Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Wth! Just saw on the news that..... [Re: BnT] #4828046 12/11/13 05:09 PM
R
rustedspurs4 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
R
This is exactly why it is so important to teach kids and people in the cities the importance of gun safety and the value of hunting/shooting. Like it or not Texas is a lot closer than some may think to being just like some of these liberal states. If you dont believe it go to Austin, San Antonio, Houston, or Dallas. Unfortunately the people that reside within these larger cities are growing every day while the people living in small towns and rural areas are shrinking. Every person that goes a childhood without using a firearm for fun is one more person that will be lost to the liberals preaching gun control for the simple fact that they dont know any better. Next time you go hunting or to the range think about someone you may know that has no experience wiht a firearm and offer them an educational experience. Apathy or indiference is what will ruin this state.

“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold.
Re: Wth! Just saw on the news that..... [Re: rustedspurs4] #4828132 12/11/13 05:36 PM
S
sneakyfletch Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
S
TBHIS IS SAD BUT TRUE

99% is showing up
Re: Wth! Just saw on the news that..... [Re: tShawnB] #4828202 12/11/13 05:53 PM
M
Merican Duck Hunter Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
Originally Posted By: tShawnB
This may be taking it a little too far, but this is exactly the type of things Hitler and the Nazis started sending out to the German people in the 30's and 40's. People laugh, but as some as said in this post, this is exactly how it all begins. The interesting and telling thing will be how they enforce this for non compliance? Will they start kicking in doors?

History repeats itself if you don't learn from it. Sad but true! Worse part is, they've already gone so far that there is no stopping it. We can push back and fight, but its an uphill battle. In this day and age, were out numbered, and with every generation that passes, were getting closer and closer to the end. Basically were screwed, I'm not going to give up trying to educate as many people as possible but in reality there is no stopping them. A complete take over wont happen in my life time, probably not my kids life time, and hopefully not even in my grandkids lifetime, but its coming.

Arise.Kill.Eat -Acts 10:13
Originally Posted by Nathan Nelson
I have read a bunch of stuff on the internet about Star Wars but that does not mean I can skin a deer with a light saber.
Re: Wth! Just saw on the news that..... [Re: Hunt n Fish] #4828307 12/11/13 06:33 PM
T
tShawnB Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: Hunt n Fish
Originally Posted By: dogcatcher
Keep preaching that there is no way it will "fly" in Texas. but in time it will "fly" in Texas. Just as an example, how many of you can remember gun racks in the windows of every pickup with one or 2 guns in it? How many of you carried a shotgun to school so you could go dove hunt when the bell rang?

Yep those days are gone, and more of them will be missing before the next generation graduates high school.

...agree

FWIW - I stopped putting guns in window racks 'cause it was like an invitation to the dirtbags to come and take 'em.

"Out of sight, Out of mind"
Also, remember Colorado? You see what happened to a once great conservative state once all the tree huggers and hippies moved in. I won't spend a dime on hunting in Colorado anymore, and it used to be a destination.

How come everybody I meet is a deer hunting expert?
Re: Wth! Just saw on the news that..... [Re: dogcatcher] #4828440 12/11/13 07:18 PM
J.G. Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
No one wants their long guns stolen.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Wth! Just saw on the news that..... [Re: sillyhorses] #4828486 12/11/13 07:31 PM
817cd Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
Originally Posted By: sillyhorses
Time for texas to start drawing up those plans to secede from the union.

Originally Posted By: beaversnipe
Never used photoshop and never will. Photoshop is for liberals.

Re: Wth! Just saw on the news that..... [Re: 817cd] #4828618 12/11/13 08:04 PM
T
TexastoaD Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
If you want to hold the liberals back you have to stand for your rights, speak facts and also do as someone previously stated, take a child shooting. I take my boys friends shooting quite a bit. Its a big deal. Parents are worried if they have never been exposed to guns. I offer to take them also.
Here is how I explain our rights to kiddos and folks that don't know what rights the have. I tell them if I walked up and gave you 20 bucks you would be happy right? They say yes. Then I say what if you friend called you and said hey, Texastoad is going to bring you 30 bucks and when I got there and only gave you 20 would you be happy? They say no. I say why? They say because you were owed me 30 but only gave me 20. I say its the same thing with rights. If folks know what their rights are, even if they never exercise them they are less likely to stand by and let someone take them.
I believe that US History and the Constitution should be taught UNMOLESTED with no bias from Kinder all the way through 12th. Let the youth know what they have and let them form their own opinions on what they want instead of the government forcing it down their throats and dumbing them down.
What it boils down to is take as many kiddos shooting as you can.

Re: Wth! Just saw on the news that..... [Re: 817cd] #4828625 12/11/13 08:07 PM
T
TexastoaD Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
Originally Posted By: 817cd
Originally Posted By: sillyhorses
Time for texas to start drawing up those plans to secede from the union.
Sorry but I believe this will never happen. It will have to be put to a vote by the state and I'm afraid they're to many folks receiving federal aid to risk loosing it. Sucks.

Re: Wth! Just saw on the news that..... [Re: TexastoaD] #4828639 12/11/13 08:14 PM
1860.colt Offline
emoji colt.45
emoji colt.45
use my guns for hunting & protection whin on public land, helps keep the meth labs off public land flag

i'm postaddic
Re: Wth! Just saw on the news that..... [Re: W44W] #4829458 12/12/13 01:00 AM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
Originally Posted By: W44W
Originally Posted By: ryorgensen
Originally Posted By: JCKJR
And it begins...

Ain't gunna fly in Texas.

X2

X3, but this will
up

Life is too short, as is. Don't chance it.
Don't text and drive.
Re: Wth! Just saw on the news that..... [Re: BnT] #4829603 12/12/13 01:39 AM
M
Maglite Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
M
Time to get ready and make a decision......... Defend your rights or give in........ I'm defending my rights one bullet at a time!!!!!

Last edited by Maglite; 12/12/13 01:40 AM.
Re: Wth! Just saw on the news that..... [Re: BnT] #4829980 12/12/13 03:30 AM
A
Atlas Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
A
And it is happening in California too:

http://downtrend.com/travis/california-begins-confiscating-legally-purchased-guns/

And the trend in Colorado, Connecticut, Maryland, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Chicago, D.C., etc. is the same

I'd estimate close to a third the US (by population) live under what I would consider repressive gun laws laws (and growing).

Wouldn't happen in Texas? Who would have thought Colorado? I don't take anything for granted, and with the flood of new residents from both the North and South coming here, change might happen much faster than you might ever imagine.

Not trying to be negative, but this is a place we have to keep our guard up all times.

And all you who think you can just say "I lost my gun" ....If it becomes a felony to own it, are you still gonna keep it? How are you going to get to a range to use it or your lease? Or sell it without committing another felony, or pass it to your kids? You get pulled over one day or law enforcement shows up at the range or a neighbor you don't like turns you in...

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." ~ Thomas Jefferson
Re: Wth! Just saw on the news that..... [Re: W44W] #4829999 12/12/13 03:36 AM
C
chital_shikari Offline
Minor in training
Minor in training
C
Originally Posted By: W44W
Originally Posted By: ryorgensen
Originally Posted By: JCKJR
And it begins...

Ain't gunna fly in Texas.

X2

X3, but this will
X4

Re: Wth! Just saw on the news that..... [Re: chital_shikari] #4830279 12/12/13 06:43 AM
10ring Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Over the past several months I've read posts where people here in Texas are inviting others from out of state to "Move to Texas" or "Come on down"... Let me say as a transplant here from Colorado "part of 4 generations living on the western slope" be careful on what you wish for or for what you offer. Because believe me they will come with pockets full of money from California, Illinois, Florida, Etc and they will bring their beliefs and political views with them and believe it or not "yes even here in Texas they can impose their way of thinking". I never thought it would happen in Colorado but that state got blind sided and steamrolled. Now 3 metro areas dictate the path for the entire state. Think of Denver, Boulder and Colorado Springs as versions of Dallas, Austin and Houston and you can get the picture.
Or even consider places in the Hill Country that may have once been great spreads that have become smaller super high priced "Gentleman's Ranches" bringing unheard of money but they keep selling.... the same thing happened on the Western Slope of the Rockys. And those places aren't selling to the hometown folks or locals, a lot of them are from new money from the city or out of state. I see it happening here just like I saw it happen back in Colorado. And as much as I hate to say it, nation wide the anti gun movement has swayed more younger generations away from the shooting/hunting lifestyle than the pro gun/pro hunting movement has done to keep them on board.
I say "good luck to us all" we're going to need it...

Re: Wth! Just saw on the news that..... [Re: 10ring] #4830364 12/12/13 11:37 AM
L
lthomas132 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
L
Your vote in Texas elections is your most powerful tool to keep your rights, all of them. Jerry Patterson is a passionate supporter of gun rights in Texas. He refused to allow the National Park system to take control of the Christmas Mountains which had been in a state trust. He said that the agreement with the original owners that hunting would always be allowed must be honored by the feds. They refused, and he refused to relinquish control. Nuff said.

See: http://votepatterson.com/issues/2nd-amendment/
http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/...xas-2173320.php

Here's what the libs thought:
http://www.nationalparkstraveler.com/2008/01/insanity-behind-christmas-mountains-sale

Here's a local article on the sale:
http://bigbendgazette.com/2011/10/15/edi...duck-and-cover/

Last edited by lthomas132; 12/12/13 11:57 AM.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, beer in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.
Re: Wth! Just saw on the news that..... [Re: Merican Duck Hunter] #4830408 12/12/13 12:18 PM
B
Buckenvy Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Originally Posted By: 'Merican duck slaya
Originally Posted By: tShawnB
This may be taking it a little too far, but this is exactly the type of things Hitler and the Nazis started sending out to the German people in the 30's and 40's. People laugh, but as some as said in this post, this is exactly how it all begins. The interesting and telling thing will be how they enforce this for non compliance? Will they start kicking in doors?

History repeats itself if you don't learn from it. Sad but true! Worse part is, they've already gone so far that there is no stopping it. We can push back and fight, but its an uphill battle. In this day and age, were out numbered, and with every generation that passes, were getting closer and closer to the end. Basically were screwed, I'm not going to give up trying to educate as many people as possible but in reality there is no stopping them. A complete take over wont happen in my life time, probably not my kids life time, and hopefully not even in my grandkids lifetime, but its coming.
Out Numbered??? How do you figure?? there is approx,4million in service including military, police and national gaurd...there are 80million hunting license sold nation wide...

Re: Wth! Just saw on the news that..... [Re: sillyhorses] #4830527 12/12/13 01:47 PM
P
pinkmist black hog down Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
P
I hope that someone comes to my house with one of them there slips of paper.

Re: Wth! Just saw on the news that..... [Re: Buckenvy] #4830797 12/12/13 02:59 PM
R
rustedspurs4 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
R
[/quote]Out Numbered??? How do you figure?? there is approx,4million in service including military, police and national gaurd...there are 80million hunting license sold nation wide... [/quote]

Your statistics dont help your argument. Even if we considered that everyone who buys a hunting license or is in the military is pro gun and wants limited gun control the population of the liberal areas of this country outnumber them greatly. The population of California, Illinois, and New York state are somewhere around 70 Million. Granted, not everyone in any of those states wants strict gun control, but an obvious majority does. Just like I'm certain they sell hunting licenses in New York state, Colorado, and California and yet there are still some pretty strick laws about gun control. Also, although many of the men and women who serve our nation in the military and law enforcement have similar views to us on limited gun control, that doesnt go for all of them, and at the end of the day they're all soldiers and most of them (not all) will do what theyre told and that could include enforcing strict gun control.

“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold.
Re: Wth! Just saw on the news that..... [Re: rustedspurs4] #4830878 12/12/13 03:22 PM
C
chk Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
Yes they do have to pay fees to have a firearm up in that lib state.. And it's per gun. My sister and brother in law live in manhattan and said its ridiculous how they monitor the guns. You also consent to them dropping by at any time to review your firearms and make sure you are properly storing them...
Can't be loaded, ammo in seperate room etc..

Re: Wth! Just saw on the news that..... [Re: BnT] #4832954 12/13/13 03:50 AM
W
WTGuide Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
W
Originally Posted By: BnT
Originally Posted By: dwalls
another reason not to live in NY

Don't worry... the carpet baggers will be down here shortly.

Yep

Think you can/Think you can't/Either way you're right

Re: Wth! Just saw on the news that..... [Re: rustedspurs4] #4832992 12/13/13 04:07 AM
B
Buckenvy Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Originally Posted By: rustedspurs4
Out Numbered??? How do you figure?? there is approx,4million in service including military, police and national gaurd...there are 80million hunting license sold nation wide... [/quote]

Your statistics dont help your argument. Even if we considered that everyone who buys a hunting license or is in the military is pro gun and wants limited gun control the population of the liberal areas of this country outnumber them greatly. The population of California, Illinois, and New York state are somewhere around 70 Million. Granted, not everyone in any of those states wants strict gun control, but an obvious majority does. Just like I'm certain they sell hunting licenses in New York state, Colorado, and California and yet there are still some pretty strick laws about gun control. Also, although many of the men and women who serve our nation in the military and law enforcement have similar views to us on limited gun control, that doesnt go for all of them, and at the end of the day they're all soldiers and most of them (not all) will do what theyre told and that could include enforcing strict gun control. [/quote]

Sad but true, America has lost its Backbone...to a Currupt Coward

Last edited by Buckenvy; 12/13/13 04:07 AM.
Re: Wth! Just saw on the news that..... [Re: ryorgensen] #4834246 12/13/13 05:17 PM
P
PrimitiveHunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
I don't own any firearms.

Practice doesn’t make perfect.
Practice makes permanent.
Re: Wth! Just saw on the news that..... [Re: fgdn] #4834751 12/13/13 07:51 PM
B
Bear Charge Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Originally Posted By: fgdn
Originally Posted By: 7ARanch
Man talk about a business opportunity. If I were outside the city limits I'd have a secure gun storage facility up and running in no time. Someone is going to make money off this, wait and see. OTOH, it can't be me, no way I'd live up there.

there is probably a great deal of truth to this

be interesting to see who, and or what person or persons takes up the opportunity

I'm sure someone who lobbied for the law has already established such a facility.

"Democracy is a sheep and two lions voting. Liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the vote."
Ben Franklin
Re: Wth! Just saw on the news that..... [Re: WTGuide] #4835052 12/13/13 09:26 PM
E
ETXbuckman Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
E
Originally Posted By: WTGuide
Originally Posted By: BnT
Originally Posted By: dwalls
another reason not to live in NY

Don't worry... the carpet baggers will be down here shortly.

Yep

I've got a good customer from New York and in talking with him, believe me when I tell you that many of those carpetbaggers will come because they aren't going to live in a state that pulls this kind of crap.

Re: Wth! Just saw on the news that..... [Re: Maglite] #4835057 12/13/13 09:27 PM
A
aeb Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
A
Originally Posted By: Maglite
Time to get ready and make a decision......... Defend your rights or give in........ I'm defending my rights one bullet at a time!!!!!

How many of them do you think you can take down before you go out?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide