Things a DI might say to his kids! #4864216 12/24/13 09:25 PM
H
Hunt n Fish Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
H
22 Things a Drill Instructor Might Want to Say to His Kids

1. The purpose of this counseling is to orient you to the military family you were born into and to ensure that all family issues are resolved easily … until you piss me off.

2. There will be no crying or whining for any reason or a reason will be issued to you.

3. The food provided in this house will be eaten without complaint, if you don’t like it take a knee, face out and drink some water.

4. As your father I have the final say on how you spend your money. Don’t like it? Do some pushups.

5. If you don’t dress age-appropriately, your “new” clothes will consist of my old (altered-especially-for-you) fatigues.

6. There will be zero tolerance when it comes to disrespect, so think about it before you give me a reason to take you out.

7. You getting an education isn’t open for discussion … ever. If your grades aren’t satisfactory, remedial action will soon follow.

8. Treat those around you with respect, however if there’s no other option you are authorized to handle your business.

9. If I didn’t give you an attitude when you were born then you will not have one, EVER.

10. By age 18 you will know what you want to do in life; if not can you say “enlisted”?

11. By age 20 you will be out of the house because I love your mother.

12. You aren’t authorized to have a child before we’re ready for you to be a parent, (but if you do) remember it’s YOUR child not mine.

13. Know that God gave me patience, but only so much.

14. When it comes to dating, remember I am well-trained in the use of firearms and level three combative-certified; and I will shoot first and ask questions later.

15. Remember it can always be worse, don’t make me prove it.

16. I don’t drink alcohol, smoke or do drugs, so guess what? Hello?! You don’t either.

17. You will play some form of sports, and video games don’t count unless it becomes an event in the Olympics.

18. Regarding (paid) chores: if you’re not fired up with motivation, you will be fired with enthusiasm and still have to do it.

19. I reserve the right to an open clause: If you [fill in the blank here] … aka do anything else that I can’t think of right now and break protocol—you don’t have to leave, but you can’t stay here.

20. Plan of action: if there’s anything you disagree with on this form, keep it to yourself until you move out.

21. You don’t need to sign this form, it’s already in the rules and regulations; compliance is mandatory, else I will Article 15 you’re a—.

22. As your Drill Instructor father, I approve this message.

up

I really like #6

HnF

"Prayer is when you talk to the Lord, Meditation is when you listen to what he says"
Re: Things a DI might say to his kids! [Re: Hunt n Fish] #4864388 12/24/13 10:53 PM
C
chital_shikari Offline
Minor in training
Minor in training
C
Bout sums up my life lol. up
Though my parents aren ex-military or DIs or even mean for that matter lol.

Re: Things a DI might say to his kids! [Re: Hunt n Fish] #4864568 12/25/13 12:24 AM
O
Okiedog Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
O
Sounds like you're not concerned about bruising your kids character.

Re: Things a DI might say to his kids! [Re: Okiedog] #4864593 12/25/13 12:39 AM
K
Kenneth1977 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: Okiedog

Maybe if some parents wouldn't care about it so much and not care about what others think we would have a lot less kids in trouble and in jail.
Good words to teach the. How to be !!!!!

Re: Things a DI might say to his kids! [Re: Hunt n Fish] #4864822 12/25/13 03:04 AM
J
JJK Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
Should be every parents motto.

Re: Things a DI might say to his kids! [Re: Okiedog] #4869593 12/27/13 04:39 PM
H
Hunt n Fish Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
H

Nope! I'm not quite as hard as the statements, but close. Both of 'em turned out to be fine respectable family oriented upstanding citizens and are raising their kids to be fine upstanding members of society with a desire to work for things they do not have. They make good sound decisions and ask for advice on things they're not sure about. I'm a little biased but both their character and integrity are above reproach.

#6 is still my favorite ..... cheers

HnF

"Prayer is when you talk to the Lord, Meditation is when you listen to what he says"
Re: Things a DI might say to his kids! [Re: Okiedog] #4869819 12/27/13 06:12 PM
T
talkturkey Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T

SAY WHAT? Now that's funny right there. roflmao

Re: Things a DI might say to his kids! [Re: Hunt n Fish] #4870833 12/28/13 03:00 AM
O
Okiedog Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
O
Originally Posted By: Hunt n Fish

Nope! I'm not quite as hard as the statements, but close. Both of 'em turned out to be fine respectable family oriented upstanding citizens and are raising their kids to be fine upstanding members of society with a desire to work for things they do not have. They make good sound decisions and ask for advice on things they're not sure about. I'm a little biased but both their character and integrity are above reproach.

#6 is still my favorite ..... cheers

Sounds like you've done an excellent job of raising you kids. We've raised 3 kids and #6 has always been rule #1 in our house.

Re: Things a DI might say to his kids! [Re: Hunt n Fish] #4870868 12/28/13 03:12 AM
H
Hybridmoose Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
I've only had to get military with my kids a couple of times. Trust me it works and, they show respect.

Re: Things a DI might say to his kids! [Re: Hunt n Fish] #4872291 12/29/13 02:08 AM
O
Old Rabbit Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
O
Thats the way my dad raised me and my brother. We both raised our kids the same way except for part of # 14 combative-certified. All 3 of mine have college degrees and good jobs. They lived in a house near the university and when the retired next door neighbor told me they were great kids that showed respect I knew we raised them right.

Re: Things a DI might say to his kids! [Re: Kenneth1977] #4885408 01/03/14 09:16 PM
S
Sab Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
S
Originally Posted By: Kenneth1977

Maybe if some parents wouldn't care about it so much and not care about what others think we would have a lot less kids in trouble and in jail.
Good words to teach the. How to be !!!!!

Truer words were never spoken. period. Too bad this can't be a sticky in the delivery room for all parents to follow

Sab-yup, that's my name
Re: Things a DI might say to his kids! [Re: Hunt n Fish] #4885569 01/03/14 10:30 PM
J
JRPurvis Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
J
Can't agree with the #6, unfortunately. It would be nice if the parents deserved respect, or worked to be worthy of respect, but all too often I don't see that happening. Far too often I see parents that deserve little or no respect. Having a kid means nothing - choosing not to use birth control does not mean instant respect should be given.

If a parent wants the kid to fear them, that's easy, and many of the rules printed above would do that just fine. If a parent wants respect, they should earn it. It seems to me there are as many parents unwilling to earn respect as there are kids unwilling to give it when it is deserved.

Deer quality is not measured by antler size
Re: Things a DI might say to his kids! [Re: Hunt n Fish] #4886737 01/04/14 04:05 PM
H
Hunt n Fish Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
H
One cannot "demand" respect, one can only "command" respect!

Parents need to practice what they preach. In my mind one cannot ask a child to be respectful without being respectful themselves.

Somewhere in a land a long time ago some parents decided that having kids was just a fun thing to do without any thought given to how they would be raised or how to interact with other persons.

IMHO the underlying message in #6 is: "If you are my child, I can discipline you and be respectful about it. If I am being respectful to you, then as my child you WILL be respectful to me". Once the message of mutual respect was accepted, then we were able to discuss the "do's" and "not do's" with a some level of understanding.

(A lot of people could use a lesson in respect when dealing with people in their everyday lives. 2cents)

Having said that: I still like #6 up

HnF

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide