Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Jim Raby (Rabys Hunts) for Turkey? #4818914 12/08/13 10:34 PM
2010bigdog Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
Have any of you hunted with Jim Raby for turkey? He is near Mountain Home, TX. If so, give me any feedback that you can.
Thx ....

Re: Jim Raby (Rabys Hunts) for Turkey? [Re: 2010bigdog] #4824247 12/10/13 02:39 PM
2010bigdog Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
Anybody know him?

Re: Jim Raby (Rabys Hunts) for Turkey? [Re: 2010bigdog] #4831087 12/12/13 04:23 PM
2010bigdog Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
Makes me wonder about him ...

Re: Jim Raby (Rabys Hunts) for Turkey? [Re: 2010bigdog] #4834286 12/13/13 05:36 PM
2010bigdog Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
ttt

Re: Jim Raby (Rabys Hunts) for Turkey? [Re: 2010bigdog] #4835222 12/13/13 10:17 PM
1FowlHntR Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
I've never heard ANYTHING good about his operation. Heard there is no game, over hunted etc. hope this helps....

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Re: Jim Raby (Rabys Hunts) for Turkey? [Re: 1FowlHntR] #4838994 12/15/13 03:05 PM
2010bigdog Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
Anyone else?

Re: Jim Raby (Rabys Hunts) for Turkey? [Re: 2010bigdog] #4842343 12/16/13 05:40 PM
2010bigdog Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
ttt

Re: Jim Raby (Rabys Hunts) for Turkey? [Re: 2010bigdog] #4842520 12/16/13 06:44 PM
mulie_mike Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Never dealt with him personally but was on a ranch he was on at the same time and they won't be using him again...

Specializing in Free Range hunts in far west Texas for Native & Exotic Game. Hunts for All budgets with Financing available.

www.westtexashunt.com

Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/WestTexasHuntOrganization/
Re: Jim Raby (Rabys Hunts) for Turkey? [Re: 2010bigdog] #4845831 12/17/13 05:11 PM
2010bigdog Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
Anybody know a good ranch/outfitter/guide for Spring turkey.

Re: Jim Raby (Rabys Hunts) for Turkey? [Re: 2010bigdog] #4853901 12/20/13 04:34 AM
B
BAYSPORT Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Bardy Helwig in Rocksprings

Re: Jim Raby (Rabys Hunts) for Turkey? [Re: 2010bigdog] #4886413 01/04/14 06:19 AM
J
Jim Raby Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
J
I'm glad I came across this. as someone emailed me this link the other day . This same situation had come about on a different forum deertexas.com ... where someone had mistook me for someone else in a area that I do not hunt .

that forum post we did get it fixed and cleared up that I was mistaken for someone who did hunts in the hondo area if I remember correctly ..

after seeing this post... I then contacted muley Mike to ask him politely as to what his post listed above was about ... again, we found that I was mistaken for some one else .. muley mike had mentioned it was a issue with a guide in far west texas for aoudad and mule deer hunts . (as I have never guided on any ranches in far west texas or any mule deer hunts anywhere)

mike .. as I stated . no hard feelings and I can't blame you for trying to help someone out on this post . that's what these types of forums are here for. (and I use similar forum to research out of state outfitters to book hunts for myself) I understand its the the weekend and I'm sure your out on a ranch (as you stated your phone service connection was bad) when you gdt a chance.. could you assist me with clearing this up

1fowlHntr ... would you please contact me at 210 854 8171 . I am interested in speaking with you to learn where some of this information may have come about? as it does not seem to describe my opperation. (I respect that you stated something you may have heard.. as opposed to jumping strait to a factual conclusion) the reason I would like to know more about this.. to learn if its mistaking me for someone else... or there is a possibility that you happened to speak to one of the very FEW groups who didn't have a 100% successful hog hunt .... I have even had a group of guys who came a few years ago .. who MISSED 4 hogs .. and wounded several hogs. and only went home with one hog .. and they werent happy about that. as there expectations were very high (3 guys brought enough ice chest for 15 hogs) although I make sure to set the standard before booking and I always explain the difference between wild free range hog hunts compared to small acreage feleased pen hunts .

the post about being over hunted.. and lack of game. is What I would like to discuss and learn the orgin (or learn if i am mistaken with the wrong person) ... as one of the main things that keeps my return clients coming back, is the abundance of game .. most our out of stTe clients who have not seen animals like this and I enjoy showing them blackbuck. sheep. axis deer. fallow. sika .. even guys who cant afford those always enjoy getting to see huge herds of game. and taking A LOT of pictures. (those pictures are usually what leads to there friends calling me two weeks later)

sorry for such a long and detailed post ...

1fowlHntr. woukd you please contact me at your. convenience. 210 854 8171

Re: Jim Raby (Rabys Hunts) for Turkey? [Re: Jim Raby] #4886587 01/04/14 02:10 PM
8pointdrop Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: Jim Raby
I'm glad I came across this. as someone emailed me this link the other day . This same situation had come about on a different forum deertexas.com ... where someone had mistook me for someone else in a area that I do not hunt .

that forum post we did get it fixed and cleared up that I was mistaken for someone who did hunts in the hondo area if I remember correctly ..

after seeing this post... I then contacted muley Mike to ask him politely as to what his post listed above was about ... again, we found that I was mistaken for some one else .. muley mike had mentioned it was a issue with a guide in far west texas for aoudad and mule deer hunts . (as I have never guided on any ranches in far west texas or any mule deer hunts anywhere)

mike .. as I stated . no hard feelings and I can't blame you for trying to help someone out on this post . that's what these types of forums are here for. (and I use similar forum to research out of state outfitters to book hunts for myself) I understand its the the weekend and I'm sure your out on a ranch (as you stated your phone service connection was bad) when you gdt a chance.. could you assist me with clearing this up

1fowlHntr ... would you please contact me at 210 854 8171 . I am interested in speaking with you to learn where some of this information may have come about? as it does not seem to describe my opperation. (I respect that you stated something you may have heard.. as opposed to jumping strait to a factual conclusion) the reason I would like to know more about this.. to learn if its mistaking me for someone else... or there is a possibility that you happened to speak to one of the very FEW groups who didn't have a 100% successful hog hunt .... I have even had a group of guys who came a few years ago .. who MISSED 4 hogs .. and wounded several hogs. and only went home with one hog .. and they werent happy about that. as there expectations were very high (3 guys brought enough ice chest for 15 hogs) although I make sure to set the standard before booking and I always explain the difference between wild free range hog hunts compared to small acreage feleased pen hunts .

the post about being over hunted.. and lack of game. is What I would like to discuss and learn the orgin (or learn if i am mistaken with the wrong person) ... as one of the main things that keeps my return clients coming back, is the abundance of game .. most our out of stTe clients who have not seen animals like this and I enjoy showing them blackbuck. sheep. axis deer. fallow. sika .. even guys who cant afford those always enjoy getting to see huge herds of game. and taking A LOT of pictures. (those pictures are usually what leads to there friends calling me two weeks later)

sorry for such a long and detailed post ...

1fowlHntr. woukd you please contact me at your. convenience. 210 854 8171

Sounds like a stand up guy. Good for you Jim

Re: Jim Raby (Rabys Hunts) for Turkey? [Re: 8pointdrop] #4886628 01/04/14 02:52 PM
B
Buzzsaw Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Is this the Jim Raby from around San Antonio, who hunts the Circle O ranch in Pearsall? If it is, He is good to go!! I have shared many camps with him at Pearsall.
Just FYI

By his response, this would come from the Jim Raby I know

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Jim Raby (Rabys Hunts) for Turkey? [Re: 2010bigdog] #4886963 01/04/14 05:58 PM
J
Jim Raby Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
J
8pointdroo - THANK YOU .

Buzzsaw - thank you. yes- the same Jim Raby

I'm not going to type here and ever try to tell everyone that each and every hunted who has come out has always killed hogs .. I have about a 70% KILL success rate for rifle hunters on hog hunts . and approx 85%+ oppertunity rate ... as its not uncommon for people to miss shots or wound hogs due to incorrect shot placement .

Turkey hunts are great - I do have 100% success rates for gun hunters.that book spring turkey specific hunts. (100% based on hunters who kill at least one turkey) and estimate approx 50% who fill there limit of two turkeys

axis
blackbuck and sheep hunters .... with gun ... 100% success ......
although at the end of.today I may have a sheep hunter who might leave without a sheep . as he decided he also wants blackbuck and we spent a lot of time hunting blackbuck instead of sheep - he did kill a very nice blackbuck yesterday . (we don't hunt tame sheep in. pen) so hunting completely wild sheep on thousands of acres. can be time consuming ...... his son did kill a sheeo

Last edited by Jim Raby; 01/04/14 06:07 PM.
Re: Jim Raby (Rabys Hunts) for Turkey? [Re: 2010bigdog] #4886970 01/04/14 06:01 PM
J
Jim Raby Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
J
as I mentioned in regards to the "over hunted" and. "no game" comment .... we have huge herds of animals on these ranches and I always enjoy "showing them off" to all the hunters even the ones that only come for hogs or turkey .. (unless they hunt ranches in south texas where we don't have exotics, just a bunch of deer and hogs) my clients usually take so many pictures of different species , they make a "list" of what they want to come back for ... or reffer friends to hunt

Re: Jim Raby (Rabys Hunts) for Turkey? [Re: 2010bigdog] #4889414 01/06/14 12:44 AM
J
Jim Raby Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
J
here is some references --

Feel free to contact me for there Phone Numbers and E-mail addresses

These are some comments posted on My Facebook Page and Account.
"James Jim R Raby" and "Rabys Hunting" On Facebook

JAKE EIT - Minnesota
"I hunted with Jim on 2 separate occasions. Each hunt I went on I experienced a wide variety of game and excellent hospitality. I also brought a youth hunter along with on for a hunt. Jim was patient with him and walked him through each shot placement on the individual animals they had hunted. I was very pleased with all of my hunts and will continue to hunt with Jim whenever I get a chance. I highly recommend Jim and Rabys Hunting for any Exotic hunts in Texas!"

Richard Cason - Louisiana
"We had a great time with rabys hunting with Jim Raby. A lot of big bucks I'll be back to take a shot at thanks for a good hunt and all the help with my boys"

JJ Hall @ Hall Motor Co. Karney Nebraska
+ Andy H and all the guys who come in his group a few times

Steve Girtz @ Girts Tire - Minnesota

References Available !

Re: Jim Raby (Rabys Hunts) for Turkey? [Re: 2010bigdog] #4889428 01/06/14 12:51 AM
J
Jim Raby Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
J
Jim Raby
210-854-8171

www.rabyshunting.com

TROPHY AXIS DEER and BLACKBUCK ANTELOPE HUNTS - $2500 total package
2 nights lodging, Trophy Axis Buck + free hog and predator hunting

access to over 12,000 acres of Mostly FREE RANGE / LOW FENCE .. and Some High Fence Properties

Re: Jim Raby (Rabys Hunts) for Turkey? [Re: mulie_mike] #4889445 01/06/14 12:56 AM
J
Jim Raby Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
J
Muley Mike, can I get some assistance clearing this up, as we discussed that I have never guided any mule deer hunts, or any hunts in Far west Texas.
(nor do I guide on ranches where there is Other guides who would have been "on" the ranch at the same time) - as I do my own contracts with land owners.

the furthest west I have ever hunted was near Sanderson, As I Managed and Guided a High Fence Ranch out there a few years ago - but that was a 1 person operation. where no other guides or outfitters were ever there . Only me and the Hunters. No One else had any access to that property.

thank you sir !

Last edited by Jim Raby; 01/06/14 01:01 AM.
Re: Jim Raby (Rabys Hunts) for Turkey? [Re: Jim Raby] #4890062 01/06/14 04:50 AM
1FowlHntR Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
TO WHOMEVER CARES TO LISTEN:
I HAVE MISTAKEN THE JIM RABY ABOVE FOR THE MORE UNSCRUPULOUS JIM RABY THAT SELLS HUNTS ON CRAIGSLIST. IT WAS NOT MY INTENT TO HURT HIS FEELINGS NOR HIS REPUTATION BY MY ACTIONS, JUST TO INFORM A FELLOW HUNTER TO STEER CLEAR OF A MAN I THOUGH WAS ANOTHER. I AM TRULY SORRY FOR ANY DAMAGE I HAVE CAUSED HIS GOOD NAME AND FORMALLY APOLOGIZE AT THIS TIME.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Re: Jim Raby (Rabys Hunts) for Turkey? [Re: 2010bigdog] #4890189 01/06/14 11:38 AM
J
jdk1985 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
^ That's stand up character right there

Instagram @justinkingwoodworking
Re: Jim Raby (Rabys Hunts) for Turkey? [Re: 2010bigdog] #4891927 01/06/14 11:26 PM
J
Jim Raby Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
J
THANK YOU 1FowlHntr - I appreciate that .

im surprised that anyone else may have the same name as me, but could have been a similar name?
i know there is a lot of people with the last name "HABY" out in the Sabinal/Hondo area ...
(please don't get me into the same issue of mis-identifying anyone) .. as i don't want to put any negative thoughts to anyone with the "Haby" name , as i have never heard anything bad about any of them .. that's just the 1st thing that came to my mind when i think of anyone mistaking me for a different person, and being in the Hondo/Sabinal area. as i have spoke with people on the phone who have assumed i was a "haby" rather than a Raby. who knows, im glad we got this cleared up !! and thanks for the post to everyone helping me clear this. much appreciated !!

Re: Jim Raby (Rabys Hunts) for Turkey? [Re: Jim Raby] #4892675 01/07/14 03:42 AM
1FowlHntR Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted By: Jim Raby
THANK YOU 1FowlHntr - I appreciate that .

im surprised that anyone else may have the same name as me, but could have been a similar name?
i know there is a lot of people with the last name "HABY" out in the Sabinal/Hondo area ...
(please don't get me into the same issue of mis-identifying anyone) .. as i don't want to put any negative thoughts to anyone with the "Haby" name , as i have never heard anything bad about any of them .. that's just the 1st thing that came to my mind when i think of anyone mistaking me for a different person, and being in the Hondo/Sabinal area. as i have spoke with people on the phone who have assumed i was a "haby" rather than a Raby. who knows, im glad we got this cleared up !! and thanks for the post to everyone helping me clear this. much appreciated !!
Any time bud....Sorry again for mistaking you for the craigslist bandit!!

Re: Jim Raby (Rabys Hunts) for Turkey? [Re: 2010bigdog] #4893155 01/07/14 01:28 PM
H
Hogslayer5L Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
H
Im Jim Raby, yes Im the real Raby , all you other Jim Rabys are just imitating. So wont the Jim Raby please stand up? Please stand up.

-sorry if you are too old to get that

Re: Jim Raby (Rabys Hunts) for Turkey? [Re: Hogslayer5L] #4893179 01/07/14 01:44 PM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted By: Hogslayer5L
Im Jim Raby, yes Im the real Raby , all you other Jim Rabys are just imitating. So wont the Jim Raby please stand up? Please stand up.

Little Slim Shady drop right there!

Re: Jim Raby (Rabys Hunts) for Turkey? [Re: Hogslayer5L] #4893282 01/07/14 02:29 PM
H
hunthard Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
H
Originally Posted By: Hogslayer5L

LoL glad that got cleared up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide