Any pictures from this visit popcorn

Re: Big is coming along... [Re: rifleman] #4594286 09/23/13 07:40 PM
J
jshouse Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
J
a few, still tough to find the daylight pattern so i'm not real sure what i am gonna do saturday till i can look through all of them again good.

these pics are from a spot that would be a lot less intrusive to get into in the morning, but of course all the pics there are in the evening, interesting that the 10 is still in velvet, he is the last one to shed out there

these are from the other side of the property, just about a hundred yards away, where my tree stand is. little tougher to get in here but any morning pics of him come from this area, although most of his appearances are late in the evening.

this was after the heavy rain thursday night and friday morning, hopefully the rain and cold front will hit friday night like they keep saying

Originally Posted By: cameron00
If I send my neighbors a text and ask them to give me feedback on my lawn and plant rye into a giant dong pattern, I'm probably going to get some less than positive feedback. Same goes here.
Re: Big is coming along... [Re: jshouse] #4594320 09/23/13 07:53 PM
U
UTMallard Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
U
Really enjoying this thread. Good luck getting him!

Re: Big is coming along... [Re: UTMallard] #4594379 09/23/13 08:14 PM
S
Smiling Mallard Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Originally Posted By: UTMallard
Really enjoying this thread.

Enjoying this thread!!! Seriously!!! This thread is almost more than I can bear. The build-up to the final ground checking of this buck has me loosing sleep at night! I hate this thread and at the same time I can't keep my eyes off of it! Damn you jshouse!!!! Damn you!! If I don't see a picture of you and this buck doing the Texas Trophy Hunter pose in the very near future I'm going to have a bigger break down than Mack Brown is soon to have. grin

Now....got anymore pictures???

GOOD LUCK!!!

cheers

"Call 'em up close and shoot 'em in the face"
Re: Big is coming along... [Re: Smiling Mallard] #4594426 09/23/13 08:31 PM
J
jshouse Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
J
haha, how do you think i feel! the wannabe "serious trophy hunter" in me knows that i should probably just sit out the first morning hunt, with as few AM daylight pics as i am getting of him, but i'm not sure i have the will power to do it. not only is he rarely there i would hate to bump him if he is there early.

but what makes it difficult is that my property is only about 250-300 yards wide and i have yet to nail down a bedding location for him even though i have had cameras scattered around for 3 years. i will catch him here and there but nothing enough to convince me that i have found his haunt. i know the guys on both sides of me know about him and one of them bow hunts, he sent me an email this morning just asking "are you ready?"

i fear that if i miss a chance at him, any chance, i may not get another. this was my chance last year....(horrible pic for my boy though blush )

you can barely see my stand in the tree in the upper right corner, to the right of that black dot, i picked a different set that morning, 50 yards on the other side of those trees in the background, because the wind wasnt perfect, first daylight pics of him in several weeks and he still disappeared till march after it was taken.

thoughts?

Last edited by jshouse; 09/23/13 08:32 PM.

If I send my neighbors a text and ask them to give me feedback on my lawn and plant rye into a giant dong pattern, I'm probably going to get some less than positive feedback. Same goes here.
Re: Big is coming along... [Re: jshouse] #4594491 09/23/13 08:56 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
Now I know why he hides when the rut starts.

Re: Big is coming along... [Re: rifleman] #4594498 09/23/13 08:57 PM
J
jshouse Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Lmao, i was waiting for it, should have known who it would come from.

Re: Big is coming along... [Re: rifleman] #4594501 09/23/13 08:58 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
I cant tell because the pick is fuzzy but I hope that's a doe...

If it is looks like the ladies just cant get enough!

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Big is coming along... [Re: redchevy] #4594638 09/23/13 09:35 PM
J
jshouse Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Its a little spike he ran with quite a bit last summer. Maybe hes just misunderstood.

Re: Big is coming along... [Re: jshouse] #4594675 09/23/13 09:44 PM
C
Chief Joe Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
What an amazing animal! Hope to see it down...

"It is the same boiling water that softens the rice, which hardens the egg." It's not always about the circumstances, but what you are made of....
Re: Big is coming along... [Re: jshouse] #4594946 09/23/13 11:12 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: jshouse
haha, how do you think i feel! the wannabe "serious trophy hunter" in me knows that i should probably just sit out the first morning hunt, with as few AM daylight pics as i am getting of him, but i'm not sure i have the will power to do it. not only is he rarely there i would hate to bump him if he is there early.

but what makes it difficult is that my property is only about 250-300 yards wide and i have yet to nail down a bedding location for him even though i have had cameras scattered around for 3 years. i will catch him here and there but nothing enough to convince me that i have found his haunt. i know the guys on both sides of me know about him and one of them bow hunts, he sent me an email this morning just asking "are you ready?"

i fear that if i miss a chance at him, any chance, i may not get another. this was my chance last year....(horrible pic for my boy though blush )

you can barely see my stand in the tree in the upper right corner, to the right of that black dot, i picked a different set that morning, 50 yards on the other side of those trees in the background, because the wind wasnt perfect, first daylight pics of him in several weeks and he still disappeared till march after it was taken.

thoughts?

I would avoid hunting the morning hunt and come in the middle of the day and hunt the spot that's less intrusive that you usually see him in the evenings. That's the only way to know that he hasn't busted you on your approach.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Big is coming along... [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #4595016 09/23/13 11:32 PM
J
jshouse Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

I would avoid hunting the morning hunt and come in the middle of the day and hunt the spot that's less intrusive that you usually see him in the evenings. That's the only way to know that he hasn't busted you on your approach.

i agree with you. now if i can just talk myself into it...lol

Re: Big is coming along... [Re: jshouse] #4596562 09/24/13 01:43 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Just get to your stand at noon the day before season starts and camp out... its worth it!

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Big is coming along... [Re: redchevy] #4596580 09/24/13 01:47 PM
txshntr Online Content
T-Rex Arms
Online Content
T-Rex Arms
Originally Posted By: redchevy
Just get to your stand at noon the day before season starts and camp out... its worth it!

If I did something like that, dang deer would probably come out and feed from 4:00-dark the day before season and I would have to just sit there and watch him...then never see him again bang

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Big is coming along... [Re: txshntr] #4596605 09/24/13 02:00 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
You must have luck like mine!

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Big is coming along... [Re: redchevy] #4596784 09/24/13 02:57 PM
C
catchin' Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
Wow he is a Monster. I love his body mass.

Life is Good Today.

I never dreamed of being a father....now I can't imagine being anything else.
Re: Big is coming along... [Re: redchevy] #4597102 09/24/13 05:02 PM
J
jshouse Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
J

if it wasnt a $49 tree stand with a foot platform as big as a shoe box i would. i guess i could try it in the pop up, i just really think if is gonna be killed, it will be at the tree stand set.

i havent ruled out sneaking in at like 2am and just strapping myself in with the phone alarm on vibrate...is night vision legal to use to get into your stand? would be really cool if it was.

Re: Big is coming along... [Re: jshouse] #4597321 09/24/13 06:15 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T

if it wasnt a $49 tree stand with a foot platform as big as a shoe box i would. i guess i could try it in the pop up, i just really think if is gonna be killed, it will be at the tree stand set.

i havent ruled out sneaking in at like 2am and just strapping myself in with the phone alarm on vibrate...is night vision legal to use to get into your stand? would be really cool if it was.

Why wouldn't night vision be legal to use to get to the stand? As long as you aren't shooting in the night, what difference does it make to how you get to the stand...

I planon using my new thermal handheld to tell me if there are deer in the area when going out in the AM just to know if I need to be quiet and wait or if it is ok to go to blind. I won't have my NV scope with me so there can be no question about shooting, but any little thing that can help.

You gotta figure a way to get this guy this season. You have so many people rooting for you. I think if you never see him you need to make up some story about how he ducked your shot or something, just to give some type of closure to the story.

Really though, good luck. I hope to see pics of this buck on the ground soon!

Re: Big is coming along... [Re: Texas buckeye] #4597366 09/24/13 06:36 PM
J
jshouse Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted By: Texas buckeye
I think if you never see him you need to make up some story about how he ducked your shot or something, just to give some type of closure to the story.

Really though, good luck. I hope to see pics of this buck on the ground soon!

haha, man, i appreciate it, i just want a chance....

Re: Big is coming along... [Re: jshouse] #4598388 09/24/13 11:47 PM
H
Hobbs McAvoy Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H
Don't hunt the morning if he hasn't been coming in very often. You will risk bumping him out of there and alerting him that he is being hunted. Plus, you could bump him right to your neighbor. Be strong and hunt the evenings. It's your best chance. Try to check your cameras Friday and let them tell you when to hunt.

Re: Big is coming along... [Re: jshouse] #4598424 09/24/13 11:54 PM
RedSnake Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

i agree with you. now if i can just talk myself into it...lol

As much as it pains me, I won't be going until Sat pm for the same reason. May only get one chance with these guys.

Re: Big is coming along... [Re: Hobbs McAvoy] #4598456 09/25/13 12:03 AM
H
Hogslayer5L Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
H
Originally Posted By: Hobbs McAvoy
Don't hunt the morning if he hasn't been coming in very often. You will risk bumping him out of there and alerting him that he is being hunted. Plus, you could bump him right to your neighbor. Be strong and hunt the evenings. It's your best chance. Try to check your cameras Friday and let them tell you when to hunt.

What if he bumps him while checking cameras?

Re: Big is coming along... [Re: Hogslayer5L] #4599295 09/25/13 03:35 AM
J
jshouse Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
J
I check cameras and feed weekly, either monday or tuesday between 10a and 2p, he is there the same evenings eating. He was the first deer at the feeder after i mowed the plot last week and he was the first deer at the feeder the day i plowed and planted last fall.

I realize it sounds like i am trying to talk myself into hunting when i maybe shouldnt, but there are people and houses all around this deer everyday. I get several pics of packs of dogs running through the place every week, the
deer will scatter then be back eating within 20 or 30 mins. My south neighbor has a shooting range on his place 25 yards from the fence.

Its crazy out there, its Hunt county son.

I am going down either thursday or friday afternoon to check cams one last time. and freshen up the chum pile, i will met the pics tell me what to do.

Re: Big is coming along... [Re: jshouse] #4599302 09/25/13 03:37 AM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
I would drive the tractor to the blind.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Big is coming along... [Re: jshouse] #4599307 09/25/13 03:38 AM
RedSnake Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
hope the next pic you post is with you holding him by the horns!

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide