ago. Back then the eta was mid-March, but noticed on the website earlier today that it is now April. I'm not sure if that includes the preorders, or if that is the date they anticipate to have enough stock for the shelves after preorders have been met.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 03/12/14 06:03 AM

Originally Posted By: Dragonuv
I preordered mine also, about 1.5-2 months ago. Back then the eta was mid-March, but noticed on the website earlier today that it is now April. I'm not sure if that includes the preorders, or if that is the date they anticipate to have enough stock for the shelves after preorders have been met.

The dealers are at the mercy of the manufacturer. The manufacturer said they would be available in March at Shot Show. It is a standard case of marketing hype getting ahead of engineering and production. The dealers can only go by what the manufactuer tells them. Sometimes it is a good thing to hold off delivery and get it right. Lets hope that is the case, because the alternative stinks. bolt
Posted By: artrios60

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 03/13/14 02:59 AM

Still waiting for a review on this scope
bounce
Posted By: hermano W

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 03/14/14 01:37 PM

I too would like to see a review and also info about what caliber recoil it is capable of withstanding...

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 03/14/14 01:52 PM

The standard for ATN gear seems to be .308. So I would assume that it would handle at least up to .308.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 03/31/14 08:00 AM

It's true in stock?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ATN-X-Sight-Digi...i-/231136959603

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 03/31/14 12:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Ru-hunter

The Ebay advertisement says the units have an ETA of 60 days, so no it is not in stock and that 60 days could turn into 90 or 120 days.

Still waiting to see this scope.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 03/31/14 06:06 PM

Think of the X in the name as referring to still being theoretical or experimental, LOL.

I have Google Alerts set for notification of anything new on these and NOTHING has popped up about them.
Posted By: TX-Bear

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 04/01/14 10:22 PM

several of the sights say expected ship date is April 15---- I am crossing my fingers they are actually available.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 04/02/14 02:54 AM

Question -

I haven't handled an X-sight myself, for those who have or dealers who have connections to find out.

Will the onboard micro-SD capture the video and sound at the same resolution indicated on the specifications page for the X-sight?

The line says "video output" which could possibly be captured from the micro-HDMI port.

I am thinking that those who want sound recorded might have to use the external video output along with a DVR's internal microphone.

So have we determined what DVR we are going to use to record 1080p @ 30 frames per second? or 720p @ 60 FPS?

That is some serious resolution and I don't know of any HD-PVR (personal video recorders) for less than $ 100.00 that capture that level of resolution. Realistically I would be willing to pay 200.00 for a DVR that does HD, but certainly I am not going any higher - heck at 200.00 that is 40% of the cost of the scope alone.

The real beauty should be the video images captured from the X-sight if the specifications are inline with real world performance, DVRs with internal sound are becoming more available however the current crop are resolution limited...

HTXH
Posted By: sapper21c

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 04/02/14 03:26 PM

I called ATN the other day and they're looking at JUN/JUL, hence why I bought your photon BB.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 04/02/14 03:31 PM

Sapper -

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the information, I believe you will find a great many people who have value added input with regards to digital scopes on these boards and we look forward to your feedback and thoughts, both good and bad.

I have another thread dedicated to the Photon, I'll PM you the link.
Posted By: TX-Bear

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 04/02/14 05:55 PM

Really! Jun/July that puts a damper on things-- maybe i should cancel my order and get the photon.
Shucks!

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 04/04/14 12:34 AM

Quote:
I called ATN the other day and they're looking at JUN/JUL,

2014??

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 04/04/14 01:45 PM

HTXH - To my knowledge, no one, dealer or not, has handled a finished product....because they do not exist. The specs that were widely published may or may not reside in the final offering. Contemplation about possible recording devices is pure speculation until or if there is a real product. In my opinion, the chosen marketing path for this product has been very poor. It does not paint the manufacturer in a good light with the consumer.

To the fellow considering dropping his X-Sight order for a Photon. They are in extremely short supply and it is said that it will remain that way. You will most likely need to order and get on a list or otherwise wait. There will be some availability within the coming weeks as the April shipment should be coming in. If this is your decision, I'd get an order placed now. Might try Bearclaw here on the forum.

bolt

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 04/04/14 04:34 PM

... Well someday, somebody is going to come out with an HD capable scope, may as well start looking now for a recorder solution.
Posted By: Theblakester

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 04/04/14 08:16 PM

If anyone goes to the hog expo in Waco coming up, and they actually have one of these to look through and play with, please keep us posted on the results

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 04/04/14 09:05 PM

HTXH - Finding an HD recording solution is actually easier than finding a good standard defintion recorder these days. They are all over the place.

Theblakester - I'm sorry to tell you bud, but there will not be one in Waco. Take it to the bank and double down....or heck, wanna bet? grin cheers

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 04/05/14 01:22 AM

D -

Are the HD recording units under 200 bucks? With sound?

If I were looking to get a DVR I'd be looking ahead to getting one that does HD with sound, otherwise you may well be buying twice in 2 years.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 04/05/14 01:04 PM

I don't know if I fully get the question. The ones that are HD do not have SD generally. The mini DVR industry seems to be one or the other, with SD slowly going away. Which makes sense. If I were these NV companies I would do one of two things. I would offer the new scopes in HD with an HDMI output for recording (no games, meaning no sensing in order to sell a proprietary recorder) or I would have the scope record in HD to memory (No SD) and have a built in mic. Give me a red button on top to depress and record. Keep it simple. No wi-fi, because it doesn't work right for hunting. No GPS or other techie whistles and bells. That's just me.

ATN and Armasight seem to be migrating to this stupid 8 pin plug. The only thing I can get from that is that this has to be coming from the same engineer. No one in their right mind would use that thing. I don't think you will see it on the X-Sight, but it just came out on the Thors (and mounted wrong) and it was already on the Zues and Drone Pro (also mounted wrong).

I think the price of the HD units could come in under 200 bucks, but that will be up to the dealers. Margins can get tight, particularly with low volume.

The MDVR that Bearclaw has is the best I have seen yet for the current scopes. If you are planning on an X-Sight I wouldn't do anything until we know what they have finally settled on. I would be surprised if it has actually gone into production at this point.
Posted By: sapper21c

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 04/06/14 04:02 AM

Jun/July 2014 is what they told me as best case, I.e. No 1st gen bugs to work out.
Posted By: Mulepadre

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 04/07/14 10:13 PM

For DIYs like me check out this guys videos.
https://www.youtube.com/user/RolaidsBench/videos

I built mine based on his NV1.0 video.
It projects the light with a powerful small infrared flashlight, which picks up the image through a small sony video camera the size of a cigar lighter set right at the scope eyepiece and then projects to a small 5" video screen all w/ 12volts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wnNFR99xGI

I had a lot of fun with this. The advantage is you are using your existing scope to get the image so you don't have to pay for the fancy optics on one piece NV scopes. I could see hogs at over 8x power out past 250yds in pitch black. Minimal cost will be less than $350. Of course I started with a Nikon Monarch 50mm, which is a big help in sensitivity.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 04/07/14 10:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Mulepadre
For DIYs like me check out this guys videos.
https://www.youtube.com/user/RolaidsBench/videos

I built mine based on his NV1.0 video.
It projects the light with a powerful small infrared flashlight, which picks up the image through a small sony video camera the size of a cigar lighter set right at the scope eyepiece and then projects to a small 5" video screen all w/ 12volts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wnNFR99xGI

I had a lot of fun with this. The advantage is you are using your existing scope to get the image so you don't have to pay for the fancy optics on one piece NV scopes. I could see hogs at over 8x power out past 250yds in pitch black. Minimal cost will be less than $350. Of course I started with a Nikon Monarch 50mm, which is a big help in sensitivity.

Thanks! This has absolutely nothing to do with the ATN X-Sight trout

There are some DIY threads in either the Optics or Hog Hunting forums, you can start a separate thread for that as I do appreciate the DIY scene.

If you start your own thread I would ask a question like this about the Rolaids Bench setup

There are 6 hours worth of videos on his channel but I don't find a single one that demonstrates use on 223 or higher weapons.

Can you enlighten me on how you mount a rig such as the one in your post and how does it handle repeated abuse in the field.

Thanks

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 04/08/14 01:31 AM

You're right. Sorry.
I jumped in out of place. misread thinking someone was interested in DIY
I had my setup on a .243 with a bipod. Soft recoil

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 04/08/14 02:56 AM

The off the shelf scopes do not compare to what the DIY projects are using in terms of sensitivity and range, the consumer pays for the convenience of a product that is housed and mates to weapons in a somewhat streamlined design.

As I said I have respect for the DIY scene and would like to see your posts outside of the X-sight one

up

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 04/08/14 03:55 PM

Yes, I will post this somewhere else and maybe can offer some tips to anyone interested...

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 05/24/14 07:19 PM

Originally Posted By: sapper21c
Jun/July 2014 is what they told me as best case, I.e. No 1st gen bugs to work out.

Here is a post I read on another forum, by an ATN representative

Sir,
We appreciate your enthusiasm for the X-sight and we are just as excited about it as you are.
We know the anticipation for this unit and technology is very high. Due to this we are making sure that we are taking our time and running all facets of the unit through strenuous QA and testing. Our engineers are working diligently to providing the best quality and user experience that we can.
This is also why we have not released any video recorded through the system yet. We are still updating and expanding the user interface. Any video now would not represent the finalized product. We most likely will not release any video until final production and firmware are complete.
We appreciate your business and respectfully request that you be a little more patient with us as we bring this exciting new technology to market.
Thank you,
ATN

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 05/24/14 08:15 PM

We were told last night at the night vision gtg that the 5 - 18X is coming mid-June and the 3 - 12X is coming mid-July. This was OK'd for circulation by an ATN rep. Lets see how it works out... Meeting dates has not been a hallmark so far...

BTW, the gtg was awesome. Several company reps and dealers with lots of product to handle. FLIR, Armasight, ATN, Pulsar, etc...
Posted By: bbassi

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 06/05/14 01:01 PM

Originally Posted By: HuntTXhogs
Originally Posted By: sapper21c

Here is a post I read on another forum, by an ATN representative

Sir,
We appreciate your enthusiasm for the X-sight and we are just as excited about it as you are.
We know the anticipation for this unit and technology is very high. Due to this we are making sure that we are taking our time and running all facets of the unit through strenuous QA and testing. Our engineers are working diligently to providing the best quality and user experience that we can.
This is also why we have not released any video recorded through the system yet. We are still updating and expanding the user interface. Any video now would not represent the finalized product. We most likely will not release any video until final production and firmware are complete.
We appreciate your business and respectfully request that you be a little more patient with us as we bring this exciting new technology to market.
Thank you,
ATN

That's a salesman stall if I ever heard one. I've been waiting on these for quite a while now too but I may just have to go to the N750 if these aren't widely released by September.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 06/05/14 01:16 PM

Salesman stall? You think it is limited to the salesmen? LOL. hammer

I'm waiting on one as well.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 06/05/14 01:52 PM

I honestly don't think anyone there has a clue when the first ship date will be. They will go when they are in the box and the truck has left the building.

bang walking

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 06/11/14 07:34 PM

Well, they should be shipping in just a few days if ATN's Sachal was true to his word. He was confident that mid just would be the ship date for the 5x X-sights. Let's see what will happen...
Posted By: MathMan

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 06/13/14 03:38 AM

I might finally be able to afford a good night vision!!! Just learned about this today.

Added it to my watched topics. Hope it actually is good like they say.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 06/13/14 01:59 PM

Quote:
Hope it actually is good like they say.

I am not even sure they exist.
Posted By: ttubudd

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 06/18/14 03:33 PM

August/September time frame now per ATN. I did an online chat with them to ask and that is the answer i got

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 06/18/14 09:45 PM

Really, I emailed with Sachal Baig,an ATN rep and he says they have 200 units inbound and will ship very soon.

Does that means it will happen? I don't know, but that is what he said.
Posted By: ttubudd

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 06/23/14 01:31 PM

I hope you're right! That's just what I was told on their online chat thing

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 06/23/14 08:24 PM

It must be real because it is in the new Cabela's catalog... roflmao

Posted By: DavidK

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 06/29/14 01:10 PM

Last I was told was 5x would ship late July, 3x end of August

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 06/30/14 02:25 PM

With all the recent rain, I thought it might produce the right circumstances for a spotting of the X-sight.

popcorn

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 06/30/14 02:46 PM

clap cheers clap
Posted By: Kipling

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 06/30/14 03:16 PM

I found an answers to the questions that author asked. Maybe some of u would find it interesting

Q) What is the video out resolution? ATN states 1080p at 30 FPS and 720p at 60 FPS
A) 1080p, 30FPS.

Q) Do the crosshairs (reticle) record on the video output file?
A) Yes

Q) Do the crosshairs shift to the POA (zeroed x/y axis) in digital zoom mode?
A) Will be implemented in the final firmware release.

Q) Does the scope record sound?
A) Yes. And it can't be disabled anyway. Menu position "Disable microphone" does nothing wink

Q) Is the CMOS camera sensitive enough to render an image without IR in low light situations at a decent frame rate?
A) Yes. I think it's about 25fps without external illumination.

Q) Recoil rating? Especially with the Industry's first onboard SD card slot... eek2
A) .308win / .338LM should be fine.

Q) Can an optical doubler be fitted to the front lens and still provide a clear image in digital zoom modes?
A) No. DSP always perform processing video and there are no "uncompressed RAW" stream.

Q) Are the wireless / GPS features going to make it into the retail version?
A) Yes.

Q) ATN's website shows wifi is for updating the scope not video output recording...
A) Yep. WIFI used to update firmware only. You can grab realtime video from Mini-HDMI under right side cover.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 06/30/14 04:01 PM

Sounds pretty amazing!!! And the price is perfect!!! Hope it lives up to the hype.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 06/30/14 09:33 PM

Thank you for answering these questions, I have added follow up questions or statements referenced in RED.

Originally Posted By: Kipling
I found an answers to the questions that author asked. Maybe some of u would find it interesting

Q) What is the video out resolution? ATN states 1080p at 30 FPS and 720p at 60 FPS
A) 1080p, 30FPS. So the 1080p, 30 FPS will be coming out of the HDMI port - what DVR is available to purchase now that can handle the full resolution video stream for recording optimal video? External DVRs won't be necessary since onboard audio is available but is the onboard video recorder capable of full HD video capture? If so that'd be an Industry first and unbelievable feature considering the price point.

Q) Do the crosshairs (reticle) record on the video output file?
A) Yes Do we have any information on what crosshairs will be available?

Q) Do the crosshairs shift to the POA (zeroed x/y axis) in digital zoom mode?
A) Will be implemented in the final firmware release. Hopefully before the 1st unit hits the dealer/distributors and not afterwards rendering shooting in zoom modes useless.

Q) Does the scope record sound?
A) Yes. And it can't be disabled anyway. Menu position "Disable microphone" does nothing wink If I read you clearly you cannot disable the audio, which is going to mess some people up who are using external DVRs. Im sure they can fix this in firmware to go along with a menu option titled disable microphone.

Q) Is the CMOS camera sensitive enough to render an image without IR in low light situations at a decent frame rate?
A) Yes. I think it's about 25fps without external illumination. This would be tremendous if no DSP is needed for gain enhancement and the systems sensor is capable of doing that frame rate with no illumination.

Q) Recoil rating? Especially with the Industry's first onboard SD card slot... eek2
A) .308win / .338LM should be fine. Is it mounted vertically or horizontally and how will moisture prevention and spring pressure be implemented to ensure years of use (recoil and environment) doesn't wear out the positive connection.

Q) Can an optical doubler be fitted to the front lens and still provide a clear image in digital zoom modes?
A) No. DSP always perform processing video and there are no "uncompressed RAW" stream. Won't need a doubler if DSP doesn't pixelate

Q) Are the wireless / GPS features going to make it into the retail version?
A) Yes.

Q) ATN's website shows wifi is for updating the scope not video output recording...
A) Yep. WIFI used to update firmware only. You can grab realtime video from Mini-HDMI under right side cover.

ALL THE ABOVE is certainly subject to change and until we see it released for sale - - - it is purely THEORETICAL

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 07/02/14 02:46 PM

A newly published article on the X-sight. Refered to as "THE WONDER SCOPE" and another analogy that inferes that the X-sight is the Michael Jordan of NV scopes. Hey I don't write it I just report what I read to you while I await receipt of my pre-ordered scope for field testing.

http://www.opticsplanet.com/gearexpert/2014/06/atn-shottrak-xsight.html

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 07/02/14 02:51 PM

Funny how they can be an expert on something they have never seen... trout

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 07/02/14 03:31 PM

Right, and of course you will note that there isn't an original X-sight image or video associated with the article.

Maybe it is the Stevie Wonder Scope?

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 07/08/14 03:45 PM

It has been roughly 6 months since SHOT 2014. Here is an oldie but goodie from ATN on what it's X-sight can do.

I wonder what type of "Inteligent Shooting Solutions" are on the horizon , this ATN exec states the Accelerometer will serve to develop future enhancements to the scope.

I'm no engineer or scientist but I would guess it might have something to do with ballistic curves at distance and adjustment of aiming, much like a burris eliminator??? That uses laser ranging however, hey I just realized the X-sight doesn't have laser rangefinding. crazy

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 07/08/14 04:04 PM

That is ATN CEO Mark Vayn...

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 07/08/14 07:03 PM

Buy that man a Delorean because he doesn't know what the future is.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 07/08/14 07:19 PM

hey I just realized the X-sight doesn't have laser rangefinding. crazy

But the new N750 coming year end does... banana

And....and...and...is it me or is the price continuing to rise on the X-Sight? The 5 X is shown at $749.00 today... nidea

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 07/09/14 07:58 PM

http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk/sh...e-CLA-Game-Fair

So apparently 1 unit does exist and it is going to be in Europe whistle

I have asked nicely for video (recorded) through the scope to be obtained while it is being demonstrated, it sure would be nice to see what the scopes image looks like.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 07/09/14 08:11 PM

We all know the market there is much larger than here in the states...

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 07/10/14 12:55 AM

If I were bettin', I wouldn't count on a production model being there Ben. I saw their posts. I bet they get the non-working model if anything... cheers

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 07/10/14 02:54 AM

...Well I cant find "Made in the USA" anywhere for the X-sight.

So if I were bettin' I'd say this is a demo scope that works and the event is the unveiling.

I'd expect glitches but damn if we could just get a minutes worth of video out of the thing it would speak volumes..........

Pre-ordering is FUN in video games and commemorative box-sets of movies BUT with optics and firearms I tend to put a lot of value into initial reports based on first hand knowledge.

Look at what happened with the Remington R51 pistol.

Anyhow, I am hoping for the best for the X-sight but trying to remain tempered in my enthusiasm and the Euro show may be the first signs of a strong pulse in the ATN digital life line.

To be determined....
Posted By: nateg

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 07/15/14 08:11 PM

Nice
Posted By: firemed13

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 07/15/14 10:26 PM

This is from ATN facebook post from July 11 :
Thank you all for your patience. We are as anxious as you are to get the X-Sight HD launched.

The final pre-production units have been finished and are in quality assurance and testing. If all passes, which we fully expect, we will be into full blown production.

We expect the first significant quantities of the 5-18 version to start shipping mid August.

We expect the first significant quantities of the 3-12 version to start shipping mid September.

Once again thank you for your patience and excitement.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 07/16/14 02:41 AM

3 posts asking for video, I added my request for video from the Europe CLA Game Fair but no responses to these posts.

other posts asking for pricing and they respond to those......

Come on ATN, give us something to look at after this weekend!
Posted By: Colt W. Knight

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 07/16/14 03:54 AM

Just now caught this thread.

If it works like the website shows, I might order one. However, I will let some time pass to get some real world reviews.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 07/19/14 03:13 AM

Question -

I haven't handled an X-sight myself, for those who have or dealers who have connections to find out.

Will the onboard micro-SD capture the video and sound at the same resolution indicated on the specifications page for the X-sight?

The line says "video output" which could possibly be captured from the micro-HDMI port.

I am thinking that those who want sound recorded might have to use the external video output along with a DVR's internal microphone.

So have we determined what DVR we are going to use to record 1080p @ 30 frames per second? or 720p @ 60 FPS?

That is some serious resolution and I don't know of any HD-PVR (personal video recorders) for less than $ 100.00 that capture that level of resolution. Realistically I would be willing to pay 200.00 for a DVR that does HD, but certainly I am not going any higher - heck at 200.00 that is 40% of the cost of the scope alone.

The real beauty should be the video images captured from the X-sight if the specifications are inline with real world performance, DVRs with internal sound are becoming more available however the current crop are resolution limited...

HTXH

I saw this today, so if for whatever reason the onboard recording function isn't up to videophile quality OR in the future of digital scopes if an HD DVR is the only option of recording video, this will do it.

SuperCircuits DVR1100

Of course I would consider a Chinese copy of this if someone can locate one....

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 07/20/14 02:44 PM

Here is a report from a well respected member of a UK website:

Marky610 wrote---

Well I've had my hands on one

Firstly it was a preproduction prototype so not all the features were working, most disappointedly the zoom function wasn't but I have to say this thing is superb for the price tag. By far the best digie dedicated by day, it really is a true day/night scope. More compact than the others out there at present, lower mounting which is nice.

Near eye display has the same resolution as the Pulsar Digisight N750 and is on a par with it, functioned just as it should no disappointments here. Focus is via the front lens and yes have to to focus it, I went from 150-10mt, but it's not what I'd call focus fussy. Didn't go through the reticles mainly because the one on it was right up my alley.

Power is provided via 2x CR123's accessed via a nice large cup on the righthand side of the unit, battery life unknown until further tests.

Like I said this was a preproduction prototype so only a little teaser of a review, the zoom function is going to be the killer test on this unit and I have been promised a look at one with working zoom in a couple of weeks or so. Launch to the public is expected in October (just in time for my 50th birthday Debs if you read this ) my mate has already put down a deposit on one (and he's an Armasight Drone owner)

SC (Scott Country) are thinking about only stocking the 3-12x zoom model but I think I put a strong case to the boss to stock the 5-18x too

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 07/20/14 02:53 PM

Sounds good so far.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 07/20/14 02:59 PM

Sounds very much like the prototype from SHOT....

Edit: Yep, Marky confirms that it could very well be the one from SHOT. It doesn't sound like it was debuted in the UK and come to think of it, I don't rememver ATN saying that would be the case in the first place. grin

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 07/21/14 11:01 PM

Originally Posted By: dfwroadkill
It doesn't sound like it was debuted in the UK and come to think of it, I don't rememver ATN saying that would be the case in the first place. grin

You're right, ATN says nothing at all or they post the canned "Thank you for your interest" message.

Their Facebook page is littered with posts and so I mis-took from there that this would be a formal debut.

loser8

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 07/24/14 03:02 AM

Getting warmer....

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 07/24/14 03:51 AM

Screen drool is seriously affecting my ability to see the images... muyloco

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 07/24/14 04:45 AM

Oooooh. Aaaaaah.
Posted By: firemed13

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 07/24/14 04:53 AM

So Bearclaw...is this specimen in hand as we speak?

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 07/24/14 11:25 AM

Is this one of those neutered versions, like the one that was recently shown at the UK GameFair?

Also, seriously does this scope weight 2.7 lbs cyclo

Thanks for the photo!

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 07/24/14 12:23 PM

crazy

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 07/24/14 01:17 PM

Got one showing the SD card port?

Edit: I bet it's under the GPS/Wi-Fi flap... confused2

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 07/24/14 01:47 PM

The mini SD card port is on the side under the circular cap with the notch in it. There's also a mini USB under there.

No, this is not a unit I will be able to take out in the field and test and post videos from. I just wanted to let y'all know that the X-Sight exists!

Latest update from ATN is still August for the 5x and October for the 3X, but who knows if that's actually going to happen or if it will be bumped back. That said, I sure am looking forward to posting up some video for everyone when possible!
Posted By: Sn1p3r_1

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/01/14 01:53 AM

Have you taken any video yet?

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/01/14 03:30 AM

hi sniper -

the day video hits the web i'll cross post it here so stay tuned.

ATN has 200 scopes in from the factory and they are performing testing of the firmware so as of this time nobody has one yet.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/01/14 03:49 AM

hi sniper -

the day video hits the web i'll cross post it here so stay tuned.

ATN has 200 scopes in from the factory and they are performing testing of the firmware so as of this time nobody has one yet.

Thanks. I saw ATN's update a few days ago on their Facebook page.
Posted By: Fyresoul

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/01/14 07:39 PM

Except for Bearclaw apparently :P
I'm just curious as to why the 5x is coming out before the 3x.
Either way I have one of each pre-ordered thru UNV and I know when they have more info they'll let us know smile

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/01/14 08:03 PM

Tyler doesn't have one either to my knowledge.

5's before 3's because of lenses is what I was told.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/01/14 08:31 PM

Just pics. No scopes... cry

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/05/14 07:42 PM

Which one are you planning to get guys? and Why?

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/05/14 07:52 PM

5X here... Two reasons..... 1) I figger that 5X being standard mode will work fine for me and digitally magnified once it should still have an excellent sight picture. 2) My old arse doesn't see so well at 3X. up

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/05/14 08:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Sn1p3r_1

At first, both and through direct use make a decision which goes on the primary gun and which goes on the secondary gun. Having two X-sights I am still coming in ahead of the I^2 game by a couple of hundred dollars for a single Gen2 weapon sight.

That is like 2 for 1 and we are a Two4One type of society...........

Other than that -

Maybe 3x on a light caliber supressed gun, in close dirty work, 50 yards and in and the 5x sitting on the larger caliber with reach out and touch something capability...

How bout you Sn1p3r, what is your current night scopes magnification?

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/05/14 09:00 PM

So, HTH, you gonna carry two weapons? One for 50 fitty and in, the other for fitty and out... Otherwise, I wanna know the secret of how you know which one to take when you leave out... aim confused2 roflmao

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/05/14 09:04 PM

I'll say this too.... 5X ain't necessarily 5X and 3X ain't necessarily 3X on any of these digitally magged scopes, thermal or digital... eek2

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/05/14 09:10 PM

So, HTH, you gonna carry two weapons? One for 50 fitty and in, the other for fitty and out... Otherwise, I wanna know the secret of how you know which one to take when you leave out... aim confused2 roflmao

2 guns always in the blind, trucks, stand with us on our property we hunt.

Appropriate selection made based on the target aim

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/06/14 02:27 AM

At first, both and through direct use make a decision which goes on the primary gun and which goes on the secondary gun. Having two X-sights I am still coming in ahead of the I^2 game by a couple of hundred dollars for a single Gen2 weapon sight.

That is like 2 for 1 and we are a Two4One type of society...........

Other than that -

Maybe 3x on a light caliber supressed gun, in close dirty work, 50 yards and in and the 5x sitting on the larger caliber with reach out and touch something capability...

How bout you Sn1p3r, what is your current night scopes magnification?
I don't own a night scope at this time. I'd like to get the 5X, the price is not that bad.

I started saving for a M845 Mk.4 2.8X Gen3 Red Dot but $2500 is a lot money. I almost had it and ended up buying a rifle, I started saving up again and when obama decided to ban Russian rifles I ended up getting 2 more AK's just in case. So here I am waiting for these 2 models to hit the shelves and wait for some feedback and hopefully grab one if I can.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/06/14 06:08 PM

So here I am waiting for these 2 models to hit the shelves and wait for some feedback and hopefully grab one if I can.

Just an FYI... An ATN rep stated the other day that if you didn't have a pre-order in it would probably be October at the earliest before you could get one. I don't know how much umph you can place in that, just passing it along... Heck, it might be October or December before any of us see one... up

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/06/14 08:16 PM

October of what year?

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/06/14 08:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Double Naught Spy
October of what year?
After Shot Show 2015 maybe

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/06/14 08:50 PM

October of what year?

I left that one for you... rofl

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/07/14 05:45 PM

Got one showing the SD card port?

Edit: I bet it's under the GPS/Wi-Fi flap... confused2

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/07/14 06:50 PM

Cool... I like that. Now, these buttons are black. The scope the other day was red. Do you know which ones will be on the delivered units?

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/07/14 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by dfwroadkill
Cool... I like that. Now, these buttons are black. The scope the other day was red. Do you know which ones will be on the delivered units?

D -

I am guessing Black buttons as witnessed in this video, starting at minute mark 1:10

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/07/14 08:21 PM

Yeah, I saw that...but I do not believe that one to be a production version as several functions were inoperable...and they still didn't demonstrate night capabilities at that show... up

Still, it is interesting to have this red button model show up so late in the game if they were going to use black all along. confused2

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/07/14 09:52 PM

I think they will be red

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/07/14 10:19 PM

I like that too... up

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/07/14 10:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Bearclaw
I think they will be red

6 pack of Dos Equis says Black

cheers

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/07/14 10:29 PM

Also, seriously does this scope weight 2.7 lbs cyclo

BTW, The one at SHOT was heavier than the anchor on the Queen Mary...but I still want one. Got a crane ordered... banana

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/08/14 01:02 AM

Quote:
D -

I am guessing Black buttons as witnessed in this video, starting at minute mark 1:10

But that was just another mockup unit. So who knows?

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/10/14 07:50 PM

This thread has seen 8k hits in the last 3 days....

Tomorrow brings the start of a new work week containing the vaunted "mid-August" date 8/15/14.

The 21st Century Hunters are ready now to receive your digital delights....

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/10/14 09:55 PM

Sadly, I am sure it will pass like July 15, June 15, May, and April, though the same message will be sent out that refinements are being made to get it right on 200 units that if you order now, means you will have one in November.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/11/14 05:35 PM

Rumblings of a photo and video release tomorrow...........

peep
Posted By: cyberpyrot

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/11/14 05:39 PM

I ordered the 5X18 I want to see how it stands up to my Pulsar N750

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/11/14 06:01 PM

peep

I've got a pre-release of it. Wanna see it? yawn

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/11/14 06:13 PM

We are taking no money down pre-release pre-orders of the pre-release video for pre-order.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/11/14 06:33 PM

No worries. My projector ate the film anyway... frown

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/11/14 07:13 PM

I can't wait to see :

A) what qualifies as photos and video (video out port ? Recording of viewfinder? Unexplained imagery that looks like it came out of Hollywood I.e typical advertisement fluff)

B) what the subject is of the footage is (they are in California in a light soaked environment)

Anybody care to take a guess.......

popcorn

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/11/14 07:24 PM

I think it will have flowers in it for sure....maybe Nancy Pelosi....

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/11/14 08:37 PM

We are taking no money down pre-release pre-orders of the pre-release video for pre-order.

I'll take eleventy!

And I'm going to guess shots of a pre-production model and/or CGI model spinning on a elaborate dais with cuts to pre-recorded advertisement fluff clap

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/11/14 08:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Fyresoul
And I'm going to guess shots of a pre-production model and/or CGI model spinning on a elaborate dais with cuts to pre-recorded advertisement fluff clap

Oohh...that's fansay.... cheers clap up

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/11/14 09:59 PM

This wouldn't be the imagery where they show things the scope really won't do like in some previous ads for other models, will it?

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/11/14 10:20 PM

Only Tyler and Ben know...and they aren't sharing... cry
Posted By: syncerus

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/12/14 03:25 AM

Am I detecting a faint note of cynicism here?

wink

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/12/14 12:26 PM

Now that is veing perceptive... up

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/12/14 05:03 PM

Where are the rumblings????

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/12/14 05:14 PM

I'm trying to not think about it, but still checking this topic every few hours.
It's not like we're not used to delays rolleyes

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/12/14 06:19 PM

peep

Where are the rumblings????

Well there was a post in the UK forum saying that the UK vendor was going to release photo video today, so they have until midnight tonight before I raise the bs flag.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/12/14 07:28 PM

Didn't you get burned on UK information previously? LOL.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/12/14 07:42 PM

Didn't you get burned on UK information previously? LOL.

Hence the peeping guy behind the brick wall.

I wouldn't say I got burned - afterall the UK received and handled all the Pulsar gear before we saw it, the Armasight Drone Pro was available to them before us, on and on so historically information and product flows to the UK before we see it.

I base this on any product not made in the USA.

To be continued...

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/12/14 08:14 PM

http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk/sh...e-CLA-Game-Fair

So apparently 1 unit does exist and it is going to be in Europe whistle

I have asked nicely for video (recorded) through the scope to be obtained while it is being demonstrated, it sure would be nice to see what the scopes image looks like.

Clears throat.... Same folks posted about one being at this show... I think they burned you twice now.... rofl

You know ATN loves all this attention... up

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/15/14 12:10 AM

I am back,fresh out of recovery from the "Burn Center" wink

Here is photos direct from ATN posted today

Update on the X-sight
Posted By: Cleric

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/15/14 12:27 AM

As someone on the outside of night vision who is thinking about buying my first one I am getting Leary. But this and the proton were quick to announce and slow to make. I have no faith in these companies right now....
Posted By: SachalATN

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/15/14 04:47 PM

I know most of you are very upset and think we are not sharing enough information about the Xsight. Some even are spreading this rumor that it doesnt exist, but in our defense I would only say that you all wanted us to thoroughly test the units before they ship out, well that's exactly what we are doing. We tested the scope at the range on a .308 and the results were astonishing. The scope holds zero well and no shut off or any other issues.

Video and more information would be posted shortly.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/15/14 04:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Cleric
As someone on the outside of night vision who is thinking about buying my first one I am getting Leary. But this and the proton were quick to announce and slow to make. I have no faith in these companies right now....

New technology takes time. What was the last major breakthrough in day time optics?

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/15/14 04:54 PM

Quote:

When is shortly. I have one I pre-ordered directly from ATN essentially paying $766 I could of purchased it from other sites for $150 less. I'm thinking I should just back out of this deal as I already have a Pulsar N750 and this is looking like vaporware. I was half expecting like most others to not have been charged until the item actually shipped but I guess you needed it funded being a brand new company and all.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/15/14 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by SachalATN
Originally Posted by Cleric

New technology takes time. What was the last major breakthrough in day time optics?

Im still using it. It's called the Pulsar N750 and is works great!!! I heard they just announced a Thermal last week claiming to beat you guys to market this october.

Here is a pesky little porker I shot with the N750.. I showed you mine now show me yours!!!

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/15/14 04:59 PM

Originally Posted By: cyberpyrot
Quote:

When is shortly. I have one I pre-ordered directly from ATN essentially paying $766 I could of purchased it from other sites for $150 less. I'm thinking I should just back out of this deal as I already have a Pulsar N750 and this is looking like vaporware. I was half expecting like most others to not have been charged until the item actually shipped but I guess you needed it funded being a brand new company and all.

Brand new company? We have been in business for 20 years. Video and images will be posted shortly. Are you sure you were charged? We dont charge until the product is ready to ship and all the preorders had discounts. Also the scopes would be shipping on first come first serve basis and you might get yours before anyone else.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/15/14 04:59 PM

you do know i'm just pissing in your cheerios i'm super stoked about the ATN X-sight.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/15/14 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by cyberpyrot
Originally Posted by SachalATN
Originally Posted by Cleric

Im still using it. It's called the Pulsar N750 and is works great!!! I heard they just announced a Thermal last week claiming to beat you guys to market this october.

Here is a pesky little porker I shot with the N750.. I showed you mine now show me yours!!!

Yea, see my other post. I think you lack few details. The pulsar scope is 2999 British Pounds and is all made out of plastic. Not really a competition there.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/15/14 05:03 PM

Originally Posted By: SachalATN
Quote:

Brand new company? We have been in business for 20 years. Video and images will be posted shortly. Are you sure you were charged? We dont charge until the product is ready to ship and all the preorders had discounts. Also the scopes would be shipping on first come first serve basis and you might get yours before anyone else.

its cool you can hold onto my money im just glad I might get one..

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/15/14 05:05 PM

cyberpyrot, please email me your information at sbaig@atncorp.com.

Ill see if I can do something special for you.

Also, its showing you paid in August. I thought you preordered?

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/15/14 05:07 PM

I'm just ribbing you bud. I know this scope will blow the pulsar out of the water. I actualy talked another buddy into preordering one also..

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/15/14 05:11 PM

Also, its showing you paid in August. I thought you preordered?

yup I preordered from this website. in fact it still says preorder click here laugh

http://www.atncorp.com/x-sight-night-vision-rifle-scope-5-18x

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/15/14 05:20 PM

I am back,fresh out of recovery from the "Burn Center" wink

rofl cheers rofl

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/15/14 05:43 PM

aim got me

I appreciate your support. Honestly we are not even going after the Pulsar because its at a much higher price point. Now dont blame us that you get better resolution and features with our scope laugh

wait whats this ??? An APP that lets you control your scope from your cell phone?? flehan

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/15/14 05:50 PM

aim got me

I appreciate your support. Honestly we are not even going after the Pulsar because its at a much higher price point. Now dont blame us that you get better resolution and features with our scope laugh

wait whats this ??? An APP that lets you control your scope from your cell phone?? flehan

Holy crap that's awesome.. Please don't take offense to what I say I was just baiting you for some juicy details and low and behold it worked laugh I have ordered from a re-seller but after the wait I got nervous and canceled the order I figured I would just order direct from you guys even if it cost more. my buddy still ordered from Techeyes.com and did get it cheaper then me but I figured I would get it before him thinking you guys will fill your own orders before re-sellers Plus you guys are a big name in so I know it was a safe buy.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/15/14 06:03 PM

Lol I knew you were prying for some more info but I dont mind sharing what I do know. This scope is going to have tons of features, basically it is a mini computer inside and as new features become available, you can simply update your firmware through WiFi, without any cables and wouldnt have to send your scope back in for an upgrade.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/15/14 06:11 PM

While you guys are playing around with eachother and talking gizmos and gadgets...

...any update on the mid-August shipment date you posted in the other forum Industry section?

TODAY IS MID-AUGUST on the Aztec/Mayan calander stir

OH AND BY THE WAY - THANKS FOR JOINING THIS THREAD SACHAL

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/15/14 06:37 PM

popcorn
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/15/14 06:51 PM

Ok, OK, OK...I have to admit I wasn't following this thread for anything other than kicks and grins (I know thats not how the actual saying goes flush)

But I finally got around to looking at this scope, and the features, and all the goodies (Sachel the iPhone app thing got me to look again, so yes, thanks for joining this thread) and I had completely overlooked what could be a game changing scope!

Couple of questions and these may have been asked before, but it is hard to sort through all the drivel in the thread without bursting into pure belly laughter, but what kind of battery life are we talking about and what type of batteries (did I read 4 AA somewhere?)

Also, is there any kind of dial-ability for longer distances or is this going to be more of a sight-in at 100 and hold over? There have been a few of these new scope posts so pardon my inability to remember all the details cheers

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/15/14 07:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Texas buckeye
Ok, OK, OK...I have to admit I wasn't following this thread for anything other than kicks and grins (I know thats not how the actual saying goes flush)

But I finally got around to looking at this scope, and the features, and all the goodies (Satchel the iPhone app thing got me interested, so yes, thanks for joining this thread) and I had completely overlooked what could be a game changing scope!

Couple of questions and these may have been asked before, but it is hard to sort through all the drivel in the thread without bursting into pure belly laughter, but what kind of battery life are we talking about and what type of batteries (did I read 4 AA somewhere?)

Also, is there any kind of dial-ability for longer distances or is this going to be more of a sight-in at 100 and hold over? There have been a few of these new scope posts so pardon my inability to remember all the details cheers

Texas Buckeye, thank you for asking those questions and those are some good questions.

As for the battery it is very subjective. This scope has WIFI, GPS, Gyroscope, FULL 1080HD recording capabilities so the more features you have on the more battery it is going to consume but for the sake of conversation under normal use, with 4 AA batteries you are looking at around 4-5 hours of battery life. Yes you can also use rechargeable battery and we are working on a battery pack as well.

As for dial-ability for long distance, the answer is yes. It is designed for long range use and the scope is going to have ballistic calculator/smart shooting solutions/target acquisition but they are not going to be available right off the bat. But when they are available all you have to do is upgrade the firmware. The hardware is all there just the software needs to be thoroughly tested before we make it available.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/15/14 07:03 PM

While you guys are playing around with eachother and talking gizmos and gadgets...

...any update on the mid-August shipment date you posted in the other forum Industry section?

HuntTXHog, I know you are upset about deliveries. We are almost there man, just give us a little more time. You gave us few months, give us couple of more weeks wink

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/15/14 07:04 PM

Couple of questions and these may have been asked before, but it is hard to sort through all the drivel in the thread without bursting into pure belly laughter

lol444 Uh.... Excuse me but ALL my threads are Drivel-free! lol444

peep

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/15/14 07:10 PM

HuntTXHog, I know you are upset about deliveries. We are almost there man, just give us a little more time. You gave us few months, give us couple of more weeks wink

Sachal -

I'm NOT upset, just wanting a company to stay with (keep informed) it's prospective customers on the timing for this product. That's it in a nutshell.

2 weeks is a deal, shake on it?

up

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/15/14 07:11 PM

As for the battery it is very subjective. This scope has WIFI, GPS, Gyroscope, FULL 1080HD recording capabilities so the more features you have on the more battery it is going to consume but for the sake of conversation under normal use, with 4 AA batteries you are looking at around 4-5 hours of battery life. Yes you can also use rechargeable battery and we are working on a battery pack as well.

The quality of the batteries you use makes a huge difference. Here is another item some folks will overlook, the ability to turn a lot of the features. If this is the case you will be able to significantly increase battery life. As one who has tested scope to smartphone wifi units in the past, I can tell you the wifi function alone eats battery. I am not a fan of it for recording and will be thrilled to have the SD card option...much better.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/15/14 07:14 PM

The quality of the batteries you use makes a huge difference. Here is another item some folks will overlook, the ability to turn a lot of the features. If this is the case you will be able to significantly increase battery life. As one who has tested scope to smartphone wifi units in the past, I can tell you the wifi function alone eats battery. I am not a fan of it for recording and will be thrilled to have the SD card option...much better.

+1 thats why we incorporated an on board HD recording capability. The unit accepts MICROSD card and you can use that for recording your shoots.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/15/14 07:16 PM

Sachal -

I'm NOT upset, just wanting a company to stay with (keep informed) it's prospective customers on the timing for this product. That's it in a nutshell.

up

lol I will keep you posted. Again, if the engineers solve the issue tomorrow we will start shipping the scopes on Monday. If it takes a tad longer, well I cant whip em whip

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/15/14 07:17 PM

Sachal -

up

i'm a witness to all verbal agreements laugh

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/15/14 07:19 PM

Sachal -

Can you verify that the "smooth zoom" --- which is digital zoom no matter how you slice it --- doesn't pixelate as you progress from 5x (native optical magnification) up through 18x?

Outside of this thread, it has been discussed that because the native resolution of the screen is LESS than the output resolution of the sensor therfore in THEORY as you activate digital zoom and stretch the pixels (enlarge the image) the inherent higher resolution deters pixelation of the image.

I've long believed that if your engineers have figured out pixel manipulation via employing an HD sensor to a non-HD display and it works that this scope would be a first of its kind.

But again can you verify?
Posted By: Shadow357x2

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/15/14 07:22 PM

Heck, I know I preordered mine on Feb 20 this year from tech-eyes and am seriously running out of patience. I as well have been precharged for my preorder Original delivery of April 15th promised and long passed. Since that time every ship date has come and gone with the same results. I have used ATN exclusively for many years but this fiasco has just about made me start shopping elsewhere. I know I am only one but when a respected company steps in it like this there should be more results than what we are getting. So far we have seen alot of promises and no true results.
As to Tech-eyes I wont be ordering from them again as well, every time there is a delay I have to either email them first or go on a chat with them to get the info. As a reseller with the rating they have I would think that customer service would be alot better than what it is.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/15/14 07:26 PM

I would never pre-order from a dealer that wanted money before shipping, period.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/15/14 07:29 PM

Sachal -

Can you verify that the "smooth zoom" --- which is digital zoom no matter how you slice it --- doesn't pixelate as you progress from 5x (native optical magnification) up through 18x?

Outside of this thread, it has been discussed that because the native resolution of the screen is LESS than the output resolution of the sensor therfore in THEORY as you activate digital zoom and stretch the pixels (enlarge the image) the inherent higher resolution deters pixelation of the image.

I've long believed that if your engineers have figured out pixel manipulation via employing an HD sensor to a non-HD display and it works that this scope would be a first of its kind.

HuntTXHogs, I will get more detailed information for you but I know and I am sharing this from my personal experience. The 5-18x scope can magnify all the way up to 10x magnification without any loss in resolution. Beyond that it gets slightly pixelated but still good enough to read the address of a shipping label of a tiny label at 30 yards away.

And yes the scope has a continuous zoom.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/15/14 07:33 PM

Sachal -

HuntTXHogs, I will get more detailed information for you but I know and I am sharing this from my personal experience. The 5-18x scope can magnify all the way up to 10x magnification without any loss in resolution. Beyond that it gets slightly pixelated but still good enough to read the address of a shipping label of a tiny label at 30 yards away.

And yes the scope has a continuous zoom.

Wait What you talking bout willis? do you mean it is like a camera just keeps zooming rather then just popping to different magnifications? holy crap you just made my day

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/15/14 07:37 PM

Is the "zoom" equivalent to optical mag, or is there some fuzzy fudge factor in there similar to the Thor line and has more to do with input vs output resolution?

I don't fully understand off the top of my head the magnification ratings the Thors get, but every time I read about it, it makes sense. Would be lovely if this scope is true optical magnification.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/15/14 07:37 PM

Again, if the engineers solve the issue tomorrow we will start shipping the scopes on Monday.

Well, now....of course they won't... rofl

...and you deserve every bit of the ribbing... cheers

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/15/14 07:42 PM

Is the "zoom" equivalent to optical mag...

Nada....

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/15/14 08:10 PM

Do we have any idea what kind of optical mag the scopes would be close to/equivalent to?

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/15/14 08:35 PM

Sorry i opened up a can o' worms here with the zoom question - I'm the last guy to drivel on about this but here it goes.

Traditional day scopes have variable optical magnification capabilities due to tride and true manufactuering and engineering processes that make it possible plus their design (physical lens arrays).

Night vision is different due to near eye display issues, somewhere in the equation a phosphor or a bit of data needs to be converted and/or energized onto a viewing screen that is static to the shooters eye.

If you were to incorporate optical variable zoom into a night vision scope if would look something like the lens of a DLSR or camcorder.

Recoil and field use are the worst enemies of those designs therefore digital zoom is kind of where it is at with NV.

Digital zoom is its own worst enemy because it is basically image extrapolation to a static near eye display, it ends up "blocking" up the image as it zooms into (digital signal processing) the source image.

Where the X-sight differs is that the main source of resolution off the image sensor is 1080p in resolution so in theory, and by Sachals validation, there is overhead pixels to tap into in order to deter blocking.

Anyways that is seriously a WAG at how this all works , don't go running to the nearest optical engineer with it because they will say I am crazy.

One last point, you see this in thermal weapon sights right now, but a fixed focus lens system like the Flir RS and IR Hunter are the "rock solid" designs to deter any issues related to recoil and josteling. The other design is a manual focus like the Thor and Armasight - anyways all the scopes employ digital zoom but the lense manipulation is to fine tune focus not adjust magnification.

Note: If I got any of this wrong please let me know as I prefer to not live out the rest of my days spouting off untruths if I can so help it.

Posted By: 25-06

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/15/14 09:26 PM

Been a while since I checked in but I'm guessing the xsight is still not in anyone's hand. Correct?

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/15/14 09:56 PM

Originally Posted By: 25-06
Been a while since I checked in but I'm guessing the xsight is still not in anyone's hand. Correct?

Nope..... confused2

Welcome home!

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/15/14 10:01 PM

Again, if the engineers solve the issue tomorrow we will start shipping the scopes on Monday.

Well, now....of course they won't... rofl

...and you deserve every bit of the ribbing... cheers

So you want to give a hard time to that one person from the company who is on your side?? Lol everybody else is either too busy or just dont care being involved with the online community.
I am not getting paid to do this nor this is in my job description but I know you guys deserve more hence I am trying to get involved with as many forums as realistically possible. hammer

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/15/14 10:13 PM

Here is our latest "official" update recently published on our Facebook,
but you guys knew that already

"Thank you all for your patience. We are still testing the units before full launch. We are going to share images, videos and test results with you as we go.
The X-Sight 5-18x was at the range this week. Held zero perfectly and the Single shot zero worked exactly as it was supposed to. The hole in zone 7 was first shot.
The 4-5 shots in the bulls eyes were after being zeroed. The one in zone 9 was when we let one of the engineers take a shot.
Mechanical work is complete and bodies are in full production. We have to finish some of the firmware. We currently are fine tuning the colors, optimizing night mode and a few other features prior to official launch.
We are very close.
Expected deliveries are expected to be: 5-18x September, 3-12x October (maybe September)"

Yes you read it right, there is a single shot zero clap

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/15/14 10:38 PM

Ho hum I'll believe it when I see it. But on the other hand thanks for the news.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/15/14 10:49 PM

So you want to give a hard time to that one person from the company who is on your side??

And that pretty well sums up ATN from an actual insider.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/15/14 11:34 PM

...and this is the laid back 'kick up yer heels' take it easy forum

whistle

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/15/14 11:53 PM

whistle

Hahaha haha with friends like these who needs enemies.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/16/14 12:04 AM

whistle

Nothing has changed.... up

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/16/14 02:09 AM

So you want to give a hard time to that one person from the company who is on your side??

And that pretty well sums up ATN from an actual insider.

That's why ITT, Flir, Pulsar are so active on the forum confused
Posted By: 25-06

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/16/14 02:24 AM

Originally Posted By: 25-06

Nope..... confused2

Welcome home!

Thanks been doing a little hunting but mostly working. So glad I got my deposit back and went with the sightmark. This season would have not been near as fun
Posted By: Bar-D

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/16/14 11:00 AM

Here is our latest "official" update recently published on our Facebook,
but you guys knew that already

"Thank you all for your patience. We are still testing the units before full launch. We are going to share images, videos and test results with you as we go.
The X-Sight 5-18x was at the range this week. Held zero perfectly and the Single shot zero worked exactly as it was supposed to. The hole in zone 7 was first shot.
The 4-5 shots in the bulls eyes were after being zeroed. The one in zone 9 was when we let one of the engineers take a shot.
Mechanical work is complete and bodies are in full production. We have to finish some of the firmware. We currently are fine tuning the colors, optimizing night mode and a few other features prior to official launch.
We are very close.
Expected deliveries are expected to be: 5-18x September, 3-12x October (maybe September)"

Yes you read it right, there is a single shot zero clap

I have wanted to get into the NV realm for years but high quality gear has always been beyond my reach. When the news of the X-Sight first came up on my radar, I realized it was my opportunity to finally enter that realm. Delays are frustrating with any endeavor. I too have pre ordered and have been waiting, but if this scope does all ATN intends for it to do at this price point, I feel it will have been worth the wait.
Thanks for the update Sachal, hopefully Christmas will be early this year.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/16/14 02:33 PM

Sachal ATN -

I must admit that this thread has unraveled a bit from "good and solid" information about the X-sight so if I may ask that we all focus on being back

Lets see what we can do to get a bit more information out there ahead of the launch, of course we know you have bosses and such so if it isn't able to be shared then just let us know.

• Does the scope really weigh over 2 lbs? If so why so heavy? I can understand well-built but does ATN have any plans to reduce the weight in future versions.

• What wavelength (nm) of light does the IR operate at? What is the sweet spot (what does the scope see best in) for the X-sight. Some digital scopes like the 840nm and others fall to either side of that number but selecting an optional IR light will be dependent on the X-sights system

• Will you be able to turn off the metadata (i.e. GPS location information on the video/photo file) For obvious reasons some folks may not want to release where their hunting property is.

• What style of mount will the X-sight use. A Arms like the Thors or a fixed clamp design or....

• Will ATN continue to raise the pricing on the X-sight, early preorders were lower than current pricing (still pre-orders) and we can understand that first runs of products have unforeseen costs that drive up price - but next year and beyond is the goal of ATN to keep the pricing down and phase out your I^2 Gen 1 products.

Again welcome to the forum and we hope you will answer our inquiries not only for this product but all of your company's product.

HTXH

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/18/14 01:52 PM

Just in case some of you didn't see this at the Texas trophy hunter extravaganza (if you even went at all):

Pre-release orders for x-sight 5-18 including 16gb microSD card and batteries with free shipping $699 from exploreoptics.

Don't have any experience with this vendor, and the guy I talked to from there said they are expecting arrivals to hit their store in the next 3 weeks-ish, so he seemed to be in line with what Sachel was saying on here, but he may have gotten his info straight from here.

Just putting this out there for anyone interested cheers

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/18/14 01:58 PM

...and I think it was said that if you didn't have a pre-order in that it may be October before you could get one. Of course, that was when August was the delivery date...

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/18/14 03:22 PM

Quote:

Today is Monday. I am sure they will be shipping any minute now....

roflmao

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/18/14 06:57 PM

what..what is this Xsight 3-12???

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/18/14 07:02 PM

you are such a tease!!!! do I have to buy you dinner to get some action?

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/18/14 07:04 PM

you are such a tease!!!! do I have to buy you dinner to get some action?

lol, it just came in and wanted to share this info with you guys. I have a pretty hectic day ahead of me but I will reply to all the questions raised above.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/18/14 07:09 PM

Couldnt help but answer

• Does the scope really weigh over 2 lbs? If so why so heavy? I can understand well-built but does ATN have any plans to reduce the weight in future versions.
Answer: The scopes are built out of solid aluminum billet but surprisingly it is not that heavy. The optics is what makes the scope heavy but yes the 5-18 is around 2 lbs.

• What wavelength (nm) of light does the IR operate at? What is the sweet spot (what does the scope see best in) for the X-sight. Some digital scopes like the 840nm and others fall to either side of that number but selecting an optional IR light will be dependent on the X-sights system
Answer: The Xsight works well with 450nm but extremely well with the 840nm. We are also releasing our super powerful IR illuminator and should be available soon.

• Will you be able to turn off the metadata (i.e. GPS location information on the video/photo file) For obvious reasons some folks may not want to release where their hunting property is.
Answer: absolutely. No point wasting battery life if you aren’t using those features.

• What style of mount will the X-sight use. A Arms like the Thors or a fixed clamp design or....
Answer: Just a standard mount. I will post pictures shortly.

• Will ATN continue to raise the pricing on the X-sight, early preorders were lower than current pricing (still pre-orders) and we can understand that first runs of products have unforeseen costs that drive up price - but next year and beyond is the goal of ATN to keep the pricing down and phase out your I^2 Gen 1 products.
Answers: Prices would not go higher on the Xsight. The 3-12 will sell for $599 and the 5-18 will sell for $699. Gen 1 products would be phased out shortly. There is simply so much we can do with our Obsidian core, its mind boggling.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/18/14 07:26 PM

WOW 33,102 Views its a shame it's just me and five other guys hitting refresh every 2 minutes laugh

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/18/14 07:33 PM

No you aint either I been hitting it as well. Im curious as to the mounts myself. Can we use standard or picatanny rails required? Looking to put it on a .308 remmy 788 (if it ever comes)

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/18/14 07:33 PM

So weight of the 3x without that big lense is....

Thanks for answering the previous questions!

The super powerful IR light will be in what wavelength?

450nm, isn't that visible light???

HTXH

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/18/14 07:43 PM

Quote:

Not only is that visible, but it is in the blue-violent part of the spectrum.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/18/14 08:36 PM

HTXH

Yes, either get the 450 nm illuminator or just bring your flashlight... rofl

I'm going to go out on a limb a little bit here and suggest that what Sachal meant was they would be offering their 450 IR. It is 450 mw at 840 nm....

cheers

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/18/14 09:40 PM

OK, when looking at specs on this, it says a detachable IR illuminator. Does that mean the IR is not onboard and has to be purchased separately, or does this mean it can simply be detached?

I don't see any kind of IR illuminator in the pics Sachel put up or in any of the webpages I have looked at briefly. Or it could be that I am not fully versed in NV-speak...

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/18/14 09:45 PM

I had understood that they were going to supply it with the scope, but it has been vague on how "supply" was meant.

There is a rail on the scope to mount a variety of illuminators.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/19/14 03:40 AM

Appreciate that info. I guess time will tell what the package contents are, but from everything we have seen advertised it SHOULD come with some sort of IR illuminator, probably side mounted as mentioned on the rail.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/19/14 04:55 AM

I would expect that you need a strong external IR just like other digital night vision scopes.
Posted By: AP2020

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/19/14 04:57 AM

Got my 5x-18x preordered with Bearclaw!

Christmas in Christmas or maybe New Year's or even later!!

Either way....it should be worth the wait...

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/19/14 11:01 AM

Christmas of what year?

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/19/14 01:19 PM

Why is the 5x so popular? I would figure th 3-12 would be more desirable...

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/19/14 01:29 PM

Why is the 5x so popular? I would figure th 3-12 would be more desirable...

I have the pulsar N750 I wanted some thing a little more powerful.
Posted By: Jhop

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/19/14 11:53 PM

I think the 3-12 X-sight would be a better set-up for hunting than the 5-18 X-sight. You can dial the 3-12 up some if you need to too or get closer. However you can't go lower than 5 power on the 5-18 X-sight. I always keep my scopes on the lowest power setting for those quick unexpected opportunities. Seems like there's aways time to dial your scope if need be but seldom is there enough time to dial it down. Right now I have a fixed 6x Gen2+ scope. I made my decision based on the use of that scope. Just hope the X-sight comes close to the performance of the Gen2+ scope I have now.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/20/14 03:05 AM

Here's some pictures they posted on Facebook today.

Posted By: KRoyal

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/20/14 12:47 PM

Is the one on the tan gun the 3-12 and the bigger one the 5-18? I'm really interested in this sight, last night vision was a PVS14 knock off by sightmark and wasn't very happy with it. For the price I'll try one out. By the way since this is a digital night vision how exactly do you sight it in?

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/20/14 01:10 PM

Apparently it's a day or night scope. You take a shot than tell it where it hit and it zeros automatically

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/20/14 01:46 PM

Apparently it's a day or night scope. You take a shot than tell it where it hit and it zeros automatically

Yea I also like the fact that its day and night capable. That's awesome if it actually zero's itself. I tried finding a N750 zero video yesterday on youtube but couldn't find one.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/20/14 02:39 PM

Originally Posted By: KRoyal

Yea I also like the fact that its day and night capable. That's awesome if it actually zero's itself. I tried finding a N750 zero video yesterday on youtube but couldn't find one.

Sighting in this scope should be easier than sighting in the N750 due to the day/night mode with this scope. But the one shot zero with the N750 is super easy, it is pretty well explained in the owners manual and if you follow that it really does a good job getting the scope close to zeroed with two shots, the second shot confirming the zero. Basically, take a shot and see where it hits on target. Using the one shot zero system in the scope, you move one reticle to point of impact while holding the other reticle on intended target, then once you exit it automatically adjusts aim. Works well and is super easy.

Having that feature in this scope will be awesome, even if it isn't exactly the same set up, the concept will be the same.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/20/14 02:40 PM

Kroyal -

Digital sights, with the exception of Sightmark Photons, use menu driven inputs to change x/y coordinates which result in changes of impact to a specified measure. That unit of movement is dependent on screen resolution and sensor resolution so therefore the change in a value might be 3/4 inch for one scope and 1/2 inch for another @ 100 yards.

Don't bother looking up a Pulsar one shot zero video because we don't even know if it mirrors the approach of ATN for the X-sight. To be honest I rarely use the one-shot zero features because I always forget which reference point needs to be used to move while holding the other stationary, instead I find it easier to just take a couple of shots at 50 yards and adjust x/y the opposite direction that I desire to have the bullet move to.

Where the X-sight has a possible edge over other traditional and digital NV scopes will be for daytime zeroing. With a color screen and a zoom feature that doesn't degrade (says Sachal) at 2x then this will dramatically improve the ability to zero at 100 yards in daylight.

HTXH

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/20/14 02:55 PM

Gotcha I guess the waiting game starts. Lol I'm glad I just found this and haven't been waiting for it for as long as you guys have.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/20/14 03:17 PM

Quote:

If you have to tell it where the hit was, it isn't zeroing automatically. The one-shot zero process can be used with any scope, if you know what you are doing. Basically, you are just moving the crosshairs to the POI while holding on your original aim point, "telling the scope where the round impacted" and you are zeroed automatically, LOL.
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/21/14 01:45 AM

In what circumstance would the 3x be a better purchase than the 5x? Given the pre-order price difference of a $100, why would you get the smaller scope? Given ATN's earlier post on a .308 at the range, I take it that confirms .308 shock won't be a problem and is supported?

Thanks,
Charlie

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/21/14 02:01 AM

Yes, .308 is supported.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/21/14 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by CharlieCTx
In what circumstance would the 3x be a better purchase than the 5x? Given the pre-order price difference of a $100, why would you get the smaller scope? Given ATN's earlier post on a .308 at the range, I take it that confirms .308 shock won't be a problem and is supported?

Thanks,
Charlie

Hi Charlie -

Your question is probably one of the most frequently asked and belabored by consumers of these types of scopes.

As reference, here is a test I did last year on a 3.5x vs 5x digital scope. There is a lot going on in this video, even I find myself catching things I didn't quite pickup while putting the footage together or watching it over and over a few times BUT for starters to get to your question, open the video and pause it at the two following point(s)

Minute mark 3:49 vs 5:15

You should see that the differences of field of view is not limited to only along a horizontal plane but also relevant to the depth of view, study how much further up and down the hill you can see with the 3.5x (3:49) vs the 5x (5:15).

Hope this helps.

HTXH

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/21/14 12:21 PM

So weight of the 3x without that big lense is....

Thanks for answering the previous questions!

The super powerful IR light will be in what wavelength?

HTXH

Sachal - When you have a free moment can you answer the above questions and another as follows:

Will the user be able to independently change contrast and brightness of the viewfinder/display?

HTXH
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/22/14 03:48 AM

You should see that the differences of field of view is not limited to only along a horizontal plane but also relevant to the depth of view, study how much further up and down the hill you can see with the 3.5x (3:49) vs the 5x (5:15).

Hope this helps.

HTXH

Thanks for doing the video, that was really helpful!

Charlie
Posted By: mtnbowhunter

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/22/14 02:57 PM

when I enquired at TECHEYES in July/2014, about the x-sight 5-18x I was told by their Curtis Seaton via email that the x-sight from them would come complete with ATN's new IR illuminator/light included.

there is a lot of relatively useless gadgets/features that are really only best for marketing to a younger techy crowd on the x-sight.

what really matters is reliability,waterproof/fogging,optical quality and for a lot of us, especially the dark night capabilities
I hope all the gadgets do not impact the reliability of the unit

thanks to Sachal for answering some of the questions on the x-sight!!!

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/22/14 03:46 PM

Originally Posted By: mtnbowhunter
when I enquired at TECHEYES in July/2014, about the x-sight 5-18x I was told by their Curtis Seaton via email that the x-sight from them would come complete with ATN's new IR illuminator/light included.

there is a lot of relatively useless gadgets/features that are really only best for marketing to a younger techy crowd on the x-sight.

what really matters is reliability,waterproof/fogging,optical quality and for a lot of us, especially the dark night capabilities
I hope all the gadgets do not impact the reliability of the unit

thanks to Sachal for answering some of the questions on the x-sight!!!

welcome to the forum and thank you for your comments.

I understand where you are coming from on the gadgetry and in my opinion it really boils down to implementation of the scopes capabilities into an easy to use interface.

There are a good share of US consumers who have been operating computers and phones, going on 10 - 15 years now.

The concept of 1 billion data cycles per second shouldn't be downplayed afterall most full size computers (remember those big ugly towers) couldn't achieve that many cycles back in the late 80's / early 90's.

So if they make it easy to use the power of the processor this could get interesting even for the non-tech savvy users.

HTXH

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/22/14 08:36 PM

well to each their own
if the supposedly amazing little computer can give me a clean clear picture at 300yds on a coyote in brown grass on a dark night with minimal IR light then it is doing something!!
if I need gadgets I just use my iphone!!

in all fairness to ATN, the concept of this scope is great and I hope it does the important things well,
although the agonizingly slow wait is tough, they are doing the right thing by perfecting it before shipping. Could have had a lot better PR on that though!!!!

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/22/14 08:54 PM

Could have had a lot better PR on that though!!!!

Amen on that! partyon555

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/23/14 03:08 PM

SACHAL
Could you please verify if ATN is supplying their new IR Illuminator with the X-SIGHT when you buy it, I was told by Curtis Seaton at TECHEYES in July that the new illuminator would come with the X-sight.

Can you give us any info on the ATN new IR Illuminato? size, range, power levels,etc.

ONE of the faults of the x-sight that is readily apparent is that the IR light has to be mounted on the side when the top mount is a much better position.
side mounbting will give the firearm an unbalanced feel.

If you follow the digital NV scene in the UK (where it seems that they are well ahead of us on technology and useage) you will notice that they use a lot of high performance IR lights, usually custom built. These units give them incredible dark night range but are bigger and heavier. they would not work well with side mounting.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT!!!

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/23/14 04:12 PM

SACHAL
Could you please verify if ATN is supplying their new IR Illuminator with the X-SIGHT when you buy it, I was told by Curtis Seaton at TECHEYES in July that the new illuminator would come with the X-sight.

It is according to what you call new. He quoted the 450 which is a current ATN model (450 mw @ 840 nm). That doesn't seem sufficient, but we don't know the sensitivity of the sensor. If it is like others to date, it will not be enough for most people. They are supposedly going to come out with a stronger one soon.

ONE of the faults of the x-sight that is readily apparent is that the IR light has to be mounted on the side when the top mount is a much better position. side mounbting will give the firearm an unbalanced feel.

I think you're taking the weight of the illuminator a bit far. All of mine are mounted on the side and I have never noticed an unbalanced feel. A top mounting presents its own set of issues. Many blind windows are too short and would block the light path and may also present reflectivity issues. The weapon just becomes too tall and either doesn't fit in certin places or snags. A side mount is easier to adjust as well. I suspect most folks are good with side mount.

If you follow the digital NV scene in the UK (where it seems that they are well ahead of us on technology and useage) you will notice that they use a lot of high performance IR lights, usually custom built. These units give them incredible dark night range but are bigger and heavier. they would not work well with side mounting.

Yep, converse with them weekly. The same lights are available here. The really big ones are not all that usable for hunting. They (UK) use them more on DIY spotters and in open country. The multi-LED lights present a rather cumbersome reflectivity problem in addition to size and weight concerns. One thing many folks miss is that you want the power to some point, but in most hunting scenarios what you need just as much is the ability to control the light. I believe that not only focus is key, but the ability to dim is huge. The UNV 20IR does both, the others don't. The net is that those lights are available here, just not through the manufacturers yet. Standby however, there is something new coming... Isn't that always the case? up

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/23/14 05:19 PM

As noted, lateral balance concerns are a non-issue. The rotational force created by the imbalance would be negligible and quite seriously, the only folks apt to notice it while shooting are probably people too physically weak to hold the rifle. The imbalance should not affect your ability to carry or shoot the rifle and the imbalance will not affect the rifle's ballistic performance. Never mind that the scope has already screwed up the balance of the rifle, first by making it top heavy and second on the longitudinal axis.

But let's say you put the illuminator on top. Great. Now you can't access the controls. The controls need to be moved to the side. However, whichever side you put them on will be the wrong side for many shooters. The placement of the controls on top makes them ambidextrous.

It should be pointed out that lateral/side rails are common on NV scopes. Pulsar, Armasight, ATN, Luna, Night Optics, etc. have all gone with side mounted illuminators or have rails for side mounted illuminators or other accessories.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/23/14 08:15 PM

a lot of good points made here.
obviously, type of weapon,hunting conditions and personal preference are all a factor

if I need to mount my 3in ir illuminator on the top I am sure there will be a way to do it, time will tell.

as for the UNV 20IR, this style of light is widely used for various purposes including IR, I own 3 of this light type, just not the UNV one as in my opinion it is pricey for what you get.

The folks at Techeyes were referring to the new IR light that ATN is supposedly building with the x-sight in mind.

HOPEFULLY, Sachal can shed some light on the subject, pun intended

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/23/14 11:25 PM

Quote:
as for the UNV 20IR, this style of light is widely used for various purposes including IR, I own 3 of this light type, just not the UNV one as in my opinion it is pricey for what you get.

You have some other IR lights in mind that are comparable performers for less money?

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/24/14 01:25 AM

I built mine " T20 IR "
just be sure to get a 3 mode light and you may or may not want/need a remote tail switch

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/24/14 01:57 AM

I think you are in good shape for the X-Sight. Top mount will be difficult because of the scope controls though.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/24/14 01:39 PM

Quote:
I built mine " T20 IR "
just be sure to get a 3 mode light and you may or may not want/need a remote tail switch

Ah, now I see why you think Europe is so far ahead in technology. You are a DIYer. LOL, they do have their contraptions.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/24/14 03:47 PM

sorry, I forgot to put in my previous post to go to ebay and search T20 IR and several choices should come up.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/24/14 06:05 PM

Are we turning this thread into a t20 IR discussion?

Points made --- back to awaiting the X-sight

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/24/14 07:23 PM

Agreed ..

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/24/14 09:42 PM

sorry, there was no intention of turning this thread into a T20 discussion
THF , this forum, has done a great jog of rooting(hog talk!!) out some nice tidbits of info about the x-sight,THANKS!!!

I am hoping Sachal can set the record straight on whether or not an IR light will be supplied with the x-sight.
and, if he could give us some info on the new IR light ATN is developing (supposedly for the x-sight)that would be very helpful

to me, this is part and parcel with x-sight discussion/thread as the performance of the x-sight at longer distances on a dark night will be largely dependent on a quality IR light source.

personally, when I finally get my excited,sweaty hands on the x-sight I want to be able to get it up and working for dark night shooting as soon as possible. Delays caused by not having an appropriate IR light at that time would be very annoying to say the least!!! I have also been told that you only have 10 days in which to return the x-sight if you are not happy with it. that is a very short time.!!!! Can not test it properly for night performance with out IR light!!!!Thus Sachal, please fill us in on the IR light questions!!

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/24/14 10:03 PM

You said you had an IR light and if what you said is accurate, then you have more IR light than ATN is going to provide. You are good to go already.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/24/14 10:28 PM

sorry, there was no intention of turning this thread into a T20 discussion
THF , this forum, has done a great jog of rooting(hog talk!!) out some nice tidbits of info about the x-sight,THANKS!!!

I am hoping Sachal can set the record straight on whether or not an IR light will be supplied with the x-sight.
and, if he could give us some info on the new IR light ATN is developing (supposedly for the x-sight)that would be very helpful

to me, this is part and parcel with x-sight discussion/thread as the performance of the x-sight at longer distances on a dark night will be largely dependent on a quality IR light source.

personally, when I finally get my excited,sweaty hands on the x-sight I want to be able to get it up and working for dark night shooting as soon as possible. Delays caused by not having an appropriate IR light at that time would be very annoying to say the least!!! I have also been told that you only have 10 days in which to return the x-sight if you are not happy with it. that is a very short time.!!!! Can not test it properly for night performance with out IR light!!!!Thus Sachal, please fill us in on the IR light questions!!

I get it - we're all tied to our personal needs and circumstances related to purchasing and evaluating night vision and accessories. Your communicating concerns and questions valid to your situation but here is my point:

I believe you've made your question clear to Sachal, no less than 3 times, regarding the IR and hopefully he answers the question.

Thanks!

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/27/14 08:53 PM

just received an email updating on delivery of the x-sight 5-18x
from TECHEYES and they expect ATN to ship in 2 weeks and I quote " we believe this is the final delay after having a long and detailed meeting with ATN "

WE CAN ONLY HOPE!!!!!
Posted By: graywolfman

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/27/14 09:10 PM

I received that email too:

Hello,
We are contacting you to update you on your ATN X-Sight Pre Order. Well we have all made it this far now and are nearing a ship date for the ATN X-sight 5-18x. As of yesterday ATN is expected to ship these in 2 more weeks. We all know once it gets close they like to keep the anticipation but we believe that this is the final delay after having a long and detailed meeting with ATN.

We are still on pace for the shipment of the 3-12x in Late September/Early October! We are really hoping that they arrive sooner than this but cannot guarantee anything based on our previous experience.

Thank You,
Tech Eyes, LLC

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/28/14 12:17 AM

Originally Posted By: graywolfman

Hello,
We are contacting you to update you on your ATN X-Sight Pre Order. Well we have all made it this far now and are nearing a ship date for the ATN X-sight 5-18x. As of yesterday ATN is expected to ship these in 2 more weeks. We all know once it gets close they like to keep the anticipation but we believe that this is the final delay after having a long and detailed meeting with ATN.

We are still on pace for the shipment of the 3-12x in Late September/Early October! We are really hoping that they arrive sooner than this but cannot guarantee anything based on our previous experience.

Thank You,
Tech Eyes, LLC

confused2

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/28/14 12:59 AM

all we can hope for is that that this is a kick as day/night scope for the price when we finally getit!!!
Posted By: BlakeJ

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/28/14 11:18 AM

Y'all hurry up and get the 3-12 and give us some reviews!

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/28/14 12:22 PM

Hello,

Thank You,
Tech Eyes, LLC

LOL, we have been nearing the ship date for months now. We had the posts sometime back about how Cabela's had a confirmed ship date locked in that never materialized. Sachael said it would about 10 days ago, if the engineers worked out a problem that weekend, LOL.

It is always just about to happen, but then doesn't happen. Surely it will happen, some day, but any of these reports about how the X-sight is going to be shipping are nothing but blowing air up your skirt. At this point, nothing short of actual delivery can be believed.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/28/14 12:53 PM

Hello,

Thank You,
Tech Eyes, LLC

LOL, we have been nearing the ship date for months now. We had the posts sometime back about how Cabela's had a confirmed ship date locked in that never materialized. Sachael said it would about 10 days ago, if the engineers worked out a problem that weekend, LOL.

It is always just about to happen, but then doesn't happen. Surely it will happen, some day, but any of these reports about how the X-sight is going to be shipping are nothing but blowing air up your skirt. At this point, nothing short of actual delivery can be believed.

I highly suspect the its about to ship emails is just to get another wave of people to order. Isn't is getting close to being a year in preorder status? I hope other companies don't start following suit. This is pure ingenuous give the marketing team a raise they where able to collect money on a product a whole year before it was ever produced. :P

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/28/14 06:08 PM

Getting money is good. Pissing off customers and vendors with empty promises and claims is very bad. It is a short term gain with the potential for long term losses. If the scopes do eventually get delivered and are not perfect (the reason for the delay, after all), you can bet there will be a lot of dissatisfied customers sharing their ATN experience.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/29/14 07:19 PM

I thought I read this thread fairly well, but fail to see an answer to my question.

How will the x-sight ship? They say 2 weeks until shipping (if it ever happens) Now will ATN send them to the vendors and then they in turn send them , or will ATN direct ship? I havent seen this discussed and wondered if anyone knew yet.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/29/14 08:13 PM

Quote:
How will the x-sight ship? They say 2 weeks until shipping (if it ever happens) Now will ATN send them to the vendors and then they in turn send them , or will ATN direct ship? I havent seen this discussed and wondered if anyone knew yet.

Well, from who did you order? What do they say? I have no doubt that people who ordered from ATN will be direct shipped and people who ordered through vendors will get their product in at least a couple of different ways. They may pick up from the vendor directly, or may be shipped to by the vendor. Whether or not the scopes will be drop-shipped to the customer will be what was arranged by the vendor with ATN.

BTW, we are no longer at 2 weeks from the TechEyes' forecast date, but just 12 days.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/29/14 08:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Shadow357x2
I thought I read this thread fairly well, but fail to see an answer to my question.

If you order from ATN, it will come from ATN. If you order from a vendor, you can choose to receive from the vendor or from ATN.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/29/14 08:30 PM

[quote]

BTW, we are no longer at 2 weeks from the TechEyes' forecast date, but just 12 days.

Not doubting you but I doubt ATN , granted weve never been this close to a ship date but I will believe it when I see it.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/29/14 09:38 PM

...granted weve never been this close to a ship date but I will believe it when I see it.

We thought that at every promised ship date since January. But you are right, we are closer now than ever...whether it's two weeks or two years from now... up

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 08/29/14 11:12 PM

Quote:
Not doubting you but I doubt ATN , granted weve never been this close to a ship date but I will believe it when I see it.

I feel this way about the hogs I want to hunt with my X-sight. Even when they have not been around for several weeks, every day that passes is 1 day closer to when they will show up again. The only difference is that the hogs do show up. taz

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/02/14 11:54 AM

from TECHEYES and they expect ATN to ship in 2 weeks and I quote " we believe this is the final delay after having a long and detailed meeting with ATN "

WE CAN ONLY HOPE!!!!!

Just 7 more days until this proposed deadline is reached.

However, I checked the Cabela's website and it said 3-4 weeks.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/02/14 12:13 PM

Well, we all know Cabela's had the "word" a couple of months ago. rofl

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/02/14 01:22 PM

hmmm so they said the have 200 ready to ship. so how many people will be pissed off if that have to wait another few months for the second or third batch?

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/02/14 01:26 PM

I don't think they ever said they had 200 ready to ship. They said they had 200 units inbound over a month ago.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/02/14 02:46 PM

Really, I emailed with Sachal Baig,an ATN rep and he says they have 200 units inbound and will ship very soon.

Does that means it will happen? I don't know, but that is what he said.

I heard about the 200 from a friend of a friend laugh

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/02/14 04:43 PM

Sachal -

It has been two weeks since the last update, can you give us some new news?

Thanks!

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/02/14 10:36 PM

Quote:
Well, we all know Cabela's had the "word" a couple of months ago.

Right, it is hard to tell who knows when they will appear. All of Sachal's dates have come and gone several times now, even that recent one where he said they might ship on Monday if the bugs were worked out over the weekend. That was pretty funny. The Cabela's claims of a confirmed ship date failed miserably. Now Tech Eyes has one date and Cabela's has another.

Quote:
I heard about the 200 from a friend of a friend

Sure, or you have been reading about it here since JULY!

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/04/14 12:04 PM

Is this thing ever going to ship?? Man i'm seriously thinking about pulling my money out.. I dont care if mine gets shipped in the 3 batch at least I can see what the first batch think? and why have they yet to produce any videos. they claim to be just weeks away from shipping. its kind of strange to just ship things to people with out any product advertising or demo videos Only China does crap like that.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/04/14 12:16 PM

LOL, cyberpyrot, there is still 5 more days before the next deadline from Tech Eyes passes and then the 3-4 weeks prediction of Cabelas.

Quote:
its kind of strange to just ship things to people with out any product advertising or demo videos Only China does crap like that.

Well they don't just ship things to people unless people ordered them and people aren't apt to order them unless there has been some advertisement, which there has been. As for the lack of demo videos, you know if they had a working product that functioned as advertised, there would be videos. Hogrush had a prototype and briefly had a video posted, but had to pull it. We actually know a lot about the vaporware product based on advertising.

So your comparison to China really is pretty irrelevant. So far, ATN is performing like a US manufacturer that can't make good on its promises.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/04/14 12:19 PM

LOL, cyberpyrot, there is still 5 more days before the next deadline from Tech Eyes passes and then the 3-4 weeks prediction of Cabelas.

Quote:
its kind of strange to just ship things to people with out any product advertising or demo videos Only China does crap like that.

Well they don't just ship things to people unless people ordered them and people aren't apt to order them unless there has been some advertisement, which there has been. As for the lack of demo videos, you know if they had a working product that functioned as advertised, there would be videos. Hogrush had a prototype and briefly had a video posted, but had to pull it. We actually know a lot about the vaporware product based on advertising.

So your comparison to China really is pretty irrelevant. So far, ATN is performing like a US manufacturer that can't make good on its promises.

SHHH Im baiting me a ATN rep......

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/04/14 01:21 PM

rofl

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/07/14 11:00 AM

Dum Dee Dum, as we approach another failed shipping date. One question comes to mind, is it REALLY worth the wait that we are going through. ATN has really dropped the ball on this one, I would think they need to get a better pr staff on board. Sachel pops up and blows smoke up everyones bum and then when called out disappears again.
But to answer my own question is it really worth the wait, I answer with a definite Maybe but leaning to the no. Maybe just drop some more money and just get the pulsar, it works and dont really need all the cool bells and whixtles that the x-sight (or supposed x-sight) has on it.
One main thing I have been seen is the request for video from this unit, it cant be that secret that it cant be shown to the general public, but I will say they are good with photoshop for the advertising.
This experiance with ATN has really made me look at a respected company in a different light.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/07/14 02:29 PM

There are other products out there while awaiting the X-sight.

It is all circumstantial for each of us, I would say a few of us have NV on rifles and waiting for the X-sight is not a must but rather just wanting to take a new product for a spin.

If this were a 1k + unit I would have moved along and not looked back BUT it isn't, its stands to be a significant piece to entry level NV when and if it works as described.

As for the PR, I'm sure Sachal would have appreciated a better dealt hand to him for the X-sight. It isn't his fault that all deadlines have come and gone and that his company debuted an optic at SHOT 2014 that was nowhere near being completely functional.

I don't see this as a trend with ATN's other products so I am willing to wait for something new and groundbreaking AND give the company another chance in the future so long as they take away from this situation that this isn't the correct approach the debuting/producing/testing/releasing a product while logging sales and perking interests for months on end.

HTXH

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/07/14 04:22 PM

Quote:
As for the PR, I'm sure Sachal would have appreciated a better dealt hand to him for the X-sight. It isn't his fault that all deadlines have come and gone and that his company debuted an optic at SHOT 2014 that was nowhere near being completely functional.

It may not be his fault, but he is the mouthpiece for ATN and has proven wholly unreliable, be it as him personally or him as the representative for the company. The bottom line is that ATN has failed to deliver repeatedly and Sachal as the frontman is the one making the statements.

Trends start somewhere. I would certainly be hesitant to pre-order from ATN in the future or hope to rely on ATN to deliver on time in the future. As Sachal noted at the AR15.com pajama party NV event back in May, ATN was supposedly working to change their image with consumers. I would say that the X-Sight fiasco has not done well for this cause.

It is still vaporware until the product reaches the consumers. That isn't a rumor, Sachal, that is reality.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/vaporware

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/07/14 04:29 PM

I fully understand that there are more products than the x-sight and own several. Its just supposedly a new toy if it ever makes it to market.
As for Sachal I understand it is not his fault entirely BUT he is a representitive of the company therefore he does bear the brunt of the blame. Several people on here have asked valid questions about the device and since the sudden appearance and dissappearance a few weeks ago the has been no sign of him to answer those. Granted he does have another life than this forum but very simple questions could have been answered in this time frame, IF it is really him and not someone just posing as him.
Look at techeyes fb page and they post the same thing over and over again , nothing but a photo and specs its redundent every day sometimes severl times a day. Granted Techeyes is a distributer but they as well have been caught up in this fine mess that ATN has created.
Looks like ATN needs to change their marketing dept a few engineers and wait for future realeases until they can produce results instead of promises that keep vaporizing.
I will more than likely order again from them in the future as I have in the past but it wont be anywhere simular to this fiasco. I would love to see how many people are really in OUR shoes on this preorder that arent speaking up, how many of those customrs will ATN lose? No marketing in the world can overcome word of mouth and reviews posted out there.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/07/14 05:33 PM

I would love to see how many people are really in OUR shoes on this preorder that arent speaking up, how many of those customrs will ATN lose? No marketing in the world can overcome word of mouth and reviews posted out there.

I understand your frustration as it is for valid cause.

What I'd prefer is that a separate thread be started for the PR side of the X-sight and that we attenpt to keep this thread on track for product specific information.

It'll serve the community better in the long run if others don't have to wade through pages of expectations and promises that didn't marry up.

I appreciate your understanding on this request.

HTXH

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/07/14 05:42 PM

I would love to see how many people are really in OUR shoes on this preorder that arent speaking up, how many of those customrs will ATN lose? No marketing in the world can overcome word of mouth and reviews posted out there.

What I'd prefer is that a separate thread be started for the PR side of the X-sight and that we attenpt to keep this thread on track for product specific information.

It'll serve the community better in the long run if others don't have to wade through pages of expectations and promises that didn't merry up.

HTXH

After reading through all 19 pages of this thread it seems useless to start another one when there isnt a single page here that doesnt address the same concerns that I have stated.
As far as the product information please show me something in here that has educated us more than ATN has on their site, all the info we have is basically the same as the spec sheet.
As I stated earlier there are very valid questions that have been asked and not answered by the person claiming to be Sachal and have not been answered.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/07/14 06:43 PM

It'll serve the community better in the long run if others don't have to wade through pages of expectations and promises that didn't merry up.

HTXH

After reading through all 19 pages of this thread it seems useless to start another one when there isnt a single page here that doesnt address the same concerns that I have stated.
As far as the product information please show me something in here that has educated us more than ATN has on their site, all the info we have is basically the same as the spec sheet.
As I stated earlier there are very valid questions that have been asked and not answered by the person claiming to be Sachal and have not been answered.

I wouldn't expect you to understand the intent of the thread being that your shown post count and join date both indicate you're new here.

The purpose of this thread and most of my past "my next acquisition" posts is to consolidate information on specific products from all sources (UK websites, social media hubs, other forums, etc) and bring them here to THF to hopefully assist this community with ease of reference.

Nobody foresaw the X-sights delays.

If there are ZERO additional posts to this thread from now until the product actually arrives, sobeit. I'd actually prefer that to countless additional pages of beating a dead horse

HTXH

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/07/14 06:58 PM

HTXH

I wouldn't expect you to understand the intent of the thread being that your shown post count and join date both indicate you're new here.

The purpose of this thread and most of my past "my next acquisition" posts is to consolidate information on specific products from all sources (UK websites, social media hubs, other forums, etc) and bring them here to THF to hopefully assist this community with ease of reference.

Nobody foresaw the X-sights delays.

If there are ZERO additional posts to this thread from now until the product actually arrives, sobeit. I'd actually prefer that to countless additional pages of beating a dead horse

HTXH

So now post count comes into play, does that have anything to do with the x-sight as you requested earlier. My understanding is just as good as anyone with 10000 post. This is Childish on your part. Take it for what its worth. I havent violated any rules of the forum but only asked questions that apparently has ruffled feathers.
The title of the thread is " My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope" nothing about the technical side of it even though the tech side is appreciated. You call me out on my posts but I think you need to look in the mirror.
Im finished with this bantering thats going on that even 2 year olds dont do. If you need to converse futher about this do it by pm and leave the thread back to the x-sight. Im finished with it here but will still ask a question or make a statement if I feel it needs to be addressed.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/08/14 03:13 PM

Spent half an hour on hold trying to get a refund... Finally i'm free I will wait till there actually in stores before I purchase. I'm fine with using my N750 this season.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/08/14 05:55 PM

Seems that a few people are getting a little upset, copied from ATN's FB, it will probably get deleted. I do like the point about the preproduction video with a disclaimer, that would be a good sign even though not a final release.

It makes it difficult to have patience when several ship dates have been promised and ALL have since gone without results. It was my undestanding that ATN wanted to change their image. Not a good way to do it. Having had a 5-18 unit ordered since Feb 20 I am seriously debating going with a different manufacturer even though I have been a faithful ATn customer for quite a few years. As a customer it seems that that the engineers need to get on the ball or be replaced. This was presented at the 2013 shot show and we are rapidly comming up on a year, it is seriously looking like vaporware. The questions about videos or even real images are valid and seems that ATN doesnt really have anything to offer. Even a preproduction video with a disclaimer would suffice. Two weeks ago Sachal promised a delivery, now that has passed and he has failed to explain or even show up anywhre where he posted this info.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/08/14 06:35 PM

Er, uh, it was presented at the 2014 SHOT Show in January.

I would have stopped posting too if I were Sachal. He was/is stuck between trying to placate the masses for his company when things aren't going as plannned and the customer. It's a tough spot that many companies have placed employees in.

Clearly, there are issues that they are working to solve so that the product performs as represented when you get it. If there were video or stills that they were happy with, it would only make sense that they would share them at this point.

BTW, I would never do business with a dealer that requires a deposit on a pre-order. This situation is the perfect reason why. Techeyes already posted a review even though they could not possibly have tested a production unit.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/08/14 06:55 PM

I caught the 2013 as well maybe they had fat fingers or something , who knows?

I would like to know if I need to go ahead and order some picatinny blanks or not. I havent seen (or just missed it) exactly how they are to mount up.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/08/14 06:58 PM

I caught the 2013 as well maybe they had fat fingers or something , who knows?

I would like to know if I need to go ahead and order some picatinny blanks or not. I havent seen (or just missed it) exactly how they are to mount up.

They mount on vapor-rails

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/08/14 06:59 PM

I don't think it was at the 2013 show. I believe they will come ready to mount om picatinny rails. There is a side mount on the scope for an illuminator.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/08/14 07:10 PM

Your right it is the 2014 show. I saw the side mount , really I just wanted an excuse to order a couple of machinist blanks to play with, just was curious about this model. looking to mount on a old rem 788 in .308 and run it through its paces whenever we manage to get ahold of one.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/08/14 08:18 PM

up

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/08/14 10:55 PM

WE CAN ONLY HOPE!!!!!

The countdown continues. Just a couple more days...

Cabela's still shows 2-3 weeks. I currently have 6 in my shopping cart from checking the ship date. ninja

Quote:

Techeyes already posted a review even though they could not possibly have tested a production unit.

Amazon has 2 reviews.
http://www.amazon.com/ATN-DGWSXS312A-3-12X-X-Sight-Vision/product-reviews/B00B0BB4SK

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/10/14 10:16 AM

Looks like my buddy called tech eyes yesterday and got his money back as well. I guess people would rather wait till there actually in stores before spending money.
Posted By: Bar-D

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/10/14 01:04 PM

Email from yesterday afternoon:
We are contacting you to update you on your ATN X-Sight Pre Order. Well we have all made it this far now and are nearing a ship date for the ATN X-sight but we are yet again seeing another delay on the 5-18x. As of today ATN is expected to ship these in October just a few weeks before the 3-12x. Sorry we do not have better information for you at this time but we are always here to take your questions, comments and concerns.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/10/14 01:39 PM

Looks like my buddy called tech eyes yesterday and got his money back as well. I guess people would rather wait till there actually in stores before spending money.

I would look for a vendor that doesn't require money down or a deposit for your pre-order. IMHO it doesn't make much sense to me to take someone's money on a product with no legitimate delivery date.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/10/14 02:07 PM

Quote:
Email from yesterday afternoon:
We are contacting you to update you on your ATN X-Sight Pre Order. Well we have all made it this far now and are nearing a ship date for the ATN X-sight but we are yet again seeing another delay on the 5-18x. As of today ATN is expected to ship these in October just a few weeks before the 3-12x. Sorry we do not have better information for you at this time but we are always here to take your questions, comments and concerns.

And to think that TODAY was the ship date announced from two weeks ago via Tech Eyes.

Cabela's still shows 2-3 weeks.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/10/14 03:02 PM

I would look for a vendor that doesn't require money down or a deposit for your pre-order. IMHO it doesn't make much sense to me to take someone's money on a product with no legitimate delivery date.

even ATN charged my CC# for the preorder. That's why I requested a refund every time they miss a ship date more promises are made and broken. They may very well make this promised ship date but for me I would just rather get it from a local store. also if there having this many issues first adopters are going to be screwed. I will wait for the 2nd revision after all the first adop... Errr Testers are done.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/10/14 04:15 PM

I just found this from Scott Country. Posted today. It is represented as video from the 5 - 18X X-Sight. The video states the daytime image is at 34 yards and the night image is at 18 meters. SC is is known to be reputable and I believe the video is real. Now, why couldn't ATN either do this for us or let their vendors do it? Note: Still no crosshairs in the video. That is clearly proving to be a problem.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/10/14 04:44 PM

Just a little more bait...

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/10/14 10:49 PM

pretty useless video other than it shows the zoom
stupidly close ranges to test at, only bird and rat hunters would be shooting at those ranges,as you said no cross hairs!!!
some game cameras work as good as that at 18m
pathetic!!!

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/11/14 03:08 AM

EXACTLY and PRECISELY why I pre-ordered with you Tyler! [in fact, you even told me to save my money until you actually get them in].

In 2 months or 4 months....I really don't care. I have bow season coming up here in Ohio!

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/11/14 11:16 PM

I'm OUT! LOL
Sightmark Photon XT 4.6x42 here I come!

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/12/14 03:54 AM

Update description on ATN's website for the X-sight: Source Link

ATN HUNTING SCOPES

It used to be that when you needed a scope, you looked at one thing: magnification and maybe, weight and size if you needed to conceal it. There weren’t always hunting scopes, or marksman scopes, they only had one difference, degree of magnification. But, that was then, this is the 21st century. The 21st century deserves a scope as advanced and futuristic as the century it was built in. It needs a scope that’s customizable for any task, any mission, any place, and any light level, and that scope is ATN’s Digital Rifle Scope, the X-Sight.

The X-Sight is a Day and Night Vision Rifle Scope, meaning that it has a night vision sensor, and it can be turned on or off, so that during the day, you look through the scope like any other scope, albeit an HD scope, but at night or in darkness, the sensor can be turned on and you can see through the scope like a night vision scope.

The X-Sight features the Obsidian core which is also in the BinoX line of digital binoculars. This lets the X-Sight process data at lightning speed. Night vision will come at a much faster rate to the eye piece, as well as contributing to a really fast, smooth, and intuitive UI experience.
The X-Sight can also be used as a Hunting Rifle Scope, and is already considered to be one of the best Hunting Scopes available due to its gyroscopic image stabilization technology. A smoother image at higher zooms equates to more hits at higher distances, at distances where in the pass an issue that could prevent a perfect shot would be shaky hands or even breathing.

As well as being praised by hunters for its superior hunting optics, this scope is praised by all types of shooters as being the best rifle scope. With an incredible digital high definition display, as well as digital smooth zoom technology which allows for zooming in and out with unprecedented ease for a scope. This Scope also features GPS and Geo-Tagging, so you can see exactly where you found, stalked to, and killed your prey, as well as documenting your journey or hunt, something no other scope can do.

I asked Scott Country in the UK (the vendor that created the video that DFWRoadkill posted) if they could share the file properties off the video file from the X-sight, here is a screen pic of what they captured

Basically the scope doesn't record an uncompressed High Definition (HD) stream, this wouldn't be practical as the amount of space on a microSD card would quickly be used up for a few minutes of video. When compression of a format is used the data stream is containerized in a file format, in this case .MOV and the style of formatting/compression differs based on CODECs. This is probably somewhat foreign to some users however this all comes into play when you take that microSD card and transfer the file to your computer, depending on whether you are running Windows (XP, 7, 8, etc), MAC, or some other platform when you click on the file on your PC you may get an error or warning messages that the file cannot be played back or is corrupt. DONT DELETE IT! Instead you will just need to find an appropriate program to open the file with, VLC player is a pretty good Universal program that is FREE and operates on multiple-platforms.

With the recording happening on scope this makes it easier than using DVRs and managing cables and wires on the gun but you'll find that the real fun begins when you get the file back to the house and attempt to share it.

Maybe a THF'er reading this will find it in their heart to do us up a tutorial on file transfer, transcoding (compressing or recontainerizing a file), and uploading to Youtube or other Internet file host sites.

HTXH

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/12/14 01:40 PM

As well as being praised by hunters for its superior hunting optics, this scope is praised by all types of shooters as being the best rifle scope.

Really? It would be nice to hear from the hunters and shooters that have used it. I wasn't aware that it had been so widely accepted before it has even been released...

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/12/14 01:44 PM

As well as being praised by hunters for its superior hunting optics, this scope is praised by all types of shooters as being the best rifle scope.

Really? It would be nice to hear from the hunters and shooters that have used it. I wasn't aware that it had been so widely accepted before it has even been released...

Then you have underestimated the awesomeness of the X-sight... Shame on you.

lol35

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/12/14 01:45 PM

Ben,

I guess I am missing something. I say that straight up and maybe you can explain. The scope produces a .mov video file according to the posting. That file can be used by pretty much all players and processors.

Thanks!! up

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/12/14 01:47 PM

lol35

Hehe!! rofl

Got my new Sightmark Photon XT on order with www.ultimatenightvision.com up

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/12/14 01:49 PM

lol35

Hehe!! rofl

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/12/14 01:50 PM

lol35

Hehe!! rofl

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/12/14 02:46 PM

Ben,

I guess I am missing something. I say that straight up and maybe you can explain. The scope produces a .mov video file according to the posting. That file can be used by pretty much all players and processors.

Thanks!! up

My Angel Eyes DVR recorded files in .AVI and my MAC wouldn't play those.

Technology is awesome, when it works, I suspect at the price point the X-sight is going to sell for that the population of night hunters will substantially increase and that the probability of video editing issues will also increase as users look to not just open files on computers but also edit and share the files.

I was one of those guys in 1995 who was hoping for a universal video format, one file to rule them all - like a .jpeg

crazy

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/12/14 02:51 PM

Thanks for the insights, Ben. Sounds like more smoke and mirrors from ATN. Instead of using such grandiose verbiage, ATN could resolve user doubts with a simple demo video, but apparently, they can't pull that together at this early date. To put this into terms relevant to what ATN had to say, the X-Sight is all thunder and no lightning. roflmao

Quote:
This lets the X-Sight process data at lightning speed.

Computational speed usually isn't given in terms natural events, but just so that we are clear, lightning speed is approximately 3700 mph, which is fast, but the speed of lightning is much slower than the speed of light.
http://www.komonews.com/weather/faq/4347976.html

Quote:
Night vision will come at a much faster rate to the eye piece, as well as contributing to a really fast, smooth, and intuitive UI experience.

Intuitive user interface experience? I wonder what is intuitive. I know it isn't the controls. Maybe they mean it will be intuitive after you learn how everything works. Of course, that isn't really intuitive, but learned.

Quote:
The X-Sight can also be used as a Hunting Rifle Scope, and is already considered to be one of the best Hunting Scopes available due to its gyroscopic image stabilization technology.

I remember when the Ford Pinto was stated by Ford to be one of the safest commuter vehicles on the road. Outside confirmation is lacking.

Quote:

Well, we know Hogrush had one and briefly had a video on Youtube that showed daylight targeting where the scope functioned, but the image was well off center. I think ATN is using extensive in-house sampling to justify these statements.

Quote:
With an incredible digital high definition display, as well as digital smooth zoom technology which allows for zooming in and out with unprecedented ease for a scope.

I keep watching the Scott County video above. Apparently, "digital smooth zoom technology" means stutter-stop, herky-jerky zoom technology.
---------------------------------------

Quote:
This is probably somewhat foreign to some users however this all comes into play when you take that microSD card and transfer the file to your computer, depending on whether you are running Windows (XP, 7, 8, etc), MAC, or some other platform when you click on the file on your PC you may get an error or warning messages that the file cannot be played back or is corrupt. DONT DELETE IT! Instead you will just need to find an appropriate program to open the file with, VLC player is a pretty good Universal program that is FREE and operates on multiple-platforms.

If you are using Windows, then Windows Movie Maker (which either came with your machine or can be downloaded for free from Microsoft) will handle MOV files just fine, but apparently Windows Media Player does not play MOV files.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/12/14 03:25 PM

MAC, well, there's your problem. My PC always played Angel Eyes vids fine... rofl

If you are using Windows, then Windows Movie Maker (which either came with your machine or can be downloaded for free from Microsoft) will handle MOV files just fine, but apparently Windows Media Player does not play MOV files.

Update your Windows Media Player. Windows Media Player 12 plays them fine. Windows Movie Maker can accept it as a .mov and save it as a .wmv if you prefer.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/12/14 04:27 PM

MAC, well, there's your problem. My PC always played Angel Eyes vids fine... rofl

Update your Windows Media Player. Windows Media Player 12 plays them fine. Windows Movie Maker can accept it as a .mov and save it as a .wmv if you prefer.

Download the Gopro editing software for mac/win it is free and does some awesome stuff
Posted By: Harley7892

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/12/14 04:56 PM

What did you say? I'm old and not that smart, but what did you say?

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/12/14 04:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Harley7892
What did you say? I'm old and not that smart, but what did you say?

I said sell your Gen 1 scope and join the digital revolution.

up

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/12/14 05:38 PM

Download the Gopro editing software for mac/win it is free and does some awesome stuff

Gonna have to check it out... up

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/12/14 09:01 PM

Quote:
Update your Windows Media Player. Windows Media Player 12 plays them fine.

What? You think I am Mr. Wizard now?

Actually, I thought I had automatic updates. Apparently, that was on the old computer.

Thanks! up

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/12/14 09:32 PM

Hehe!!

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/13/14 12:19 AM

So, Atn is planning a BIG announcement early next week. I wonder what its going to be this time? Oh wait another delay as has been in the past or maybe a definite maybe on a ship date.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/13/14 07:20 PM

when the x-sight is finally shipped and delivered (note my optimism) I do hope one of our forum members will start a new thread just on x-sight findings / usage to allow us all to share in how to get the most out of the x-sight!!!!

once x-sights are delivered I think this thread will have served its purpose !!!!!

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/13/14 08:28 PM

when the x-sight is finally shipped and delivered (note my optimism) I do hope one of our forum members will start a new thread just on x-sight findings / usage to allow us all to share in how to get the most out of the x-sight!!!!

once x-sights are delivered I think this thread will have served its purpose !!!!!

So 2015...?

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/13/14 08:40 PM

Yes, 2015 should be the delivery of the first scopes if things go well. Usually, the first generation scopes have bugs, but ATN is keeping all the first generation scopes for themselves to test while we wait. I am sure all the scopes shipped will operate perfectly, or the new X-Sight thread won't be as kind as this one.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/13/14 08:56 PM

the above 2015 delivery date and first generation hold back -is that a joke, or???

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/13/14 08:59 PM

the must have gagged Sachal or canned him!!!!!
Posted By: Jhop

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/13/14 11:03 PM

the must have gagged Sachal or canned him!!!!!
With all the optimism displayed in this thread he probably decided it was a lost cause providing information here. Patience is a virtue, some have it some don't.
Posted By: DavidK

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/14/14 09:18 PM

The sad part is ATN updates. Never seen another company spew so much BS as Sachal. He should have just said 'not F'ing'sure'. I mean, because he couldn't have been sure, otherwise we would have had them back in April when he first said.

Really poor customer relations, what is his job anyways? I know if he worked for me, I know what his job would be after this, unemployment.

So anyways, hey everyone, I just wanted to get you all excited for another major announcement next week, like the other 20 so I make sure your are still pre-ordering them just so when they are not ready yet in January, that we have your money.

Must be to fix all the design flaws, notice how the price went up already from what was originally advertised? Why do you think that was?

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/14/14 09:59 PM

expensive to buy the kind of publicity/hype that all these delays have caused online
I hope this is not a new wave of promoting style!!!
atn should offer anyone who has been preordered for more than 60 days and put money down a nice big $150 cash rebate just to make up for all the BS!!!

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/15/14 11:56 PM

I heard from a friend of a friend who's cousin's sister's uncle who worked as a bathroom attendant at ATN he over heard two exec's talking about it shipping next week.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/17/14 02:03 AM

I didn't get any notifications in my email today. Is something wrong with this thread?

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/17/14 03:29 AM

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/17/14 12:18 PM

Pulled my money out of the ATN bank and bought this.. since I own the N750 I figured I could use this more.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/17/14 12:25 PM

Now you are posting like skypup.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/17/14 12:33 PM

Sorry man pull me back from the darkness.. I will purchase the X-sight when it hits the stores.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/17/14 01:57 PM

rofl clap rofl

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/17/14 04:35 PM

So what was the big announcement? Or did the delay that too?

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/17/14 10:44 PM

Here is the BIG ANNOUCEMENT posted to ATN's facebook an hour ago.

Everyone thank you for your patience. We understand that it has been a long time coming but we have some great news. The initial launch firmware is complete on the X-Sights and we are now into full production. We anticipate shipments to start going out to customers mid October.

Videos in both day and night modes will be posted as we film them in the coming days.

Once again thank you for your patience. We can’t wait to start sharing these units with you.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/17/14 10:47 PM

So another delivery date?

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/17/14 11:36 PM

So another delivery date?

Correct, reading it literally they opted for "anticipate" in lieu of "will"

popcorn

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/18/14 12:41 AM

They aren't sharing diddly. They are SELLING. I notice they still didn't say what year.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/18/14 01:30 AM

There are now over 10,000 units pre-ordered. You read that right.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/18/14 01:54 AM

HERE WE GO AGAIN !!!!!!

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/18/14 03:00 AM

There are now over 10,000 units pre-ordered. You read that right.

Hahahahha and they only squeezed out 200 of them to start.

What is that 2% of demand?

EPIC

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/18/14 03:13 AM

Wonder how long it will take to clear the pre orders
Posted By: SkyPup

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/18/14 12:09 PM

Na, no where even near.....

Although your posts are just like Satchels..... aim

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/18/14 12:10 PM

I heard from a friend of a friend who's cousin's sister's uncle who worked as a bathroom attendant at ATN he over heard two exec's talking about it shipping next week.

I heard that story too, it's all over the internet! clap

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/18/14 12:11 PM

rofl clap rofl

clap cheers

LMAO! Interesting that you would take the time and make the effort to inject me into a bottom feeder thread like this....?

I spend all day in the Cancer Chemo Treatment Center taking care of my wife to come home to read this! sick

Very nice indeed... banana

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/18/14 12:54 PM

Quote:
LMAO! Interesting that you would take the time and make the effort to inject me into a bottom feeder thread like this....?

I spend all day in the Cancer Chemo Treatment Center taking care of my wife to come home to read this!

You are the one who posts wildly unrelated pics and info in threads. Unless your wife is waiting on an X-sight, playing the unrelated sympathy card AGAIN doesn't work. She isn't the only one with cancer.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/18/14 12:58 PM

Skypup, best wishes to your wife. My mother and wife are survivors.

cheers

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/18/14 01:04 PM

So are my folks as am I, but what does that have to do with ATN X-Sight? We all have trials and tribulations outside of the forum on unrelated matters. That's life.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/18/14 02:13 PM

Quote:

I spend all day in the Cancer Chemo Treatment Center taking care of my wife to come home to read this!

You are the one who posts wildly unrelated pics and info in threads. Unless your wife is waiting on an X-sight, playing the unrelated sympathy card AGAIN doesn't work. She isn't the only one with cancer.

Thanks Boss, I only expect the BEST from the likes of you! clap

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/18/14 02:14 PM

Skypup, best wishes to your wife. My mother and wife are survivors.

cheers

Thank you kindly, we are all survivors......in one way or another.

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/18/14 02:15 PM

So are my folks as am I, but what does that have to do with ATN X-Sight? We all have trials and tribulations outside of the forum on unrelated matters. That's life.

You were the one that brought me into this thread, I did not bring myself into this thread.

Nice joke.....thanks for all the laughs for bringing me into the ATN X-Sight for lowlifes.... clap

Re: My next acquisition to the hog slaying arsenal - ATN X-sight Digital NV scope - 09/18/14 06:38 PM

I've requested Moderator assistance on this thread and have respectfully asked that it be closed immediately.

It is unfortunate that we, as a online community, cannot maintain focus on a topic of interest and do so without attacks pointed towards others.

This is my last post on this thread regardless of Moderator action.

Treat others as you'd have them treat you and have a nice day.

Ben
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum