Print Thread
Question for the Ladies #4892538 01/07/14 03:06 AM
L
lipstick and lead Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
L
Do you find it worth the money to buy specifically made women's hunting clothes? I always feel like there are less options and more money involved when buying hunting clothes. Aside from waders, bibs, and pants, I usually just go with the men's. Any opinions?

Re: Question for the Ladies [Re: lipstick and lead] #4893808 01/07/14 05:05 PM
T
TX_Huntress Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
I am not about to pay double the price for the gear "specially made for women". It's the same flippin material, even less of it since most of it is "contured, for the female figure". The only thing I want form-fitting is my long underwear.
My current boots, jacket and bibs are all men's.

I am smaller framed, so I am lucky I can find stuff in the youth section sometimes.

The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

[Linked Image]
Re: Question for the Ladies [Re: lipstick and lead] #4893850 01/07/14 05:17 PM
603Country Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
It's interesting, but often true, that something for the ladies is more expensive even if it's the same gear as for the guys. Some time back, when I played golf, I was looking at new sets of clubs. I wandered down the long aisle, looking at the various club selections and prices and I eventually got to Ladies golf clubs. Hmmm...same set as for the men. No difference that I could see except the shafts had been painted in a blue/green pastel in a color that men can't even pronounce. I called a sales guy over and asked him why the ladies clubs were twice (yes...twice) the price of the men's clubs. His response was "they'll pay it". Yup. Not kidding.

Not my monkeys, not my circus...
Re: Question for the Ladies [Re: TX_Huntress] #4893924 01/07/14 05:46 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
Originally Posted By: TX_Huntress
I am not about to pay double the price for the gear "specially made for women". It's the same flippin material, even less of it since most of it is "contured, for the female figure". The only thing I want form-fitting is my long underwear.

I am smaller framed, so I am lucky I can find stuff in the youth section sometimes.

My wife has heck getting men's hunting clothes to fit bc she has a small waist but a big rearend. She's found the women's under armour pants and jackets to be tapered right to fit her, Yukonwear, the Men's Cabela's Dry-plus bibs to fit her only when she was midway through her pregnancy, King's Camo & some of the Prois clothes that weren't cut almost identical to SheSafari. Those all run right around the same price as the mens clothes and seem to be worth every penny... now she just needs to stay the same size and continue to fit into all of it so I don't have to put up with that headache again. grin

Re: Question for the Ladies [Re: lipstick and lead] #4894270 01/07/14 07:45 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: lipstick and lead
Do you find it worth the money to buy specifi made women's hunting clothes? I always feel like there are less options and more money involved when buying hunting clothes. Aside from waders, bibs, and pants, I usually just go with the men's. Any opinions?

My wife and her best friend just invested in the bass pro branded "she" bibs and jacket. The price was right in line with mens. Now is the best time to buy do to end of season. Wife hates men's clothing do to fit.

My wife has some she safari stuff and she thinks its junk, except their waders

Bottom line, never trust a man whose uncle was eaten by cannibals.-Sen Joni Ernst
Re: Question for the Ladies [Re: TX_Huntress] #4895449 01/08/14 03:12 AM
L
lipstick and lead Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
L
Originally Posted By: TX_Huntress

see, I'm about 5'4" but I've got a shape that doesn't work well with youth. The bottoms are always to snug, but men's are so baggy sometimes they make it hard to walk! I actually only have one pair of women's camo pants aside from my bib and waders. I usually just wear sweat pants under them.
Glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks all the female figured clothes aren't worth it partyon555

Re: Question for the Ladies [Re: lipstick and lead] #4896006 01/08/14 02:35 PM
S
Sprman Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
My wife has a few items geared toward the female figure. She love them. Best time to buy is at the end of the season when stuff goes on clearance. For outer layers, she still wears my stuff most of the time. Last year I got her some she safari pants, shirt and under armor cold gear stuff for less than $50 for all of it. Gotta love clearance sales!

Re: Question for the Ladies [Re: rifleman] #4898095 01/09/14 03:58 AM
T
TX_Huntress Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Rifleman, I have the same problem with pants that your wife has. I have to be able to try stuff on, can't just order from the web, and I'm not in those type stores very often so have a hard time finding stuff on sale. I have never found anything from SheSafari marked down enough for me to want to give them a shot.

The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

[Linked Image]
Re: Question for the Ladies [Re: lipstick and lead] #4898865 01/09/14 04:21 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
We found a bunch at BPS in Katy that was marked down the year she was getting geared up to go to CO for the first time. The SheSafari was pants were just high cut and to fit hips it left them way too big on waist. The UA pants are low cut which is pretty much what she needs on everything. I should have bought stock in BPS & Cabela's before she went on that camo shopping spree.

Re: Question for the Ladies [Re: lipstick and lead] #4902525 01/11/14 12:51 AM
C
cody Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Academy seems to have a good selection of Game Winner stuff now for ladies.

Re: Question for the Ladies [Re: lipstick and lead] #4904897 01/12/14 11:30 AM
My stand is pink camo Offline
Kickingbird
Kickingbird
I have a mix matched variety. I have the She pants and I love them, took me forever to fork over the money for them but they are great pants and very durable. My coat is Game Winner, it's not the warmest coat so I layer up on colder days. I like to buy my shirts from deergear.com I recently got the Justin ladies snake boots at their outlet store, nice boots but my old Redhead snake boots were more comfortable.

I will take a good rain or a new calf whenever I can get it -Jack Ratjen
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide