Print Thread
hunting license #4591526 09/22/13 09:09 PM
B
buckhunter10 Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
B
I am a texas resident now but I do not have my texas ID yet.

I was told it takes like 4 weeks to get a the license here? Do you know if there is anyway I can buy a instate hunting license, I dont want to have to pay 300 bucks for a non resident.

Re: hunting license [Re: buckhunter10] #4591592 09/22/13 09:38 PM
O
Old Rabbit Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
O
Texas Resident Licenses

A RESIDENT is a person who has lived continuously in Texas for more than six months immediately before applying for a license. Members of the United States Armed Forces (and their dependents) on active duty anywhere are entitled to purchase a resident license, but the Texas Resident Active Duty “Super Combo” package is available to Texas residents only.

How long have you lived in Texas. Call (800) 792-1112 and ask them.

Re: hunting license [Re: Old Rabbit] #4591720 09/22/13 10:32 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
If you have been here 6 months, you should already had gotten your Texas drivers license. confused2

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: hunting license [Re: dogcatcher] #4591724 09/22/13 10:34 PM
B
buckhunter10 Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
B
Originally Posted By: dogcatcher
If you have been here 6 months, you should already had gotten your Texas drivers license. confused2

I have not been here 6 months yet only about 2. I guess Ill just have to wait then. Thanks for the clarification. However. I am getting my Texas ID this week.

Re: hunting license [Re: buckhunter10] #4591967 09/23/13 12:14 AM
M
maximum Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
by law, if you've moved here
and are now living here, you
had 30 days to get your license
changed. after that, you're in violation.

Texas trans. code 521.029(a)

Re: hunting license [Re: maximum] #4592243 09/23/13 01:43 AM
B
buckhunter10 Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
B
Well I guess I broke the law then, I have been very busy with work, and I am getting it done this week for sure.

Re: hunting license [Re: buckhunter10] #4592618 09/23/13 03:52 AM
A
Anthony Cole Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
A
Hunters hoping to be ready for the start of dove season need to head to a sporting goods store or get online beginning next Wednesday and purchase a hunting or fishing license.
Current-year Texas hunting and fishing licenses (except year-to-date fishing licenses) expire Aug. 31, and new licenses for 2012-2013 will go on sale Wednesday, Aug. 15.
The Texas Parks and Wildlife Department issues about 2.1 million hunting and fishing licenses annually through the agency’s 28 field offices, more than 58 state parks and at over 1,600 retailers across Texas. Licenses may also be purchased online at www.tpwd.state.tx.us/buy or by phone, (800) 895-4248, with a $5 convenience fee required for each transaction. Confirmation numbers will verify that a license has been purchased, which is sufficient for dove hunting, but will not allow hunters to take fish or wildlife that require a tag.

Dove Hunting Requirements

In addition to a hunting license, all wing shooters will need to purchase a game bird stamp. To hunt dove or teal in September, a Migratory Game Bird Stamp ($7) is required. Duck hunters also need to purchase a Federal Duck Stamp and receive Harvest Information Program certification. HIP certification involves a brief survey of previous year’s hunting success and is conducted at the time licenses are purchased. Certification will be printed on the license. Lifetime license holders must also be HIP-certified and purchase the Federal Duck Stamp to hunt migratory birds. All other state stamp endorsements are included with a lifetime license.

There are other mandatory endorsements to consider at the time of purchase, too. An Upland Game Bird Stamp ($7) is required to hunt all non-migratory game birds, including turkey, quail, pheasant, chachalaca and lesser prairie chicken.
Of course, anyone who purchases the Super Combo license package, $68, automatically gets these needed stamps. Sportsmen ages 65 and older qualify for a discounted Senior Super Combo for $32. Duck hunters will still need to purchase a Federal Duck Stamp.

Big Time Texas Hunts

Also available everywhere licenses are sold are chances for Big Time Texas Hunts. The Big Time Texas Hunts is a popular Department program that offers hunters the opportunity to enter to win one or more premium-guided hunts with food and lodging provided, as well as taxidermy in some cases. The crown jewel of the program is the Texas Grand Slam dream hunt package, which includes four separate hunts for Texas’ most prized big game animals — the desert bighorn sheep, white-tailed deer, mule deer and pronghorn. There are several quality whitetail hunt packages available, as well as opportunities to pursue alligator, waterfowl, upland game birds, and exotics such as sable and gemsbok.

Hunters can buy Big Time Texas Hunts entries online for just $9 each at www.tpwd.state(dot)tx(dot)us/buyentry or for $10 each at license retailers or by phone. There is no limit to the number of entries an individual may purchase and all proceeds benefit conservation, wildlife management and public hunting.

Lifetime License Drawing

Hunters and anglers can also take care of their licensing requirements for life with the purchase of an $1,800 Lifetime Super Combo, or you can enter for a chance at winning a lifetime license through a special drawing. Entries for the Lifetime License Drawing cost $5 each and may be purchased wherever licenses are sold. There is no limit on the number of entries that may be purchased. Winners will be drawn on Dec. 30, 2012 and June 30, 2013. If you enter by Dec. 27, 2012, you will be eligible for both drawings.

Mandatory Hunter Education Certification

Hunter Education Certification is also required of any hunter born on or after Sept. 2, 1971 and who is at least 17 years old. For hunters who are unable to work in a hunter education course before hunting season for whatever reason, TPWD does offer a deferral option that allows people 17 years of age or older a one-time only extension to complete the state’s hunter education requirements. The individual must first purchase a hunting license and then may purchase the deferral option #166.

Hunters using the deferral must be accompanied by someone 17 years old or older also licensed to hunt in Texas. The accompanying individual must have completed hunter education or be exempt from the requirements (born before Sept. 2, 1971). The extension is good for one license year, by which time the person with the deferred option needs to complete a hunter education course.
This option is not available to those who have ever received a conviction or deferred adjudication for lack of hunter education certification. They still must take the course before going afield.

For information concerning the latest regulations and articles on hunting and fishing in Texas, check out the 2012-2013 Outdoor Annual available at license retailers and online at txoutdoorannual.com. The Outdoor Annual can also be downloaded as a PDF.

Re: hunting license [Re: buckhunter10] #4592685 09/23/13 04:31 AM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Old Rabbit
Texas Resident Licenses

A RESIDENT is a person who has lived continuously in Texas for more than six months immediately before applying for a license. Members of the United States Armed Forces (and their dependents) on active duty anywhere are entitled to purchase a resident license, but the Texas Resident Active Duty “Super Combo” package is available to Texas residents only.

How long have you lived in Texas. Call (800) 792-1112 and ask them.
Originally Posted By: buckhunter10

I have not been here 6 months yet only about 2. I guess Ill just have to wait then. Thanks for the clarification. However. I am getting my Texas ID this week.

Looks like you are stuck with a non resident license if you haven't lived here 6 months.

[Linked Image]
Re: hunting license [Re: dogcatcher] #4592962 09/23/13 12:48 PM
G
gunslinger922 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
G
Welcome to Texas and some great hunting!

Re: hunting license [Re: gunslinger922] #4593171 09/23/13 02:11 PM
B
buckhunter10 Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
B
I am just going to nut up and buy a non res most likely unless I dont hunt at all this year which would be dumb on my part.

I always support ODNR, so I do not see a reason to not support TDNR. I am a firm believer in that, and by no means would try to trick a system. I was honestly just asking for answers, so I appreciate all you helped here.

I heard it costs like 350 bucks for a non res, but I will be going to some outdoor shops this week, to check some things out.

Re: hunting license [Re: buckhunter10] #4593235 09/23/13 02:28 PM
C
Closed Traverse Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
I am just going to nut up and buy a non res most likely unless I dont hunt at all this year which would be dumb on my part.

I always support ODNR, so I do not see a reason to not support TDNR. I am a firm believer in that, and by no means would try to trick a system. I was honestly just asking for answers, so I appreciate all you helped here.

I heard it costs like 350 bucks for a non res, but I will be going to some outdoor shops this week, to check some things out.

Well it is TPWD not DNR here.

Also, you are a better man than me... I would just walk into walmart and try to get my resident hunting license... but if you want to pay more to big brother, go ahead.

Re: hunting license [Re: Closed Traverse] #4593548 09/23/13 03:50 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Brandon A

Also, you are a better man than me... I would just walk into walmart and try to get my resident hunting license... but if you want to pay more to big brother, go ahead.

That could turn into a real expensive "mistake" if caught.

[Linked Image]
Re: hunting license [Re: dogcatcher] #4593615 09/23/13 04:05 PM
C
Closed Traverse Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C

kind of like deciding if you should buy insurance or not...

Re: hunting license [Re: Closed Traverse] #4593636 09/23/13 04:08 PM
S
sqiggy Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S

And we KNOW everybody has it too!!!

Re: hunting license [Re: Closed Traverse] #4593676 09/23/13 04:16 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

No, it is breaking the law.

[Linked Image]
Re: hunting license [Re: dogcatcher] #4593697 09/23/13 04:21 PM
B
buckhunter10 Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
B
Yea trust me I know I could probably get away with that but that doesnt seem right to me. I would feel guilty about breaking the law, also I dont like to do anything that makes me feel edgy.

Thanks for all the help .

Re: hunting license [Re: dogcatcher] #4593732 09/23/13 04:32 PM
C
Closed Traverse Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C

You are right, it is more like driving 5 or 10 over the speed limit...

Re: hunting license [Re: Closed Traverse] #4596304 09/24/13 11:22 AM
S
sqiggy Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S

You are right, it is more like driving 5 or 10 over the speed limit...
And we know yall don't do that,....................................right?????

Re: hunting license [Re: sqiggy] #4597568 09/24/13 07:38 PM
R
redseal Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
More like lying to someone's face which law or no law is wrong.

Re: hunting license [Re: redseal] #4597661 09/24/13 08:03 PM
B
banderapass1 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
B
Non-resident Licenses

Non-resident General Hunting
Type 105:$315
Valid to hunt any legal bird or animal (including deer). Stamp endorsement requirements apply.

Always Pray to have eyes that see the best in people,
a heart that forgives the worst,
a mind that forgets the bad,
and a Soul that never loses faith in God.

Texas Tech University,Alumni
Lubbock Christian University,Alumni

Re: hunting license [Re: buckhunter10] #4600582 09/25/13 05:08 PM
R
retfuz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Yea trust me I know I could probably get away with that but that doesnt seem right to me. I would feel guilty about breaking the law, also I dont like to do anything that makes me feel edgy.

Thanks for all the help .

Amen Bro. Why take a chance on a huge fine.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide