Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: STUPID DOGS!!! [Re: LMH Steel] #4792184 11/29/13 04:04 PM
R
Ranch Dawg Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R
TxDispatcher may not own his land, I do. I do not allow my dogs to roam free and I expect the same of others. We do have livestock that has been chased and bitten by loose dogs. The dogs didn't make it, our livestock did. Keep your dogs alive and keep them from running loose. And Cast, you've made many comments on several topics,I respect many of them. Be real careful who you go after, they may get ya. Good luck, and don't lose your dogs, they are your responsibility not mine !

THE ROAD GOES ON FOREVER AND THE PARTY NEVER ENDS.

F##K YOU JOE BIDEN !!!!!
Re: STUPID DOGS!!! [Re: Ranch Dawg] #4792241 11/29/13 04:34 PM
Cast Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I'll take my chances. As I said earlier emotions would rule that scenario.

Cast

[Linked Image]

I have a short attention spa
Re: STUPID DOGS!!! [Re: Ranch Dawg] #4792252 11/29/13 04:40 PM
G
GUTIT Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
G
Originally Posted By: Ranch Dawg
TxDispatcher may not own his land, I do. I do not allow my dogs to roam free and I expect the same of others. We do have livestock that has been chased and bitten by loose dogs. The dogs didn't make it, our livestock did. Keep your dogs alive and keep them from running loose. And Cast, you've made many comments on several topics,I respect many of them. Be real careful who you go after, they may get ya. Good luck, and don't lose your dogs, they are your responsibility not mine !

X2. I love dogs myself. Have 4 labs.
When you get a pet, you must ASSUME full responsibility for the animal and its safety. Or DO NOT get one. I hate to do it, but when I see a stray, collared or not and have witnessed it chase any animal on my property twice, its gets shot. Neighbors all agree. If we know who owns it, they get a call first, after that. SSS

As far as the Internet tough guy comments, ,,,,,SMDH.

Stronghold Construction Group
Commercial and Residential Project Management
Managing all your construction needs
Kent@StrongholdConstructionGroupDOTcom

Re: STUPID DOGS!!! [Re: Pope&Young] #4792348 11/29/13 05:49 PM
T
TxDispatcher Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: Don Dial
Let me bust your bubble a little. We are overpopulated with does and as the State Game Bio. told one of the ranchers I cull shoot, kill the does dont grade them, don't decide which has or doesn't have a yearling. They wean at 60 days or less and I've got 2 generations on some does here that are in rut. My bird dog & Lab pups chase my deer also. Sometimes the deer chase them. Deer are really not afraid of dogs, though they will move them making them easy to hunt, hence, its illegal to run with dogs. Suggest you shoot sooner, take your shots carefully, spend some range time. Doe hunting is culling to me so its just make a humane quick kill, put it in the cooler!

Let me "inflate" my bubble back up grin if I shoot fawns or their mothers, I'm not allowed free access to my in-laws place. My MIL has flat stated that. I follow the rule, I continue to have free access...I believe I'll follow the one rule they have. But thanks for the input Don cheers it's good to know that up

Originally Posted by East...
I will get off in a little bit

You shouldnt have said that
Re: STUPID DOGS!!! [Re: TxDispatcher] #4792363 11/29/13 06:00 PM
T
TxDispatcher Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: LMH Steel
You are correct sir, you did not mention shooting the dogs and I shouldn't have included you in that. My apologies but perhaps I am just "venting my frustrations".

It's all good cheers it's part of why I enjoy this THF so much...emotions may flare, threats may be spoken in haste scratch or in seriousness in the case of Cast scared . . . . . stir

grin just messing with ya Cast cheers

But at the end of the day, it's a place to vent, poke jabs, get info, and find direction and support...kinda like a family. Most of us normal, with a few nuts thrown into the mix to keep it interesting up I'll leave it up to you all to figure out who the nuts are grin

I will get off in a little bit

You shouldnt have said that
Re: STUPID DOGS!!! [Re: TxDispatcher] #4792449 11/29/13 06:55 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Those of you that say they would not shoot a dog let me ask you this. Your own dog is on your property and is attached by a pit bull. The only way you could save it is by killing a dog that belongs to another person. The pit bull has a collar are you going to wait until after your dog is dead to notify the owner it killed your dog? Are you going to let it kill your dog then notify the law? My goats are like pets to me. No different than those that have dogs. I have had dogs in the past kill and maim my pets. I have called the law. I have contacted owners of the dogs and have gotten nothing out of either. That is why I now have zero tolerance for dogs on my property and they either die or are well shot at.

Re: STUPID DOGS!!! [Re: Cast] #4792494 11/29/13 07:19 PM
T
taco bender Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: Cast
Fellows if my dog gets away from me and ruins your hunt I will make it right. If you shoot my dog don't stop there, shoot me too cause I'm coming for you.

how would you know if it was done with the 3S method. riddle me that?

"Today is about playing like WE play! This day is about DOMINATING an opponent! This day is about being LSU, and taking a team by the throat, and choking the life out of them!" - Les Miles
Re: STUPID DOGS!!! [Re: taco bender] #4792565 11/29/13 08:05 PM
R
Ranch Dawg Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R
Bingo !

THE ROAD GOES ON FOREVER AND THE PARTY NEVER ENDS.

F##K YOU JOE BIDEN !!!!!
Re: STUPID DOGS!!! [Re: taco bender] #4792590 11/29/13 08:25 PM
H
hermano W Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
1. As beloved as one's dog may be, he is still an animal. No animal's life is of equal value with a human life.
2. As beloved as one's dog may be, he can still be a formidable killer, especially when accompanied by another dog. The dog's owner has a responsibility to contain his dog.
3. People will defend their property. If my dog goes on someone else's property and is shot, it's MY FAULT for not keeping my dog contained. I can get mad or whatever, but it's still my fault and not the guy who did the shooting.
4. Last let me add, it's not the dogs who are stupid, they're just being dogs.

Last edited by hermano W; 11/29/13 08:28 PM.
Re: STUPID DOGS!!! [Re: hermano W] #4792658 11/29/13 09:20 PM
H
Hogman4127 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
I used to have a goat that thought it was a dog. Ran around with them and everything. I had to shoot it though. He started chasing and killing the other goats

Re: STUPID DOGS!!! [Re: Daven] #4792699 11/29/13 09:56 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: Daven
Originally Posted By: pegasaurus
Fellows if my dog gets away from me and ruins your hunt I will make it right. If you shoot my dog don't stop there, shoot me too cause I'm coming for you.

Hence the last S in SSS.

'nother fine example of "there ain't too many Texans left in Texas" If you feel the need to kill someone's pet, you should at least have balls enough to face them and own up to the deed... Knowingly kill a pet here and you will likely loose your hunting license (possibly for life) and pay a whole bunch of money...

So can you define "Pet"?

Funny thing about getting older:
Your eyesight starts getting weaker but your ability to
see through people's BS gets much better.
Re: STUPID DOGS!!! [Re: Cast] #4792709 11/29/13 10:02 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Im curious how one could make it right if ones dog chased away the buck of my life ? The grand daddy mossy horns that would go in the record books. How could you make it right ? I can make it right by removing the problem. We spend thousands of dollars on this sport and a dog ruins it ? SSS.

I'll buy you whiskey. I'll do a trigger job for you. I'll bush hog your shooting lanes. I'll watch over your dogs while you're on vacation. I'll train my dog better. I'll be a better friend. I'll say I'm sorry. It's just a deer.

And I'm not a Internet bad a$$ I'm a father. I have emotions too and I'm afraid I would lose control. I swear if you shot my dog in front of me I would just shoot you without a single thought and go to jail happily.

WOW!!!! That is very disturbing on a lot of levels.....loco

So to get back to the OP's post, wouldn't your reply infer you were also trespassing and running deer with your dogs??

Funny thing about getting older:
Your eyesight starts getting weaker but your ability to
see through people's BS gets much better.
Re: STUPID DOGS!!! [Re: pegasaurus] #4793286 11/30/13 03:36 AM
S
SatNiteSpec Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
popcorn

Re: STUPID DOGS!!! [Re: taco bender] #4793407 11/30/13 04:48 AM
B
bluesman Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
B
Originally Posted By: taco bender

how would you know if it was done with the 3S method. riddle me that?

My thoughts exactly!!

Sure do seem to be a lot PETA trolls posting on this thread!!!

Re: STUPID DOGS!!! [Re: bluesman] #4793644 11/30/13 01:10 PM
D
Dave3575 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
Originally Posted By: bluesman

My thoughts exactly!!

Sure do seem to be a lot PETA trolls posting on this thread!!!

Re: STUPID DOGS!!! [Re: pegasaurus] #4793731 11/30/13 02:00 PM
B
bo3 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Originally Posted By: pegasaurus
Im curious how one could make it right if ones dog chased away the buck of my life ? The grand daddy mossy horns that would go in the record books. How could you make it right ? I can make it right by removing the problem. We spend thousands of dollars on this sport and a dog ruins it ? SSS.

I'll buy you whiskey. I'll do a trigger job for you. I'll bush hog your shooting lanes. I'll watch over your dogs while you're on vacation. I'll train my dog better. I'll be a better friend. I'll say I'm sorry. It's just a deer.

And I'm not a Internet bad a$$ I'm a father. I have emotions too and I'm afraid I would lose control. I swear if you shot my dog in front of me I would just shoot you without a single thought and go to jail happily.

WOW!!!! That is very disturbing on a lot of levels.....loco

So to get back to the OP's post, wouldn't your reply infer you were also trespassing and running deer with your dogs??

I wonder if he poaches much. I'd bet most guys feeders are not on fence lines, so what's he doing on their property with his dog?

Re: STUPID DOGS!!! [Re: Combine Kid] #4793874 11/30/13 03:14 PM
D
Deerhunter61 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted By: psycho0819
Sounds like you need to be hunting a different species of animal to me.

Not many dogs get a pass on our place.
Originally Posted By: Combine Kid
↑↑↑↑ What they said...

Be two dead dogs if it were me.

Re: STUPID DOGS!!! [Re: Deerhunter61] #4793889 11/30/13 03:22 PM
D
Deerhunter61 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Guys I love dogs! Love'm! But this stuff about shooting people because someone shot a dog is nuts! If we, who own dogs, got one in my backyard, don't control them and keep them off other people's property then the fault lies with us! So perhaps instead of shooting the person who shot your dog perhaps that's the wrong person to shoot. If you don't want anything to happen to your dog you need to keep it on your property and not let them run wild.

Re: STUPID DOGS!!! [Re: hermano W] #4793894 11/30/13 03:25 PM
D
Deerhunter61 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted By: hermano W
1. As beloved as one's dog may be, he is still an animal. No animal's life is of equal value with a human life.
2. As beloved as one's dog may be, he can still be a formidable killer, especially when accompanied by another dog. The dog's owner has a responsibility to contain his dog.
3. People will defend their property. If my dog goes on someone else's property and is shot, it's MY FAULT for not keeping my dog contained. I can get mad or whatever, but it's still my fault and not the guy who did the shooting.
4. Last let me add, it's not the dogs who are stupid, they're just being dogs.

Thank you! Well said!

Re: STUPID DOGS!!! [Re: Deerhunter61] #4794014 11/30/13 04:29 PM
C
clharr Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
So a meth head who cooks his baby in the microwave because it won't stop crying is still more worthy of life than the service dog of a veteran who lost his legs serving out nation?

What about Hitler? Was his life more worthy than my heelers?

The next time my neighbors purse dogs get into my backyard I'll shoot them instead of shooing them back under the fence. I don't see it causing any problems at all.

Re: STUPID DOGS!!! [Re: clharr] #4794072 11/30/13 05:03 PM
H
hermano W Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
In your examples, the people deserved to be executed because of their crimes against people, not because of their crimes against dogs. It just isn't right to talk about killing a human because they killed a dog that was causing trouble.
BTW I've decided it's not the dogs who are stupid, it's ME for trying to give a reasonable answer on this thread. Everybody have a great day! hammer

Last edited by hermano W; 11/30/13 05:12 PM.
Re: STUPID DOGS!!! [Re: TxDispatcher] #4794095 11/30/13 05:20 PM
1860.colt Online Content
emoji colt.45
Online Content
emoji colt.45
use of proper gun control & yet. know what ya meen, we hace had many stays wonder in our yard, they make great family pet's. got some stray dogs that keep the hogs from tering up pasture & food pot that put out for my deer. lots of people needing jobs, maybe county could come up with a hotline for stay dogs? confused2 call game warden confused2 good read up flag their not actualy my deer, low fence. flag

Last edited by colt.45; 11/30/13 05:21 PM.

i'm postaddic
Re: STUPID DOGS!!! [Re: hermano W] #4794178 11/30/13 06:05 PM
C
clharr Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
In your examples, the people deserved to be executed because of their crimes against people, not because of their crimes against dogs. It just isn't right to talk about killing a human because they killed a dog that was causing trouble.
BTW I've decided it's not the dogs who are stupid, it's ME for trying to give a reasonable answer on this thread. Everybody have a great day! hammer

You stated that no animals life is of equal value to a humans life.

Re: STUPID DOGS!!! [Re: clharr] #4794512 11/30/13 09:56 PM
D
Deerhunter61 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted By: clharr

You stated that no animals life is of equal value to a humans life.

There has always got to be one guy who takes thing out of context to try and make his point...ugh.

Re: STUPID DOGS!!! [Re: clharr] #4794549 11/30/13 10:24 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: clharr
So a meth head who cooks his baby in the microwave because it won't stop crying is still more worthy of life than the service dog of a veteran who lost his legs serving out nation?

What about Hitler? Was his life more worthy than my heelers?

The next time my neighbors purse dogs get into my backyard I'll shoot them instead of shooing them back under the fence. I don't see it causing any problems at all.

SMH

LETS GO BRANDON
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide