Forums46
Topics538,306
Posts9,735,598
Members87,078
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Open Carry Texas is in Dallas and Arlington this Weekend. [Re: Concho] #4563274 09/13/13 01:36 AM
C
cory_cooper Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
I believe a majority of Americans also voted for Obama, not once but twice, for the office of President of these the United States, so pardon me if I give less than a rats posterior what a majority of people think.

Re: Open Carry Texas is in Dallas and Arlington this Weekend. [Re: Concho] #4563344 09/13/13 01:53 AM
C
cdoan02 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: Concho
Reading your many posts, I do certainly disagree.....

No doubt. You obviously have a low opinion of me. You can be as rude and insulting as you'd like. I don't mind.

Re: Open Carry Texas is in Dallas and Arlington this Weekend. [Re: Concho] #4563384 09/13/13 02:06 AM
C
cdoan02 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: cdoan02
Probably just has some real life experience and enough knowledge/intelligence to know that people sometimes make stupid decisions. I don't have to be an elitist to know that I don't want every Joe Smoe walking around with an AK-47 in public. When we get enough people expressing themselves by walking around with Ak's of AR's, we will get a new law that says you can't do that very thing.

Well, although you may disagree, I also have real life experience, and intelligence. And the majority of time I hear police speak against open carry, or armed citizens in general, it comes down to one thing: personal preservation. Police are inconvenienced, and, in their minds, put into more dangerous situations because of open carriers.

Now, I am all for helping make the police's job easier and safer, but not at the expense of citizens' rights. A LAW-ABIDING citizen shouldn't need to walk on eggshells to please a cop; a cop should walk on eggshells to please a LAW-ABIDING citizen.

Which is the opposite of how reality is. Which is why I get down on bended knee and treat any and all officers like they are my lord commander. But I certainly have no problem with, and even encourage, LAW-ABIDING citizens that openly stand up to oppression.

Tell me how we know law abiding from a serial murderer if we don't stop them and investigate? Are you saying that as long as they aren't committing a crime at that very moment, then law enforcement shouldn't be concerned......I don't believe the majority of Americans would agree with you.

I certainly wouldn't want you to have to use common sense. I, on the other hand, do.

Please tell me when any American citizen has ever open carried a rifle into a place where it was legal to open carry, and then murdered anyone. Ever.

I most certainly would have absolutely no issue with an officer checking me out if I was open carrying. Anytime I get pulled over, I immediately inform the officer that I am armed. I would give an officer permission to disarm me. But I'm a nice, polite, considerate individual, something you're apparently not versed in dealing with.

However, if someone is open carrying, and chooses to exercise his right to tell an officer it's none of his business, I support the carrier's right to do so.

At the point an individual carrying a rifle invokes his rights on a questioning officer, as we've seen dozens of times in these videos, it is completely obvious that the open carrier is coherent, sane, and not a danger to anyone's physical well being. At that point it becomes an officer and a citizen having a pissing match. And for the officer to win, which they often do, the officer abuses his power. That is what I have a problem with.

Do I think people should be rude a-holes to each other? No. But a citizen has the God-given right to tell an officer to get out of his business. An officer has no right to bully the citizen in return.

It has nothing to do with public safety, and everything to do with ego. These cops arresting open carriers are simply upset that the citizens aren't obeying them. The cops need to get over it. They are in the WRONG. Plain and simple.

As for you talking about the open carriers ruining it for everyone, if police wouldn't make such a huge deal about open carriers like they are doing something wrong, jacknut scared citizens would start to get used to guns being around.

As for your, what if its a serial murderer? Are you serious? What predator goes hunting armed citizens? They don't. They prey on weak, unarmed people. Children in schools, even.

But go ahead and insult me because I don't share your belief in police having authority over everyone.

Last edited by cdoan02; 09/13/13 02:12 AM.
Re: Open Carry Texas is in Dallas and Arlington this Weekend. [Re: cdoan02] #4563397 09/13/13 02:10 AM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Reading your many posts, I do certainly disagree.....

No doubt. You obviously have a low opinion of me. You can be as rude and insulting as you'd like. I don't mind.

I'm not being rude or insulting, I'm just making the point that you and I are apparently total opposites when it come to this subject.

Re: Open Carry Texas is in Dallas and Arlington this Weekend. [Re: cory_cooper] #4563430 09/13/13 02:17 AM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: cory_cooper
I believe a majority of Americans also voted for Obama, not once but twice, for the office of President of these the United States, so pardon me if I give less than a rats posterior what a majority of people think.

They did and they will be the same ones voting in the next election. We have to be smart to keep our rights when a majority of the country has decided that the Constitution is an aging document with little value......The majority will most likely get their way in the end and we will be left holding the bag because we were foolish. Every time someone goes out in public with a gun and acts foolish, it adds to the liberals ammo supply. Don't take my word for it, read a little history, the past is an excellent insight into the future.

Re: Open Carry Texas is in Dallas and Arlington this Weekend. [Re: cdoan02] #4563524 09/13/13 02:42 AM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Probably just has some real life experience and enough knowledge/intelligence to know that people sometimes make stupid decisions. I don't have to be an elitist to know that I don't want every Joe Smoe walking around with an AK-47 in public. When we get enough people expressing themselves by walking around with Ak's of AR's, we will get a new law that says you can't do that very thing.

Well, although you may disagree, I also have real life experience, and intelligence. And the majority of time I hear police speak against open carry, or armed citizens in general, it comes down to one thing: personal preservation. Police are inconvenienced, and, in their minds, put into more dangerous situations because of open carriers.

Now, I am all for helping make the police's job easier and safer, but not at the expense of citizens' rights. A LAW-ABIDING citizen shouldn't need to walk on eggshells to please a cop; a cop should walk on eggshells to please a LAW-ABIDING citizen.

Which is the opposite of how reality is. Which is why I get down on bended knee and treat any and all officers like they are my lord commander. But I certainly have no problem with, and even encourage, LAW-ABIDING citizens that openly stand up to oppression.

Tell me how we know law abiding from a serial murderer if we don't stop them and investigate? Are you saying that as long as they aren't committing a crime at that very moment, then law enforcement shouldn't be concerned......I don't believe the majority of Americans would agree with you.

I certainly wouldn't want you to have to use common sense. I, on the other hand, do.

Please tell me when any American citizen has ever open carried a rifle into a place where it was legal to open carry, and then murdered anyone. Ever.

I most certainly would have absolutely no issue with an officer checking me out if I was open carrying. Anytime I get pulled over, I immediately inform the officer that I am armed. I would give an officer permission to disarm me. But I'm a nice, polite, considerate individual, something you're apparently not versed in dealing with.

However, if someone is open carrying, and chooses to exercise his right to tell an officer it's none of his business, I support the carrier's right to do so.

At the point an individual carrying a rifle invokes his rights on a questioning officer, as we've seen dozens of times in these videos, it is completely obvious that the open carrier is coherent, sane, and not a danger to anyone's physical well being. At that point it becomes an officer and a citizen having a pissing match. And for the officer to win, which they often do, the officer abuses his power. That is what I have a problem with.

Do I think people should be rude a-holes to each other? No. But a citizen has the God-given right to tell an officer to get out of his business. An officer has no right to bully the citizen in return.

It has nothing to do with public safety, and everything to do with ego. These cops arresting open carriers are simply upset that the citizens aren't obeying them. The cops need to get over it. They are in the WRONG. Plain and simple.

As for you talking about the open carriers ruining it for everyone, if police wouldn't make such a huge deal about open carriers like they are doing something wrong, jacknut scared citizens would start to get used to guns being around.

As for your, what if its a serial murderer? Are you serious? What predator goes hunting armed citizens? They don't. They prey on weak, unarmed people. Children in schools, even.

But go ahead and insult me because I don't share your belief in police having authority over everyone.

Charles Whitman 1966.......Lee Harvey Oswald 1963......

Last edited by Concho; 09/13/13 02:47 AM.

Re: Open Carry Texas is in Dallas and Arlington this Weekend. [Re: Concho] #4563545 09/13/13 02:47 AM
C
cory_cooper Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C

They did and they will be the same ones voting in the next election. We have to be smart to keep our rights when a majority of the country has decided that the Constitution is an aging document with little value......The majority will most likely get their way in the end and we will be left holding the bag because we were foolish. Every time someone goes out in public with a gun and acts foolish, it adds to the liberals ammo supply. Don't take my word for it, read a little history, the past is an excellent insight into the future.

that is a "straw man" argument if I have ever heard one

Re: Open Carry Texas is in Dallas and Arlington this Weekend. [Re: cory_cooper] #4563554 09/13/13 02:50 AM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C

that is a "straw man" argument if I have ever heard one

Ok, guess we'll just have to wait and see.....

Re: Open Carry Texas is in Dallas and Arlington this Weekend. [Re: Concho] #4563953 09/13/13 05:01 AM
C
cdoan02 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C

Charles Whitman 1966.......Lee Harvey Oswald 1963......

Now, both of those are from before my time... But, as far as I know, Charles Whitman snuck his weapons into the tower by concealing them in a footlocker, and pretending it was equipment he was delivering. A couple saw him with the rifle upstairs, but thought he was shooting pigeons. He had already murdered someone, and there was a blood puddle on the floor. The rifle needn't have alarmed those people, but perhaps the blood on the floor should have. As I was not alive when this happened, and I base my knowledge off of articles I've read, I may be wrong. Please enlighten me if so.

I'm not sure about Lee Harvey Oswald, but I've not read or heard anything about anyone witnessing him walking around with a rifle. I most certainly could be wrong on him, and would ask you to clarify if I am.

Or try again. I don't know that I'm right, all I know is I can't think of any open carriers that murdered people. The 2 you named don't appear to fit the description. But my real life experience, knowledge, and intelligence might simply be too inadequate for the task at hand.

As for you talking about investigating, I already stated I have no problem with that. But if a cop walks up on multiple people open carrying, and their response is that they are exercising their 2nd amendment right, and they get arrested for disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, or whatever BS charge the officer decides to pull out, the officer is not acting in protection of the public from a possible serial killer. They are winning a pissing match by abusing their power.

Re: Open Carry Texas is in Dallas and Arlington this Weekend. [Re: Concho] #4563963 09/13/13 05:15 AM
C
cdoan02 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
Please show me a Texas Police Officer that is against law abiding citizens having and carrying guns......I think you will come up empty handed on that one.

Wrong question. Show me one Texas Police Officer that is against people having and carrying guns, EXCEPT where he expressly approves it to be ok? Concho! I think I, as well as every other citizen, should be allowed to own and carry any gun the police can carry, anywhere the police can carry. Because I believe police are fellow citizens, and citizens are all equal. And in my inexperienced, unintelligent, unknowledgeable opinion, equal citizens are not supposed to have different sets of laws applied to them.

Re: Open Carry Texas is in Dallas and Arlington this Weekend. [Re: cdoan02] #4564008 09/13/13 09:55 AM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Please show me a Texas Police Officer that is against law abiding citizens having and carrying guns......I think you will come up empty handed on that one.

Wrong question. Show me one Texas Police Officer that is against people having and carrying guns, EXCEPT where he expressly approves it to be ok? Concho! I think I, as well as every other citizen, should be allowed to own and carry any gun the police can carry, anywhere the police can carry. Because I believe police are fellow citizens, and citizens are all equal. And in my inexperienced, unintelligent, unknowledgeable opinion, equal citizens are not supposed to have different sets of laws applied to them.

Ok, you can continue to throw out the unintelligent insinuations all you want, disagreeing with each other doesn't make either of us unintelligent.......I totally disagree with your point of view on this subject matter but you have every right to have that view/opinion. The thing with most of these folks parading around with their little AR's or AK's is that they not only do so, but give advanced notice so as to be sure to get a police response........Anyone with any intelligence can see the motive and agenda here.......

Last edited by Concho; 09/13/13 09:56 AM.

Re: Open Carry Texas is in Dallas and Arlington this Weekend. [Re: Concho] #4564034 09/13/13 10:47 AM
B
Beretta Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B

Ok, you can continue to throw out the unintelligent insinuations all you want, disagreeing with each other doesn't make either of us unintelligent.......I totally disagree with your point of view on this subject matter but you have every right to have that view/opinion. The thing with most of these folks parading around with their little AR's or AK's is that they not only do so, but give advanced notice so as to be sure to get a police response........Anyone with any intelligence can see the motive and agenda here.......

According to LEO that would be the right thing to do is inform them that you are open carry.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6LRteKrvRWc

Originally Posted By: Jeff Elder
Two kinds of people vote democrat. Rich people that don't have to work, and poor people who don't want to work.
Re: Open Carry Texas is in Dallas and Arlington this Weekend. [Re: Concho] #4564190 09/13/13 12:41 PM
C
cdoan02 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C

Are you talking about my motive? Open carry demonstrators motive? Or your motive?

And please get back to me on the open carrying serial killers. You say I post unintelligent insinuations. You either tried to trick me into thinking those killers open carried, or you didn't even bother to fact check your emotional response. Hook a brother up with some knowledge, please. Because I am lacking the knowledge of the open carry serial killers.

And our opinions definitely differ. Nothing wrong with that. But I have an issue with your reasoning for your opinion, as it appears to be emotional rather than fact based. Please provide facts to back up your statement about not wanting to have open carrying due to the public safety.

"It's for the children" does nothing for me.

Last edited by cdoan02; 09/13/13 12:48 PM.
Re: Open Carry Texas is in Dallas and Arlington this Weekend. [Re: cdoan02] #4564464 09/13/13 02:20 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
With your holier than thou opinions you have irritated people that own guns and respect the 2ND Amendment, how do you think that will go over with the people that don't? Gun owners are a minority, if push comes to shove you will lose. up

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Open Carry Texas is in Dallas and Arlington this Weekend. [Re: cdoan02] #4564540 09/13/13 02:51 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
cdoan, the serial killer was just an example of what an open carry person could be......he could be a thief, molester, bank robber, check forger, or a law abiding citizen......my point is how would someone tell what, if any criminal background an open carry person has unless you check. I fully understand that if the person doesn't want to speak with the officer and be cooperative, and he isn't violating the law, then there is not really anything the officer can do but watch. There in lies the problem, spending taxpayer money for an officer to watch a silly stunt.......

Re: Open Carry Texas is in Dallas and Arlington this Weekend. [Re: cdoan02] #4564552 09/13/13 02:56 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C

Are you talking about my motive? Open carry demonstrators motive? Or your motive?

And please get back to me on the open carrying serial killers. You say I post unintelligent insinuations. You either tried to trick me into thinking those killers open carried, or you didn't even bother to fact check your emotional response. Hook a brother up with some knowledge, please. Because I am lacking the knowledge of the open carry serial killers.

And our opinions definitely differ. Nothing wrong with that. But I have an issue with your reasoning for your opinion, as it appears to be emotional rather than fact based. Please provide facts to back up your statement about not wanting to have open carrying due to the public safety.

Hey at this point I couldn't care less what you or your open carry buddies do, the entire thing has been exposed as a big joke, one that could have consequences if someone makes the wrong assumption. These open carry guys remind me of the kids that would stand across the street and smoke cigarettes when I was in high school.....daring the vice principal to confront them.......children.

Re: Open Carry Texas is in Dallas and Arlington this Weekend. [Re: Beretta] #4564562 09/13/13 03:00 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: BerettaOnyx686

According to LEO that would be the right thing to do is inform them that you are open carry.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6LRteKrvRWc

I would think a person could look at someone carrying a rifle around town and know they were open carrying......It's like standing on the street corner yelling "My Daddy is better than your Daddy!"

Re: Open Carry Texas is in Dallas and Arlington this Weekend. [Re: Concho] #4564769 09/13/13 04:06 PM
B
Beretta Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6LRteKrvRWc [/quote]

I would think a person could look at someone carrying a rifle around town and know they were open carrying......It's like standing on the street corner yelling "My Daddy is better than your Daddy!"[/quote]

I don't understand your reply, you said that they were trying to get a rise out of police so they were calling ahead and informing the police of what they were doing, so I posted a video of the police saying that that was in fact what is respectful and encouraged. So I don't understand your "my dad is better than your dad" comment.

Originally Posted By: Jeff Elder
Two kinds of people vote democrat. Rich people that don't have to work, and poor people who don't want to work.
Re: Open Carry Texas is in Dallas and Arlington this Weekend. [Re: dogcatcher] #4564965 09/13/13 05:17 PM
C
cdoan02 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: dogcatcher
With your holier than thou opinions you have irritated people that own guns and respect the 2ND Amendment, how do you think that will go over with the people that don't? Gun owners are a minority, if push comes to shove you will lose. up

Oh, I'm sorry... Is it a "holier than thou" attitude to believe I should have the same rights as fellow citizens, including police? I thought it was "holier than thou" attitude for a citizen to set different standards and rules for me, due to the fact they are "more experienced, intelligent, and knowledgeable."

Thanks for setting me straight! Now I know that by not agreeing that certain citizens are above the rules set in place for me, I am expressing a "holier than thou" attitude.

I apologize profusely for believing that I am smart enough to make my own decisions. Thank you!

Re: Open Carry Texas is in Dallas and Arlington this Weekend. [Re: Concho] #4564976 09/13/13 05:21 PM
C
cdoan02 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C

Hey at this point I couldn't care less what you or your open carry buddies do, the entire thing has been exposed as a big joke, one that could have consequences if someone makes the wrong assumption. These open carry guys remind me of the kids that would stand across the street and smoke cigarettes when I was in high school.....daring the vice principal to confront them.......children.

Maybe you should stop viewing responsible, law-abiding adults as children that you need watch over.

And it's obvious you look at open carry demonstrators as a joke. I personally take bully cops abusing their powers to punish law-abiding citizens as a very serious matter.

Last edited by cdoan02; 09/13/13 05:23 PM.
Re: Open Carry Texas is in Dallas and Arlington this Weekend. [Re: Concho] #4564988 09/13/13 05:25 PM
C
cdoan02 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
cdoan, the serial killer was just an example of what an open carry person could be......he could be a thief, molester, bank robber, check forger, or a law abiding citizen......my point is how would someone tell what, if any criminal background an open carry person has unless you check. I fully understand that if the person doesn't want to speak with the officer and be cooperative, and he isn't violating the law, then there is not really anything the officer can do but watch. There in lies the problem, spending taxpayer money for an officer to watch a silly stunt.......

YOU are the one that said they could be a serial killer. Keep throwing out emotional hyperbole. I am only interested in facts.

Since you used a serial killer example as a legitimate reason why police should be harassing law-abiding citizens, I simply asked for ONE example.

Screw facts, though, just throw out some more BS.

I can agree with you on one thing: having officers dealing with non-issues is definitely a waste of money. Your solution is to arrest the open carry guy on a BS charge? That is a viable expense in your mind?

Last edited by cdoan02; 09/13/13 05:31 PM.
Re: Open Carry Texas is in Dallas and Arlington this Weekend. [Re: cdoan02] #4564993 09/13/13 05:27 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C

Maybe you should stop viewing responsible, law-abiding adults as children that you need watch over.

And it's obvious you look at open carry demonstrators as a joke. I personally take bully cops abusing their powers to punish law-abiding citizens as a very serious matter.

I've never abused anyone so I wouldn't have a clue what you are talking about, never witnessed any officer I have known abusing citizens rights, maybe the abuse is something you dreamed up.......or maybe like the open carry folks you are just looking for a reason to yell "Look at Me!"

Re: Open Carry Texas is in Dallas and Arlington this Weekend. [Re: cdoan02] #4565001 09/13/13 05:32 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C

YOU are the one that said they could be a serial killer. Keep throwing out emotional hyperbole. I am only interested in facts.

Since you used a serial killer example as a legitimate reason why police should be harassing law-abiding citizens, I simply asked for ONE example.

If police are questioning people that are walking around with rifles in public, it is because they are paid to protect the public, if for some reason you do not understand or refuse to understand the plain facts of living in a society, I can't help that.......like I said, wait a few months and there will most likely be a law to address the issue........

Re: Open Carry Texas is in Dallas and Arlington this Weekend. [Re: Concho] #4565003 09/13/13 05:32 PM
C
cdoan02 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C

I've never abused anyone so I wouldn't have a clue what you are talking about, never witnessed any officer I have known abusing citizens rights, maybe the abuse is something you dreamed up.......or maybe like the open carry folks you are just looking for a reason to yell "Look at Me!"

I didn't say you abused anyone... However, you have definitely defended officers that did, and judged the citizen being abused.

Re: Open Carry Texas is in Dallas and Arlington this Weekend. [Re: Concho] #4565014 09/13/13 05:36 PM
C
cdoan02 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C

If police are questioning people that are walking around with rifles in public, it is because they are paid to protect the public, if for some reason you do not understand or refuse to understand the plain facts of living in a society, I can't help that.......like I said, wait a few months and there will most likely be a law to address the issue........

Keep talking in circles. I have repeatedly said I understand and agree with an officer investigating. I disagree with an officer taking that investigation and turning it into a pissing match. I say the police should use their common sense to recognize that the carrier may be a douchebag, but isn't a threat. You say that the officer has a right to arrest them on BS charges, in case they are a "serial killer". I say it has nothing to do with concern for public safety, but is instead about that officers pride and ego in being inconvenienced and insulted.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide