This is going to be a long hard battle.

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/...w-gun-laws?lite

Re: New push for gun control. [Re: Spacemonkey] #4318958 06/13/13 12:23 PM
J
Jasb Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
I dont see what the big issue is on the background stuff. If you want to buy a gun fill out the form and move on. Have an FFL do a transfer and then you have your gun.

Re: New push for gun control. [Re: Jasb] #4319111 06/13/13 01:51 PM
B
Bigjoe8504 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Originally Posted By: Jasb
I dont see what the big issue is on the background stuff. If you want to buy a gun fill out the form and move on. Have an FFL do a transfer and then you have your gun.

people tend to think that if they register their guns the government is going to come and confiscate them one day... the feesability of the government being able to do this before a defense can form is incedibly low, but you won't convince the die hards...

Re: New push for gun control. [Re: Bigjoe8504] #4319158 06/13/13 02:09 PM
L
lharrell79 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
L
Plus, TX doesn't register guns.

Re: New push for gun control. [Re: lharrell79] #4319183 06/13/13 02:20 PM
jaymz Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
so they say....

Re: New push for gun control. [Re: jaymz] #4319210 06/13/13 02:31 PM
B
bjh Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
They will not stop until they get them! Then everyone will be a subject...instead of a citizen!!!!! SUCH IS THE LIBERAL COMMUNIST DEMOCRAT!!!!!!!

Re: New push for gun control. [Re: bjh] #4319255 06/13/13 02:48 PM
J
Jasb Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
I don't want to register crap! I have no problem filling out the form.

Re: New push for gun control. [Re: Jasb] #4319517 06/13/13 05:04 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
You actually don't register a gun when you buy your hunting license, but I bet they know you have one when you buy it. Or how about those CHL's, I bet they know you have a weapon when you took the course, and renewed your CHL. up

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: New push for gun control. [Re: dogcatcher] #4319708 06/13/13 06:39 PM
S
stinkbelly Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
When you buy a gun or have one transferred through a FFL dealer, there is information about you and your gun collected. If that FFL dealer ever discontinues their FFL, they MUST turn all this informaion (their Book and all form 4473) over to the ATF or pay a huge fine and go to jail.

So if they want your Registered gun information, all they have to do is cancel all FFLs or tax them out of business.

Re: New push for gun control. [Re: stinkbelly] #4319885 06/13/13 08:10 PM
T
tth_40 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
I have no guns.

Originally Posted By: theserxtremedays
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
Re: New push for gun control. [Re: tth_40] #4322075 06/14/13 06:51 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: tth_40
I have no guns.

Yep...Me neither

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: New push for gun control. [Re: Bigjoe8504] #4322407 06/14/13 09:09 PM
C
cdoan02 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: Bigjoe8504

people tend to think that if they register their guns the government is going to come and confiscate them one day... the feesability of the government being able to do this before a defense can form is incedibly low, but you won't convince the die hards...

The government has confiscated weapons. They are doing it now. There is no argument to that fact, because it is a fact. You can come up with reasons as to why each particular case of firearm confiscation was acceptable in each particular situation, you cannot argue the fact that our government has, does, and will confiscate firearms when given the opportunity. If that's not enough for you to accept an individual's fear of confiscation as rational, then I assume nothing short of an all out publicized national firearm confiscation will convince you.

I don't need an all out publicized national firearm confiscation to have a respectful fear of such a thing happening. But to each, his own.

Re: New push for gun control. [Re: cdoan02] #4322465 06/14/13 09:36 PM
B
Bigjoe8504 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Originally Posted By: cdoan02

The government has confiscated weapons. They are doing it now. There is no argument to that fact, because it is a fact. You can come up with reasons as to why each particular case of firearm confiscation was acceptable in each particular situation, you cannot argue the fact that our government has, does, and will confiscate firearms when given the opportunity. If that's not enough for you to accept an individual's fear of confiscation as rational, then I assume nothing short of an all out publicized national firearm confiscation will convince you.

I don't need an all out publicized national firearm confiscation to have a respectful fear of such a thing happening. But to each, his own.

I respectfully disagree, I haven't heard one real story of guns being confiscated that were legally owned. I've known people that had illegal weaponry (full auto AK-47's, Uzi's, and even 2 RPG's) confiscated. I've known people who were charged with felonies to have their weapons taken. But no law abiding citizen have I seen or even read from a reputable news source to have their weapons confiscated. You are right, I'm not going to freak out about it until it happens, otherwise I'd just be another paranoid guy waiting for something that will probably never happen. Life's too short to worry about all the what if's. Just put your trust in God that you will be taken care of and do what you must to live. If the time comes that I must raise arms against someone (criminal or government) I will not hesitate, but I will not devote my life to preparing for a storm that is not coming.

Re: New push for gun control. [Re: Bigjoe8504] #4322468 06/14/13 09:40 PM
B
Bigjoe8504 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
And just wanted to add one thing... The government can't balance a budget, how can the government arrange such a fast moving efficent method of disarming America that we could not organize a resistance with the 4000 methods of communication we have today (obvious exageration on number... i know). It's simply not powerful enough. It also doesn't have the know how to do it...

Re: New push for gun control. [Re: Bigjoe8504] #4322509 06/14/13 09:59 PM
T
tth_40 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Because most of the general public are sheep and will comply when told to do so. They've been conditioned with that sort of behavior for a while. Heck, most don't have a clue as to what's going on in the world let alone what to do in a crisis. A goodly percentage wouldn't even know there's a crisis.

Sorry if that sounds harsh. Folks care about Kim Kardashian and Dancing With The Stars. The rest is a mystery to them.

Originally Posted By: theserxtremedays
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
Re: New push for gun control. [Re: Bigjoe8504] #4322611 06/14/13 11:15 PM
G
gamebear Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
G
All guns, legally owned/possessed, or not, were confiscated from citizens in New Orleans. Was in the news, several videos can be viewed on YouTube. And, they were not returned to the rightful owners. They are coming for our guns...

"You can't aim a duck to death." -Beverly Sills

www.weathertogolf.com
Re: New push for gun control. [Re: Bigjoe8504] #4322707 06/15/13 12:12 AM
C
cdoan02 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C

I respectfully disagree, I haven't heard one real story of guns being confiscated that were legally owned. I've known people that had illegal weaponry (full auto AK-47's, Uzi's, and even 2 RPG's) confiscated. I've known people who were charged with felonies to have their weapons taken. But no law abiding citizen have I seen or even read from a reputable news source to have their weapons confiscated. You are right, I'm not going to freak out about it until it happens, otherwise I'd just be another paranoid guy waiting for something that will probably never happen. Life's too short to worry about all the what if's. Just put your trust in God that you will be taken care of and do what you must to live. If the time comes that I must raise arms against someone (criminal or government) I will not hesitate, but I will not devote my life to preparing for a storm that is not coming.

I don't understand how having an opposing opinion on a subject defines me as "devote(ing) my life to preparing for a storm that is not coming." However, your attempt to portray an opposing opinion as "paranoid" is not a concern. What is a concern is that people are oblivious to the fact that the government can create a situation where your legally owned guns unconstitutionally become illegal, or flat out use ambiguous laws regarding gun trading/selling to remove firearms. They can also use natural disaster. You can go google it, but there are many cases. Here are a few for you to peruse:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/03/...ns-confiscated/

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/02/robert-farago/this-is-how-the-dhs-seizes-your-guns/
(If you do a little legwork, you can find the actual news story, as well as this man's name... And a bit of history on him.)

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/06...ebag-atf-agent/

http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/u...hap#Post4302023

Go look up New York confiscation and find people who have already had firearms seized due to violation of the 7 rd limit. Maybe you say they shouldn't stay there since they knew then new laws? I say BS. ALL control leads to confiscation. Simple fact in my mind, which you have every right to call crazy.

Maybe you are of the mind that, if the government took their guns, then they must have had a good reason! And the government wouldn't use illegal means, such as an agent making false statements on an affidavit to obtain a search warrant, or even false testimony to charge an individual. I say BS. Go look up Ruby Ridge.

I don't dedicate my life to fighting for gun rights, but I do take interest, and have a strong stance. Just because it isn't on mainstream media, doesn't mean it didn't happen. And just because mainstream media portrays a situation a certain way, doesn't mean that's the truth. Gun control leads to confiscation, eventually. Period.

And if you can't be trusted to with a gun, then you can't be trusted without a gun. (That means you should be locked up or under full supervision.)

P.S. that last line in parenthesis was not directed at you, it's directed at anyone who can't be trusted with a gun. Looking back it read kinda like I meant YOU. I do not. smile

Last edited by cdoan02; 06/15/13 12:14 AM.
Re: New push for gun control. [Re: cdoan02] #4322730 06/15/13 12:22 AM
C
cdoan02 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
Every new law they pass leads to more law-abiding citizens' legal guns becoming illegal. New York, California, Connecticut, Illinois, Colorado, and on and on. I am not just interested in my own personal gun rights, but every citizen. It would not be prudent to wait until it directly affects me to take interest.

And more laws is stupid when they don't even use the current laws on the books to prosecute and sentence criminals that use firearms for harm. They instead use them to harass law abiding citizens. Eric Holder? How about the rapper T.I.? What would happen if I illegally provided the weapon used to murder a US citizen? Or illegally made me some selective fire weapons?

Last edited by cdoan02; 06/15/13 12:27 AM.
Re: New push for gun control. [Re: cdoan02] #4324308 06/16/13 02:11 AM
T
texasdude28 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
lets enforce the laws we have first before we pass any new ones and see how that works.

Re: New push for gun control. [Re: texasdude28] #4325863 06/17/13 03:51 AM
C
cdoan02 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: texasdude28
lets enforce the laws we have first before we pass any new ones and see how that works.

x2

Re: New push for gun control. [Re: cdoan02] #4327214 06/17/13 08:54 PM
Tiltman Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
Originally Posted By: texasdude28

x2

X3 couldn't agree more. BTW I have no arms either or ammo

Re: New push for gun control. [Re: Jasb] #4329963 06/19/13 12:43 AM
C
cdoan02 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C

It's like you're looking at a tree, and don't realize you're in the middle of a huge forest. For example, do you know what's happening in Maryland right now?

http://delegatemike.com/?p=3696

No big deal! Just a state government and federal government squeezing the law abiding citizen from both sides.

It you take the time to read that, you will realize that there are going to be plenty of gun confiscations, both by federal and local LE, in that state. How many FFLs are going to be charged by the ATF, lose their license, and firearms? When the police go back through all of the transfers that happened without the state background check, how many of those gun owners will be paid a visit to take their weapons? How many people will "mistakenly" lose their 2nd amendment rights because their government does exactly what they are forbidden from doing?

We must be looking at different things, because I see many BIG issues with the "background stuff". And not one of my issues is that I can't pass a background check. But one of my issues with the "background stuff" is that they can make it impossible for anyone to pass a background check at anytime.

Re: New push for gun control. [Re: Spacemonkey] #4330476 06/19/13 04:19 AM
M
Mickey Moose Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
I believe confiscation is inevitable though I won't speculate on a time frame. Now for a little story...

Not too long after 9/11 I was on a trip and purchased an 8x12x4 geode - a pretty stout rock. Protected in a few layers of bubble wrap, I placed it in my carry-on to board a flight. Of course with the "heightened" security, I was pulled to side so TSA could inspect it. I was then told I could not keep it. When I asked why I was told "you could be beat somebody to death with it". My response was "I could beat somebody to death with my fists too so do I have to leave them as well?". To my surprise, I didn't get thrown into a black room and, even more surprisingly, I got to keep the lovely death rock!

My twisted point is, with regards to firearms I don't care about any laws, I have the right to protect myself. When confiscation time comes I will protect myself with my fists, but fists won't fly first nor will the geode.

-Mickey

PS Like many of you, I don't have any firearms. They were stolen, destroyed and legally sold.

My botnet is bigger than yours.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide