Forums46
Topics538,360
Posts9,736,309
Members87,083
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Got checked by the game warden yesterday [Re: therock] #4840433 12/16/13 01:07 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
That is sorry, but completely believable. Some people just don't have a lick of sense. Give them some power, and look out.

Re: Got checked by the game warden yesterday [Re: Sneaky] #4840464 12/16/13 01:14 AM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
Originally Posted By: Sneaky
That is sorry, but completely believable. Some people just don't have a lick of sense. Give them some power, and look out.

Lack of sense, is why you have people in power. Pretty obvious self policing does not work.

If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you..

"Don't trust everything you read on the Internet"- Abraham Lincoln

Dennis

Re: Got checked by the game warden yesterday [Re: Seadog] #4840482 12/16/13 01:17 AM
C
chital_shikari Offline
Minor in training
Minor in training
C
Originally Posted By: Seadog
Its good to know that they are out and about in the area!!!

Re: Got checked by the game warden yesterday [Re: therock] #4840673 12/16/13 02:08 AM
H
Hogman4127 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
I think its the everybody gets a trophy attitude on steroids. Lets start crying about someones rights being violated even when they weren't. Lets complain about everything even when we don't have all the facts.

Yep this is what America has come to.

Re: Got checked by the game warden yesterday [Re: Hogman4127] #4840714 12/16/13 02:19 AM
B
BOONER Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted By: Hogman4127
I think its the everybody gets a trophy attitude on steroids. Lets start crying about someones rights being violated even when they weren't. Lets complain about everything even when we don't have all the facts.

Yep this is what America has come to.

What facts are you missing? Are you on a bad trip? Every one gets trophies to checking a man working on a tractor for a hunting license is a huge leap even for a tweaker!!! What are you talking about???

Re: Got checked by the game warden yesterday [Re: BOONER] #4840826 12/16/13 02:46 AM
H
Hogman4127 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
So now when someone has a different opinion they are a drug user. Thats about right coming from a berry eater.

What right was violated. He made cobtact with someone and asked a question. The guy admitted to hunting and was checked.

What is the he problem. What right was violated.

It sounds like you have personal beef with a GW or maybe the type that got his lunch money taken at school and just cries about anything, even when he doesn't know what he is talking about.

I dont mind someone having a different opinion but put your big boy pants on and rationally explain what rights were violated

Beore you start crying about the lunch money comment it is what you are sounding like

Re: Got checked by the game warden yesterday [Re: Hogman4127] #4840938 12/16/13 03:09 AM
T
TxDispatcher Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
popcorn

Originally Posted by East...
Originally Posted by East...
I will get off in a little bit

You shouldnt have said that
Re: Got checked by the game warden yesterday [Re: therock] #4841019 12/16/13 03:25 AM
Double Naught Spy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Quote:
What right was violated. He made cobtact with someone and asked a question. The guy admitted to hunting and was checked.

As per the OP, you have your facts in the wrong order. He checked the guy and was THEN queried about hunting, not the other way around. Plus Dan has repeatedly stated that there were no signs of any sort of hunting activity visible.

Quote:
He asked to see my license and then asked if I had any luck this season.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: Got checked by the game warden yesterday [Re: Big Orn] #4841037 12/16/13 03:29 AM
G
gary75758 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
G
Originally Posted By: Big Orn
This thread went the ditch...

+1 texas

Re: Got checked by the game warden yesterday [Re: BOONER] #4841068 12/16/13 03:33 AM
G
gary75758 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
G
Originally Posted By: BOONER
Originally Posted By: gary75758
With all the road hunters and poachers in my area I welcome the GW asking everyone, in past few years the GW has been very visible in the area and it is amazing the number of deer you can now see when driving down the roads. I hope they keep it up. texas

Yea who cares about individual rights as long as YOUR hunting is better. up

If you had your place broken into, items stolen and deer poached on your place texas you would be singing a different tune

Re: Got checked by the game warden yesterday [Re: gary75758] #4841091 12/16/13 03:38 AM
K
KG68 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
It's been a good read but goodnight ya'll. Some of us need more rest than you young'uns. up

Re: Got checked by the game warden yesterday [Re: gary75758] #4841115 12/16/13 03:45 AM
H
Hogman4127 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
The barn is at the hunting camp. Right? I just dont see how any right was violated.

I gave the GW the codes to my gates and to the property I lease. Dont have a problem with him checking me. He has checked me twice this year.

Have I ever had a bad/ rude encounter with a GW. yes I have. I do not let that dictate how I interact with the other GWs though.

Re: Got checked by the game warden yesterday [Re: Hogman4127] #4841201 12/16/13 04:06 AM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
To answer the question:

The right that was violated is that the GW had no reasonable suspicion for even a "Terry" stop (look it up) and certainly no probable cause to believe a law violation had been committed.

As Americans under the Constitution, we have the right to be free from intrusion of any LEO involvement in our daily business unless there is a basis for such intrusion. It is called the right of privacy guaranteed by the 4th amendment.

We do not live in a totalitarian state where the police can just ask us questions or make us comply with their demands for no reason just because they are the police. In America, the government works for the people, not vice versa.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Got checked by the game warden yesterday [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #4841206 12/16/13 04:11 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
To answer the question:

The right that was violated is that the GW had no reasonable suspicion for even a "Terry" stop (look it up) and certainly no probable cause to believe a law violation had been committed.

As Americans under the Constitution, we have the right to be free from intrusion of any LEO involvement in our daily business unless there is a basis for such intrusion. It is called the right of privacy guaranteed by the 4th amendment.

We do not live in a totalitarian state where the police can just ask us questions or make us comply with their demands for no reason just because they are the police. In America, the government works for the people, not vice versa.

A very well written piece from a man that practices law. Thank you Nog.

Re: Got checked by the game warden yesterday [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #4841207 12/16/13 04:11 AM
J
JRR Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
If I'm on my tractor, which I am, and a fish cop wants to see my hunting license he can pound sand.

Re: Got checked by the game warden yesterday [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #4841218 12/16/13 04:15 AM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
A lot of LEOs knowingly violate rights/cross the line because: 1)most people don't know their rights and/or 2)they just want to see if they can get you to waive your rights by complying.

I get it. And most of the time I let it slide. But when I choose to stand on my rights no LEO should get pissy about it. Some do, and that irks the you-know-what out of me.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Got checked by the game warden yesterday [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #4841241 12/16/13 04:27 AM
P
ParkCountyElkDestroyer Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
P
I would have been PO'd. I have a much more negative view on game wardens though. The fisher county GW pulled me over and wrote me a ticket for turning left out of the right lane at the intersection in Roby. A. there was no one at the intersection because Roby is a ghost town and B. the lane markers were so faded that I couldn't even tell it was two separate lanes. Ever since that experience GW's have left a sour taste in my mouth. I know they help us a ton, but some of them, if not most, are drunk on power.

Re: Got checked by the game warden yesterday [Re: ParkCountyElkDestroyer] #4841291 12/16/13 04:48 AM
S
Spiderman Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
Well I know for me, the last thing I need is some game warden asking me questions while I'm trying to hot wire a tractor.

I've got bills to pay!

But seriously, with the theft that goes on in the city & the country, it seems the mood would be different on here. To have anyone stop & attempt to verify" who are you & is this your tractor" type of dialogue would be appreciated.

I know your rights are important to you, but the game warden works for you too. Probably catches most criminals by noticing something & stopping and asking a few simple questions.

Spiderman
Re: Got checked by the game warden yesterday [Re: ParkCountyElkDestroyer] #4841297 12/16/13 04:50 AM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms
Originally Posted By: jensent
I would have been PO'd. I have a much more negative view on game wardens though. The fisher county GW pulled me over and wrote me a ticket for turning left out of the right lane at the intersection in Roby. A. there was no one at the intersection because Roby is a ghost town and B. the lane markers were so faded that I couldn't even tell it was two separate lanes. Ever since that experience GW's have left a sour taste in my mouth. I know they help us a ton, but some of them, if not most, are drunk on power.

So all GW are bad because one bad experience...if you date the wrong woman, you are going to be single for a long time rofl

I had a General Contractor not pay me once, guess I shouldn't work for any general contractors again...see the flawed logic?

I have had good and bad encounters with GW's. I don't mind giving up some of my rights to make a discussion or encounter go smoother. Most are just doing their job and trying to do it well. There is a line and attitude will dictate that line in many situations.

I don't lump all officers in a group because one is a DB.

Personally, I have no issue with the officer asking if you have killed anything this season or asking when you killed it. Asking for a hunting license when you were working on a tractor is going a bit far. There have been a lot of "what ifs", one being what he would have said if you told him you didn't have it. You didn't tell him that, so when you offered it, he has the right to ask other questions hunting related IMO.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Got checked by the game warden yesterday [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #4841299 12/16/13 04:52 AM
A
aeb Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
A
To answer the question:

The right that was violated is that the GW had no reasonable suspicion for even a "Terry" stop (look it up) and certainly no probable cause to believe a law violation had been committed. .......

You done messed up a good argument again with facts. grin

up

Last edited by aeb; 12/16/13 04:52 AM.

Re: Got checked by the game warden yesterday [Re: txshntr] #4841307 12/16/13 04:56 AM
P
ParkCountyElkDestroyer Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
P
Originally Posted By: txshntr

So all GW are bad because one bad experience...if you date the wrong woman, you are going to be single for a long time rofl

I had a General Contractor not pay me once, guess I shouldn't work for any general contractors again...see the flawed logic?

I have had good and bad encounters with GW's. I don't mind giving up some of my rights to make a discussion or encounter go smoother. Most are just doing their job and trying to do it well. There is a line and attitude will dictate that line in many situations.

I don't lump all officers in a group because one is a DB.

Personally, I have no issue with the officer asking if you have killed anything this season or asking when you killed it. Asking for a hunting license when you were working on a tractor is going a bit far. There have been a lot of "what ifs", one being what he would have said if you told him you didn't have it. You didn't tell him that, so when you offered it, he has the right to ask other questions hunting related IMO.

I specifically stated at the bottom of my post that I was only referring to some of them. Read a little closer next time.

Last edited by jensent; 12/16/13 04:56 AM.
Re: Got checked by the game warden yesterday [Re: ParkCountyElkDestroyer] #4841316 12/16/13 05:00 AM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R

Drive around town all day on Sept 1st and keep them fellas busy rofl

Re: Got checked by the game warden yesterday [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #4841352 12/16/13 05:32 AM
G
gollygee Offline
Tracker
Tracker
G
To answer the question:

I am generally sympathetic to street law enforcement and game wardens in particular but make no mistake that there will always be someone, somewhere that will work for minimum wage (or less) if given power over others, a police uniform and two nickel plated six shooters like the Lone Ranger. Law enforcement has protocol just like everyone else, when they push their limits resistance should not be a surprise.

Re: Got checked by the game warden yesterday [Re: gollygee] #4841561 12/16/13 01:33 PM
K
KG68 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Well Dan after resting my pea sized brain for a few hours it all came clear to me what happened here. You got to be a guilty looking feller. I rest my case and worthless . grin

Re: Got checked by the game warden yesterday [Re: Seadog] #4841574 12/16/13 01:43 PM
S
Savage388 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Originally Posted By: Seadog
Originally Posted By: TexFlip
Wouldn't have to show either unless he is accusing you of a crime.

That's not true!!! They check everyone they can!!! Why would you want to cause more trouble for yourself in the long run!!!

It is true. The GW made a consentual contact. As LEO we must have at the least reasonable suspision in order to require that you to produce your identification.

ODERINT DUM METUANT
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide