Just curious as I am skeptical

Big Beckett!!
Re: Anyone have Ozonics reviews?? [Re: Ramsey] #5129161 05/27/14 03:01 AM
B
bkj Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Me too! I've been wandering if it really works myself. It would be great to hear from somebody that isn't trying to sell me one if it really works.

Re: Anyone have Ozonics reviews?? [Re: Ramsey] #5129178 05/27/14 03:20 AM
H
Hirogen Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
H
One thing they won't tell you is that in no time flat ozone will exhaust the scent control carbon in any clothing or blinds that you own. It will also give you a headache and will actually shorten the lifespan of your clothes, boots and anything else it contacts in much the same manner that bleach does in your laundry. May also cause corrosion of metal parts in blinds, firearms and bows.

The ozone will destroy scent molecules but whether it destroys enough of them or not - who knows. The ozone will be smelled by the deer and they may spook from that smell. It is a naturally occurring smell but in nature is only associated with close proximity to a lightning strike - so not that common and something that may actually alarm the deer.

The actual chemical process that destroys the scent is oxidation and is the same process that causes rust, whitening of bone with peroxide (euro mounts) or whitening of clothes with bleach. The difference is that molecule for molecule ozone is far more powerful than bleach or peroxide.

I think it is just a gimmick designed to take your money - like a lot of other hunting products. Scout and play the wind and the rest will fall into place.

Last edited by Hirogen; 05/27/14 03:25 AM.

Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend
Re: Anyone have Ozonics reviews?? [Re: Ramsey] #5129291 05/27/14 05:30 AM
Ramsey Offline OP
Pepe' Le Pew
OP Offline
Pepe' Le Pew
Thank You for the review. Some of these products are like politicians

Big Beckett!!
Re: Anyone have Ozonics reviews?? [Re: Ramsey] #5129301 05/27/14 05:39 AM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms
Originally Posted By: Ramsey

It is a scent control product...therefore, it is crap. Hunt the wind

And before anyone argues with me, try this. Once you can find a product that would allow your dog to take crap in your bedroom, but by using your scent control product, you can't smell it...I might be interested. My guess is you might be able to reduce the stench, but there will still be the smell of dog crap.

Better yet, take your dogs food into a room and cover it. Use your scent control to cover the smell and see if the dog finds their food. Now you are testing a sense of smell closer to a deer, but still less sensitive and not fighting for survival. Let me know if your dog ends up starving to death.

My 2cents

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Anyone have Ozonics reviews?? [Re: txshntr] #5129869 05/27/14 03:52 PM
S
Schpanky Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Originally Posted By: txshntr
Originally Posted By: Ramsey

It is a scent control product...therefore, it is crap. Hunt the wind

And before anyone argues with me, try this. Once you can find a product that would allow your dog to take crap in your bedroom, but by using your scent control product, you can't smell it...I might be interested. My guess is you might be able to reduce the stench, but there will still be the smell of dog crap.

Better yet, take your dogs food into a room and cover it. Use your scent control to cover the smell and see if the dog finds their food. Now you are testing a sense of smell closer to a deer, but still less sensitive and not fighting for survival. Let me know if your dog ends up starving to death.

My 2cents

Agreed...not much you can do to get around that nose....all the scent control gimmicks certainly help, but I do not believe you can be upwind from a deer and get away with it.

Last edited by Schpanky; 05/27/14 03:53 PM.
Re: Anyone have Ozonics reviews?? [Re: Ramsey] #5129877 05/27/14 03:56 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
My take on these gimmicks is that they work only for those that get them for free to promote them. They quit working for those people after they have to pay for them. How you use the wind makes or breaks your hunt.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Anyone have Ozonics reviews?? [Re: Ramsey] #5130159 05/27/14 06:34 PM
B
bkj Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
I figured it was a gimmick! Thanks guys for y'all's input! I'm glad Ramsey posted the question! This will save me money and sounds like frustration. I will be hunting the wind!

Re: Anyone have Ozonics reviews?? [Re: Ramsey] #5130371 05/27/14 08:17 PM
P
Phantom Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
P
I am big on wind but I bought one last year out of curiosity. Sometimes when guiding you could really use extra protection. In a stand it works great. you have to keep air flow and the unit needs to be upwind. It worked great in the set ups I used it for. I took it bow hunting attached to the tree above my head and I had two doe lie down directly downwind of me. They never knew I was there. It is worth it for me but I am not worried about harming my camo.

Good is the enemy of Great
Re: Anyone have Ozonics reviews?? [Re: Ramsey] #5131147 05/28/14 02:40 AM
B
Big Kid X21 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
B
I have been using one form of scent control or another for several years now. I am a bow hunter 95% of the time, so getting em in close matters to me. Yes in a perfect world the wind would always be perfect every time we want to get in our stands. But let's be honest, it's not typical for ALL the stars to line up. And even if they do, my experience has been that a big ole slick head or a mature buck will nearly always circle and approach a food source from down wind. With that said......

I started 5 years ago trying to give myself some sort, heck any sort, of an advantage over a whitetails nose. I started by simply bathing in scent free soaps and washing my clothes in scent free detergent and then keeping them in trash bags to and from the woods. I had plenty of encounters where I felt like those steps were advantageous. Three years ago I added the scent lock type outerwear to my arsenal. Again I had many instances that no doubt in my pre-odor control days would have yielded flags and alerted deer. Then two years ago I added Ozonics (I'm not sponsored by anyone except my own hard work) and all I can say is that now I truly forget about what the wind is doing and I now hunt when the trail cam pics say its time. The first year I used all of these things I killed my biggest buck ever 157 3/8 at 17 yards honestly straight downwind. This was a 6.5 yr old whitetail by the way. Then last year my dad (using all the same products) harvested his best archery buck ever as well. That was a 5.5 yr old deer that we haven't had scored yet, but, will surely be in the mid 60's at least. This buck circled down wind down wind as well and was shot broadside at 11 yards. Now that may be coincidental some may say, but, I'm convinced that these things are in fact worth considering. I seriously set up my stands now to be in the shade in the morning and or evenings giving little consideration to prevailing winds.

Re: Anyone have Ozonics reviews?? [Re: Ramsey] #5144718 06/06/14 02:40 AM
ttechcolleyville Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
I have one of these and before I bought it, I did some serious research - looking outside of hunting altogether at the science. The science is proven and has a variety of uses.

I bow hunt exclusively and almost always out of a tree ladder stand. While there is really no way to tell if it works, I have noticed that when hunting with a light to moderate wind at my back, I still see a lot of deer who come in within 12-20 yards that don't catch my scent. Without it or when I have forgotten it, the deer catch my scent. And I am very scent cognizant - packing my stuff in scent free sealed bags, showering before I go out, etc.

With a heavy wind at your back, I don't think it is as effective. But overall I believe they work.

Re: Anyone have Ozonics reviews?? [Re: Ramsey] #5146570 06/07/14 04:06 PM
P
Pittstate Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
There is probably more questionable reviews on this product than that of scent control clothing. I think they all work to some degree. However, I know for a fact that I have NEVER had a deer smell me and take off that was up wind.

With this being said, I know some very popular guys on TV that swear by Ozonics.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide