Forums46
Topics538,647
Posts9,739,503
Members87,100
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Men Legally Carrying Firearms Arrested at Texas Capitol 9/13/2013 – Troopers Not Aware of Gun Law Exemption (VIDEO) [Re: ntxtrapper] #4579546 09/18/13 08:07 PM
C
cdoan02 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: ntxtrapper
Originally Posted By: cdoan02
I can't even begin to address the lack of common sense in some of these posts...

But I will address one thing:
How is arresting a law-abiding citizen on completely trumped up charges related to investigating whether an open carrier is a threat?

It's not.

This very simple really. A bunch of wankers who thought they had a loophole in the penal code went to a public place with cap and ball revolvers in plain view. The Troopers who are tasked with keeping our elected officials safe, determined that there was probable cause to arrest the actors for disorderly conduct. The wankers should have done some more research about the "deadly weapon" aspect of the offense before they ruined thier lives. That is all, and I must say I am pleased with the outcome. I love the idea of every citizen who can legally carry a concealed handgun doing so, but the OCD folks are nerds who need to realize they are screwing it up for everyone else.

You condone sworn officers coming up with trumped up charges on a law abiding citizen in order to punish said citizen for doing something the officer personally disagreed with? And in addition to condoning it, you are pleased by it?

Wow.

Ntxtrapper, I give you credit for at least being honest and forthright about your views, no matter how utterly disgusting they may be.

While we're at it, be honest again... How did you feel when watching that video of the drunk, handcuffed girl sitting on the curb gets in the head? Did she get what she deserved? Just wondering.

Re: Men Legally Carrying Firearms Arrested at Texas Capitol 9/13/2013 – Troopers Not Aware of Gun Law Exemption (VIDEO) [Re: ntxtrapper] #4579576 09/18/13 08:13 PM
R
rob valle Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
One of those arrested was from San Antonio.....he gave an interview with KSAT 12 the other night.... I must say his decision to wear a hat with an upside down American flag did not help " the cause". It made him look like a nutcase. I too believe these OC guys will ruin it for everyone.

Rob Valle
www.hillcotaxidermy.com
Originally Posted by Texsun
The three things you need in life are a good doctor, lawyer and taxidermist.

Re: Men Legally Carrying Firearms Arrested at Texas Capitol 9/13/2013 – Troopers Not Aware of Gun Law Exemption (VIDEO) [Re: Closed Traverse] #4580091 09/18/13 11:17 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: Brandon A
Originally Posted By: Navasot
Id rather just live my life with my guns like I always have...never carried one around in public but do in my truck and im not against anyone that does... IF the time ever comes that someone wants to take my guns then I will put my rights to use for the exact reason we have them...gun in hand.

People doing things like this are wanting one thing... attention. and with todays media it will only cause nothing but problems

news flash... the time has come.... people want your guns... they have not been able to take very many yet, but make no mistake, their are people out their that would love to see you disarmed.

the local police don't......

Last edited by Concho; 09/18/13 11:17 PM.

Re: Men Legally Carrying Firearms Arrested at Texas Capitol 9/13/2013 – Troopers Not Aware of Gun Law Exemption (VIDEO) [Re: rob valle] #4580127 09/18/13 11:27 PM
J
Jangle Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
J
As said before I think this particular group wanted the 15 minutes of fame. The officers not knowing the law is a travesty. Those claiming that open carrying law abiding citizens deserve to be punished need to read the Constitution (keep and BEAR arms) and please back up something with facts? Sure everyone that commits a crime is open carrying right before it happens, but that is not the discussion.

NTX you render your statements illegitimate when you start acting juvenile calling people names, try being an adult. Clearly as someone who claims to be a LEO you are displaying the attitude consistently of the officers who were bullied as children and became officers to hide behind their badges and belittle people to make up for it. Open Carry folks don't have a problem with authority, officers that think it is ok to make up charges to be bullies are the ones with authority issues. Sadly I see it more and more each day.

"A competent leader can get efficient service from poor troops, while on the contrary an incapable leader can demoralize the best of troops."
-- Gen. John J. Pershing
Re: Men Legally Carrying Firearms Arrested at Texas Capitol 9/13/2013 – Troopers Not Aware of Gun Law Exemption (VIDEO) [Re: Jangle] #4580155 09/18/13 11:42 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: Jangle
As said before I think this particular group wanted the 15 minutes of fame. The officers not knowing the law is a travesty. Those claiming that open carrying law abiding citizens deserve to be punished need to read the Constitution (keep and BEAR arms) and please back up something with facts? Sure everyone that commits a crime is open carrying right before it happens, but that is not the discussion.

NTX you render your statements illegitimate when you start acting juvenile calling people names, try being an adult. Clearly as someone who claims to be a LEO you are displaying the attitude consistently of the officers who were bullied as children and became officers to hide behind their badges and belittle people to make up for it. Open Carry folks don't have a problem with authority, officers that think it is ok to make up charges to be bullies are the ones with authority issues. Sadly I see it more and more each day.

I will agree that is you get paid to enforce the law, you should know the law.......

Re: Men Legally Carrying Firearms Arrested at Texas Capitol 9/13/2013 – Troopers Not Aware of Gun Law Exemption (VIDEO) [Re: Concho] #4580233 09/19/13 12:10 AM
J
Jangle Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
J
Originally Posted By: Concho

I will agree that is you get paid to enforce the law, you should know the law.......

Something the Army taught me.

Competence is my watchword...

Start of the second paragraph of the NCO creed. Should apply to anyone that carries a firearm for any reason.

Here is my quiz item. The National Firearms Act of 1934 which stopped private ownership of automatics and silencers as well in the updated 1968 version was based on what?
Anyone know what happen in Chicago (go figure...) in 1929 that spurred the controls?
Mobsters Capone and Moran were involved, five members of North Side gang and two others were marched into a garage and executed. Short barrel shotguns were used and the first thing to ban because they have no purpose in a militia.

Gun control hasn't changed, use the acts of criminals to disarm those law abiding citizens. Further restricting the people from being capable of protecting themselves from criminals and tyrants.

"A competent leader can get efficient service from poor troops, while on the contrary an incapable leader can demoralize the best of troops."
-- Gen. John J. Pershing
Re: Men Legally Carrying Firearms Arrested at Texas Capitol 9/13/2013 – Troopers Not Aware of Gun Law Exemption (VIDEO) [Re: ntxtrapper] #4581167 09/19/13 04:54 AM
T
target1911 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Today Starbucks has told the OCD's to stay away too. Just a sample of what is to come if people don't use common sense when carrying a firearm in public.

And again you spew non facts..... read entire report. Not just what was told to you on the evening news.

They were not told to stay away. They were ASKED to not OC in there out of consideration for the ones that get nervous. They also said they would still serve EVERYONE that walked through the door

"A good life is never too short"
My Dad
Re: Men Legally Carrying Firearms Arrested at Texas Capitol 9/13/2013 – Troopers Not Aware of Gun Law Exemption (VIDEO) [Re: target1911] #4581230 09/19/13 06:02 AM
T
target1911 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Starbucks Statement by CEO

That wasn't hard. Actually it was easier than posting false liberal claims.

My Dad
Re: Men Legally Carrying Firearms Arrested at Texas Capitol 9/13/2013 – Troopers Not Aware of Gun Law Exemption (VIDEO) [Re: target1911] #4581519 09/19/13 12:36 PM
G
gtrich94 Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
G
In the statement and in followup interviews on TV, he bends himself into a pretzel trying to say they aren't banning guns. However, he also made it very clear that unless you are military or police, they don't want any guns in the store; CC or OC. He clarified the CC part in an interview with Neil Cavuto on Fox yesterday afternoon. Neil pressed him on the CC part and that's when he said they don't want any guns, even concealed guns in the store.

So no, they aren't banning guns and at this point, they don't sound like they are about to go put up 30.06 or other gun buster signs. However, they also don't want them in their store either.

Thanks,
Rich
Re: Men Legally Carrying Firearms Arrested at Texas Capitol 9/13/2013 – Troopers Not Aware of Gun Law Exemption (VIDEO) [Re: gtrich94] #4581570 09/19/13 12:58 PM
J
Jasb Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted By: gtrich94
In the statement and in followup interviews on TV, he bends himself into a pretzel trying to say they aren't banning guns. However, he also made it very clear that unless you are military or police, they don't want any guns in the store; CC or OC. He clarified the CC part in an interview with Neil Cavuto on Fox yesterday afternoon. Neil pressed him on the CC part and that's when he said they don't want any guns, even concealed guns in the store.

So no, they aren't banning guns and at this point, they don't sound like they are about to go put up 30.06 or other gun buster signs. However, they also don't want them in their store either.
They have banned all guns at Cowboys games. In fact off duty cops are not allowed in with a gun. I have yet to see any outrage.

Re: Men Legally Carrying Firearms Arrested at Texas Capitol 9/13/2013 – Troopers Not Aware of Gun Law Exemption (VIDEO) [Re: Jasb] #4581580 09/19/13 01:04 PM
C
cdoan02 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: Jasb

They have banned all guns at Cowboys games. In fact off duty cops are not allowed in with a gun. I have yet to see any outrage.

I'm outraged about the final play against the Chiefs. I mean, seriously?

Re: Men Legally Carrying Firearms Arrested at Texas Capitol 9/13/2013 – Troopers Not Aware of Gun Law Exemption (VIDEO) [Re: Jasb] #4581585 09/19/13 01:05 PM
B
Beretta Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B

Or purses...

Originally Posted By: Jeff Elder
Two kinds of people vote democrat. Rich people that don't have to work, and poor people who don't want to work.
Re: Men Legally Carrying Firearms Arrested at Texas Capitol 9/13/2013 – Troopers Not Aware of Gun Law Exemption (VIDEO) [Re: cdoan02] #4582217 09/19/13 04:13 PM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
I can't even begin to address the lack of common sense in some of these posts...

But I will address one thing:
How is arresting a law-abiding citizen on completely trumped up charges related to investigating whether an open carrier is a threat?

It's not.

This very simple really. A bunch of wankers who thought they had a loophole in the penal code went to a public place with cap and ball revolvers in plain view. The Troopers who are tasked with keeping our elected officials safe, determined that there was probable cause to arrest the actors for disorderly conduct. The wankers should have done some more research about the "deadly weapon" aspect of the offense before they ruined thier lives. That is all, and I must say I am pleased with the outcome. I love the idea of every citizen who can legally carry a concealed handgun doing so, but the OCD folks are nerds who need to realize they are screwing it up for everyone else.

You condone sworn officers coming up with trumped up charges on a law abiding citizen in order to punish said citizen for doing something the officer personally disagreed with? And in addition to condoning it, you are pleased by it?

Wow.

Ntxtrapper, I give you credit for at least being honest and forthright about your views, no matter how utterly disgusting they may be.

While we're at it, be honest again... How did you feel when watching that video of the drunk, handcuffed girl sitting on the curb gets in the head? Did she get what she deserved? Just wondering.

What you call trumped up turned out to be probable cause to a Judge, based the the probable cause determination that I read. As for a drunk handcuffed girl getting hit...I have no idea what your talking about...but I bet it would not have taken place if she was not drunk. Duh.

Re: Men Legally Carrying Firearms Arrested at Texas Capitol 9/13/2013 – Troopers Not Aware of Gun Law Exemption (VIDEO) [Re: Jangle] #4582251 09/19/13 04:25 PM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N

I did not name the Open Carry folks Douchebags. A girl about 14 years old did several months ago in the stockyards. I was at an intersection standing next to her and her family when a rag tag group of misfits with rifles and shotguns walked by. She watched them walk by and simply stated "Douchbags". Sorry but it was the most accurate description of any group of people I have ever heard. In one word she described what hundreds of other people were thinking. Priceless.

Re: Men Legally Carrying Firearms Arrested at Texas Capitol 9/13/2013 – Troopers Not Aware of Gun Law Exemption (VIDEO) [Re: ntxtrapper] #4583624 09/19/13 11:17 PM
T
target1911 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T

I did not name the Open Carry folks Douchebags. A girl about 14 years old did several months ago in the stockyards. I was at an intersection standing next to her and her family when a rag tag group of misfits with rifles and shotguns walked by. She watched them walk by and simply stated "Douchbags". Sorry but it was the most accurate description of any group of people I have ever heard. In one word she described what hundreds of other people were thinking. Priceless.

so you, being a grown man, will stoop down to the level of a mis-informed 14yo girl (possibly with a left leaning family)?
THAT my friend is PRICELESS

My Dad
Re: Men Legally Carrying Firearms Arrested at Texas Capitol 9/13/2013 – Troopers Not Aware of Gun Law Exemption (VIDEO) [Re: target1911] #4583649 09/19/13 11:28 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: target1911

so you, being a grown man, will stoop down to the level of a mis-informed 14yo girl (possibly with a left leaning family)?

How do you know that she was "mis-informed" as you say......she may well think like most of society......left leaning? What the heck is that, you don't like an answer so someone is left leaning that has a different opinion? Don't act stupid in public and you won't have a problem, if you do, well you brought it on yourself.

Re: Men Legally Carrying Firearms Arrested at Texas Capitol 9/13/2013 – Troopers Not Aware of Gun Law Exemption (VIDEO) [Re: target1911] #4584308 09/20/13 02:27 AM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: target1911

In less than 24 hours I could round up a group of "law biding individuals" and have them walk up to your door and you would crap if they did. It all about perspective, what you perceive these people are capable of doing. Not an issue of the 2ND Amendment Rights but what could happen if they are armed.

You are young, you know everything, one day you will realize that knowing everything and being right is usually nothing but bs.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Men Legally Carrying Firearms Arrested at Texas Capitol 9/13/2013 – Troopers Not Aware of Gun Law Exemption (VIDEO) [Re: Jasb] #4584946 09/20/13 11:51 AM
C
cyphertext Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C

Source please? I don't believe Jerry has the power to tell a certified peace officer that they can not carry in the stadium.

Re: Men Legally Carrying Firearms Arrested at Texas Capitol 9/13/2013 – Troopers Not Aware of Gun Law Exemption (VIDEO) [Re: cyphertext] #4584979 09/20/13 12:12 PM
J
Jasb Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted By: cyphertext

Source please? I don't believe Jerry has the power to tell a certified peace officer that they can not carry in the stadium.
http://forums.officer.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-153014.html

And the fact that I had to walk my arse back to the truck with mine when I took my nephew. FACT

Re: Men Legally Carrying Firearms Arrested at Texas Capitol 9/13/2013 – Troopers Not Aware of Gun Law Exemption (VIDEO) [Re: Jasb] #4585110 09/20/13 12:58 PM
C
cyphertext Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C

And the fact that I had to walk my arse back to the truck with mine when I took my nephew. FACT

Wow, I had no idea. I assumed that as a certified peace officer, you could carry, no matter if "off duty".

Re: Men Legally Carrying Firearms Arrested at Texas Capitol 9/13/2013 – Troopers Not Aware of Gun Law Exemption (VIDEO) [Re: cyphertext] #4585127 09/20/13 01:00 PM
J
Jasb Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J

Wow, I had no idea. I assumed that as a certified peace officer, you could carry, no matter if "off duty".
Kinda thought that too. Guess the NFL is anti gun as well. But that wont keep one outraged person from going or watching. I'll never go back...

Re: Men Legally Carrying Firearms Arrested at Texas Capitol 9/13/2013 – Troopers Not Aware of Gun Law Exemption (VIDEO) [Re: Jasb] #4586338 09/20/13 06:09 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

Kinda thought that too. Guess the NFL is anti gun as well. But that wont keep one outraged person from going or watching. I'll never go back...

Never been, never will go!

[Linked Image]
Re: Men Legally Carrying Firearms Arrested at Texas Capitol 9/13/2013 – Troopers Not Aware of Gun Law Exemption (VIDEO) [Re: dogcatcher] #4637703 10/07/13 05:10 PM
C
camartin Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
C
I am really torn over the OC stuff going on right now, probably because I live in Texas. On one hand we don't have a state legislature that is trampling our rights here and on the other hand I see other state's legislatures and of course our federal legislature succeeding in infringing on 2A rights. Here, the legislature said if a school district wants to allow its teachers to carry its cool with them and in other places, like Colorado, state law forbids it. My point is here we don't really have a problem so why are people going out of there way to OC and on the other hand it is their right and choice to do so , so LEO should not be allowed to arrest them when they do. If LEO did what they were supposed to do and check out the situation when someone called scared about OC sighting, determined the lawfulness and moved on it wouldn't get sensationalized and then someone maybe wouldn't grab their rifle and go for a walk downtown. I think both sides are creating the situation with all the sensationalism.

Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself.
Mark Twain
Re: Men Legally Carrying Firearms Arrested at Texas Capitol 9/13/2013 – Troopers Not Aware of Gun Law Exemption (VIDEO) [Re: camartin] #4637913 10/07/13 06:17 PM
R
Ron H Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
I thought perry was running the state, when he's here. Isn't this a training issue that the troopers need to be aware of?

Re: Men Legally Carrying Firearms Arrested at Texas Capitol 9/13/2013 – Troopers Not Aware of Gun Law Exemption (VIDEO) [Re: Ron H] #4637980 10/07/13 06:39 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Ron H
I thought perry was running the state, when he's here, he is at the beauty shop getting his hair fixed. Isn't this a training issue that the troopers need to be aware of?

Fix it for you. up

[Linked Image]
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide