Forums46
Topics538,325
Posts9,735,815
Members87,082
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: cdoan02] #4895830 01/08/14 01:00 PM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: cdoan02
Originally Posted By: Brother in-law
This is a terrible staged "Kodak" moment of a nerd.

If by nerd, you mean deployed American soldier at a Starbucks in Kuwait... You'd be correct.

The man holding the shotgun in the picture we reference "is in the US Military, and for context, wanted to advise that this photo was taken in a Starbucks in Camp Arifjan, Kuwait in 2005."

http://practicaltacticalpodcast.com/starbucks/

Great link!

From the link.

Quote:
The attention-whoreness of it all is rather disturbing.

The fat arse in the plaid shorts with the Ron Paul t-shirt on was a nice touch.

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: HWY_MAN] #4896573 01/08/14 05:39 PM
C
cdoan02 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: HWY_MAN
Originally Posted By: cdoan02
Originally Posted By: Brother in-law
This is a terrible staged "Kodak" moment of a nerd.

If by nerd, you mean deployed American soldier at a Starbucks in Kuwait... You'd be correct.

The man holding the shotgun in the picture we reference "is in the US Military, and for context, wanted to advise that this photo was taken in a Starbucks in Camp Arifjan, Kuwait in 2005."

http://practicaltacticalpodcast.com/starbucks/

Great link!

From the link.

Quote:
The attention-whoreness of it all is rather disturbing.

The fat arse in the plaid shorts with the Ron Paul t-shirt on was a nice touch.

I figured you'd like that article! Lots of fence-straddling.

Also from the article:

"Last week, we shared a major victory in Colorado with the recall of two anti-gun politicians. Thats our Win."

So many people here talk crap about open carry demonstrators, and how they hurt the "cause". Like the author of the linked article. In one breath he talks crap about open carry demonstration, but in the next, he refers to the recall as a "major victory" and "win". In fact, he says "WE SHARED" and "OUR WIN".

So, he takes ownership of the positive result, but denounces the means by which the recalls were accomplished. Nice.

Go look up:
"Pueblo Freedom and Rights"
and
"Basic Freedom Defense Fund"

THEY are the grassroots organizers of the recalls that everyone said COULD NOT BE DONE. THEY are the ones that organized open carry demonstrations to raise awareness and gather support. THEY are the ones this author is denouncing, while in the next breath sharing in THEIR victory.

Without open carry demonstrations, the Colorado recall elections would not have happened.

Yet some of you still say open carry advocates are doing nothing but harm. You still say, they are doing it wrong; you need to do it THIS way, the RIGHT way, which is RIGHT because I SAY SO.

Words are words. Actions get results. The open carry groups have gotten, and continue to get, RESULTS. Results that their detractors have no problem sharing ownership of.

Some should go ahead and look up "hypocrite", as well.

Last edited by cdoan02; 01/08/14 05:41 PM.
Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: cdoan02] #4897322 01/08/14 10:47 PM
C
cyphertext Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
I looked at the Pueblo Freedom and Rights Facebook page and I don't see much open carry. They carried openly in a parade on July 4th. The rest of their pics show them with banners, flags, pamphlets, t-shirts, and petitions. Where they were set up getting signatures for the recalls, not a gun in sight.

Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: cyphertext] #4897433 01/08/14 11:48 PM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: cyphertext
I looked at the Pueblo Freedom and Rights Facebook page and I don't see much open carry. They carried openly in a parade on July 4th. The rest of their pics show them with banners, flags, pamphlets, t-shirts, and petitions. Where they were set up getting signatures for the recalls, not a gun in sight.

Sssshhhh!

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: RKHarm24] #4898243 01/09/14 05:28 AM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Anyone for cheese? clap

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: RKHarm24] #4907398 01/13/14 05:28 PM
T
tehachapi Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
Supporting the legal right for open carry is not the same thing as mandatory carry. Must be a tough distinction for our authoritarian supporting posters to understand.

Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: tehachapi] #4920079 01/19/14 08:36 PM
C
cyphertext Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
Parkdale Mall has now posted the proper signage barring concealed carry in response to an OC incident in the mall. Still think you are helping gun owners?

Parkdale Mall 30.06

Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: RKHarm24] #4920390 01/19/14 11:57 PM
SirDuke Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Well I know where I won't be a victim.

Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: cyphertext] #4945719 01/31/14 05:16 PM
O
Octopiston Offline
Tracker
Tracker
O
Parkdale Mall has now posted the proper signage barring concealed carry in response to an OC incident in the mall. Still think you are helping gun owners?

Parkdale Mall 30.06

Starbucks that I have never been to, and this mall that I'll never go to. There were more that did this when conceal carry became legal. Did you say people shouldn't conceal carry too? Were you one of the ones saying that blood would flow in the streets or that it would be the Wild West due to it?
Some business leaders over react. (ex. AEtv and Duck Dynasty). If we as gun owners would actually stand together, they would probably change that 30.06 sign...again, Duck Dynasty and AEtv.
But no, it's easier to set on the interwebs and make a post blaming someone vs. Standing up for your rights. THAT mentality is what will cost us further rights.

Last edited by Octopiston; 01/31/14 05:27 PM.
Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: Octopiston] #4946303 01/31/14 10:13 PM
J
JESmith Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
Originally Posted By: Octopiston
... THAT mentality is what will cost us further rights.

No it is the OC fools that are going to cost us rights.

It is like speed limits. At one time there were no speed limits. But some fools decided that it was THEIR RIGHT to drive as fast and they wanted to anywhere they wanted to. Today we have speed limits because a few fools had to act like fools.

Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: RKHarm24] #4947076 02/01/14 12:36 PM
W
whistler Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
W
As I have said before You are either pro gun and thus on the open carry side and all the other gun owners side or your on the anti gun side. Anti open carry is anti gun.

we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: RKHarm24] #4947528 02/01/14 06:14 PM
J
JESmith Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
That is total BS. Most everyone here is for Open Carry. HOWEVER, THERE IS A RIGHT WAY TO GO ABOUT IT. IT is not a question of pro gun or anti gun - It is a question of how to go about doing it. These "OC Rallies" for the most part are hurting the cause not helping it.

You don't help repeal speed limits by staging a street race down main street. Most of the guys here would get behind you if you guys stop acting like fools.

Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: JESmith] #4947618 02/01/14 07:27 PM
W
whistler Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
W
It's not B.S. It's just ether you believe and support the 2nd amendment or you don't.
I'm not sure that open carry walks are the right way or not. But calling them fools and fighting with them will get us nowhere. I see this like the hunters and black rifle guys going at it.

we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: RKHarm24] #4948029 02/02/14 01:01 AM
J
JESmith Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
People who consistently do foolish tings are fools.
Sticking a gun under someone's nose just because you can is a foolish act.

Whistler you just don't get it. I, like almost everybody on this forum, support 2nd amendment and most support open carry. We DO NOT support the manner in these Open Carry rallies are conducted. They are hurting the cause not helping. They are making the job of those who are ACTUALLY trying to promote change all that much harder.

Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: whistler] #4948136 02/02/14 01:58 AM
W
Wool E. Booger Offline
Tracker
Tracker
W
Originally Posted By: whistler
It's not B.S. It's just ether you believe and support the 2nd amendment or you don't.
I'm not sure that open carry walks are the right way or not. But calling them fools and fighting with them will get us nowhere. I see this like the hunters and black rifle guys going at it.

That's a lot of the problem in this country today....if you don't support something, you are against it. It's this us against them mentality that gets us all no where, in a hurry. Whistler, I call bs on this. I for one don't support open carry, but I am not an "anti" in any shape, form, or fashion. Just because I don't support your views doesn't mean I am willing to infringe on your rights to do so. I will always prefer concealed carry over open carry, because I don't want anyone to know, I want them to be a little unsure. That's just my preference, and as always, I could be wrong.

Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: Octopiston] #4948994 02/02/14 05:21 PM
C
cyphertext Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: Octopiston

Parkdale Mall 30.06

Starbucks that I have never been to, and this mall that I'll never go to. There were more that did this when conceal carry became legal. Did you say people shouldn't conceal carry too? Were you one of the ones saying that blood would flow in the streets or that it would be the Wild West due to it?
Some business leaders over react. (ex. AEtv and Duck Dynasty). If we as gun owners would actually stand together, they would probably change that 30.06 sign...again, Duck Dynasty and AEtv.
But no, it's easier to set on the interwebs and make a post blaming someone vs. Standing up for your rights. THAT mentality is what will cost us further rights.

Funny how you tell me that you will never go to these businesses anyway, yet in the same breath you want to "stand together". The fact is that the sign was posted in direct response to OC of a long gun. Starbucks asked you guys to leave the guns at home, in direct response to OC of a long gun. If furthering the OC rights is the intended result, it is not being very successful. If gun owners are this divided on your tactics, how do you think you are "educating" the non-gun owning soccer moms?

Last edited by cyphertext; 02/02/14 07:06 PM.
Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: whistler] #4949153 02/02/14 06:37 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

If it is not BS, then why are you not out there every day carrying your rifle to support open carry? Let us know how that works out.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: RKHarm24] #4951690 02/03/14 10:35 PM
D
Dave Scott Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
I'll sort of say something that has always made little sense. If by "open carry" it is meant a sixgun strapped on your side. Well, when I was a young'in (N. Carolina) there was this guy that would wear a Govt 45 in a holster and eat in a restaurant. Those were different days and no one seemed to care, but, it seems to me it would be a lot better to just let everyone carry concealed with no permit required. No one will get bent out of shape by seeing a gun and the bad guys will be aware that ANYONE might be going around with a concealed weapon. Just seems to make more sense to me.
Wouldn't it be something if a couple of bad guys waltzed into some local restaurant, brandishing guns and yelling "Hold up" and about ten guys in the place take out their pistols and riddle them full of holes. Then the local police say, "Those bad men got just what they asked for and we are awarding good citizen plaques to the folks that rid those bad men from our society AND THAT'S HOW IT'S GOING BE, IF YOU WANT TO HOLD UP A PLACE TRY CALIFORNIA OR NEW YORK.
Okay, I'm a dinosaur.

Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: dogcatcher] #4951911 02/04/14 12:49 AM
SirDuke Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Originally Posted By: dogcatcher

If it is not BS, then why are you not out there every day carrying your rifle to support open carry? Let us know how that works out.

It won't work out nice because we obviously don't have that right anymore. So far we've lost our first, second, and fourth amendment rights. Does it say "bear arms" or "hide arms" in that bill that is supposed to guarantee us our civil liberties?

Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: whistler] #4952563 02/04/14 01:02 PM
J
Jasb Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
As I have said before You are either pro gun and thus on the open carry side and all the other gun owners side or your on the anti gun side. Anti open carry is anti gun.

That's just funny.

Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: whistler] #4953236 02/04/14 06:15 PM
B
Brother in-law Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B

That's funny right there

Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: RKHarm24] #4956037 02/05/14 10:36 PM
D
Dave Scott Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
I'll sort of play the devil on this one... Are there limitations on the Second Amendment? Sure doesn't sound like it if "Not Infringed Upon" but on the first Amendment and free speech- laws have been passed about perjury in a court of law, verbal threats against a person, saleman lying and defrauding;so, it might be fair to say that all speech doesn't fall under free speech. Trouble is...who gets to decide these things?
In any event, using the same logic on the second Amendment, if you have a shotgun on a rack in the rear window of a pick up truck- that's your business as far as I'm concerned. If you walk into a restaurant with a shotgun, or walk down main street USA- it just seems that you are creating a disturbance. A city ordinance against open caring of firearms in public. I think I remember a story of Bat Masterson in Dodge. He was checking guns and some guy objected because of his rights. This guy didn't live in town. Bat told him the town was the concern of the townspeople and he could exercise his rights outside town limits or check the guns if he was staying in town.
As I said, I myself have always had trouble trying to figure out where to draw the line. You're out in the country at a roadside diner and a guy comes in with a sixgun in a holster- that doesn't bother me but the same guy comes in with the gun in hand- I start wondering why, is he going to rob the place.
Lots of gray areas.
Places like Chicago or Connecticut that don't even want you to have a gun, period. I cannot understand why hordes of people are not up in arms over that. I think private gun ownership is essencial to preserving a free nation. Actually mandatory gun ownership (used to exist under the old militia laws) might not be a bad idea.

Last edited by Dave Scott; 02/05/14 10:38 PM.
Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: Dave Scott] #4956973 02/06/14 11:13 AM
Core-Lokt Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Originally Posted By: Dave Scott
I'll sort of play the devil on this one... Are there limitations on the Second Amendment? Sure doesn't sound like it if "Not Infringed Upon" but on the first Amendment and free speech- laws have been passed about perjury in a court of law, verbal threats against a person, saleman lying and defrauding;so, it might be fair to say that all speech doesn't fall under free speech. Trouble is...who gets to decide these things?
In any event, using the same logic on the second Amendment, if you have a shotgun on a rack in the rear window of a pick up truck- that's your business as far as I'm concerned. If you walk into a restaurant with a shotgun, or walk down main street USA- it just seems that you are creating a disturbance. A city ordinance against open caring of firearms in public. I think I remember a story of Bat Masterson in Dodge. He was checking guns and some guy objected because of his rights. This guy didn't live in town. Bat told him the town was the concern of the townspeople and he could exercise his rights outside town limits or check the guns if he was staying in town.
As I said, I myself have always had trouble trying to figure out where to draw the line. You're out in the country at a roadside diner and a guy comes in with a sixgun in a holster- that doesn't bother me but the same guy comes in with the gun in hand- I start wondering why, is he going to rob the place.
Lots of gray areas.
Places like Chicago or Connecticut that don't even want you to have a gun, period. I cannot understand why hordes of people are not up in arms over that. I think private gun ownership is essencial to preserving a free nation. Actually mandatory gun ownership (used to exist under the old militia laws) might not be a bad idea.

Yes, there are and should be qualifying restraints upon the 2A. The 2A treated as an absolute right relative to private property needs to be considered-as what this thread is about. The analog of this is a right to travel. Does that right to travel allow one to trespass on anothers' property?

Another is the idea that one should be allowed to carry a firearm without any vetting of competency. That does not necessarily mean stuff like conviction records/mental fitness, although if interpreted broadly, it does. Rather, I mean this in a sense of teaching restraint not to shoot into a crowd under stress, over pentration or ensuring a minimum level of marksmanship. We expect this of LEOs (although some fail in this), so is it unreasonable to expect a level of proficiency?

Again, I am for the right of OC, just dubious of the merits thereof.

Core-Lokt:The deadliest mushroom in the woods
Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: RKHarm24] #4957036 02/06/14 12:50 PM
SirDuke Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
I personally think I (not you) should be able to have a tank with working cannon and 50 cal turret. My little ar is no match for the government forces and I need to be able to defend myself from the government. Which I believe is the clause for writing in the 2nd amendment. Today the government is not out to get me but I have no idea what tomorrow will bring. I could just lay low when shtf or I could be prepared. My civil liberties trump your fear. I am not responsible for what you fear, be it guns or spiders. I am responsible for my safety and it is my duty by the constitution to have arms to defend myself from a tyrannical government. If I don't need it then the military and le don't need it. Is the safety of the government more important than me and my family? It is easy for these politicians to have a false sense of security in our nation as they have armed guards all about. You and I have a responsibility to be the armed guards of the American people.
The mass shooters, politicians, and media are ruining the perception of guns in America. These shootings took place in areas where civilians were disarmed by fear, I am confident the outcomes would be significantly different had they been able to exercise their civil liberties. If you see me walking around with a gun and it scares you, too bad. Maybe you should worry more about protecting yourself and not about how scary the world is. Life insurance gives my family financial security should something befall me. My guns give my family physical security in case something befalls America. When will that happen? The same day Christ returns? I dont know, but I'll be prepared for both.

Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: SirDuke] #4957229 02/06/14 02:33 PM
W
Wool E. Booger Offline
Tracker
Tracker
W
Very well stated Sir Duke. My thoughts exactly.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide