Forums46
Topics538,588
Posts9,738,896
Members87,095
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: I need good places in Fort Worth to buy AR stuff. And don't say . . . [Re: tth_40] #4438005 08/01/13 02:54 AM
P
passthru Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
P
Kind of my choice/your choice don't you think? I'm not going to judge you for shopping there so who are you to judge me for not. I feel they took the low road all the way around in this situation and am not going to reward that with my business.

As to the question about the firearms, he is right, not a real good comparison. A private sale vs. a business is not comparable.

The bigger problem I have with them is the message they sent. They didn't care about the rights and principles we needed to defend during the attack on our freedoms by a president and his liberal agenda. They saw it as an opportunity to try to rake in the profits and to heck with the people who were just everyday shooters and hunters. I'm sorry if you see it differently but that's my take on it. I would rather they had limits on purchase amounts if that's what it took. I also think they should have kept fair/competitive prices and their long term impact on their customer's in mind through this situation.

I have trouble with the idea of taking advantage of people just because they are in a bind. Kinda like the guy who charges you $75 for a "may pop" used tire on a Saturday evening when, after having a flat on the road, you just carried your flat a mile and a half and there is no other place within 10 miles. He knows he has you by the nads, takes advantage of the situation and charges you out the azz for a tire he probably got for free. Capitalism yes. In bad form, probably.

And that wasn't the point of the thread. The point was good alternatives to purchase AR stuff in Fort Worth. If you don't have anything to offer along that line the rest of this is just pleasant conversation.

I work hard, drink a little and hunt when I can.
NRA Life Member
https://sofalasafaris.com/
Re: I need good places in Fort Worth to buy AR stuff. And don't say . . . [Re: tth_40] #4438016 08/01/13 02:57 AM
T
tth_40 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
In a Free Market, it's a free exchange. There has to be known or perceived value on both sides. You are right, if you don't like then don't buy which is exactly what a large portion of the firearms community, myself included, are doing. When you have one or a few out of many trying to corner a market in a time of stress on supply, then folks will choose to buy from those not participating in that activity.

Originally Posted By: theserxtremedays
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
Re: I need good places in Fort Worth to buy AR stuff. And don't say . . . [Re: passthru] #4438026 08/01/13 02:59 AM
T
tth_40 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: passthru
Kind of my choice/your choice don't you think? I'm not going to judge you for shopping there so who are you to judge me for not. I feel they took the low road all the way around in this situation and am not going to reward that with my business.

As to the question about the firearms, he is right, not a real good comparison. A private sale vs. a business is not comparable.

The bigger problem I have with them is the message they sent. They didn't care about the rights and principles we needed to defend during the attack on our freedoms by a president and his liberal agenda. They saw it as an opportunity to try to rake in the profits and to heck with the people who were just everyday shooters and hunters. I'm sorry if you see it differently but that's my take on it. I would rather they had limits on purchase amounts if that's what it took. I also think they should have kept fair/competitive prices and their long term impact on their customer's in mind through this situation.

I have trouble with the idea of taking advantage of people just because they are in a bind. Kinda like the guy who charges you $75 for a "may pop" used tire on a Saturday evening when, after having a flat on the road, you just carried your flat a mile and a half and there is no other place within 10 miles. He knows he has you by the nads, takes advantage of the situation and charges you out the azz for a tire he probably got for free. Capitalism yes. In bad form, probably.

And that wasn't the point of the thread. The point was good alternatives to purchase AR stuff in Fort Worth. If you don't have anything to offer along that line the rest of this is just pleasant conversation.
I apologize, brother. Didn't mean for this to become what it did.

Originally Posted By: theserxtremedays
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
Re: I need good places in Fort Worth to buy AR stuff. And don't say . . . [Re: tth_40] #4438060 08/01/13 03:14 AM
C
cyphertext Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: tth_40

I apologize as well. I would rather see product on a shelf if I want it or need it, than see empty shelves with a low price that is not actually available. But, enough of that, as that is not what your thread was about.

Good luck on your hunt for parts locally. I have not had good luck at Cabela's as far as selection of handguards and such, outside of staples like Magpul. I'm on the other side of the metroplex though, and the Allen store is smaller than the Ft. Worth one.

Re: I need good places in Fort Worth to buy AR stuff. And don't say . . . [Re: cyphertext] #4438090 08/01/13 03:28 AM
C
Cleric Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
I would hit up the shows. There are a number of really small business who do not have a retail front but do sell some stuff. I have not seen a good retail store in the area that keeps stocks on the parts

Re: I need good places in Fort Worth to buy AR stuff. And don't say . . . [Re: Cleric] #4438374 08/01/13 11:06 AM
P
passthru Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
P
I will hit a couple of shows I guess and try Cabelas. I would have thought this town was big enough to have a gun store with a good selection but I guess with on line sales now it reduces the need for stores with large inventory.

NRA Life Member
Re: I need good places in Fort Worth to buy AR stuff. And don't say . . . [Re: tth_40] #4438825 08/01/13 03:16 PM
A
Antikythera76 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
A
Webyshops. They are great and are in Arlington =) VERY CLOSE.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Re: I need good places in Fort Worth to buy AR stuff. And don't say . . . [Re: tth_40] #4439177 08/01/13 05:25 PM
J
jcp3368 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
J
DSG in Ft. Worth

Great place/great people

Re: I need good places in Fort Worth to buy AR stuff. And don't say . . . [Re: jcp3368] #4439244 08/01/13 05:50 PM
P
passthru Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
P
Thanx guys.

NRA Life Member
Re: I need good places in Fort Worth to buy AR stuff. And don't say . . . [Re: jcp3368] #4442764 08/02/13 10:22 PM
A
assassinator Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
A
Originally Posted By: jcp3368
DSG in Ft. Worth

Great place/great people

I tried going to DSG today, they wouldn't let me in the door. You have to be military or law enforcement.

Re: I need good places in Fort Worth to buy AR stuff. And don't say . . . [Re: assassinator] #4448072 08/05/13 03:17 AM
P
PJW Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
P
So non mil or non LEO are ok to buy online but not allowed in store? F#@* them. I'll never buy from them again.

Originally Posted By: THF
No Need for the language. Their business; their rules.Not a very good first post impression.

Re: I need good places in Fort Worth to buy AR stuff. And don't say . . . [Re: PJW] #4448149 08/05/13 03:44 AM
F
Fatalwishes' Wife Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
F
For those defending Cheaper than Dirt, one of the dirty things they did that pissed me off is cancel an order by saying the "magazines" were out of stock at 20.00 and then suddenly they had them in stock at 99.00.

You don't cancel on your customer to rape them 5 minutes later on the same product at 1000000% inflated prices.

If you do, you are probably going to lose customers and piss people off. Sure capitalism is fine, but sometimes being unethical is enough to drive people away.

I choose not to shop there anymore.....my decision based on my experience. Some people don't care if they get screwed over then get a good deal later, they will return time and time again.

Re: I need good places in Fort Worth to buy AR stuff. And don't say . . . [Re: cyphertext] #4448406 08/05/13 12:32 PM
P
PrimitiveHunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: cyphertext
Originally Posted By: tth_40

I apologize as well. I would rather see product on a shelf if I want it or need it, than see empty shelves with a low price that is not actually available. But, enough of that, as that is not what your thread was about.

Good luck on your hunt for parts locally. I have not had good luck at Cabela's as far as selection of handguards and such, outside of staples like Magpul. I'm on the other side of the metroplex though, and the Allen store is smaller than the Ft. Worth one.

OK, now that we've had our Kumbayah moment, what the heck is ETA?

Practice doesn’t make perfect.
Practice makes permanent.
Re: I need good places in Fort Worth to buy AR stuff. And don't say . . . [Re: PrimitiveHunter] #4448816 08/05/13 03:17 PM
C
cyphertext Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: PrimitiveHunter

Edited To Add.... sometimes ya hit that post button before you put everything in there that you wanted to say, or the thought hits you moments after your post.

Re: I need good places in Fort Worth to buy AR stuff. And don't say . . . [Re: cyphertext] #4449138 08/05/13 05:21 PM
P
PrimitiveHunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P

Edited To Add.... sometimes ya hit that post button before you put everything in there that you wanted to say, or the thought hits you moments after your post.

dunce trout

Practice doesn’t make perfect.
Practice makes permanent.
Re: I need good places in Fort Worth to buy AR stuff. And don't say . . . [Re: PrimitiveHunter] #4449327 08/05/13 06:39 PM
T
toolman Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T

Old age ain't for sissies!

Re: I need good places in Fort Worth to buy AR stuff. And don't say . . . [Re: PrimitiveHunter] #4449658 08/05/13 08:24 PM
RKHarm24 Offline
sergeant
sergeant

dunce trout

In Sherman it is Ellis Truck and Auto, ETA!

Most everywhere else it is Estimated time of arrival..

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide