Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Uproar about Melissa Bachman [Re: DQ Kid] #4766204 11/21/13 12:51 AM
S
Sq2 hunter Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
Sad to say that's where America is going. This is the generation of "Oh my gosh I can't believe you said that!" Everything is blown out of proportion, and everybody has to watch their p' and q's to not offend anybody. Hunting is made out to be horrible by uneducated people, you can't wear a mask of a black president but you can a white president at a rodeo, you can have BET black entertainment tv but not white entertainment tv, because that would be racist, media can write up that an assault rifle is used for a school shooting but when they figure out they didn't use an AR it's not really even spoken of, the lazy people get everything paid for by us working folks. Everybody gets trophies in school now no matter if they win or lose, some colleges give out spots to a specific ratio per race instead of just divided by the actual student scores and gpa as a whole. Sorry a little off topic but I'm curious to see what happens in the next 20 years...

Re: Uproar about Melissa Bachman [Re: Sq2 hunter] #4766223 11/21/13 12:59 AM
C
cabosandinh Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: Sq2 hunter
Sad to say that's where America is going.

if you're referring to Bachman hunting lion it wasn't in
America, was in Africa

Re: Uproar about Melissa Bachman [Re: cabosandinh] #4766228 11/21/13 01:01 AM
S
Sq2 hunter Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
Yes but a lot of Americans are posting on that Facebook site which shows a lot of people speaking negatively about hunting

Re: Uproar about Melissa Bachman [Re: DQ Kid] #4766340 11/21/13 01:43 AM
C
cmc Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted By: DQ Kid
Thanks CMC for the book title. It was a male and female wasn't it.

If I remember right it was two females but there were a lot of different stories of several lions in that area that acquired a taste for the Indian workers. One even boarded a train car during the night and drug a man off. Parts of it seem unbelievable but as a reader you have no reason to doubt what he says is truth.

Re: Uproar about Melissa Bachman [Re: Sq2 hunter] #4766515 11/21/13 02:30 AM
M
Merican Duck Hunter Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
Originally Posted By: Sq2 hunter
you can have BET black entertainment tv but not white entertainment tv, because that would be racist,

You do realize that if there was a white entertainment tv, that would be WET... blush

Last edited by 'Merican duck slaya; 11/21/13 02:30 AM.

Arise.Kill.Eat -Acts 10:13
Originally Posted by Nathan Nelson
I have read a bunch of stuff on the internet about Star Wars but that does not mean I can skin a deer with a light saber.
Re: Uproar about Melissa Bachman [Re: Merican Duck Hunter] #4766975 11/21/13 04:39 AM
B
BrazosHunter Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
B
Hunters and fisherman of today care more about the environment and do more for the environment than any other entity. It is very clear that the vocal anti-hunting crowd sees only the killing and not the lifetime of work in giving back ten-fold what we take out.

I hunt, I fish and I hug trees because trees need love too! Prosperity brings with it a boat load of conflicts as people take up sides on every issue. Very few of us "need" to hunt or fish to supply any of our basic needs or for economic reasons. Fact is that it has become incredibly expensive to hunt and fish to the point that only those that have enjoyed a significant portion of prosperity can participate fully.

Chances are if you are reading this forum you are one of the lucky people to be born and raised in these times. Very few people in America today are desperately poor nor does the average American worry much about tomorrow or the debt we owe to our parents or children. Many Hunters and Fishermen understand the link between the game we pursue and the habitat it and we live in but the more money you have greatly affects your actions and results.

Because I hunt and fish I'd like to think that I'm just a little better prepared for hardship if it was to come my way.

Re: Uproar about Melissa Bachman [Re: BrazosHunter] #4766999 11/21/13 04:53 AM
L
lawdawg845 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
L
Sadly the same people that pitch a fit over hunting don't think twice about eating a pork chop or fried chicken or a big steak from animals. Animals that most likely live very poor and unhealthy lives.

Re: Uproar about Melissa Bachman [Re: lawdawg845] #4767042 11/21/13 05:21 AM
J
Jkd106 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
Let see Bachman= nice to look at, knows her way around a gun/bow, kills big animals, did I mention nice to look at!

Re: Uproar about Melissa Bachman [Re: Jkd106] #4767077 11/21/13 05:41 AM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Watched Bob Foulkrod today and they killed 3 lions. Where is the uproar. These anti's do not have the upper hand regardless of the facebook likes and comments. Money and power (conservation) prevail today and will as long as the governments over there don't let their resources get taken over and destroyed. The only risk to lion hunting is improper conservation. As long as you don't kill the alpha male it is a sustainable resource. Everyone knows most of these farms, ranches, game preserves, concessions would not exist without hunting. Taking pictures of them only goes so far.

99% of the game taken doesn't get posted on social media for this reason because we all know who the first to comment it about will be. She took a risk and you can't escape the loonies no matter what. Would have been the same result 100 years ago.

Re: Uproar about Melissa Bachman [Re: DQ Kid] #4768010 11/21/13 04:48 PM
T
txhunter1010 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
they are so stupid...some folks just dont get it..besides she is HOT

Re: Uproar about Melissa Bachman [Re: DQ Kid] #4768112 11/21/13 05:14 PM
JohnRussell Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
I agree with all of this. I do not flaunt a deer I kill, but I also do not hide it under a tarp...well, a little to keep it cooled, but people will hate us even if we do not have a deer back there, just because we have a deer hunting "sticker" in the windsheild.

I refuse to cower in the face of folks because I hunt and fish... but I recognize that a dead animal can be offensive just because it is dead and so keep it out of sight as much as possible.

Russ

Hunting is easy..it's getting permission from your wife that is tough.
Re: Uproar about Melissa Bachman [Re: JohnRussell] #4768160 11/21/13 05:24 PM
C
cabosandinh Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
what the Anti-s have over you is a Big Mouth, Education and Money

You can beat them at their game by upping your Education (educate
the public & not hunting yet crowd ); put your Money where your
mouth is and keep hunting

Re: Uproar about Melissa Bachman [Re: JohnRussell] #4768280 11/21/13 05:53 PM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted By: JohnRussell
I agree with all of this. I do not flaunt a deer I kill, but I also do not hide it under a tarp...well, a little to keep it cooled, but people will hate us even if we do not have a deer back there, just because we have a deer hunting "sticker" in the windsheild.

I refuse to cower in the face of folks because I hunt and fish... but I recognize that a dead animal can be offensive just because it is dead and so keep it out of sight as much as possible.

Russ

Exact point I was trying to make. Enjoy your harvest but do so in subdued manner which doesn't outwardly look like taking high glee in the kill.

Re: Uproar about Melissa Bachman [Re: DQ Kid] #4768920 11/21/13 09:31 PM
G
GriffGruff78 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
G

Russ

Exact point I was trying to make. Enjoy your harvest but do so in subdued manner which doesn't outwardly look like taking high glee in the kill.

I think I understand what both of you are saying (and I agree), but I recoil against the idea of behaving in a shameful manner over a successful hunt. I agree that being respectful and "smart" about how you present yourself is a good idea, but I'm not going to hide who I am to anyone and if I post a picture of a stringer of trout, a strap of mallards or a hog on the scale, then the person who is offended probably doesn't belong on my friend list - whether online or in the flesh. No one will ever see a picture of me riding a dead moose like Slim Pickens, of course, but they won't find me acting ashamed either.

Re: Uproar about Melissa Bachman [Re: GriffGruff78] #4768963 11/21/13 09:41 PM
C
Chadillac Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
I am trying to defend her on there and I am getting hammered. Is half the population a bunch of vegetarians? Have they not ever stepped outside of the city limits into the real world? What's wrong with the people on this site?

Re: Uproar about Melissa Bachman [Re: txhunter1010] #4769046 11/21/13 10:04 PM
T
TSU99 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Very!
Originally Posted By: txhunter1010
they are so stupid...some folks just dont get it..besides she is HOT

Re: Uproar about Melissa Bachman [Re: TSU99] #4769225 11/21/13 10:55 PM
T
Trenton Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
I was always taught that a key component of hunting is respect. Respect for the animals, respect for the land and resources and respect for fellow hunters. In my opinion most of the hunting on television glorifies the kill, and shows very little respect to anything. That is how people judge us as hunters now. The people on tv aren't hunting to feed their families they are making a very nice living televising how they get paid and often acting like buffoons. I think that when you have a "hot" young women in Africa hunting lions posing with a less than safari like outfit you will get a similar response. That response of course will be amplified if that young women is famous. If she was in a boat wearing a bikini holding a sail fish I don't think I would have heard about it. People who don't hunt won't understand any of our motivations for hunting period. I believe It's that she went halfway around the world and spent enormous amounts of money to shoot a lion for sport. But I don't think there is anything wrong with what she did, it might not be for all of us hunters but rarely is any aspect of hunting agreed upon even on this forum. I think the outcry is a lot less about a lion in Africa being shot, it's about the hunters motivation and maybe respect. If it was another old white guy posing with a lion, who cares. Just my two cents.

Re: Uproar about Melissa Bachman [Re: GriffGruff78] #4770173 11/22/13 03:33 AM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted By: GriffGruff78

Russ

I think I understand what both of you are saying (and I agree), but I recoil against the idea of behaving in a shameful manner over a successful hunt. I agree that being respectful and "smart" about how you present yourself is a good idea, but I'm not going to hide who I am to anyone and if I post a picture of a stringer of trout, a strap of mallards or a hog on the scale, then the person who is offended probably doesn't belong on my friend list - whether online or in the flesh. No one will ever see a picture of me riding a dead moose like Slim Pickens, of course, but they won't find me acting ashamed either.

I never said shameful and would never advocate being ashamed of a harvest. Respectful and subdued is all I'm saying. And I agree with Trenton, any young attractive woman that is dressed in summer time clothing posing with a dead lion is bound to draw more attention than any man would. I also agree that most tv hunting shows "Hollywood" the harvesting more than I actually need or want. I understand they are going for the entertainment factor but sometimes it all comes off as a little forced and detached from the respect of the harvest IMO. Marketing of hunting products has led to an overproliferation of hunting shows which used to not be the case in the 70s, 80s and early 90s. More of a last 15 years phenomenon IMO.

Re: Uproar about Melissa Bachman [Re: cmc] #4770507 11/22/13 05:10 AM
E
Eland Slayer Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
E
Originally Posted By: cmc

If I remember right it was two females but there were a lot of different stories of several lions in that area that acquired a taste for the Indian workers. One even boarded a train car during the night and drug a man off. Parts of it seem unbelievable but as a reader you have no reason to doubt what he says is truth.

Actually they were both males, but did not have manes....which is a unique feature of the lions in that area to this day. Very strange.

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram
Re: Uproar about Melissa Bachman [Re: Eland Slayer] #4770712 11/22/13 11:31 AM
C
cmc Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
I knew I couldn't remember. Thanks Eland, great book either way.

Re: Uproar about Melissa Bachman [Re: Eland Slayer] #4771086 11/22/13 02:41 PM
H
huntwest Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
Originally Posted By: Eland Slayer
Originally Posted By: cmc

Actually they were both males, but did not have manes....which is a unique feature of the lions in that area to this day. Very strange.

Go to the Natural History museum in Chicago and you can see them. They look mean even now.

Re: Uproar about Melissa Bachman [Re: huntwest] #4771091 11/22/13 02:42 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
Shes hot

Re: Uproar about Melissa Bachman [Re: Navasot] #4771930 11/22/13 06:12 PM
P
Phantom Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker