Forums46
Topics538,193
Posts9,734,123
Members87,072
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: New world record rattler captured in South TX [Re: 7mag] #5086717 04/24/14 11:53 PM
S
Sneaky Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
We shouldn't even need a tutorial on this. Everyone can see the pole. Why can't everyone put 2 and 2 together?

Re: New world record rattler captured in South TX [Re: Double Naught Spy] #5086847 04/25/14 01:35 AM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted By: Double Naught Spy
Given 87cd's pic above, check out this link with issues about giant rattlesnakes and the use of forced perspective.

http://www.livingalongsidewildlife.com/2009/07/return-of-giant-killed-rattlesnake.html

Specifically, look at the images by Mark Pyle, showing the same snake in two different views and how much larger it looks.

Thanks for the link. Very interesting. Lol that guy obviously had enough of the bogus rattlesnake photos.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: New world record rattler captured in South TX [Re: 7mag] #5086936 04/25/14 02:18 AM
W
wisco-hunter Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
W
Cool pic either way!

Why is it that every time I push #1 for english, I cannot understand the person on the other end???
Re: New world record rattler captured in South TX [Re: 7mag] #5087144 04/25/14 10:25 AM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
Do a Google search of "World record rattlesnake". I did last night, and clicked on the photos where a page of photos pop up. you can see several different people "p-shopped" with the same snakes, so trickery is very wide spread it appears.

If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you..

"Don't trust everything you read on the Internet"- Abraham Lincoln

Dennis

Now THIS is a big snake [Re: 7mag] #5087337 04/25/14 01:28 PM
J
John Humbert Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
Real pic by Matthew Greef, South Africa.

Snake drowned in creek below his Gold Valley Lodge during recent floods after eating a Nyala fawn and was unable to move freely.

That's 13 ft long.

Re: Now THIS is a big snake [Re: 7mag] #5087517 04/25/14 03:41 PM
B
BenBob Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Just who is it that keeps the records of World Record Snakes?

Tired, Wired, and Uninspired
Re: New world record rattler captured in South TX [Re: 7mag] #5089584 04/27/14 03:12 AM
dfwroadkill Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
I see the problem right there in the pic. Dodge truck.. Those guys always have trouble with reality. Case solved...

Re: New world record rattler captured in South TX [Re: dfwroadkill] #5090436 04/27/14 10:02 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: dfwroadkill
I see the problem right there in the pic. Dodge truck.. Those guys always have trouble with reality. Case solved...
up banana clap

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: New world record rattler captured in South TX [Re: Sneaky] #5091779 04/28/14 07:57 PM
Kbar Ag Service Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
Originally Posted By: Sneaky
And who is Joe Branam?

Is there a mispelling in the name?

PRIVATELY OWNED
TAHC permitted feral swine holding facility.
Serving Gulf Coast and South Texas ranchers, farmers, hunters, and residents with abatement.
Disposal, Traps and in-field pick-up service available.
Re: New world record rattler captured in South TX [Re: 7mag] #5094070 04/30/14 12:51 PM
Double Naught Spy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
It is Joe Braman, one of the hosts. Go to https://www.facebook.com/Carnivoretv?fref=ts and you will find the post, but absolutely no more information that is of any use.

You would think that such a professional with a world record sized snake would have made the news, but he did not. You would think he made the news because such professionals would try to get the word out to bolster their popularity and sponsorship. Nope. Instead you get a singular picture on Facebook that uses forced perspective to make the snake look bigger - to make it look 8.5 feet long, LOL.

Here is a link where he has a purported 7 footer that bit him! He got this at his winery. He was wearing snake chaps that the snake did not penetrate. Again, forced perspective. Again, no scale. http://www.turtleskin.com/SnakeArmor-Testimonials.aspx

Last edited by Double Naught Spy; 04/30/14 09:44 PM.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: New world record rattler captured in South TX [Re: Double Naught Spy] #5094357 04/30/14 03:52 PM
1860.colt Online Content
emoji colt.45
Online Content
emoji colt.45
Right, Sneaky, you have to wonder why, don't you?

Funny how Joe is two different guys in different pictures.

Ever wonder why these "record" rattlesnakes are NEVER displayed next to a measuring tape?

scratch i's scared ta put a tape to a worm, let alone a live snake flag

i'm postaddic
Re: New world record rattler captured in South TX [Re: 7mag] #5094629 04/30/14 07:44 PM
A
aeb Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
A
roflmao

Re: New world record rattler captured in South TX [Re: Double Naught Spy] #5095334 05/01/14 04:12 AM
Kbar Ag Service Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
DNS<
I know who they are referring too.
Next time I see their dad in town, Im just gonna ask him this...
"Hey Mr. D.... Whats this BS I hear yall have an 8 and a half foot rattlesnake that is as big as my leg and weighs 150 lbs???"

PRIVATELY OWNED
TAHC permitted feral swine holding facility.
Serving Gulf Coast and South Texas ranchers, farmers, hunters, and residents with abatement.
Disposal, Traps and in-field pick-up service available.
Re: New world record rattler captured in South TX [Re: Double Naught Spy] #5095397 05/01/14 10:59 AM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
It is Joe Braman, one of the hosts. Go to https://www.facebook.com/Carnivoretv?fref=ts and you will find the post, but absolutely no more information that is of any use.

You would think that such a professional with a world record sized snake would have made the news, but he did not. You would think he made the news because such professionals would try to get the word out to bolster their popularity and sponsorship. Nope. Instead you get a singular picture on Facebook that uses forced perspective to make the snake look bigger - to make it look 8.5 feet long, LOL.

Here is a link where he has a purported 7 footer that bit him! He got this at his winery. He was wearing snake chaps that the snake did not penetrate. Again, forced perspective. Again, no scale. http://www.turtleskin.com/SnakeArmor-Testimonials.aspx

I looked at that photo and I wondered why he took off those "lifesaving" chaps for a photo? fishy too me.

If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you..

"Don't trust everything you read on the Internet"- Abraham Lincoln

Dennis

Re: New world record rattler captured in South TX [Re: 7mag] #5095479 05/01/14 12:31 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Quote:
DNS<
"Hey Mr. D.... Whats this BS I hear yall have an 8 and a half foot rattlesnake that is as big as my leg and weighs 150 lbs???"

It may have been a nice sized snake, but you have to wonder, a lot like with some of the giant fish and giant hog images, why folks insist on using forced perspective in their images and not measurement devices to actually prove their claims of records. Such imagery would do a lot to quell those who claim BS, and rightfully so.

Dan Braman made a post on the FB page that was pretty funny.

Quote:
To the people calling it BS you must have a really boring life if all you have to do is discredit other people.

https://www.facebook.com/Carnivoretv?fref=ts

No more of a boring life that making up fictional records and using forced perspective. Yeah, we call BS because the proof isn't there but y'all made many claims without such proof.

Re: New world record rattler captured in South TX [Re: 7mag] #5095603 05/01/14 02:01 PM
dfwroadkill Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
I think it is pretty odd when someone posts up an animal they have taken that is purported to be a record or near record, then becomes incredulous when folks question why you didn't offer the most simple proof. The first thing I would do is measure it and weigh it. Take plenty of pictures and video showing all of it. I would want independent verification also. Someone that hosts a TV show like this would certainly be aware that proving the size is part of what one does. Without it, you have nothing...

(DNS: I don't think the tape measure/girth method applies here. Another good reason to have a scale in camp. rofl)

Re: New world record rattler captured in South TX [Re: 7mag] #5095623 05/01/14 02:20 PM
B
Bob in TX Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Neither Joe Braman or Gary Roberson of "Carnivore" claimed it was a World Record. That was 7Mags comment.

I do not doubt for a second that Joe and Joe Jr. caught the snake in their photo.

And I would personally would think long and hard before calling either Joe or Gary liars and accuse them of staging a hoax.

Just sayin'.........

The Texas Predator Posse
NRA Life Member/TSRA Life Member

Re: New world record rattler captured in South TX [Re: Dragonuv] #5095629 05/01/14 02:24 PM
R
ram hunter 1964 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
Originally Posted By: Dragonuv
Probably one of those controversial high fence snakes.

Trophy snake hunt? roflmao

The groundwork of all happiness is hunting.
Re: New world record rattler captured in South TX [Re: 7mag] #5095694 05/01/14 03:11 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Quote:
Neither Joe Braman or Gary Roberson of "Carnivore" claimed it was a World Record. That was 7Mags comment.

I do not doubt for a second that Joe and Joe Jr. caught the snake in their photo.

And I would personally would think long and hard before calling either Joe or Gary liars and accuse them of staging a hoax.

Just sayin'.........

Nobody is claiming they didn't catch the snake.

They claimed it to be 8' 8.5" and that would be a record by over a foot. It is an extraordinary claim without extraordinary proof, regardless of who is making it.

Of course, in a lot of these claims, the posters don't want people looking at the image to think long and hard. Just saying......

https://www.uta.edu/biology/herpetology/western_diamondback_rattlesnake.htm

Quote:
(DNS: I don't think the tape measure/girth method applies here. Another good reason to have a scale in camp. rofl)

You are right, and a tape provides a better scale than just a forced perspective photograph.

cheers

Last edited by Double Naught Spy; 05/01/14 03:25 PM.

Re: New world record rattler captured in South TX [Re: Double Naught Spy] #5095728 05/01/14 03:31 PM
1860.colt Online Content
emoji colt.45
Online Content
emoji colt.45
Quote:
DNS<

It may have been a nice sized snake, but you have to wonder, a lot like with some of the giant fish and giant hog images, why folks insist on using forced perspective in their images and not measurement devices to actually prove their claims of records. Such imagery would do a lot to quell those who claim BS, and rightfully so.

Dan Braman made a post on the FB page that was pretty funny.

Quote:
To the people calling it BS you must have a really boring life if all you have to do is discredit other people.

https://www.facebook.com/Carnivoretv?fref=ts

No more of a boring life that making up fictional records and using forced perspective. Yeah, we call BS because the proof isn't there but y'all made many claims without such proof.
scratch anyone know what the record for a jackaloop tis, just got one the other day, green score tis 21 & three little hashes flag

i'm postaddic
Re: New world record rattler captured in South TX [Re: Bob in TX] #5095787 05/01/14 04:08 PM
dfwroadkill Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: Bob in TX

It is stated on their Carnivore TV Facebook page that Joe and Joe Jr. captured an 8' 8.5" rattlesnake and a photo is offered suggesting it to be a photo of said snake. Either it is a huge misleading play on words or it is what it is apparently represented to be....the capture of what would be a world record. I believe the post as it reads would lead the overwhelming majority of readers to understand that if an 8' 8.5" snake is a world record, they are indeed claiming to have captured it. The story goes on to state they still have it. If so, the right thing to do would be to get it documented for historical reasons if nothing else.

Originally Posted By: Bob in TX

Just sayin'.........

I'm not sure why you would make this statement. It comes off as a threat...a personal threat. I didn't think we were supposed to be doing that here on the forum. When people post what would be a world record, others will be skeptical without proof. Nobody is saying anybody is lying. I would be thrilled if they actually have this animal and would sincerely hope they would get it properly documented so the whole world would know that such a specimen once existed. Being involved in the outdoor world as they are, I can't imagine they wouldn't understand the significance of that. It isn't about fame, it's about sharing it with the world and record books. It has historical importance.

Re: New world record rattler captured in South TX [Re: 7mag] #5095994 05/01/14 06:39 PM
B
Bob in TX Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
No threat, just a lot of keyboard accusations here. It will play out as it plays out.

The Texas Predator Posse
NRA Life Member/TSRA Life Member

Re: New world record rattler captured in South TX [Re: 7mag] #5096189 05/01/14 09:11 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
So is or isn't this a $5000 snake?

Re: New world record rattler captured in South TX [Re: 7mag] #5096243 05/01/14 10:00 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Quote:
No threat, just a lot of keyboard accusations here.

Yep, keyboard accusations against an unsupported keyboard claim. Without proof for the claim, the keyboard accusations have just as much validity.

Re: New world record rattler captured in South TX [Re: Tye] #5099775 05/05/14 02:22 AM
H
hoof n wings Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Crap, I could catch 8' rattle snakes if they stopped in the road for me too confused2
Originally Posted By: Tye
Off TBH

Originally Posted by ImTheReasonDovesMourn
I'd ask him if he's pregnant. He missed a s__tload of periods.

Originally Posted by Hancock
I'll take "things that look like a uterus" for $200 Alex.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide