Forums46
Topics539,157
Posts9,746,173
Members87,143
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Tresspassing, but "beneficial" coon hunters? [Re: cameron00] #4327665 06/18/13 12:38 AM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: cameron00
Originally Posted By: Redticker
I agree completely with Landowners rights, that's why when my dog crosses property lines now I call the law to assist me in retreiving my dog. It's really beyond me how some of you can take it out on the dog though. Get your big boy britches on and go whoop the dog's owner. Some of you need to open your eyes up and realize that you are sportsman just like the dog hunter and learn how to work together to protech our rights as hunters and continue to all enjoy the outdoors together.

Real simple:

For every dog that has a caring owner looking for it that you find on your land, there are 20 that don't. The "poor well-trained coon dog who innocently crossed a fence" is a very rare exception.

Cameron, I am starting to think you might be more of a cat person. grin cheers

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Tresspassing, but "beneficial" coon hunters? [Re: TXHOGSLAYER] #4327760 06/18/13 01:17 AM
L
LandPirate Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
L
Lack of enforcement.

That's the real problem here. First, if you're hunting on property that belongs to someone else, you are required by law, to have written permission on your person.

Secondly, If more doggers were held accountable with hefty fees/fines and jail, you'd see a whole lot less of this attitude that they demonstrate. Hit 'em in the pocketbook.

As for me, if I see a dog on my property and it's chasing so much as a butterfly, it's apt to end badly for the dog. My property is managed as a wildlife sanctuary. I enjoy all of the wildlife, including the stinking coons. There is no room for dogs or cats there. I will fiercely defend my right to manage my own personal wildlife sanctuary.

Mike
Buda, Tx
Hunt near Freer
Re: Tresspassing, but "beneficial" coon hunters? [Re: TXHOGSLAYER] #4327908 06/18/13 02:15 AM
C
cameron00 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

It's hard to limit out on double-droptine black B&C panthers with a bunch of stray dogs running around. Them being natural enemies and all...

Re: Tresspassing, but "beneficial" coon hunters? [Re: cameron00] #4327932 06/18/13 02:24 AM
C
Cannon Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
I always thought I was shooting banded coyotes, thanks for ruining it for me....maybe that's why I was banned by the taxidermist (worse than being banned from the Woolworth - all of them)

Re: Tresspassing, but "beneficial" coon hunters? [Re: cameron00] #4327953 06/18/13 02:34 AM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: cameron00
Originally Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

It's hard to limit out on double-droptine black B&C panthers with a bunch of stray dogs running around. Them being natural enemies and all...

Fair enough. grin

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Tresspassing, but "beneficial" coon hunters? [Re: TXHOGSLAYER] #4327978 06/18/13 02:45 AM
R
Redticker Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
R
It's very clear that some of you are very ignorant. .... Used to be love thy neighbor. I'm sure plenty of you talking about killing another persons dog go to church on Sunday and claim to be Christians. People don't ask anymore because they are nervous to run into pr*cks like you. This country is goin to hell fast an I blame it on folks with the mentality that a lot of you have displayed. I hope that god puts you in a situation where you may feel the heartache that some owners have felt from that hounds being shot for doing no harm to anyone. A lot of you need to let a little more love into your life.

Re: Tresspassing, but "beneficial" coon hunters? [Re: Redticker] #4327984 06/18/13 02:47 AM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
It's very clear that some of you are very ignorant. .... Used to be love thy neighbor. I'm sure plenty of you talking about killing another persons dog go to church on Sunday and claim to be Christians. People don't ask anymore because they are nervous to run into pr*cks like you. This country is goin to hell fast an I blame it on folks with the mentality that a lot of you have displayed. I hope that god puts you in a situation where you may feel the heartache that some owners have felt from that hounds being shot for doing no harm to anyone. A lot of you need to let a little more love into your life.

popcorn

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Tresspassing, but "beneficial" coon hunters? [Re: TXHOGSLAYER] #4327994 06/18/13 02:51 AM
TX_LT230FH Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Wow. This one had new life breathed into it after a 3 month hiatus.
I spoke to a guy that knows/sort of knows the coon hunters.
I told him that I did not appreciate them being on my land.
They know where my place of residence is- yet they have never ventured over to ask permission to hunt.

The bulk of the responses here sem to fall into two camps-

1. Those who lease their hunting areas or depend on the graciousness of others who allow them to hunt on their land.
2. Those who own their own land.

[Linked Image]
Re: Tresspassing, but "beneficial" coon hunters? [Re: Redticker] #4328003 06/18/13 02:53 AM
TX_LT230FH Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

So "love thy neighbor" only works one way.?

[Linked Image]
Re: Tresspassing, but "beneficial" coon hunters? [Re: Redticker] #4328013 06/18/13 02:57 AM
C
cameron00 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C

Right, everyone should just be allowed to trespass and do whatever they want. And the idiots that just leave dogs in the woods or let them run wild? Yeah, they're not to blame.

It's the landowners that are rightly protecting their property that are the bad guys here.

There's nothing Christian about trespassing and hunting where you're committing a criminal act.

Re: Tresspassing, but "beneficial" coon hunters? [Re: Redticker] #4328075 06/18/13 03:22 AM
S
smh264 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S

Apparently you haven't read the threat throughout. "Love thy neighbor"? Really? We're talking about dogs coming onto our places that shouldn't be there and who probably would chase the cattle, etc. Stop hugging the bunnies and petting the trees, we live in the real world, not some fantasy land like you apparently live in.

Lifetime NRA Member, GPAA member
Ex Law Enforcement/Police Firearms Instructor
Re: Tresspassing, but "beneficial" coon hunters? [Re: cameron00] #4328084 06/18/13 03:26 AM
R
Redticker Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
R
If you read my previous post, I do not agree with trespassing. My issue is with that fact that several have voiced that they would shoot the dog. I believe if someone is on your property and They had the opportunity to ask your permission and didn't take it then by all means prosecute them. I just can't imagine shooting the dog because the owner wasn't responsible. I had a hound get into a pasture with some horses. The horses were trying to run him down, first thing I did was go to the owners house. I don't hunt with a lot of people because of their mentality about goin on to someone's property. I just hope that if my dog does get on to someone's property that they would give me the chance to come ask permission before shooting the dog dead for my mistake. Sorry if I've gotten heated I just can't understand killing the hound.

Re: Tresspassing, but "beneficial" coon hunters? [Re: Redticker] #4328093 06/18/13 03:30 AM
R
Redticker Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
R
Smh, unfortunately that is the thinking of a farmer that hasn't seen a coonhound work. I have cattle, goats as sheep. If my dog runs cattle he won't be around long. Not hugging any bunnies over here pal.

Re: Tresspassing, but "beneficial" coon hunters? [Re: Redticker] #4328126 06/18/13 03:46 AM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms
Smh, unfortunately that is the thinking of a farmer that hasn't seen a coonhound work. I have cattle, goats as sheep. If my dog runs cattle he won't be around long. Not hugging any bunnies over here pal.

Nope, just belittling folks with Christianity and hypocrisy. I assume you realize the irony of your anology and the lack of Christian comfort it provides...

Unfortunately, that is thinking of someone who isn't a farmer. Most strays and dogs that a farmer encounters is chasing his livestock or is being aggressive. After years of dealing with encounters that differ from your coon dogs, he isn't going to take the time to determine if this one dog is going to be an exception to the rule.

If the coon dog is so impressive to watch work, watching him obey should be simple. Control the dog and no worries.

I would have to agree with LP though. Should hit doggers in their pockets and I bet the dogs would learn about boundaries.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Tresspassing, but "beneficial" coon hunters? [Re: Redticker] #4328135 06/18/13 03:51 AM
P
Pitchfork Predator Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
I think a big part of this is being overlooked.

The type of terrain the coon hunting takes place on.

I saw examples on this thread of laws in other states that give more protection to the dog like in Louisiana. I think if your hunting in the big woods and swamps then you don't have alot of these issues because generally that type of terrain is not going to be used for horses and livestock.

Perhaps that is why the practice of entering other peoples land for coon hunting isn't as big of deal to landowners in east Texas as it is in other parts of the state where the terrain is more suitable for livestock? Just an observation.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Tresspassing, but "beneficial" coon hunters? [Re: txshntr] #4328141 06/18/13 03:55 AM
R
Redticker Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
R
I'm done with it. Beating a dead horse. If my dogs cross I get permission. If my dog so happens to be treed on someone's place I hope they think before they shoot. Sorry for belittling anyone.

Re: Tresspassing, but "beneficial" coon hunters? [Re: Redticker] #4328150 06/18/13 04:02 AM
P
Pitchfork Predator Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Its all good Redticker. welcome to the forum.

We all get passionate at times about our beliefs and point of view.

Stick around long enough and you'll be on the same side of the fence with the ones your looking across at on this thread.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Tresspassing, but "beneficial" coon hunters? [Re: Redticker] #4328158 06/18/13 04:06 AM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms
I'm done with it. Beating a dead horse. If my dogs cross I get permission. If my dog so happens to be treed on someone's place I hope they think before they shoot. Sorry for belittling anyone.

Ahhhh...no need to get your panties in a wad. We was just funning grin

If someone shot a dog that has an animal treed...that is just wrong. Unless it is my barn cat, then...

There are plenty of dog lovers on this forum. There are just more folks that believe in property rights and hate trespassers.

Re: Tresspassing, but "beneficial" coon hunters? [Re: txshntr] #4328202 06/18/13 04:44 AM
M
MS1454 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
There are some dog lovers but there are also too many shoot first ask questions later. Someone mentioned s couple of dogs being shot and the shooter smashing the collars. Why ? Something to hide? Even if he was in the right which it sounded like he wasn't, that doesn't make it right. There's is difference between legal and ethically correct.

Someone eles mentioned how coondogs hunt. This also came to my mind in that you can't give commands to a dog that is a mile away and they also cannot read a map. Sad to see the sport dying off as it is.

Originally Posted By: Fooshman
I'll take a Black Female every time.

Re: Tresspassing, but "beneficial" coon hunters? [Re: MS1454] #4328208 06/18/13 04:48 AM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms
So you agree that doggers should be allowed to go wherever the dogs and the hunt takes them?

Re: Tresspassing, but "beneficial" coon hunters? [Re: txshntr] #4328216 06/18/13 05:04 AM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
If any of you have tried to run cattle or sheep in an area where they are few small ranchettes with a bunch of dogs, you would have a different opinion. The owners head off to work every day and after awhile the dogs start to roam, soon the start roaming in packs. They kill for the fun of it, not food or the hunt, they just kill livestock.

Talking to he owners will get you a visit from the sheriff's office when their dog turns up missing. Calling the sheriff isn't much better, they talk to the owner, and the when their dog turns up missing it will be your fault. It is best to ignore the rules and handle the situation like coyotes.

Is it right, nope, but who pays for the lost livestock? Not the dog owner, not even if you have photos of it running calves in the pasture. After a few thousand dollars in losses, your love for the neighbors or any other dog will disappear.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Tresspassing, but "beneficial" coon hunters? [Re: dogcatcher] #4328230 06/18/13 05:27 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
If your dog doesn't listen to your commands, don't turn him loose.

If you love your dog so much, don't turn him loose.

If you don't have enough property to run your dog on, don't turn him loose.

If you respect other landowners and their rights, don't turn you dang mutt loose!!!

It's real simple, people! If you don't own that particular property, and you don't have permission to be on it, then neither you or your dog belongs there. Doesn't matter that your sport is dwindling. Doesn't matter that your dog doesn't know better. You do know better, and you made the choice to let your dog run all over the place. YOU made that choice. YOU can accept the consequences. Keep blaming others for your actions, but the facts remain the same. It's your dog and your responsibility. Deal with it.

Re: Tresspassing, but "beneficial" coon hunters? [Re: Sneaky] #4328549 06/18/13 01:50 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted By: Sneaky

If you respect other landowners and their rights, don't turn you dang mutt loose!!!

It's real simple, people! If you don't own that particular property, and you don't have permission to be on it, then neither you or your dog belongs there. Doesn't matter that your sport is dwindling. Doesn't matter that your dog doesn't know better. You do know better, and you made the choice to let your dog run all over the place. YOU made that choice. YOU can accept the consequences. Keep blaming others for your actions, but the facts remain the same. It's your dog and your responsibility. Deal with it.

Dang me an you might be agreeing too much here lately.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Tresspassing, but "beneficial" coon hunters? [Re: redchevy] #4328565 06/18/13 01:58 PM
30incher Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
Originally Posted By: redchevy
[quote=Sneaky]If your dog doesn't listen to your commands, don't turn him loose.

Quit talking all that personal responsibility and common sense jibberish! people don't like to hear it

30incher

Last edited by 30incher; 06/18/13 01:58 PM.
Re: Tresspassing, but "beneficial" coon hunters? [Re: Sneaky] #4328608 06/18/13 02:19 PM
M
Marc K Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
Originally Posted By: Sneaky

Bingo

A Democracy is when two wolves and a lamb vote on the dinner menu. That is why this country was specifically not designed as a Democracy. We are a Constitutional Republic.
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide