Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Spooky stories? [Re: ryorgensen] #4592650 09/23/13 04:11 AM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Many years ago at our Crockett lease I had a bowstand pretty deep in the woods through switchcane, etc. Back in the days of mini-Maglites. Turned a corner and my light hit the biggest shining eye I had ever seen about 40 yards out. It would move a little, disappear, and then come back. I couldn't see the other eye so I assumed it was peeking at me from behind a tree and then going back behind it. It was huge and all I had was a bow. I was so scared I was frozen-thought if I turned my back on it and ran I would be a goner. Finally got the courage to yell at it to try and scare it off. No dice. About the time my batteries were running out it started getting light enough to see. I had just about gathered enough courage to do battle with the Beast. Then I identified what I was dealing with.

A mylar party balloon that said "Happy Birthday!" on it. scared

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Spooky stories? [Re: John Humbert] #4592710 09/23/13 04:43 AM
S
spibiggie Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
Originally Posted By: ryorgensen
What's the Blackwell story?
Originally Posted By: John Humbert
Opening day last year I left late from Plano on Friday and made it as far as Abilene before I was too tired to drive. Got a room in Abilene and crashed for a few hours. Got up at 3am and drove to Blackwell the next morning. As I turned off 377 onto 153 about 3 miles and drove up on a bad single car accident. Some guy hauling a Uhaul lost it and rolled it. The cops had the road closed and life flight was just landing. About an hour delay before they cleared it.

Skipped forward to earlier this year making a trip to the lease. Again stayed the night in Abilene and left early. As I turned off 377 onto 153 and rolling along, when I came to the same dip on the road there is a guy standing on the side of the road. I zipped by him and then got to thinking there may be another accident, turned around and went back. No one there. Now remember this is like 3:45am.
Oh well, I guess my mind is playing tricks on me before my morning coffee.

Two months later, again heading to the lease about the same time. This time my daughter and her BF are with me. Get to the same spot and there is a guy standing on the road in the same spot. I am upset but whiz by again. The BF says, "hey, I think that guy was flagging us down. Do you want to stop and help?" I just said, "Nope, nothing I can do for him." and keep going.

Re: Spooky stories? [Re: ryorgensen] #4592971 09/23/13 12:53 PM
C
Chadillac Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
I was hiding in some bushes when a bunch of hogs came up on me. I opened up on them with my pistol. My wife thought she heard me say "no,no,no" and then heard my gun shots. She was freaked out. Well, I started back to camp but got side tracked and was close to my wives area. I was trying to be careful to avoid it so I was walking carefully trying to get out of the area. She could see me sneaking around bushes and was really freaked out by then. So, she jumped out of the tree strand and started up a hill to go back to camp. By then I was already at the top of the hill and when she got close to the top she looked up and saw a person (me) and screamed. Scared the crap out of me!

Re: Spooky stories? [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #4593181 09/23/13 02:15 PM
C
Choctaw Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
Many years ago at our Crockett lease I had a bowstand pretty deep in the woods through switchcane, etc. Back in the days of mini-Maglites. Turned a corner and my light hit the biggest shining eye I had ever seen about 40 yards out. It would move a little, disappear, and then come back. I couldn't see the other eye so I assumed it was peeking at me from behind a tree and then going back behind it. It was huge and all I had was a bow. I was so scared I was frozen-thought if I turned my back on it and ran I would be a goner. Finally got the courage to yell at it to try and scare it off. No dice. About the time my batteries were running out it started getting light enough to see. I had just about gathered enough courage to do battle with the Beast. Then I identified what I was dealing with.

A mylar party balloon that said "Happy Birthday!" on it. scared

Greatness! happy3

Re: Spooky stories? [Re: Choctaw] #4593266 09/23/13 02:35 PM
T
treeman Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
Couple years ago I was at the lease by myself and i went to the stand extra early one morning. It was pitch black. I climbed into the 4x6 stand with 12"x12"windows four feet off the ground. I settled back for a snooze and as I sit there i notice a small white light on the inside of the roof. I climbed out of the stand and looked around but never found the source of the light. no roads and if it had been someone on the outside they would have to be next to the stand to shine light on inside roof. never figured that one out.

Re: Spooky stories? [Re: treeman] #4593322 09/23/13 02:49 PM
C
ChadTRG42 Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
C
During rifle season on an old deer lease near Breckenridge, I parked about 300 yards away from the stand. On the early morning walk in, I like to not use a flash light when possible. In one low area where the grass gets tall and scattered trees overhanging the 2 track road, I busted up a herd of pigs. I almost stepped on a large sow right off the edge of the path, and piglets and many pigs scattered. I didn't have a round in the chamber, and no time to chamber one. I had pigs running by at my feet and all kinds of grunting happening. I froze, and saw all kinds of shadows of pigs running under the trees and in the grass right at me. It freaked me out! After that, anything else I think I can handle. (even a covey of quail busting up in the dark right in front of you, which will still make you jump!)

[Linked Image]
Custom and Precision Ammunition!!
https://DallasReloads.com/
Type 01 and Type 06 FFL
Re: Spooky stories? [Re: ChadTRG42] #4593554 09/23/13 03:51 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Might sound crazy but my place is haunted. We have more than one experience on it. If other people wouldn't have experinced stuff I wouldn't even be posting.

Mine was "I was following Dad to the stand but he seemed to have walked too far passed it. I asked him where he was going and when he answered he was behind me. I have no Idea who i was following it was just me and my Dad and there is no livestock on my place. It looked like an persons outline so I thought it was my father."

Another time My nephews were playing in an old trailer on the place and started yelling stranger. We we went to investigate and they said that a dark man was standing there watching them and he went into the wellhouse. We never found anything. No footprints or signs.

One of my buddies was steadily talking and I was getting something from the truck. When I walked back up to him and asked who he was talking to he freaked out. He said he wasn't expecting me to come from that direction because he was talking to me and saw me standing at the other corner of the trailer.

These are just a few things. Other people have had things they can't explain happen as well.

Sometimes it's hard being me! But somebody has to do it.
Re: Spooky stories? [Re: hook_n_line] #4594465 09/23/13 08:45 PM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
That's freaky HnL. I believe it too. I've had some strange things happen at our place that can't be explained away.

Life is too short, as is. Don't chance it.
Don't text and drive.
Re: Spooky stories? [Re: Texan Til I Die] #4594612 09/23/13 09:27 PM
T
TxAg Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: Texan Til I Die
Shot a BIG hog under a feeder late one afternoon. Way too big to eat, so I decided to move it off a couple hundred yards to an opening and use it for coyote bait. It took 2 of us to wrestle it into the bed of the truck to get it moved. Next morning it starts getting light and I'm scanning that opening for varmints. I can't see anything, even though the hog should be easily visible. Hunted for several hours and didn't see a single deer, which was really unusual. Finally, I climbed down and walked over to where we had dropped the hog. You could clearly see exactly where the hog had been laying, and there were drag marks for about 2 feet, then nothing. No hair, blood stains, bones, hide, nothing. Something had picked up a 175 pound hog and carried it off without leaving a trace. I still to this day can't figure out what happened.

What county was this?

Re: Spooky stories? [Re: TxAg] #4594667 09/23/13 09:43 PM
T
TxAg Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
I've got a couple, but none with the spookiness factor of some of y'alls.

One night a buddy and I were camping up in Montana. It was a nice night, so were sleeping under the stars. I was on the tailgate, and he was on the ground about 10 ft away. In the middle of the night, maybe 4am, I was awakened by footsteps near camp. They kept coming closer. The weird part was they would take a few steps, then stop for a bit, then take a few more. It was like they were listening to see if we were aware. Well, they kept coming closer, and my buddy on the ground started to freak out. I hear him whisper "What is that?!". Finally, whatever it is is about to be right on top of us, so I fish out my headlamp. Just as it's about to be on my buddy I hit it with the beam and see.......one freaked out WT doe! She stared for a second or two, then bolted. She was probably just browsing real slow, hence the start and stop. Got your heart racing though.

The real strange one happened up in Alaska. We had back-packed a good ways in, and I was sleeping in a little light tent. In the middle of the night I woke up with that strange feeling that something was watching me. I can't explain it; I just knew there were eyes on me. I didn't have any decent light with me since we were backpacking, so I quietly found my headlamp, then opened the tent zipper just enough to see out. It was too dark to make anything out, so I popped the light on. Sure enough, a pair of eyes was there, shining back about 20 yards out. It retreated a little, out beyond my light, but would "peek" out every so often. It would move a little, but always at the edge of the light. After about 15 minutes of this it left. I never did figure out what it was. I looked for tracks the next day, but didn't find anything.

Re: Spooky stories? [Re: Bittercreek] #4594968 09/23/13 11:18 PM
S
Slow Drifter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Mine sure can't compare to some on here, that's for sure! On weekend during the off-season my cousin and I were on a work-weekend at deer camp. I'd pulled down an old 5-gallon feeder and replaced it. We get back to camp about dark. I just plop the feeder on the table in my Airstream trailer and forget about it. We break into the coolers and have quite a few. We go to our trailers finally and all was well until early the next morning when that %^$#@! feeder went off and slung a handful of corn inside that aluminum Airstream! Whew Lord!!! that scared the hell outta' me.

Another: There was a large downed tree on the way to my stand from camp. We'd salvaged the tree for firewood but the 7-8 foot tall stump was still there. Every single time my flashlight hit it in the morning it looked like a very tall killer something or other and always gave me a start. It was just an odd shape and looked very human-like. I make the mistake of mentioning this in jest one time. One night, about 2am, I hear a strange "thump thump thump" coming from that direction. It happens twice,, then stops. In the morning I get up, already a bit un-nerved by the strange sounds, but not so much as to say anything. I'm walking to my stand, my flashlight beam hits the "object" as usual, only this time it has HUGE glowing eyes staring right back at me. My "buddies" had nailed two flattened beer cans to the stump. That's when I broke out the chainsaw.

"I have no idea what WW-III will be fought with, but WW-IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

A. Einstein

Re: Spooky stories? [Re: Slow Drifter] #4595227 09/24/13 12:38 AM
B
BillydGoat Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
B
Once at my Tarpley lease I decided to sit on the ground with a cedar at my back hoping that a deer or hog would walk by a clearing in front of me. Getting close to dusk, it got extremely quiet. A quiet I've never experienced before. As I panned over to my left, I could've sworn there was, what appeared to be a native American standing there. I about leaped 10 feet into the air while simultaneously running in the opposite direction. After about 10 yards I looked back. Of course nothing was there. After I told the owner about this incident, he revealed that there was an old burial mound nearby. I never hunted those parts of the woods again.

Re: Spooky stories? [Re: BillydGoat] #4595429 09/24/13 01:28 AM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
Man, that is freaky. The hair on my neck stood up.

Don't text and drive.
Re: Spooky stories? [Re: Erathkid] #4595743 09/24/13 02:36 AM
J
jlbain94 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
J
Well I'm not gonna be able to sleep tonight. Thanks.

A man can never have enough guns.
Re: Spooky stories? [Re: jlbain94] #4596225 09/24/13 07:34 AM
T
target1911 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: bullseyebain94
Well I'm not gonna be able to sleep tonight. Thanks.

SURE you can. Just listen to the flutes play and the beat of the drums. wink

"A good life is never too short"
My Dad
Re: Spooky stories? [Re: target1911] #4596395 09/24/13 12:27 PM
C
Cochise Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Creepy Stories

The think above has been posted before in another thread. Some crazy stories on there - enjoy doing nothing at work for the rest of the day while you read!

Re: Spooky stories? [Re: Cochise] #4596481 09/24/13 01:02 PM
Z
zeagle68 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
Z
I have been reading the stories from the survivalist board for a couple of months, Should be awesome for the deer hunters on here as they walk to the blind, especially if it gets a bit foggy!

Re: Spooky stories? [Re: zeagle68] #4596552 09/24/13 01:35 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
I hate foggy mornings. My place is in "Booger County" and only a mile from a feline rehab center. Foggy mornings and a lion's roar coming down a creek bottom will get your blood pumping.

Sometimes it's hard being me! But somebody has to do it.
Re: Spooky stories? [Re: treeman] #4596757 09/24/13 02:46 PM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
Originally Posted By: treeman
Couple years ago I was at the lease by myself and i went to the stand extra early one morning. It was pitch black. I climbed into the 4x6 stand with 12"x12"windows four feet off the ground. I settled back for a snooze and as I sit there i notice a small white light on the inside of the roof. I climbed out of the stand and looked around but never found the source of the light. no roads and if it had been someone on the outside they would have to be next to the stand to shine light on inside roof. never figured that one out.
Could it have been your "Halo"?, this happens to me from time to time. Take it off and rub some dirt on it, this helps a lot.

Last edited by Erathkid; 09/24/13 04:44 PM.

Don't text and drive.
Re: Spooky stories? [Re: Erathkid] #4596781 09/24/13 02:56 PM
C
cabosandinh Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
I've never seen ghosts but I can sense a spirit(s) looking at
me or following me. I hate that cold chill and heaviness of
a presence

my truck alarm would go off , lights would turn on at my old
lease in Haskell ,,, it only does this on this particular lease
My friend thought I was smoking something until I invite him
out to hunt in early spring, 9pm truck light comes on,,,
2am truck alarm goes off ,,, happened twice on 2 different
occasions,, he's now a believer

Re: Spooky stories? [Re: Erathkid] #4596793 09/24/13 02:58 PM
K
Krayton K Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
K
I may wait till daylight to hit the bow stand saturday now!

Re: Spooky stories? [Re: TxAg] #4597063 09/24/13 04:49 PM
T
Texan Til I Die Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: TxAg
Shot a BIG hog under a feeder late one afternoon. Way too big to eat, so I decided to move it off a couple hundred yards to an opening and use it for coyote bait. It took 2 of us to wrestle it into the bed of the truck to get it moved. Next morning it starts getting light and I'm scanning that opening for varmints. I can't see anything, even though the hog should be easily visible. Hunted for several hours and didn't see a single deer, which was really unusual. Finally, I climbed down and walked over to where we had dropped the hog. You could clearly see exactly where the hog had been laying, and there were drag marks for about 2 feet, then nothing. No hair, blood stains, bones, hide, nothing. Something had picked up a 175 pound hog and carried it off without leaving a trace. I still to this day can't figure out what happened.

What county was this?
Extreme SE Scurry/SW Fisher - right on the county line.

Silver spurs and gold tequila
keep me hanging on.
Pretty girls and old cantinas
give me shelter from the storm.
Re: Spooky stories? [Re: Texan Til I Die] #4597251 09/24/13 05:51 PM
B
Buck_N_Hook Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
3 years ago was in my elevated blind before sun up in November and was just scanning the horizon past my feeder when all of a sudden this bright light shines above the tree line about 400 yards away. I thought just a Plane or something but there was no noise. It hovered for about 20 seconds then shot straight up about 100 yards. I had my video camera with me and reached down to grab it (about 3 seconds lapsed) and it was gone.

Happened again the next week with my buddy in the same stand to.

But have not seen it again.

"People have more fun than anybody I know!!!"
Re: Spooky stories? [Re: Buck_N_Hook] #4598586 09/25/13 12:36 AM
D
destroyer4570 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
D
This incident did not happen to me, but it happened to my father. He was hunting one morning at my grandfather's place, his father in law, this happened to be around the late 70's maybe early 80's, anyhow he was walking to his stand in the early morning pre dawn hours to his deer blind, which was about 1/4 of a mile from the house. As he gets half way to the blind he hears a snarl/growl and footsteps in the brush as if something stalking him, as soon as he would stop to listen to whatever it was that was walking behind him it would stop to. This happened for a couple of times more as he would stop and try to hear what it was and whatever it was would stop too and all he could hear was it's snarl breathing type of noise coming from the brush behind, So he decided he would pick up the pace and get in his blind as quickly as he could as now he was within a few yards of his blind. As he picked up the pace and made it to the ladder of the blind he could hear it pick the pace too right after him, he then went up the stairs made in in his blind and locked the doors and waited until the safety of daylight until he would get down and go back to the house. He told me that he latter he remembers than around that time that happened to him there were several ranchers around that area who reported their livestock being killed and eaten and also a few sightings of mountain lions. My dad was never one to show fear as he was a Vietnam Vet but every time he would tell that story the hairs on his arms and neck would stand up.

Re: Spooky stories? [Re: Texan Til I Die] #4599325 09/25/13 03:46 AM
B
Bittercreek Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
B
Originally Posted By: TxAg

What county was this?
Extreme SE Scurry/SW Fisher - right on the county line.

I know what-"carried' it off.
Alot of -"tales" in that area, and Scurry and Bordern County of such happines.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide