Forums46
Topics538,313
Posts9,735,686
Members87,082
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Open Carry Texas is in Dallas and Arlington this Weekend. [Re: target1911] #4506758 08/24/13 03:14 AM
T
target1911 Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
T
Oh yeah....and if someone don't like our TEXAS GUN LAWS....then GET THE F OUT. I'm sure kali would welcome you cuz we don't want you here.

"A good life is never too short"
My Dad
Re: Open Carry Texas is in Dallas and Arlington this Weekend. [Re: target1911] #4507016 08/24/13 05:03 AM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
You can bet the anti crowd is working on getting legislation passed to put a stop to the open carry of long guns. The more you educate the antis the better they are "armed".

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Open Carry Texas is in Dallas and Arlington this Weekend. [Re: dogcatcher] #4507274 08/24/13 12:52 PM
T
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
T
Yeah....and the PRO crowd is getting more of a back bone and growing a set....ready to stand and fight for what we believe in. Where as before we just laid down and took it like a prison "bish"

My Dad
Re: Open Carry Texas is in Dallas and Arlington this Weekend. [Re: target1911] #4509373 08/25/13 11:47 AM
O
Octopiston Offline
Tracker
Tracker
O
I have to say that I think it's time for gun owners to pull their heads out of the sand and become more active. We've been the equivalent of arm chair quarterbacks. We collectively give millions to the NRA and do nothing more. the NRA is a multi million dollar corporation. They have their place, but we can speak for ourselves too.

While the $ has kept the status quo for the most part, it has recently been demonstrated that the opposition's power and popularity is growing. They aren't just donating $ and setting back. They get out and loudly protest and the media eats it up. Their propaganda machine works, and the Executive branch and Justice dept has actively worked to limit our 2A rights. Not just the recent push, but I guarantee Fast and Furious was a covert op to make it look like cartels were legally getting guns from border states because Obummer was pushing that before F&F came out. You can also look how the ATF has started trying to make their own laws about what firearms should be restricted (ex. saiga shotguns). This is being done without representation in the government or voting.

Desensitizing people to guns is a key component to reeducating them, IMO. The antigun people have been preaching guns are evil to for years to sensitize the populace, and the masses have been eating it up. It's time non gun owners see that guns won't just discharge when you look at them as they've been lead to believe.

I talk guns with a few people at work. Had a guy overhear us about a chl conversation and he immediately said, "That's bad." I asked him why and he had no answer. There are people here in Texas with the mind set that they hear "gun" and they automatically think its bad. If they think its bad to conceal carry, I guarantee they're OK with evil black rifles being banned too. I would be very surprised if the stopped at black rifles. It may stop there for a while, but then something else will come up.

I'm glad to see OUR side make a visible statement instead of expecting our hired hands do it for us. It's really sad to see the amount of people on here mocking and trying to discourage fellow gun owners for standing up for their and YOUR rights. You may not agree with the way they are going about it, or with the "war" in general, but at least support the "troops."

Last edited by Octopiston; 08/25/13 11:58 AM.
Re: Open Carry Texas is in Dallas and Arlington this Weekend. [Re: Octopiston] #4509412 08/25/13 12:36 PM
T
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
T
Oct....

That was very VERY well put.
Thank you

My Dad
Re: Open Carry Texas is in Dallas and Arlington this Weekend. [Re: target1911] #4510181 08/25/13 06:18 PM
C
cdoan02 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: target1911
Oct....

That was very VERY well put.
Thank you

Agreed.

Re: Open Carry Texas is in Dallas and Arlington this Weekend. [Re: cdoan02] #4513887 08/26/13 09:10 PM
K
KMX Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
K
Wow....... *crickets* after the truth!

Thank you Oct!!

GOD & Guns!
Re: Open Carry Texas is in Dallas and Arlington this Weekend. [Re: target1911] #4515837 08/27/13 12:27 PM
J
Jasb Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
popcorn Looks like yall know the law better then that "cop".

Re: Open Carry Texas is in Dallas and Arlington this Weekend. [Re: Jasb] #4516038 08/27/13 01:36 PM
T
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: Jasb

The LAW of the land is simple....
"SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"
The people have allowed for the infringements and now we are tired of them and want the TRUE LAW back the way it was intended.

My Dad
Re: Open Carry Texas is in Dallas and Arlington this Weekend. [Re: Jasb] #4516478 08/27/13 03:37 PM
D
DuckedBlind Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D

Pretty sad considering its that "cops" job to know the law....

Re: Open Carry Texas is in Dallas and Arlington this Weekend. [Re: Beretta] #4516796 08/27/13 05:14 PM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted By: BerettaOnyx686
Originally Posted By: Kenneth1977
IMO this is one big cluster F , what are you trying to prove ?
Yes I would love open carry but I don't think this is the way to do it at all!! In fact this will prolly not let us be able to do it.

I don't think they are trying to prove anything, I think they are doing what they feel like that isn't against the law, and informing the public that it is completely legal. These guys were at the 4th of July parade in belton and they were very respectful towards the public and police and even seen many having casual conversation with law enforcement officers. I think that these guys are doing everything right, what happened in temple is the officer automatically had an attitude and when Grisham didn't bow down to ermis he got offended and decided to take matters into his own hands, except it backfired cause there was a video and a guy who wasn't afraid to stand up to the officer and just take the charge, he is also suing the city and I hope he makes the rest of these officers think before they try to strong arm someone.

They are proving they are a bunch of Douchebags. That is all.

Re: Open Carry Texas is in Dallas and Arlington this Weekend. [Re: ntxtrapper] #4516951 08/27/13 06:22 PM
B
Beretta Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Originally Posted By: ntxtrapper
Originally Posted By: Kenneth1977
IMO this is one big cluster F , what are you trying to prove ?
Yes I would love open carry but I don't think this is the way to do it at all!! In fact this will prolly not let us be able to do it.

I don't think they are trying to prove anything, I think they are doing what they feel like that isn't against the law, and informing the public that it is completely legal. These guys were at the 4th of July parade in belton and they were very respectful towards the public and police and even seen many having casual conversation with law enforcement officers. I think that these guys are doing everything right, what happened in temple is the officer automatically had an attitude and when Grisham didn't bow down to ermis he got offended and decided to take matters into his own hands, except it backfired cause there was a video and a guy who wasn't afraid to stand up to the officer and just take the charge, he is also suing the city and I hope he makes the rest of these officers think before they try to strong arm someone.

They are proving they are a bunch of Douchebags. That is all.

Your right!!! Cops out to prove something are douchebags up
Are you part of that group?

Last edited by BerettaOnyx686; 08/27/13 06:25 PM.

Originally Posted By: Jeff Elder
Two kinds of people vote democrat. Rich people that don't have to work, and poor people who don't want to work.
Re: Open Carry Texas is in Dallas and Arlington this Weekend. [Re: Beretta] #4517260 08/27/13 08:19 PM
M
Marc K Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
I most certainly understand the passion invoked by this topic. But, turning this important discussion into a name calling "food fight" just runs it into the dirt. Yes, we all need to stand up for all of our rights - Second Amendment and others.

Choosing an effective method of delivering the message is important. The anti gun crown has learned this already.

A Democracy is when two wolves and a lamb vote on the dinner menu. That is why this country was specifically not designed as a Democracy. We are a Constitutional Republic.
Re: Open Carry Texas is in Dallas and Arlington this Weekend. [Re: Marc K] #4517345 08/27/13 08:50 PM
T
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
T
And just how is it that the antis and civil rights groups get heard????
They stand and shout it from the roof tops...they rally by the thousands...THEY MAKE THIER VOICES HEARD.

That is EXACTLY what the OC group is doing. MAKING THIER VOICES HEARD. We al know the media wont help us. Just sitting back and doing nothing has only got us more restrictions. Waiting for the politions has gotten us no where. What???? You say vote em out???? Yeah ok....that will work....NOT They are mostly all crooked.

ALL WE HAVE IS OUR VOICES and the only way to be heard LOUD AND CLEAR is to be SEEN and to put it in their faces.

The way I see it is the only IDIOTS are the ones not willing to cause waves for the CAUSE.

Do you want to KEEP your 2A rights.....or LOSE THEM. The easiest way to lose them is to do NOTHING....and that is exactly what will happen as long as the antis have so many (so called) pro gun people on their side.

I applaud the OC groups for having the ballz to get out and fight for our CONSTITUTIONAL AND GOD GIVEN RIGHTS.

Last edited by target1911; 08/27/13 08:50 PM.

My Dad
Re: Open Carry Texas is in Dallas and Arlington this Weekend. [Re: target1911] #4517751 08/27/13 11:21 PM
M
Marc K Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
Some of us that you choose to call "idiots" are actually doing things in the background, to effectively further our cause.

Studying their technique of demonizing us, while effectively minimizing the more vocal people as "wacko extremists", has worked very, very well for them. Screaming from the rooftop while waving a gun isn't always the answer.

Some of us spend a lot of money, time and energy promoting:
- FACTS about gun safety
- Learn the numbers! Help to dispel the myths
- Invest the effort actually meet with our Legislators
- Discuss how gun ownership relates to crime reduction
- The critical role of the Second Amendment and why

I can't even count the number of people that I have "converted" by taking them shooting. Many people have zero comfort level with guns because they've never handled one and only know what the mainstream media has taught them.

I call it my 10/22 rule :-) You will get 10 new shooters for every .22 rifle that get into the right hands. I always find it amazing at how people take to plinking when they were afraid of guns. They immediately want to get people they know involved too. I will tell you from experience that new converts are the most active and zealous workers for their new found cause! Teach them to effectively protect their rights.

I'm not saying that rallies/events/demonstrations aren't a good thing. Just make sure that the right picture gets painted.

We have more than our voices. We have the ability to effectively marginalize them as sheep - who just don't know any better.

Marc

Last edited by Marc Kurth; 08/28/13 12:13 AM.

A Democracy is when two wolves and a lamb vote on the dinner menu. That is why this country was specifically not designed as a Democracy. We are a Constitutional Republic.
Re: Open Carry Texas is in Dallas and Arlington this Weekend. [Re: Marc K] #4518151 08/28/13 01:40 AM
B
Brother in-law Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
This thread is very comical. Some of yall are getting so worked up typing on a dang computer. Take a deep breath

Re: Open Carry Texas is in Dallas and Arlington this Weekend. [Re: Brother in-law] #4518508 08/28/13 03:09 AM
T
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
T
Marc

I do agree with you about converting people. I have done the same. My gf was afraid of them just 3yrs ago. She now owns 4 (at my expense ;)) and has taken her chl class.

We nedd you all in the back ground buy we need the rallies too.

I'm not saying acting like fools but the OP has not been acting a fool but has been respectful to business owners and LEO.
We can't educate or inform the general public from only the back ground. We need exposure.
I can't count the number of people that come to me asking about what they are doing....and very interested in the cause.

Thank you for your work as well.

My Dad
Re: Open Carry Texas is in Dallas and Arlington this Weekend. [Re: target1911] #4519116 08/28/13 01:01 PM
J
Jasb Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
Do what you do, but there is no way that I'm gonna strap on a gun and walk down the street. Why? Because I have zero reason to do so. In fact I think that it will do more harm then good. Calling people who walk down the street with a gun a patriot is just flat stupid unless your doing in an unfriendly country with the US flag on your shoulder. Enjoy your little rally but not many folks are watching...

Re: Open Carry Texas is in Dallas and Arlington this Weekend. [Re: Jasb] #4519246 08/28/13 01:40 PM
M
Marc K Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
Do what you do, but there is no way that I'm gonna strap on a gun and walk down the street. Why? Because I have zero reason to do so. In fact I think that it will do more harm then good. Calling people who walk down the street with a gun a patriot is just flat stupid unless your doing in an unfriendly country with the US flag on your shoulder. Enjoy your little rally but not many folks are watching...

My concern is the other way:
The media WILL be watching to try and find a screw up - or a really radical sounding spokesperson. If nothing bad happens and nobody acts crazy, the media will just ignore it. I have personally seen the opposition plant "radical acting" people in a crowd in order to provide juicy footage for the media.

I'm all for open carry - it's something I grew up with in California a very long time ago. The benefits to me are:
- Don't have to worry about accidentally exposing a concealed carry weapon.
- An open carry person will be the first target of a bad guy who goes shooting in public - giving me time to find cover :-)

Marc

Re: Open Carry Texas is in Dallas and Arlington this Weekend. [Re: Jasb] #4519264 08/28/13 01:45 PM
B
Beretta Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Jasb, the great thing is that they don't need a reason to do it, they CAN do it, and who are you to tell them they shouldn't, or to call them idiots? Seems like all the name calling is coming from LEO's and yet you wonder why some people have a hatred toward cops. And what's the reason you conceal carry? I mean if you don't sea a reason to carry a gun then you don't see a reason to conceal carry either. The problem with this country is too many people telling others what they think is best or what they should or shouldn't do. Texas is starting to sound more and more like California with everyone telling me what is best for me and what I should and shouldn't do. I tell ya what, I'm going to do whatever I want to do whether you see a reason or not, and I won't tell you how to live your life.

Two kinds of people vote democrat. Rich people that don't have to work, and poor people who don't want to work.
Re: Open Carry Texas is in Dallas and Arlington this Weekend. [Re: Beretta] #4519359 08/28/13 02:18 PM
J
Jasb Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
Jasb, the great thing is that they don't need a reason to do it, they CAN do it, and who are you to tell them they shouldn't, or to call them idiots? Seems like all the name calling is coming from LEO's and yet you wonder why some people have a hatred toward cops. And what's the reason you conceal carry? I mean if you don't sea a reason to carry a gun then you don't see a reason to conceal carry either. The problem with this country is too many people telling others what they think is best or what they should or shouldn't do. Texas is starting to sound more and more like California with everyone telling me what is best for me and what I should and shouldn't do. I tell ya what, I'm going to do whatever I want to do whether you see a reason or not, and I won't tell you how to live your life.
Read the post, I said do it, I couldnt care less. Yes you're an idiot in my opinion for calling those who do "patriots". Looks like more harm than good to me no matter what my job may or may not be. Thanks

Re: Open Carry Texas is in Dallas and Arlington this Weekend. [Re: Jasb] #4519416 08/28/13 02:36 PM
B
Beretta Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
How about you read my post... I never called anyone "patriots", I said they should be able to do whatever they want to within the law and not take crap from bullies.

Re: Open Carry Texas is in Dallas and Arlington this Weekend. [Re: Beretta] #4519495 08/28/13 02:58 PM
J
Jasb Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
How about you read my post... I never called anyone "patriots", I said they should be able to do whatever they want to within the law and not take crap from bullies.
The patriot stuff was from the op and the bully stuff is is just funny. It's a forum man, it's for talky talky and opinions...

Re: Open Carry Texas is in Dallas and Arlington this Weekend. [Re: Jasb] #4519538 08/28/13 03:10 PM
B
Beretta Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
I agree with you, it's a form and it's for talky talk, but there is still a way to do it and express your opinion without talking down to someone for what they feel is right. If we had more people with half the passion (for whatever you believe in) as these guys we wouldn't be in some of the situations we are in. I bet you wouldn't feel the same way if someone called your kid or wife the same things as you have called others. Once again, I have not been to these rallies nor do I carry a rifle around, but I don't sit here and call names to the guys and gals who do.

Re: Open Carry Texas is in Dallas and Arlington this Weekend. [Re: Beretta] #4519613 08/28/13 03:28 PM
J
Jasb Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
So I shouldn't give my opinion if I'm passionate about it the other way? Huh, for a constitution crowd I would have thought you'd of brushed up on the first amendment....guess you just skimmed over it and went on to the 2nd.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide