Forums46
Topics538,311
Posts9,735,666
Members87,078
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Mistrial in case of soldier "rudely" carrying his Rifle [Re: Beretta] #4691293 10/25/13 10:01 PM
B
Beretta Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
This cop also recieved $38,000 in disability, stating that he was emotionally distressed after pepper spraying the students.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4152147

Originally Posted By: Jeff Elder
Two kinds of people vote democrat. Rich people that don't have to work, and poor people who don't want to work.
Re: Mistrial in case of soldier "rudely" carrying his Rifle [Re: Beretta] #4691449 10/25/13 11:35 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: BerettaOnyx686
This cop also recieved $38,000 in disability, stating that he was emotionally distressed after pepper spraying the students.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4152147

He claimed hackers posted his address etc., on the Internet and he received death threats and it caused "anxiety and depression". He had a better lawyer than the students did, I think they split 1 million 21 ways, in my opinion they suffered a lot more.

Back on subject, this case in California has nothing to do with this discussion. Please stay on track. up

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Mistrial in case of soldier "rudely" carrying his Rifle [Re: Beretta] #4691529 10/26/13 12:20 AM
B
Beretta Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
And 1 million split 21 ways is more than 38,000, might want to freshen up on your math old man up

Two kinds of people vote democrat. Rich people that don't have to work, and poor people who don't want to work.
Re: Mistrial in case of soldier "rudely" carrying his Rifle [Re: Beretta] #4691543 10/26/13 12:31 AM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: BerettaOnyx686
And 1 million split 21 ways is more than 38,000, might want to freshen up on your math old man up

It is, but they suffered, have you ever been pepper sprayed? He sprayed it and got $38000. They suffered and only got $47,619, in my opinion they should have gotten a lot more, somewhere in the $100,000 plus range each, maybe even $200.000 range.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Mistrial in case of soldier "rudely" carrying his Rifle [Re: dogcatcher] #4691566 10/26/13 12:44 AM
B
Beretta Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Yea they got sprayed, he got $38,000 and now will spend 10x that moving his family sucking and dodging the people he pissed off, I say the students came out on top. up

Re: Mistrial in case of soldier "rudely" carrying his Rifle [Re: cdoan02] #4691871 10/26/13 03:03 AM
T
TreeBass Offline
Old Weller
Old Weller
T
Originally Posted By: cdoan02

I'll continue to say:

NONE of you believe I have the right to imprison a fellow citizen for disrespecting me, do you?

But you will argue that there are special people in this country that SHOULD be allowed to imprison fellow citizens for disrespecting them?

Please someone attempt to explain this to me. I ask you to try not to get emotional and personally attack/insult/accuse me of things you have no basis for. However, I realize it's hard to keep emotions out of an argument when you have no facts or reason to support your stance.

Thats correct, unless you hold a public office, public service employee etc... you dont have the right to imprison anyone or receive respect. Our public servants and officials deserve respect period.

Now dont take this personal, or as a personal attack, just my opinion from your posts:

But this is whats wrong with society today, no respect or values. Its folks like yall that are helping the anti gun folks win. From your posts it seems you have an issue with authority. Dont know why, and dont really care, thats your problem, not mine.

I can also say that grisham has an issue with authority, he thinks hes a badazz due to his service. You know, one of those guys that wears his veteran status on his sleeve, expecting everyone to respect him just because he served his country, thinking "they owe me". Trust me, I see them everyday and it sickens me that they wear the same uniform I do.

Every time these OCDs pull their stupid chit proclaiming they are within their rights, its another nail in our coffin.

Funny thing is, I defend your right to do this, when in essence, it destroys what I actually believe in?? Insanity comes to mind at this point (mine that is).

All grisham had to do was comply with the oficers request, and none of this would matter. But like other OCDs, he decided to elevate the situation. Honestly I believe if his son wasnt there, there would not have been a trial, oh wait, thats only in Austin smile

I do hope with this next trial, they stick it to him. Doubt that will happen, he will probably claim PTSD and get off with some silly probation thing, but I can always hope

Again, the above is in no way a personal attack, so dont take it that way. Just my take on the matter up

[Linked Image]

My success in life is measured by the number of hunting
and fishing stories that my kids can share with others...

Like the THF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texashuntingforum
Grizzly Coolers
Re: Mistrial in case of soldier "rudely" carrying his Rifle [Re: TreeBass] #4695789 10/28/13 12:16 AM
C
cory_cooper Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: TreeBass

I'll continue to say:

NONE of you believe I have the right to imprison a fellow citizen for disrespecting me, do you?

But you will argue that there are special people in this country that SHOULD be allowed to imprison fellow citizens for disrespecting them?

Please someone attempt to explain this to me. I ask you to try not to get emotional and personally attack/insult/accuse me of things you have no basis for. However, I realize it's hard to keep emotions out of an argument when you have no facts or reason to support your stance.

Thats correct, unless you hold a public office, public service employee etc... you dont have the right to imprison anyone or receive respect. Our public servants and officials deserve respect period.

Now dont take this personal, or as a personal attack, just my opinion from your posts:

But this is whats wrong with society today, no respect or values. Its folks like yall that are helping the anti gun folks win. From your posts it seems you have an issue with authority. Dont know why, and dont really care, thats your problem, not mine.

I can also say that grisham has an issue with authority, he thinks hes a badazz due to his service. You know, one of those guys that wears his veteran status on his sleeve, expecting everyone to respect him just because he served his country, thinking "they owe me". Trust me, I see them everyday and it sickens me that they wear the same uniform I do.

Every time these OCDs pull their stupid chit proclaiming they are within their rights, its another nail in our coffin.

Funny thing is, I defend your right to do this, when in essence, it destroys what I actually believe in?? Insanity comes to mind at this point (mine that is).

All grisham had to do was comply with the oficers request, and none of this would matter. But like other OCDs, he decided to elevate the situation. Honestly I believe if his son wasnt there, there would not have been a trial, oh wait, thats only in Austin smile

I do hope with this next trial, they stick it to him. Doubt that will happen, he will probably claim PTSD and get off with some silly probation thing, but I can always hope

Again, the above is in no way a personal attack, so dont take it that way. Just my take on the matter up

Nor is this a personal attack, but I feel that decades of gutless cowards giving away rights for the feeling of security has placed us in this predicament.
Read about the Milgram experiment if you do not think that the majority of people do whatever they are told by authority figures regardless of beliefs or consequences. Just because some one is using their constitutional rights to bring attention to an issue in a way that offends you or you disagree with means nothing. Your opinion on the matter is just that, YOU"RE opinion, no ONE persons feelings about what another person does(within the bounds of the law) truly amounts to a hill of beans.

My take on the matter is that those "citizens" that think the best way to keep their rights is to keep their heads down and do nothing as their rights are slowly eroded away in the interest of not making waves or drawing any attention to the matter are the real problem. But as I said earlier that is just my opinion and is only worth what you paid for it.

Re: Mistrial in case of soldier "rudely" carrying his Rifle [Re: cory_cooper] #4695843 10/28/13 12:30 AM
F
Friction Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
F
Originally Posted By: cory_cooper
Originally Posted By: TreeBass

I'll continue to say:

Nor is this a personal attack, but I feel that decades of gutless cowards giving away rights for the feeling of security has placed us in this predicament.
Read about the Milgram experiment if you do not think that the majority of people do whatever they are told by authority figures regardless of beliefs or consequences. Just because some one is using their constitutional rights to bring attention to an issue in a way that offends you or you disagree with means nothing. Your opinion on the matter is just that, YOU"RE opinion, no ONE persons feelings about what another person does(within the bounds of the law) truly amounts to a hill of beans.

My take on the matter is that those "citizens" that think the best way to keep their rights is to keep their heads down and do nothing as their rights are slowly eroded away in the interest of not making waves or drawing any attention to the matter are the real problem. But as I said earlier that is just my opinion and is only worth what you paid for it.

i agree, those who truly believe in the 2nd amendment will support the 2nd amendment no matter who exercises this right. its kinda like rhino's calling out the tea party.

Re: Mistrial in case of soldier "rudely" carrying his Rifle [Re: Friction] #4695987 10/28/13 01:20 AM
L
lharrell79 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
L
And we're back. laugh

Re: Mistrial in case of soldier "rudely" carrying his Rifle [Re: cory_cooper] #4696062 10/28/13 01:40 AM
T
TreeBass Offline
Old Weller
Old Weller
T

Good point, and I agree wholeheartedly. Problem is, when you go out of your way to embarass LEOs just for your 15 minutes of fame, you do more harm than good. Think about it, in this day and age of mass shootings, and the publics view that is influenced by idiots with guns. Thats not smart at all.

Opinions matter, if you dont think so, you may want to take a closer look at history. All we need is for the public to actually get behind some democrap to pass more gun control laws that will bind the law abiding citizen.

Keeping quiet doesnt work either, but pick your battles. Its still my opinion that Grisham is an arrogant entitled individual and isnt helping our cause at all.

But as you stated, opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one. I stand behind mine up

[Linked Image]

Grizzly Coolers
Re: Mistrial in case of soldier "rudely" carrying his Rifle [Re: TreeBass] #4696110 10/28/13 01:52 AM
C
cory_cooper Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
you stand behind your arsehole or opinion? that was in jest. But recent history would suggest that appeasement of your opposition will get you nowhere. Give them an inch and they will take and ell. But what if "they" sought to appease us to quite us down, The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
You must be seen and heard to make a difference, test cases are also beneficial for this. As is looking at states that currently allow open carry and seeing the lack of problems associated with it. Remember every time concealed carry tried to pass all of the sheriffs, police chiefs, and state officials warning of gun battles in the street and "what about the children" rang from hill to dale. It passed no blood covered streets so far.

Re: Mistrial in case of soldier "rudely" carrying his Rifle [Re: cory_cooper] #4696188 10/28/13 02:13 AM
T
TreeBass Offline
Old Weller
Old Weller
T
20 years ago I ran round with an AR15 in the window of my truck. Never had an issue, not a complaint one.

Try that now and see where it gets you.

Society has changed, as has perception. The media is all about sensation and whats hot now. The main stream media will not allow pro gun advoacates to be shown or portrayed in a positive light. it will never happen. Its easier to stike fear into the general public, they are ignorant to most things unless its on CNN, FOX, or MSMBC, then its gospel and gotta be the truth.

100% of the LEOs I've worked with, talked with, were all in favor of concealed carry, so not so sure of what you heard.

Open carry is another animal all its own. I for one will not do it, because it makes me more of a "first hit" than I already am, but I will fully support your decision to do so.

[Linked Image]

Grizzly Coolers
Re: Mistrial in case of soldier "rudely" carrying his Rifle [Re: TreeBass] #4714970 11/03/13 12:25 PM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Quote:
I do hope with this next trial, they stick it to him.

Yep he went looking for a fight and he found one, now he screams for public sympathy to get him out of it. I have no sympathy for him! His excuse was pathetic and his first response to the officer went beyond stupid. He played a stupid game!

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: Mistrial in case of soldier "rudely" carrying his Rifle [Re: HWY_MAN] #4715961 11/03/13 07:51 PM
B
Beretta Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Originally Posted By: HWY_MAN
Quote:
I do hope with this next trial, they stick it to him.

Yep he went looking for a fight and he found one, now he screams for public sympathy to get him out of it. I have no sympathy for him! His excuse was pathetic and his first response to the officer went beyond stupid. He played a stupid game!

And what was his "first response" to the officer?

Re: Mistrial in case of soldier "rudely" carrying his Rifle [Re: cory_cooper] #4716894 11/04/13 01:28 AM
B
BOONER Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
you stand behind your arsehole or opinion? that was in jest. But recent history would suggest that appeasement of your opposition will get you nowhere. Give them an inch and they will take and ell. But what if "they" sought to appease us to quite us down, The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
You must be seen and heard to make a difference, test cases are also beneficial for this. As is looking at states that currently allow open carry and seeing the lack of problems associated with it. Remember every time concealed carry tried to pass all of the sheriffs, police chiefs, and state officials warning of gun battles in the street and "what about the children" rang from hill to dale. It passed no blood covered streets so far.

up

Re: Mistrial in case of soldier "rudely" carrying his Rifle [Re: BOONER] #4716903 11/04/13 01:31 AM
B
BOONER Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Cops should not be above the law!!! Ignorance of the law is not an excuse that the average joe can use to get out of a ticket so it should work both ways. Ignorance is not an excuse no matter if you wear a badge or not.

Re: Mistrial in case of soldier "rudely" carrying his Rifle [Re: BOONER] #4717570 11/04/13 08:04 AM
T
tth_40 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Test case or not, if there was a law broken he should have been arrested. If it was a righteous collar the prosecutor should be able to make a case that can stick. Unless the guy physically resisted the officer(s) and violated the law then what is the issue? This "play stupid games" thing that keeps coming up is going to get quite a few folks on both sides in trouble. Do I think Grisham was right in the way he handled being detained? Nope. The officer could and should have handled it differently as well. Common sense left the situation early. If the prosecutor can make the misdemeanor charge stick after a mistrial, they'll move to retry. November 18th is coming, we'll see what happens.

Wake me when it happens. yawn

Originally Posted By: theserxtremedays
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
Re: Mistrial in case of soldier "rudely" carrying his Rifle [Re: Beretta] #4717628 11/04/13 11:46 AM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Quote:

Sounds like you haven't been keeping up with this case so I'll help ya out.

When approached by the officer the fist question was why are you caring that rifle and CJ's first response was "Because I can". CJ himself said in an interview with Lynn Woolley live over the radio that that was a stupid thing to do. He even said his later response of needing it for protection against Hogs and Mountain Lions would have been a better response. At least it wasn't so in your face and defiant as the first one. His words not mine.

Re: Mistrial in case of soldier "rudely" carrying his Rifle [Re: tth_40] #4717637 11/04/13 11:54 AM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: tth_40
Test case or not, if there was a law broken he should have been arrested. If it was a righteous collar the prosecutor should be able to make a case that can stick. Unless the guy physically resisted the officer(s) and violated the law then what is the issue? This "play stupid games" thing that keeps coming up is going to get quite a few folks on both sides in trouble. Do I think Grisham was right in the way he handled being detained? Nope. The officer could and should have handled it differently as well. Common sense left the situation early. If the prosecutor can make the misdemeanor charge stick after a mistrial, they'll move to retry. November 18th is coming, we'll see what happens.

Wake me when it happens. yawn

When an officer is trying to secure your weapon does anybody think it's a good idea to yank it back out the officers hands? This too CJ admitted he did during the interview.

Re: Mistrial in case of soldier "rudely" carrying his Rifle [Re: HWY_MAN] #4717764 11/04/13 01:18 PM
C
cdoan02 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
Quote:

When approached by the officer the fist question was why are you caring that rifle and CJ's first response was "Because I can". CJ himself said in an interview with Lynn Woolley live over the radio that that was a stupid thing to do. He even said his later response of needing it for protection against Hogs and Mountain Lions would have been a better response. At least it wasn't so in your face and defiant as the first one. His words not mine.

And what is illegal about that answer?

Re: Mistrial in case of soldier "rudely" carrying his Rifle [Re: cdoan02] #4717808 11/04/13 01:37 PM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Quote:

Not a damn thing other than it led what could have been a short conversation and an ID check into a tense situation that resulted in his going to jail. Yanking the weapons out of the officers hands probably didn't help, you seem to keep missing that part.

Re: Mistrial in case of soldier "rudely" carrying his Rifle [Re: cdoan02] #4717815 11/04/13 01:39 PM
Cast Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Quote:

There is nothing illegal about his answer but how would you feel if you asked me the same question and got the same answer. It was a rude response followed by more rude actions. He reaped as he had sown.

Cast

[Linked Image]

I have a short attention spa
Re: Mistrial in case of soldier "rudely" carrying his Rifle [Re: Cast] #4717835 11/04/13 01:46 PM
C
cdoan02 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: Cast
Quote:

There is nothing illegal about his answer but how would you feel if you asked me the same question and got the same answer. It was a rude response followed by more rude actions. He reaped as he had sown.

So then let's start creating laws based on feelings.

Re: Mistrial in case of soldier "rudely" carrying his Rifle [Re: Cast] #4717845 11/04/13 01:48 PM
C
cdoan02 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: Cast
Quote:

Until laws are passed that make it illegal to hurt the feelings of an officer, then I will not be ok with officers arresting people for hurting their feelings.

And when laws are passed that make it illegal to insult government officials, do you not realize we will officially be a tyranny?

Re: Mistrial in case of soldier "rudely" carrying his Rifle [Re: cdoan02] #4717860 11/04/13 01:51 PM
C
cdoan02 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
Seriously. People keep spouting the same BS about how would you "feel"?

I'm sorry, I'm a grown adult. I operate off of facts, not feelings.

And I've addressed all of this multiple times, with supporting facts and reasoning. Nobody can even begin to address my postings, as they are INFALLIBLE.

So you just repeat the same garbage over and over without even having the decency to address the fact I already answered your question before you ever asked it.

My previous replies are INFALLIBLE. NONE of you can dispute any of it. Which is why you don't.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide