Print Thread
Another joins our passion #4756825 11/18/13 12:40 AM
R
rkclassic Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
R
Well I had the pleasure of taking a new hunter out and putting him on his first deer. My fiance had been asking me to take her coworker and husband out with us one weekend to our place. So I finally give in and off we set to meet them. Now im more of a keep to myself and not really looking forward to having strangers around on my first weekend home. So we meet up at the gas station do our introduction and pleasantries. About an hour later we get there and start unloading and talking a little more. They mentioned they had brought corn to fill my feeders at first I figured just a couple bags but in fact they had brought 10 so hey not a bad deal. Well they have a very heavy spanish accent that is a little hard for this white boy to understand everything. Turns out he had been working really hard and got his citizenship, ok so maybe this guy isnt so bad after all he cares about being legal and was really happy when it was time to check 0 on the rifles. It was the first gun he had ever bought and it was a pretty nice 308. Well fast forward a few hours and we are in the blind. He is looking harder than anyone could look I think and it was really neat to see his excitement of it all. Starting to get late and the does are at the feeder so I told him to go ahead and take out one of my much older ones. His shot was perfect and when I told him it was down he was like a kid smiling from ear to ear and bouncing around. All night he was thanking me and telling the girls the story around the fire. Wait whats that I hear, hogs at the feeder. So I grab the spot light and have him grab his rifle and off we go. 80yds away there are a few hogs under the feeder he was shaking with excitement and I was trying not to laugh, however once again his shot was true and he took one. The excitement started all over again. He is hooked and hunting is now all that he wants to do. Who would have known what I was being talked into doing would have been one of my most fulfilling weekends in a long time.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.
Re: Another joins our passion [Re: rkclassic] #4756897 11/18/13 01:01 AM
W
WileyCoyote Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Ya done a Good Thing there, paying it forward for what someone mebbe did for you once upon a time. This guy sounds like he wants to follow the Rules and has now been rewarded for his efforts....and So it begins again with a newly hatched Hunter.
Ron

It is TIME for Term Limits, cause Politicians are like childrens diapers and for the same reasons...Robin Williams

"These are the times that try men's soul's"...Thomas Paine

"Those who fail to learn from History are doomed to repeat it" ....Santayana
Re: Another joins our passion [Re: rkclassic] #4756908 11/18/13 01:05 AM
C
Cinch Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
Great story and congrats to him

Re: Another joins our passion [Re: Cinch] #4756922 11/18/13 01:10 AM
Wburke2010 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Great story. And congrats to you for the good deed.

Walter

MW Ranch Services
903-303-4523
Metal buildings, welding, equipment repair, dirt work
Re: Another joins our passion [Re: Wburke2010] #4757016 11/18/13 01:37 AM
S
ssgp2 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Cool story. I have had the pleasure of taking a couple of first timers hunting, and there is something about it that is exciting. Two, who didn't get a chance at a deer were very appreciative and had a good time. The other did shoot one and didn't have a clue what to do with it. I got to show him how its done. That's part of the cycle that I would like to do again.

Friend, I wouldn't harm thee for all the world, but thou art standing where I am about to shoot.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide