Forums46
Topics538,905
Posts9,742,775
Members87,125
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Questionable Arrest in Temple Video [Re: artrios60] #4869670 12/27/13 05:10 PM
texretvet Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
If you are a law enforcement officer and you enforce unconstitutional laws on the public, then YOU ARE A COWARD.

"I'm just enforcing the laws that are on the books, if you want them to change then contact the lawmakers" is no longer a valid excuse for your thuggish behavior. There were plenty of Nazis that used that excuse.

You work for the citizens, not for the government.

Be the man and the Peace Officer that you swore to be.

Re: Questionable Arrest in Temple Video [Re: RedRanger] #4870002 12/27/13 07:45 PM
B
BOONER Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted By: RedRanger
Don't police have to be in shape?

I thought one was required to stay in good health

Lol. I think they just have to pass the test once. If not the physical test cant be very tuff. Lots of fat cops out there.

Re: Questionable Arrest in Temple Video [Re: BOONER] #4870478 12/27/13 11:48 PM
texretvet Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: BOONER

Lol. I think they just have to pass the test once. If not the physical test cant be very tuff. Lots of fat cops out there.

Not much physical ability required to write a traffic ticket. If things ever get worse than that, it's pretty hard for a bad guy to outrun a bullet.

Re: Questionable Arrest in Temple Video [Re: RedRanger] #4871171 12/28/13 12:48 PM
C
Concho Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C

Depends on the agency and what standards they have.......some have quarterly tests.

Re: Questionable Arrest in Temple Video [Re: texretvet] #4871174 12/28/13 12:53 PM
C
Concho Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: texretvet
If you are a law enforcement officer and you enforce unconstitutional laws on the public, then YOU ARE A COWARD.

"I'm just enforcing the laws that are on the books, if you want them to change then contact the lawmakers" is no longer a valid excuse for your thuggish behavior. There were plenty of Nazis that used that excuse.

So a law enforcement officer needs to be a Constitutional lawyer and have the power of the high courts to decide what he/she will or will not enforce, even though these laws have been passed by the state or federal government and signed into law, interesting........and because they have a duty to enforce some law you believe to be unconstitutional, even though I'm betting you have No law degree, they are cowards, what a wacky statement......

Last edited by Concho; 12/28/13 12:58 PM.

Re: Questionable Arrest in Temple Video [Re: artrios60] #4871180 12/28/13 01:05 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
The guy arrested or harassed make some valid points

Re: Questionable Arrest in Temple Video [Re: artrios60] #4871183 12/28/13 01:06 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
I came from Irving and Dallas and the cops were horrible there.

Now in Frisco the police are about serving the citizens

Re: Questionable Arrest in Temple Video [Re: texretvet] #4871311 12/28/13 02:56 PM
B
Brother in-law Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B

It sounds like you have been watching all of the you tube videos flying around the net. Pretty classy

Re: Questionable Arrest in Temple Video [Re: RedRanger] #4871670 12/28/13 07:12 PM
B
BOONER Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B

What about the ones in Addison, how are they?

Re: Questionable Arrest in Temple Video [Re: BOONER] #4871917 12/28/13 10:39 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

I have no clue

Do you know?

Re: Questionable Arrest in Temple Video [Re: RedRanger] #4871978 12/28/13 11:15 PM
B
BOONER Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B

I have no clue

Do you know?

Dang, I was hoping you had some bad stuff to say about them so I could give my brother a hard time. He is an officer there.

Re: Questionable Arrest in Temple Video [Re: BOONER] #4871996 12/28/13 11:27 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

I have no clue

Do you know?

Dang, I was hoping you had some bad stuff to say about them so I could give my brother a hard time. He is an officer there.

Tell him to come visit me I will let you know after I chat him. He may be a cool cat......

Re: Questionable Arrest in Temple Video [Re: BOONER] #4872126 12/29/13 12:50 AM
B
Brother in-law Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Not long ago Addison had to do fitness requirements at least once a year. If I remember correctly it was "harder" that some of the other depts. that required them.

Re: Questionable Arrest in Temple Video [Re: Brother in-law] #4872323 12/29/13 02:30 AM
B
BOONER Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted By: Brother in-law
Not long ago Addison had to do fitness requirements at least once a year. If I remember correctly it was "harder" that some of the other depts. that required them.

I believe it. He is very fit and could run circles around me all day long.

Re: Questionable Arrest in Temple Video [Re: artrios60] #4873149 12/29/13 04:58 PM
T
Texan 65 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
I find most cops enforce the laws they want to and do not know the laws they should enforce. That being said....I would not want their job and my hat goes of to those guys and gals who do it but I do not have to like them or tolerate their BS.

Re: Questionable Arrest in Temple Video [Re: Concho] #4878213 12/31/13 09:58 PM
texretvet Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: Concho

So a law enforcement officer needs to be a Constitutional lawyer and have the power of the high courts to decide what he/she will or will not enforce, even though these laws have been passed by the state or federal government and signed into law, interesting........and because they have a duty to enforce some law you believe to be unconstitutional, even though I'm betting you have No law degree, they are cowards, what a wacky statement......

This is exactly what I'm talking about. You believe that Police Officers have a "duty" to enforce laws that they think are unconstitutional.

When the Nuremberg Laws became effective in 1936, the Brownshirts, Gestapo, and other Reich Law Enforcement entities must have thought the same way you do.

"These laws are obviously wrong, but we will enforce them because they have been passed by the Reich-stag. We are not lawyers so we are not the ones to decide what laws are right or wrong."

Re: Questionable Arrest in Temple Video [Re: Brother in-law] #4878228 12/31/13 10:03 PM
texretvet Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: Brother in-law

It sounds like you have been watching all of the you tube videos flying around the net. Pretty classy

It sounds like you have never read any books about history. Pretty classy.

Re: Questionable Arrest in Temple Video [Re: texretvet] #4879340 01/01/14 02:01 PM
C
Concho Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C

This is exactly what I'm talking about. You believe that Police Officers have a "duty" to enforce laws that they think are unconstitutional.

When the Nuremberg Laws became effective in 1936, the Brownshirts, Gestapo, and other Reich Law Enforcement entities must have thought the same way you do.

"These laws are obviously wrong, but we will enforce them because they have been passed by the Reich-stag. We are not lawyers so we are not the ones to decide what laws are right or wrong."

Your statements about our police, government, and Gestapo tell me all I need to know about you, it is very apparent that you are out-of-touch with the real world. Who gets to decide if these duly passed laws are unconstitutional......you? I shouldn't even respond to these post, the Forum has become so far "Out There" that the "Reich Stag" is probably watching on a daily basis......We strain a gnat and swallow a camel here in the Forum, can't get in heated discussions but we can post whatever out-of-this-world garbage that we want and encourage folks to ignore laws that have been passed and signed. If you don't like the laws, either #1 move somewhere else, #2 complain down in Austin or up in Washington, or #3 run for office and make a difference. To place the responsibility on police officers to violate state/federal laws just because you think they are unconstitutional is to the point of lunacy.......and to call someone a coward for doing their job, a job you couldn't do if you tried, is really, really childish.

Re: Questionable Arrest in Temple Video [Re: Concho] #4879795 01/01/14 06:09 PM
texretvet Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter

Your statements about our police, government, and Gestapo tell me all I need to know about you, it is very apparent that you are out-of-touch with the real world. Who gets to decide if these duly passed laws are unconstitutional......you? I shouldn't even respond to these post, the Forum has become so far "Out There" that the "Reich Stag" is probably watching on a daily basis......We strain a gnat and swallow a camel here in the Forum, can't get in heated discussions but we can post whatever out-of-this-world garbage that we want and encourage folks to ignore laws that have been passed and signed. If you don't like the laws, either #1 move somewhere else, #2 complain down in Austin or up in Washington, or #3 run for office and make a difference. To place the responsibility on police officers to violate state/federal laws just because you think they are unconstitutional is to the point of lunacy.......and to call someone a coward for doing their job, a job you couldn't do if you tried, is really, really childish.

If you have that much trouble dealing with the idea that anyone has a different opinion than yours, then you're right, you shouldn't even respond to these posts.

Maybe there should be a law passed banning anyone from thinking differently from you. Hey, you would get to enforce it, too! How fun! clap

Re: Questionable Arrest in Temple Video [Re: texretvet] #4879996 01/01/14 07:40 PM
C
Concho Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
No problem having a different opinion, but by your way of thinking, any decent officer should resign before getting sworn in because there might be a law he/she doesn't agree with.....as adults we do a bunch of things we said we wouldn't do, I said there were many things my children could not do, and I'm eating every word.

Last edited by Concho; 01/01/14 07:41 PM.

Re: Questionable Arrest in Temple Video [Re: TreeBass] #4886917 01/04/14 05:32 PM
J
Jangle Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
J
Originally Posted By: TreeBass

Please post verse and chapter from the bible that God gave you the right to bear arms... (I'll be waiting for this one)

Luke 22:36 (Bible)

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"A competent leader can get efficient service from poor troops, while on the contrary an incapable leader can demoralize the best of troops."
-- Gen. John J. Pershing
Re: Questionable Arrest in Temple Video [Re: artrios60] #4887154 01/04/14 08:30 PM
SirDuke Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
For I tell you that this Scripture must be fulfilled in me: ‘And he was numbered with the transgressors.’ For what is written about me has its fulfillment.” (Luke 22:37 ESV)

Transgressors are violators of law.

Re: Questionable Arrest in Temple Video [Re: artrios60] #4887166 01/04/14 08:36 PM
SirDuke Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
We the people no longer exists. There is only us and them. If you are not with us you are with them.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide