Forums46
Topics538,507
Posts9,738,003
Members87,094
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
Re: Game Warden shot in the chest across the road from my place tonight........ [Re: DallasShootingSupplies] #4875080 12/30/13 03:03 PM
U
upsslim Offline
Tracker
Tracker
U
This is a post from another forum. I DON'T KNOW IF THIS IS TRUE

Talked to the family and he was out hunting and there were a bunch of kids ages 16-20 out messing around with deer rifles. They were making so much noise he got out of his stand to go investigate. One of the kids shot him on accident. Bullet went in, but didn't come out. He was in surgery for 6 hours and is now in ICU. Stable but in critical condition.

After he was shot he got out his cell phone to call his wife but called another game warden on accident, just so happened he knew where Chris was hunting and was able to get to him in time. Please send your prayers for this family. They have endured so much this year. They lost there 2 year grandson this year and now this. I don't know how much more they can take.

East Texas
Patriot Guard Rider
Flag Captain
Re: Game Warden shot in the chest across the road from my place tonight........ [Re: lakewaydr50] #4875095 12/30/13 03:08 PM
D
dkershen Offline
Rev Dave
Rev Dave
D
Thanks for the update. Prayers up.

To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

www.NewHopeEquine.com - Health and Healing through Horses.
Re: Game Warden shot in the chest across the road from my place tonight........ [Re: lakewaydr50] #4875100 12/30/13 03:11 PM
My stand is pink camo Offline
Kickingbird
Kickingbird
Prayers for him and his family!!!

I will take a good rain or a new calf whenever I can get it -Jack Ratjen
Re: Game Warden shot in the chest across the road from my place tonight........ [Re: lakewaydr50] #4875117 12/30/13 03:23 PM
D
DLALLDER Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
News from Tyler TV last night said it appeared to be an accident.

Re: Game Warden shot in the chest across the road from my place tonight........ [Re: DallasShootingSupplies] #4875147 12/30/13 03:40 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: DallasShootingSupplies
Hope they find who did this and prosecute them to the fullest. I know him and our land is near there.

There is no "accident" when shooting someone in the chest. I spend 1-2 nights a week hunting at NIGHT and would be impossible for me to do, its very easy to see what the heck I am shooting at. This makes me mad.

x2

Accidents like this are unnacceptable and at best reckless endangerment, should never be called accidents

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Game Warden shot in the chest across the road from my place tonight........ [Re: lakewaydr50] #4875183 12/30/13 03:51 PM
B
BSolomon Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
The one question I have. If it was a accident why is the person not in custody or at least known.

New To The Area But Not The Hunt!
Re: Game Warden shot in the chest across the road from my place tonight........ [Re: BSolomon] #4875257 12/30/13 04:19 PM
H
hunthard Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
H
Originally Posted By: BSolomon
The one question I have. If it was a accident why is the person not in custody or at least known.

The news said they had a person in custody. Since it may be a minor they will not release anymore info about them.

Prayers go out out Chris and all his loved ones.

Re: Game Warden shot in the chest across the road from my place tonight........ [Re: lakewaydr50] #4875267 12/30/13 04:24 PM
C
Cajun Raider Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
Prayers. While it is probably an accident, parents of the kid should have some liability in my opinion. Hope he pulls through.

Don't talk the talk if you didn't walk the walk.
Re: Game Warden shot in the chest across the road from my place tonight........ [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #4875309 12/30/13 04:47 PM
C
crapicat Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator
Hope they find who did this and prosecute them to the fullest. I know him and our land is near there.

There is no "accident" when shooting someone in the chest. I spend 1-2 nights a week hunting at NIGHT and would be impossible for me to do, its very easy to see what the heck I am shooting at. This makes me mad.

x2

Accidents like this are unnacceptable and at best reckless endangerment, should never be called accidents

Without knowing the EXACT facts, I REFUSE to pass judgement or state bad occurrences are unacceptable...keeps me from having to EXTRACT MY FOOT from my Mouth later on...basically, either way remember at least two people will have their lives ALTERED forever...probably many more, so don't try to make it worse than it already is....

Re: Game Warden shot in the chest across the road from my place tonight........ [Re: upsslim] #4875337 12/30/13 04:56 PM
Z
Zipster Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
Z
Originally Posted By: upsslim
This is a post from another forum. I DON'T KNOW IF THIS IS TRUE

Talked to the family and he was out hunting and there were a bunch of kids ages 16-20 out messing around with deer rifles. They were making so much noise he got out of his stand to go investigate. One of the kids shot him on accident. Bullet went in, but didn't come out. He was in surgery for 6 hours and is now in ICU. Stable but in critical condition.

After he was shot he got out his cell phone to call his wife but called another game warden on accident, just so happened he knew where Chris was hunting and was able to get to him in time. Please send your prayers for this family. They have endured so much this year. They lost there 2 year grandson this year and now this. I don't know how much more they can take.

Its true. I posted it on the TFF. Chris's In-laws are very close friends of ours. WE spoke to them this morning around 7:30.

Re: Game Warden shot in the chest across the road from my place tonight........ [Re: Cajun Raider] #4875338 12/30/13 04:57 PM
C
crapicat Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: Cajun Raider
Prayers. While it is probably an accident, parents of the kid should have some liability in my opinion. Hope he pulls through.

Are you an ATTORNEY?

Forum members...MY Prayers go out to EVERYONE INVOLVED, directly or indirectly...for those that will be punished the MOST are the one's innocent of wrongdoing and were not even there or otherwise involved. If you have ever seen the way ATTORNEYS come out of the woodwork (like cockroaches) on a situation like this and cause untold amounts of pain/anguish on those not even remotely involved...you would also PRAY FOR EVERYONE INVOLVED...instead of passing half-fast judgement (without merit) on others especially those not involved.

Re: Game Warden shot in the chest across the road from my place tonight........ [Re: lakewaydr50] #4875375 12/30/13 05:08 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Anybody down that way organizing a Blood Drive yet? There is always a need, and possibly more of a need with a serious incident like this.
Prayers for all...
Ron

It is TIME for Term Limits, cause Politicians are like childrens diapers and for the same reasons...Robin Williams

"These are the times that try men's soul's"...Thomas Paine

"Those who fail to learn from History are doomed to repeat it" ....Santayana
Re: Game Warden shot in the chest across the road from my place tonight........ [Re: crapicat] #4875376 12/30/13 05:08 PM
U
upsslim Offline
Tracker
Tracker
U
I just talked to someone who has been with Chris. He said the surgery went real good. He is in ICU. The shot got both lungs. He is real lucky to be alive. He said it was an accident. An 18 yr. old was involved.
That's all I will say about that.

East Texas
Patriot Guard Rider
Flag Captain
Re: Game Warden shot in the chest across the road from my place tonight........ [Re: crapicat] #4875390 12/30/13 05:14 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: crapicat

x2

Without knowing the EXACT facts, I REFUSE to pass judgement or state bad occurrences are unacceptable...keeps me from having to EXTRACT MY FOOT from my Mouth later on...basically, either way remember at least two people will have their lives ALTERED forever...probably many more, so don't try to make it worse than it already is....

Stand by what I said. When you shoot a rifle you are responsible for where that bullet goes. Period.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Game Warden shot in the chest across the road from my place tonight........ [Re: lakewaydr50] #4875414 12/30/13 05:27 PM
Big Tony Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I have been tryin' to keep up with bits and pieces of this story. I must have missed where they said WHAT he was shot with. I was assuming it was a bow. I never read that it was a gun.

"A hunt based only on trophies taken, falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be." -Fred Bear
Re: Game Warden shot in the chest across the road from my place tonight........ [Re: Big Tony] #4875536 12/30/13 06:16 PM
L
lakewaydr50 Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
L
Originally Posted By: Big Tony
I have been tryin' to keep up with bits and pieces of this story. I must have missed where they said WHAT he was shot with. I was assuming it was a bow. I never read that it was a gun.
It was a gun, I just saw a post on FB and a news story on Channel 5 out of DFW. Cindy Roller the editor of our local paper in Cooper just posted that he just got through a lengthy surgery to remove the bullet and is stable.

Isaiah 40:31 "but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."
Re: Game Warden shot in the chest across the road from my place tonight........ [Re: lakewaydr50] #4875655 12/30/13 07:11 PM
B
banderapass1 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
B
WOW!!..Hope he pulls through and will be ok...Praying for him and his family!!!

Always Pray to have eyes that see the best in people,
a heart that forgives the worst,
a mind that forgets the bad,
and a Soul that never loses faith in God.

Texas Tech University,Alumni
Lubbock Christian University,Alumni

Re: Game Warden shot in the chest across the road from my place tonight........ [Re: lakewaydr50] #4875666 12/30/13 07:17 PM
Big Tony Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: lakewaydr50
Originally Posted By: Big Tony
It was a gun, I just saw a post on FB and a news story on Channel 5 out of DFW. Cindy Roller the editor of our local paper in Cooper just posted that he just got through a lengthy surgery to remove the bullet and is stable.

up

"A hunt based only on trophies taken, falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be." -Fred Bear
Re: Game Warden shot in the chest across the road from my place tonight........ [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #4875744 12/30/13 07:49 PM
A
Aggieduck Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
A
Originally Posted By: crapicat

x2

Stand by what I said. When you shoot a rifle you are responsible for where that bullet goes. Period.

Couldn't agree more. Crapicat is just playing devils advocate, I hope!

Re: Game Warden shot in the chest across the road from my place tonight........ [Re: Aggieduck] #4875911 12/30/13 09:08 PM
D
DallasShootingSupplies Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
Agree. There is no ACCIDENTLY shooting someone in the chest, only negligence. Could care less if the attorneys go after who is responsible, they SHOULD. Whoever pulled the trigger and shot him is at FAULT.

There is no accident here, only negligence and or stupidity.

www.class3machining.com
Barrel Threading
50k+ barrels done. Zero Baffle Strikes
www.facebook.com/barrelthreading
www.instagram.com/class_3_machining/
Recommended by Silencerco, Capitol Armory, Hansohn Brothers, Gemtech, Ally Outfitters, The Firearm Blog etc
Re: Game Warden shot in the chest across the road from my place tonight........ [Re: lakewaydr50] #4875944 12/30/13 09:32 PM
M
Mohawg Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
Bad deal. Prayers up for him.

Re: Game Warden shot in the chest across the road from my place tonight........ [Re: lakewaydr50] #4875956 12/30/13 09:35 PM
Z
Zipster Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
Z
It was a 308. Hit both lungs. Lucky to be alive

Re: Game Warden shot in the chest across the road from my place tonight........ [Re: lakewaydr50] #4875995 12/30/13 09:58 PM
S
splash556 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Bad deal all around. Prayers up for the GW, his recovery and strength for his family.

Hopefully the shooter owns up so that the situation does not draw out. As stated earlier, if the shooting proves unintentional, more than one family's future will be altered. Just glad the GW appears to be recovering.

[Linked Image]
Re: Game Warden shot in the chest across the road from my place tonight........ [Re: lakewaydr50] #4876231 12/30/13 11:52 PM
T
Texas Dan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Did the shooting occur in a state park during an organized hunt? How did the idiots become involved with it, or did they enter the park without permission?

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Re: Game Warden shot in the chest across the road from my place tonight........ [Re: Texas Dan] #4876263 12/31/13 12:08 AM
U
upsslim Offline
Tracker
Tracker
U
It did not happen in a State Park. Chris was on a wildlife management area. The shooter was on private property a good distance from the WMA fence.

East Texas
Patriot Guard Rider
Flag Captain
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide