Forums46
Topics538,302
Posts9,735,506
Members87,078
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: How wolves can alter the course of rivers! [Re: BOBO the Clown] #4990029 02/24/14 06:08 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted By: stxranchman
Calling "The" Clown Dumb clap roflmao

Ironic smile

rofl Unlucky, yes peep

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: How wolves can alter the course of rivers! [Re: BOBO the Clown] #4990036 02/24/14 06:12 PM
J.G. Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
There's a reason the name of the road I frequent is called "High Lonesome Lane". It's the high planes, for sure.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: How wolves can alter the course of rivers! [Re: J.G.] #4990037 02/24/14 06:13 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Lol

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: How wolves can alter the course of rivers! [Re: BOBO the Clown] #4990133 02/24/14 07:13 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Originally Posted By: KWood_TSU
Southern edge, are you dumb? Plainview is the southern edge, lol. And dalhart is considered the high plains with rolling plains mixed in.

You're on the southern east edge where it makes its L. Hence the rolling plains part. Highplains is the western part of the panhandle.
I firmly in the HP north of dalhart via 60miles+ i stretch over the state border. You live on a border outlier, technically you could claim rolling plains or HP depending on what side of town you live.

Dumb really? You're the one questioning the pronghorn population as not huntable in potter county. Apparently all the HP in addition to potter county. Only pronghorn population that is struggling is those in the Trans Pecos area that was and continuing to be restocked from the highplains area

Your also the same guy that has repeatably called all ranchers dumb and the demise of the land scape,, advocated for the protection of the praire dog, and now a none native wolf. You compared cow elk calf recruitment to feral piglet recruitement, you also stated hunting wasn't a viable option of elk population control, although we have hunt countless species to extinction, including the meridian elk.

Should I continue?

I never said not huntable, they are, but it's not truly sustainable. And your still wrong on the high plains and rolling plains. And I never called all ranchers dumb, but I did dry that most over graze, and over grazing causes major problems. Ranchers are getting better, but it's still common. And the prairie dog is a very important keystone species. And yes, you are dumb if you don't see that. They might be an eye sore, but they aren't bad. Now yes, they can over graze in a drought, but what are you going to do, relocate them like cattle? And where have I advocated for the wolf? All I've said is the right species in Yellowstone could be a good thing. And I made a weak comparison, but it was m more of an example to get an idea. And I never said it wasn't viable, I just mentioned that essentially, it's cooler to go with wolves, and more natural. And if done right, more viable.

So yeah clown, go ahead. Keep putting words in my mouth

Amat Victoria Curam - Victory Loves Preparation
Re: How wolves can alter the course of rivers! [Re: J.G.] #4990143 02/24/14 07:20 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
And if you look, the rolling plains is essentially the riparian area. And if you know anything about the panhandle, it's a little over 400 square miles.

Re: How wolves can alter the course of rivers! [Re: J.G.] #4990153 02/24/14 07:21 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
So you don't think the pronghorn population is substainable in the highplains? trans Pecos area you are correct, highplains you've lost your marbels

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: How wolves can alter the course of rivers! [Re: J.G.] #4990175 02/24/14 07:32 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
It's not bc it is so fragmented. Some do, but most won't cross a fence, unless the bottom wire is raised, so there bound to the property they are on. And I'm talking the whole panhandle, not just the north west part.

Re: How wolves can alter the course of rivers! [Re: J.G.] #4990350 02/24/14 09:14 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Pronghorn doesn't need more then a 10" hole. As far as fencing causing segmentation or restriction...that's laugh able.
Especially in the entire HP from Texas to Nebreska. 99% fences can barely keep cows in. If a yote can get through, a pronghorn can

I've watched hundreds of pronghorn jump fences in the winter when migrating or making their normal daily circle.

Ive also chased them around a pasture. More likely to jump a fence when not pushed, when pushed they look for a hole

Re: How wolves can alter the course of rivers! [Re: BOBO the Clown] #4990356 02/24/14 09:18 PM
J.G. Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
Fun to watch them wide open throttle drop only one gear, go under the fence, and get right back up to warp speed in four steps. You're brain says "what just happened?"

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Re: How wolves can alter the course of rivers! [Re: BOBO the Clown] #4990367 02/24/14 09:24 PM
C
cameron00 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C

Our deer population isn't that good, and we have no antelope. Now if you mean pronghorn, we have a few, but not a sustainable population.
And the reason wolves used to be in the panhandle was because elk used to populate the panhandle.

My ranch is in the panhandle I have an outstanding population of pronghorns and a quickly growing mulie, WT and even Elk population.

Bobo, if you can just attest to having bison, I think we can confirm that you've been given a home where the buffalo roam and the deer and the antelope play.

And the other guy has not.

Re: How wolves can alter the course of rivers! [Re: J.G.] #4990387 02/24/14 09:35 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
No buffalo, sorry man. They are hell on fences

Re: How wolves can alter the course of rivers! [Re: J.G.] #4990392 02/24/14 09:37 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
Fun to watch them wide open throttle drop only one gear, go under the fence, and get right back up to warp speed in four steps. You're brain says "what just happened?"

They are fun to watch. Except in the winter time when the herd up and mow your winter wheat to the ground

Re: How wolves can alter the course of rivers! [Re: cameron00] #4990429 02/24/14 09:55 PM
A
AmoCuernos Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A
Originally Posted By: cameron00

Our deer population isn't that good, and we have no antelope. Now if you mean pronghorn, we have a few, but not a sustainable population.
And the reason wolves used to be in the panhandle was because elk used to populate the panhandle.

My ranch is in the panhandle I have an outstanding population of pronghorns and a quickly growing mulie, WT and even Elk population.

Bobo, if you can just attest to having bison, I think we can confirm that you've been given a home where the buffalo roam and the deer and the antelope play.

What antelope are you talking about man? There aren't any native antelope in texas. Deer don't have horns. A tomato is a fruit. You park on a driveway and drive on a parkway. It's safer to run a marathon in skydiver's gear than skydive in runner's gear, and if you have a room of 23 people, there is a 50% chance that 2 of them have the same birthday.

Any questions?

Last edited by AmoCuernos; 02/24/14 09:56 PM.
Re: How wolves can alter the course of rivers! [Re: AmoCuernos] #4990432 02/24/14 09:58 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
Originally Posted By: AmoCuernos
Originally Posted By: cameron00

What antelope are you talking about man? There aren't any native antelope in texas. Deer don't have horns. A tomato is a fruit. You park on a driveway and drive on a parkway. It's safer to run a marathon in skydiver's gear than skydive in runner's gear, and if you have a room of 23 people, there is a 50% chance that 2 of them have the same birthday.

Any questions?

roflmao I just changed my view on things...

Re: How wolves can alter the course of rivers! [Re: BOBO the Clown] #4990436 02/24/14 10:02 PM
J.G. Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
Alls I need is an invite...

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Re: How wolves can alter the course of rivers! [Re: J.G.] #4991147 02/25/14 04:31 AM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
"In contrast to the lyrics, no actual antelope species is native to the Americas; the pronghorn is often called an antelope, however."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_on_the_Range

Re: How wolves can alter the course of rivers! [Re: Mako1970] #4991603 02/25/14 03:27 PM
J
JMalin Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
Originally Posted By: Mako1970
Most hunter's mentality is that the game they pursue is "theirs" and any other predator is in direct competition with them and must be removed. This is especially true in Texas with the introduction of high fences and exotics. Wildlife populations have changed much over the years due to habitat alterations because of farming and ranching practices. Some have faired very well (whitetail deer, snow geese, small predators)and other have not (buffalo, wolves, bears). We have disrupted the natural cycle of population fluctuation considerably and spend most of our efforts managing those species most important to "us" and not the ecosystem as a whole. Management of wildlife becomes very complex because of all the interest groups involved.

This.

Last edited by JMalin; 02/25/14 03:28 PM.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide