Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Got shot at today-need Leo process help. #4532314 09/02/13 04:58 PM
B
brazosboyt Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
B
My place is 20 acres in the city limits. Took wardens out last week and got all clear on the layout. There's three mobile homes on one corner-one of which I bought the land from.

They knew we were gonna be hunting and had no problem sun eve. This morning we waited till 7:30 to start shooting. We put the 4 shooters in the 4 spots that the warden ok'd due to shot trajectory.

9 am today and a guy comes out of the middle mobile home, walks up to the fence, and dumps two clips into the middle of the field. Nothing like watching dust puff around you. My buddy was the closest at about 300'

Id'd the shooter based on clothes, height, hair color. Police called, shooter runs back out and collects the brass, right as the police show up he jumps into his car and takes off, police pursue, pull him over, and detain him.

He had also gone inside and changed shirts.

Basically all people in the mobile mansion say " nope-no shooting here".

Despite our multiple witnesses we were told sorry , can't do anything.

Officer then advises me to open carry a pistol if we go back out to hunt again- WTF!

My question is where do I start on tues? DA? Police chief?

His mother that I bought the land from was standing there saying that nobody had shot. She is a paralegal for the biggest attorney in town.

Tues am I'm walking into that office with my kids and confronting her. I want her to see the faces of the children that her POS mohawk/tatted(and yes I'm judging him based on his looks) punk kid shot at.

I want this son of a in jail before he kills somebody.

Re: Got shot at today-need Leo process help. [Re: brazosboyt] #4532399 09/02/13 05:28 PM
C
cactusflyr Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
C
Man, tough call, your land, legal to hunt on, not worth dying over. You have a video camera???

Re: Got shot at today-need Leo process help. [Re: cactusflyr] #4532410 09/02/13 05:36 PM
A
Anytimeoutdoors1 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
A
Set up a trail cameras. We're they can see them in plain view post sighns that say property protected by video surveillance. May help video doesn't lie. But the last post is write not worth dieng over. Tough luck.

"Anytime outdoors"
Guide Service
Slingin Hooks or slingin Arrows
anytimeoutdoors@gmail.com
Re: Got shot at today-need Leo process help. [Re: Anytimeoutdoors1] #4532420 09/02/13 05:39 PM
HOF Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Take it up the ladder. Supervisor, Chief, DA, Mayor.

Searching the world over for the perfect Chile Relleno.
Re: Got shot at today-need Leo process help. [Re: cactusflyr] #4532438 09/02/13 05:45 PM
W
wcbillcollector Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
W
You have every right to protect you and your KIDS on your property. Sounds like he doesn't have much sense...so if you do carry you better be ready to use it....personally I'd have a 270 waiting on him. The first shot would take his satellite dish off his ratty trailer as a warning, the next would be in his #%¥....if he was still shooting. No doubt it would be a difficult decision to make, and hard to live with, but imagine one of your kids taking a stray bullet because of his stupidity. When it comes to property, that can be replaced, but put my children in harms way and I would drop him where he stands. No questions asked....period.

T

Last edited by wcbillcollector; 09/02/13 05:58 PM.

Re: Got shot at today-need Leo process help. [Re: wcbillcollector] #4532450 09/02/13 05:52 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I'm at a loss for words for the first time in awhile. It seems that if he missed by 100 feet, it would be difficult to prove he was shooting at someone.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Got shot at today-need Leo process help. [Re: wcbillcollector] #4532453 09/02/13 05:55 PM
HOF Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted By: wcbillcollector
You have every right to protect you and your KIDS on your property. Sounds like he doesn't have much sense...so if you do carry you better be ready to use it....personally I'd have a 270 waiting on him. The first shot would take his satellite dish off his ratty trailer as a warning, the next would be in his #%¥....if he was still shooting. When it comes to property that can be replaced, but put my children in harms way and I would drop him where he stands. No questions asked.

T

Might want to rethink the warning shots if someone is shooting at you or your kids. .270 is a good all purpose round.

Searching the world over for the perfect Chile Relleno.
Re: Got shot at today-need Leo process help. [Re: wcbillcollector] #4532454 09/02/13 05:55 PM
B
blackcoal Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
In what town is this 20 acres located?

The Greatest Enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge.--Stephen Hawking
Re: Got shot at today-need Leo process help. [Re: bill oxner] #4532471 09/02/13 06:01 PM
B
brazosboyt Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
B
Originally Posted By: bill oxner
I'm at a loss for words for the first time in awhile. It seems that if he missed by 100 feet, it would be difficult to prove he was shooting at someone.

I kinda agree but-we're in the city limits. He can't discharge 15-20 rds out oh a pistol from a 1/4 acre lot. The bullets went over the head of one of our hunters landing between the others. Not a good feeling.

Re: Got shot at today-need Leo process help. [Re: HOF] #4532472 09/02/13 06:01 PM
A
amcalister Offline
Tracker
Tracker
A
Originally Posted By: HOF
Take it up the ladder. Supervisor, Chief, DA, Mayor.

This right here is the only way you are going to get anything accomplished. If you keep going up the chain somebody will eventually go deep enough into it to find out what really happened.

Re: Got shot at today-need Leo process help. [Re: wcbillcollector] #4532476 09/02/13 06:02 PM
B
brazosboyt Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
B
You have every right to protect you and your KIDS on your property. Sounds like he doesn't have much sense...so if you do carry you better be ready to use it....personally I'd have a 270 waiting on him. The first shot would take his satellite dish off his ratty trailer as a warning, the next would be in his #%¥....if he was still shooting. No doubt it would be a difficult decision to make, and hard to live with, but imagine one of your kids taking a stray bullet because of his stupidity. When it comes to property, that can be replaced, but put my children in harms way and I would drop him where he stands. No questions asked....period.

T

I'm with you but I think we'll hunt somewhere else. Ain't worth somebody gettin shot.

I bought it to develop. Was gonna build 80 homes. Now-I think I'll build a government housing project.

Re: Got shot at today-need Leo process help. [Re: brazosboyt] #4532521 09/02/13 06:22 PM
W
wcbillcollector Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
W
Originally Posted By: brazosboyt

T

I'm with you but I think we'll hunt somewhere else. Ain't worth somebody gettin shot.

I bought it to develop. Was gonna build 80 homes. Now-I think I'll build a government housing project.

I would do a "sponsored.... local LEO dove hunt". I'm sure one or two of those guys or gals would love a free hunt with you! If they're luck they might even get to meet your neighbor.......and start shooting 1 min after shooting time.

I like the the housing idea......strait up sec 8 :-).

T

Re: Got shot at today-need Leo process help. [Re: wcbillcollector] #4532552 09/02/13 06:36 PM
A
Anytimeoutdoors1 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
A
Sounds like its already a sec-8 housing development.

"Anytime outdoors"
Guide Service
Slingin Hooks or slingin Arrows
anytimeoutdoors@gmail.com
Re: Got shot at today-need Leo process help. [Re: Anytimeoutdoors1] #4532589 09/02/13 06:53 PM
J
JasonH Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
J
Leo dove hunt, best idea yet. Plus you'd get to watch what happens next.

Re: Got shot at today-need Leo process help. [Re: wcbillcollector] #4532590 09/02/13 06:53 PM
S
SpoonPlatoon Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted By: brazosboyt

T

I would do a "sponsored.... local LEO dove hunt". I'm sure one or two of those guys or gals would love a free hunt with you! If they're luck they might even get to meet your neighbor.......and start shooting 1 min after shooting time.

I like the the housing idea......strait up sec 8 :-).

T

This is the best idea yet. Or get the Warden in on a hunt.

[Linked Image]
Re: Got shot at today-need Leo process help. [Re: amcalister] #4532706 09/02/13 07:40 PM
J
Jacob645 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
Call the game warden. Metal detect the bullets and match caliber.

Re: Got shot at today-need Leo process help. [Re: Jacob645] #4532732 09/02/13 07:52 PM
W
Water Turkey2 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
W
Yep, invite all city cops and game warden to hunt there. They will take a vested interest in the place then!

Great idea.

Re: Got shot at today-need Leo process help. [Re: Water Turkey2] #4532769 09/02/13 08:11 PM
C
crackbadger Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
C
well you probalby woke him up, its hard work cooking crank all night, what were ya thinking.?? lol

CHOOOOT IT. !!!!
Re: Got shot at today-need Leo process help. [Re: crackbadger] #4532778 09/02/13 08:13 PM
C
crackbadger Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
C
seriously get some video survelience cameras THAT WORK. if you catch them on video, even if there are people not wanting to prosecute, it will force thier hand no matter what attorney his mother is desking

if u can afford the land, build housing on it ect, cant you afford a 200 survilence system? a camera is a criminals worst nightmare. and a LEOS second best friend. an idiot is an idiot is an idiot, so you just need to outfox him. If you catchhim on video, then possibly federal charges could come, especially if hes a convicted felon. he will go to the graybar hotel for abt 5 flat.

Last edited by crackbadger; 09/02/13 08:16 PM.

CHOOOOT IT. !!!!
Re: Got shot at today-need Leo process help. [Re: amcalister] #4532779 09/02/13 08:13 PM
G
GO REBS Offline
Tracker
Tracker
G
Why no charges? I would contact police department and the DA office.

Section 8 housing, landfill, mosque.
Maybe list there trailer for sale or lease on craigslist. Just put address, hours and price.
Lots of other ideas for retribution, but I don't want to incriminate myself on the net.

GO REBS
Re: Got shot at today-need Leo process help. [Re: crackbadger] #4532785 09/02/13 08:16 PM
K
KHH Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
K
Should have showed him what a cut shell was.

Re: Got shot at today-need Leo process help. [Re: KHH] #4532804 09/02/13 08:25 PM
I
ishootspoonies Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
I
you could always go talk to the guy and ask him why he was firing in your direction

Originally Posted By: RoosterCogburn13
I like spoonie, his humor is dryer than my duck lease.
Re: Got shot at today-need Leo process help. [Re: KHH] #4532816 09/02/13 08:29 PM
B
Barcelona Rick Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
I guess if it is legal for you to discharge a firearm in the city limits then the fool probably did not break the law discharging his except he was not hunting...it sure seems like "deadly conduct" to me. I would be at the DA's office first thing in the morning to file charges against him. Take your hunting partners with you as witnesses. Then I would have a face to face with the Police Chief...file a Criminal Trespass or Restraining Order keeping him off of your property. If he is crazy enough to fire a pistol toward anyone then he needs to face the consequences...stay safe and be ready to defend yourself...

rick

Last edited by Barcelona Rick; 09/02/13 08:30 PM.
Re: Got shot at today-need Leo process help. [Re: brazosboyt] #4532828 09/02/13 08:37 PM
G
gspkimber1 Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
G
Where are you located?

Re: Got shot at today-need Leo process help. [Re: Barcelona Rick] #4532842 09/02/13 08:41 PM
B
brazosboyt Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
B
Originally Posted By: Barcelona Rick
I guess if it is legal for you to discharge a firearm in the city limits then the fool probably did not break the law discharging his except he was not hunting...it sure seems like "deadly conduct" to me. I would be at the DA's office first thing in the morning to file charges against him. Take your hunting partners with you as witnesses. Then I would have a face to face with the Police Chief...file a Criminal Trespass or Restraining Order keeping him off of your property. If he is crazy enough to fire a pistol toward anyone then he needs to face the consequences...stay safe and be ready to defend yourself...

rick

You have to have 10 acres or greater at your projectile can't leave your property if shooting inside city. Problem is there was 4 people in the house all saying nobody shot. Only one of us was close enough to get a description and he was on his belly. Office said he would have had grounds to use deadly force in return.

No shortage of idiots.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide