Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
313 1/8th B&C or 313 1/8th Whatever #4652803 10/12/13 01:33 PM
W
watworm2 Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
W
Out of respect for the late Ray Murski and his family, I don't want to say something wrong. The ranch this gorgeous animal came from actually has no record of this deer ever being in their pens, hes basically a ghost. No genetic alteration of any kind. I am not the ranch foreman, I outfit hunts for many ranches in the North Texas area, and Ray's son Mike is a close friend of mine. The animal was harvested cleanly, and ethically. He wasn't shot in or out of a pen or anything of the sort. As for my client that has harvested 2 of these magnificent animals that I have posted on here, he is a cancer survivor, and is into his 60's, and right now doesn't care what it cost to shoot basically anything, hes just happy to be alive. If I offended anyone by offering any more Hunts in the "Photo" section, I apologize, but in my post I didn't see a price list or anything of that nature, sorry if that offends you all. As for the tag, I truly never noticed it, and never knew he had one, it doesn't bother me in the least to harvest an animal with a tag, sorry I left it in the picture. I can promise you this I have deer on other ranches with tags in their ears that can not be harvested due to their intelligence. I welcome you to take a look at the animals on these ranches and I promise you that 90% of you couldn't tell me the difference between a 3 year old and a 5 year old, because their bodies are so large. I also was under the impression that this sight was to honor our sport that I love and to praise the animals that we raise, whether it be high or low fence, and to also congratulate the hunter as well as the ranch for the harvest regardless if it cost $100,000 or $1,000. After these ridiculous comments received on this picture of this incredible animal, ill stick to using the fishing forum and keep posting picks of all the 10 pounders I caught out of Fork this year, or is that considered BS as well.

Re: 313 1/8th B&C or 313 1/8th Whatever [Re: watworm2] #4652842 10/12/13 01:50 PM
M
mbavo Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
M
Well said. I wished you would give it another chance and stay. I enjoyed looking at the pics of the amazing deer you posted. As I am sure the majority of the forum did. Try not to let a few turd heads run you off.

Re: 313 1/8th B&C or 313 1/8th Whatever [Re: mbavo] #4652859 10/12/13 01:57 PM
L
Lazy L Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
L
Don't be offended by other people's post, just like the fishing forum you have guys that live their life by the "if you are not doing it my way, your doing it wrong" mentality.

"Hey running' buddy what'll say to a twelve pack"

Re: 313 1/8th B&C or 313 1/8th Whatever [Re: Lazy L] #4652876 10/12/13 02:03 PM
M
Mike Savoy Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
Some people are always going to hate on high fences. Don't let it stop you from posting on this forum.

Re: 313 1/8th B&C or 313 1/8th Whatever [Re: Mike Savoy] #4652903 10/12/13 02:22 PM
R
Rodney2100 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
I am not a deer hunter..I just looked at those photos, that is one nice deer. Be proud and don't worry about the negative posts... Congrats on the deer

Re: 313 1/8th B&C or 313 1/8th Whatever [Re: Mike Savoy] #4652910 10/12/13 02:25 PM
T
TF Panther Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
When you use words like "The animals we raise" it freaks me out. Sounds like you let people hunt Livestock. I know there is a difference....... as cows can actually get out of a low fence.

Re: 313 1/8th B&C or 313 1/8th Whatever [Re: Mike Savoy] #4652912 10/12/13 02:27 PM
B
Barcelona Rick Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
watworm2...the buck was truly spectacular...just out of curiosity when was the buck killed ? Noticed it still had some dried velvet...I do believe that all of us invite opinions when we post responses or photos...I have sure enough received some differing thoughts and that is just the nature of the beast. We all have different views or thoughts and often are passionate about them...just my 2centssir...

rick

Re: 313 1/8th B&C or 313 1/8th Whatever [Re: Barcelona Rick] #4652937 10/12/13 02:38 PM
W
watworm2 Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
W
@ Barcelona Rick, the deer was harvested last Tuesday, and as for the Velvet, the animal had so many tines there was no way to remove it all.

@ TF Panther, I don't know how you were raised, but I was raised to be a Stewart of the animals I hunt and harvest, high fence or low fence, on our low fence ranches if im feeding them and know them from year to year then im raising them, same as high fence. You obviously never seen a whitetail really jump, if they want out they gonna get out, 8, 10 , or even 12 foot fences. In my 15 years of raising High Fence animals ive seen them clear them all without ever clicking their heels.

Re: 313 1/8th B&C or 313 1/8th Whatever [Re: TF Panther] #4652978 10/12/13 02:54 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: TF Panther
When you use words like "The animals we raise" it freaks me out. Sounds like you let people hunt Livestock. I know there is a difference....... as cows can actually get out of a low fence.

Because no one ever passes on deer on low fence, and no body ever has 1-7 years worth of history on a deer on LF as the watch it age year after year

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: 313 1/8th B&C or 313 1/8th Whatever [Re: watworm2] #4653002 10/12/13 03:05 PM
B
Barcelona Rick Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
[quote=watworm2]@ Barcelona Rick, the deer was harvested last Tuesday, and as for the Velvet, the animal had so many tines there was no way to remove it all.

I wondered about that...I bet he tore up some cedar trees trying to get "clean up"...

rick

Re: 313 1/8th B&C or 313 1/8th Whatever [Re: BOBO the Clown] #4653006 10/12/13 03:06 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted By: TF Panther

Because no one ever passes on deer on low fence, and no body ever has 1-7 years worth of history on a deer on LF as the watch it age year after year

There's a chance several neighbors have that history too grin

Re: 313 1/8th B&C or 313 1/8th Whatever [Re: Barcelona Rick] #4653015 10/12/13 03:13 PM
B
Barcelona Rick Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
BOBO I worked near a small county airport that was heavily wooded on three sides for 31 years...the company property was about 30 acres and we had a large deer herd to watch year round. We watched a true giant mature over a 6 - 7 year period of time...he was massive for our area. We would see him on the airport property and he bedded in a thicket behind our shop building...he would cross a small field near the main office building just about everyday...hunting was not allowed so as far as we know he died of old age...once I was sitting in my truck on the backside of the property and out he came at about 10 yards...I had a .357 magnum S&W Model 66 and you can guess what went thru my mind...I needed the job more than the buck so he walked...

rick

Last edited by Barcelona Rick; 10/12/13 03:15 PM.
Re: 313 1/8th B&C or 313 1/8th Whatever [Re: Barcelona Rick] #4653032 10/12/13 03:19 PM
J
jshouse Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
wheres this airport of which you speak?

Originally Posted By: cameron00
If I send my neighbors a text and ask them to give me feedback on my lawn and plant rye into a giant dong pattern, I'm probably going to get some less than positive feedback. Same goes here.
Re: 313 1/8th B&C or 313 1/8th Whatever [Re: jshouse] #4653042 10/12/13 03:28 PM
B
Barcelona Rick Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
PM'ed you sir...

rick

Last edited by Barcelona Rick; 10/12/13 03:55 PM.
Re: 313 1/8th B&C or 313 1/8th Whatever [Re: Barcelona Rick] #4653072 10/12/13 03:48 PM
Mr. Clean Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Watworm2....Why justify yourself to those that clearly have their head stuck up a dark hole? Though I am pleased that you did. Having been a part of the THF for as long as I have it gives me great joy to have the fellowship of like minded hunters that enjoy the sport such as you. I have also made many GREAT friends here and I am sure I will continue to do so. What pisses me off is the haters, trolls and the likes that think they need to hang their hat on something they know nothing about. To produce a working HF Ranch like the one you are on takes an exact recipe of time, feed, genetics and SWEAT EQUITY. Something most of the "haters" know nothing about. There is so much more to BIG DEER than just filling a barrel full of corn and praying Goliath comes in.

Do you hate Michael Jordan because he could dunk a basketball, do you hate Neil Armstrong because he went to the Moon, do you hate Daryl Waltrip because he could drive fast in a circle?

I am pleased by your candid response and the "gentleness" in which you have done so, but I am also disgusted at the comments and rude banter about High Fence continuously on this forum. I have said it before....let the haters hate, most of them know NOTHING about what they say. Do what you do best, grow deer, High Fence, Low Fence, makes no difference to me....If I could....I would do exactly what you are doing and invite no haters to harvest the deer the Good Lord has gifted me with....whether I bought the damn things or not. God Bless, God's Speed and Keep up the great attitude and hard work. cheers

Re: 313 1/8th B&C or 313 1/8th Whatever [Re: Mr. Clean] #4653080 10/12/13 03:50 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Originally Posted By: Mr. Clean
Watworm2....Why justify yourself to those that clearly have their head stuck up a dark hole? Though I am pleased that you did. Having been a part of the THF for as long as I have it gives me great joy to have the fellowship of like minded hunters that enjoy the sport such as you. I have also made many GREAT friends here and I am sure I will continue to do so. What pisses me off is the haters, trolls and the likes that think they need to hang their hat on something they know nothing about. To produce a working HF Ranch like the one you are on takes an exact recipe of time, feed, genetics and SWEAT EQUITY. Something most of the "haters" know nothing about. There is so much more to BIG DEER than just filling a barrel full of corn and praying Goliath comes in.

Do you hate Michael Jordan because he could dunk a basketball, do you hate Neil Armstrong because he went to the Moon, do you hate Daryl Waltrip because he could drive fast in a circle?

I am pleased by your candid response and the "gentleness" in which you have done so, but I am also disgusted at the comments and rude banter about High Fence continuously on this forum. I have said it before....let the haters hate, most of them know NOTHING about what they say. Do what you do best, grow deer, High Fence, Low Fence, makes no difference to me....If I could....I would do exactly what you are doing and invite no haters to harvest the deer the Good Lord has gifted me with....whether I bought the damn things or not. God Bless, God's Speed and Keep up the great attitude and hard work. cheers

cheers

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: 313 1/8th B&C or 313 1/8th Whatever [Re: mbavo] #4653081 10/12/13 03:51 PM
H
huntnguide83 Online Happy
Veteran Tracker
Online Happy
Veteran Tracker
H
I'm just sorry I missed the picture. Irregardless congratulations on such a great harvest and most of all him beating cancer. I know how you feel though. There's always a jack hole or two who are the almighty great hunters/ fisherman/ game biologist expert on any forum. Don't let that push you away. There are a lot of good folks on here.

Re: 313 1/8th B&C or 313 1/8th Whatever [Re: stxranchman] #4653084 10/12/13 03:52 PM
S
Seadog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: stxranchman
Originally Posted By: Mr. Clean

cheers

cheers

I support Cap and Trade - Cap our spending and Trade Obama

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the Government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. - Thomas Jefferson
Re: 313 1/8th B&C or 313 1/8th Whatever [Re: Barcelona Rick] #4653095 10/12/13 03:56 PM
P
Pittstate Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
I don't want to start a LF vs HF debate because it is senseless. But, I do wish we had a HF hunting section on this site. I have nothing wrong with someone HF hunting, and I might do it someday myself.

However, an animal taken in a HF is not qualified for B&C or P&Y for several reasons. And, there is no comparison between a deer taken in a HF vs LF free range environment. When I left 130" deer walk to make it to 150" and then let them walk to get to 170" and then let them walk to get to 190" plus, there are way more factors involved on that deer having a chance to survive that long. Heck, a buck in rut may and will travel up to and over 10 miles searching for hot does. And, a lot of hunters will have an opportunity to harvest him on this journey. I could go on and on with examples.

Again, I am not against HF, I just have an open mind on what it is and why B&C and P&Y do not recognize it. And, I agree with the reasoning behind the decision.

Re: 313 1/8th B&C or 313 1/8th Whatever [Re: huntnguide83] #4653099 10/12/13 03:58 PM
B
Barcelona Rick Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Originally Posted By: huntnguide83
I'm just sorry I missed the picture. Irregardless congratulations on such a great harvest and most of all him beating cancer. I know how you feel though. There's always a jack hole or two who are the almighty great hunters/ fisherman/ game biologist expert on any forum. Don't let that push you away. There are a lot of good folks on here.

Look down a few threads and the pics are there sir...titled 313 1/8th B&C

rick

Re: 313 1/8th B&C or 313 1/8th Whatever [Re: Pittstate] #4653108 10/12/13 04:04 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Originally Posted By: Pittstate
I don't want to start a LF vs HF debate because it is senseless. But, I do wish we had a HF hunting section on this site. I have nothing wrong with someone HF hunting, and I might do it someday myself.

However, an animal taken in a HF is not qualified for B&C or P&Y for several reasons. And, there is no comparison between a deer taken in a HF vs LF free range environment. When I left 130" deer walk to make it to 150" and then let them walk to get to 170" and then let them walk to get to 190" plus, there are way more factors involved on that deer having a chance to survive that long. Heck, a buck in rut may and will travel up to and over 10 miles searching for hot does. And, a lot of hunters will have an opportunity to harvest him on this journey. I could go on and on with examples.

Again, I am not against HF, I just have an open mind on what it is and why B&C and P&Y do not recognize it. And, I agree with the reasoning behind the decision.

Why do we need more segregation amongst hunters than we already have? We need hunters in the sport how ever we can get them as long as the deem their hunting style, hunting choice and weapon choice ethical. There is only one "book" I care to live by and it don't have animal records in it.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: 313 1/8th B&C or 313 1/8th Whatever [Re: stxranchman] #4653123 10/12/13 04:12 PM
P
Pittstate Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
I didn't say to segregate the hunters....we have a bow hunting section don't we? There are big differences in bow, rifle and high fence hunting and an animal taken in each have their own scoring titles (well bow and rifle do). I think it is time to have a scoring title for HF as well. Like I said, I have nothing against the sport of HF hunting, I just think it is important we distinguish between them.

Re: 313 1/8th B&C or 313 1/8th Whatever [Re: Pittstate] #4653135 10/12/13 04:19 PM
J
jshouse Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
doesnt SCI take HF game? or am i dumb?

Originally Posted By: cameron00
If I send my neighbors a text and ask them to give me feedback on my lawn and plant rye into a giant dong pattern, I'm probably going to get some less than positive feedback. Same goes here.
Re: 313 1/8th B&C or 313 1/8th Whatever [Re: jshouse] #4653140 10/12/13 04:21 PM
E
erniejs Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
E
Mr Clean has posted my exact thoughts

We get old too fast and wise too slow
Re: 313 1/8th B&C or 313 1/8th Whatever [Re: jshouse] #4653152 10/12/13 04:26 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
Originally Posted By: jshouse
doesnt SCI take HF game? or am i dumb?

That's what I was thinking too..

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread