Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics538,346
Posts9,736,071
Members87,082
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
DFW Area : Volunteers Needed FREE Firearms Training! Cost? ZERO dollars #4316652 06/12/13 02:01 PM
What s Up? Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
Okay, I am starting a Tactical Training Company that focuses on Individual / Family Tactics utilizing Rifle, Pistol and Shotgun. This, I believe, will be unlike any other training available out there today. (I do not work for Frontsight or any other facility)
I need 2 - 3 enthusiastic volunteers to be my 'guinea pigs' and allow me to train you for the afternoon for free.
Only thing I ask for in return is your hearty recommendations and referrals!
The session will begin with a brief lecture, followed by arriving at the range to go to work.
Entire session will last approx. 4 - 6 hours.

I do not think you will be disappointed in what you learn.
Time? 10:00 AM
Date? Either this Saturday, Monday, Tuesday or next
Saturday.
Location? South of Fort Worth in Alvarado.

Items needed are:
Rifle (Preferably AR15 or AK47, but if not, we'll work with what you have! (100 rounds)
Pistol (100 rounds)
Eye / Ear Protection
Bottled Water
Gloves
An Open Mind

You will like the range we shoot at.

Either PM me here at THF or call me at 817-696-3642

Last edited by What s Up?; 06/12/13 04:11 PM.

Steele Kor Tactical: Pistol, Carbine, and Precision Rifle Instruction.
Please PM me for more details
Re: DFW Area : Volunteers Needed FREE Firearms Training! Cost? ZERO dollars [Re: What s Up?] #4316708 06/12/13 02:26 PM
LRHead Offline
Tracker
Tracker
PM Sent.

Leonard
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life Member
Oklahoma Cleet Certified SDA Instructor
NRA Instructor
Firearms Self Defense/CQC Instructor
TRAIN HARD, LIVE FREE!
Re: DFW Area : Volunteers Needed FREE Firearms Training! Cost? ZERO dollars [Re: Dragonuv] #4316713 06/12/13 02:28 PM
D
dirtybird7890 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
D
Pm sent

Re: DFW Area : Volunteers Needed FREE Firearms Training! Cost? ZERO dollars [Re: dirtybird7890] #4316740 06/12/13 02:41 PM
D
Darren M Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
Pm sent.

There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.
Taya Kyle
Re: DFW Area : Volunteers Needed FREE Firearms Training! Cost? ZERO dollars [Re: Darren M] #4316988 06/12/13 04:29 PM
J
JTL 7mm Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
J
Pm sent

"HOLD MY BEER AND WATCH THIS"
Re: DFW Area : Volunteers Needed FREE Firearms Training! Cost? ZERO dollars [Re: JTL 7mm] #4317073 06/12/13 05:02 PM
S
safarigene Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
S
PM sent

Re: DFW Area : Volunteers Needed FREE Firearms Training! Cost? ZERO dollars [Re: safarigene] #4319783 06/13/13 07:13 PM
What s Up? Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
Thank you, gents! Class is filled for next Saturday.
I may end up doing one more and would prefer 3 students
maximum. In your PM to me, write in the title; Second Class,
and include.

1. Name / Contact number
2. Level of experience
3. What you hope to learn

Have a great day!

Re: DFW Area : Volunteers Needed FREE Firearms Training! Cost? ZERO dollars [Re: What s Up?] #4320072 06/13/13 09:29 PM
C
clharr Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
JCSSA?

Re: DFW Area : Volunteers Needed FREE Firearms Training! Cost? ZERO dollars [Re: clharr] #4320222 06/13/13 10:43 PM
What s Up? Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
Sure that's good info.

Re: DFW Area : Volunteers Needed FREE Firearms Training! Cost? ZERO dollars [Re: What s Up?] #4320700 06/14/13 02:28 AM
B
beaucfus Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Hundred rounds each? I know there is a shortage out there, but that seem like you dont gett any repetition.

Not trying to be mean, but the last couple of courses I have been through I have used at least 350 round up to 600. Now I can see maybe less rounds for more experienced shooters.

Good luck and hope it works out for you!

Last edited by beaucfus; 06/14/13 02:29 AM.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: DFW Area : Volunteers Needed FREE Firearms Training! Cost? ZERO dollars [Re: beaucfus] #4320774 06/14/13 02:47 AM
What s Up? Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
"allow me to train you for the afternoon for free..."

Check your PM.

Last edited by What s Up?; 06/14/13 02:50 AM.

Re: DFW Area : Volunteers Needed FREE Firearms Training! Cost? ZERO dollars [Re: What s Up?] #4321447 06/14/13 02:14 PM
B
beaucfus Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
I really wish I could. Just a little to far. If you end up doing it, let me know and I can make time to go up there.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: DFW Area : Volunteers Needed FREE Firearms Training! Cost? ZERO dollars [Re: beaucfus] #4321964 06/14/13 06:13 PM
What s Up? Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
I will, my man. Would love to have ya there...

Re: DFW Area : Volunteers Needed FREE Firearms Training! Cost? ZERO dollars [Re: What s Up?] #4344611 06/25/13 07:53 PM
LRHead Offline
Tracker
Tracker
For those wondering about the training session with "What s Up?" aka. STEEL KOR TACTICAL

One thing specifically stressed about the FREE training session... this is a Intro to Basic Pistol and Carbine.

The day started with a meet and greet at a local establishment. The instructor started out giving a brief of his self and specific goals for the training session. We then went around the group doing introductions on name and any previous training experience. We learned quickly this was a much diversified group of three men and one lady, ranging from a few year of experience to first time.

The instructor spent about an hour discussing his syllabus for the training session, went over the Color Codes of Situational Awareness and the Four Basic rules of firearm safety.

http://www.tacticalintelligence.net/blog/the-color-code-of-awareness.htm

http://www.knobcreekshoot.com/JeffCoopersgunrules.pdf

Our range session started out with a quick safety check and brief. He wasted no time in starting with the pistol. He explained his training method on the proper grip, proper sight alignment and proper trigger control. He took ample time to demonstrate each. All the students were given time to dry fire and practice the grip, sight alignment and trigger control. The instructor checked each person to confirm we understood our newly learned skills before moving to live fire.

After taking a quick break to grab a drink and load up some magazines, we jumped right into the live fire portion of the pistol. He demonstrated some practice drills, at about 10 yards, and then had us try them out. We worked on accuracy using the proper grip, sight alignment and trigger control. Everyone seemed to catch on to the skills fairly quick and did really well.

Next was learning the technique of drawing the firearm from the holster. The instructor did a great job on breaking down each of the 5 steps to the draw. He explained them as follows:
step 1 – grip the gun with the gun hand
step 2 – pull the gun out enough to clear the holster
step 3 – rotate the gun towards the target
step 4 – off hand comes together to complete the grip
step 5 – drive the gun to the target and press the shot

Everyone took the time to practice the drills by running through a few magazines each. The dry fire drills really drove home the new skill sets, while the live fire was used to confirm them. We took a few minutes to discuss the reload. The instructor did some demo’s on the reload and gave plenty of time for us to practice them.

Our next goal was to work on some Carbine skills. The instructor talked about some of the specifics of the AR 15 and the AK 47, since we did have one AK 47. The manual of arms was a little different between the two firearms, but a gun is a gun. If it has sights, a trigger and follow the proper skills, anyone can hit the target….almost.

The instructor explained the proper way to hold the carbine when coming up to mount, proper cheek weld, trigger control and sight alignment. He discussed the way to reload each carbine, AR 15 vs. AK 47. We all then worked on drills he showed us. The drills were easy to grasp and get a good feel on the carbine.

Overall, I would recommend STEEL KOR TACTICAL as a good place for the novice/beginning shooter to start their process of training. Training has to be continual. If you don't use the skills you learned in training, it is highly likely you can lose them. Practice, practice, practice.

Stay safe!

Leonard
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life Member
NRA Instructor
TRAIN HARD, LIVE FREE!
Re: DFW Area : Volunteers Needed FREE Firearms Training! Cost? ZERO dollars [Re: LRHead] #4345295 06/26/13 12:11 AM
What s Up? Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
Thanks Leonard!

Re: DFW Area : Volunteers Needed FREE Firearms Training! Cost? ZERO dollars [Re: What s Up?] #4358586 07/02/13 12:37 AM
H
hpb_rst Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
H
I also took the class with Steel Kor Tactical and was very pleased with it. "What's up" is a great instructor, very easy to work with and understand. Although I had been shooting and hunting for a couple decades, I had never done any kind of defensive training. I'd never even practiced drawing my handgun from my holster. I thought I was pretty proficient, but quickly learned i didn't know much when it came down to it.

I learned a lot from the class and now know what and how to practice to hone my defensive shooting skills. I would really like to take some more classes in the future and hope to get my wife involved in some as well. It was a very positive experience and i would highly recommed Steel Kor to anyone looking to do some defensive and tactical training.

Russell
hpb_rst

Re: DFW Area : Volunteers Needed FREE Firearms Training! Cost? ZERO dollars [Re: hpb_rst] #4359417 07/02/13 12:48 PM
LRHead Offline
Tracker
Tracker
It was fun training with you, Russell. Now you have to tell me where you found the rifle case... someone noticed it and made mention about a purple rifle looking really good in one.

Stay safe!

Leonard
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life Member
NRA Instructor
TRAIN HARD, LIVE FREE!
Re: DFW Area : Volunteers Needed FREE Firearms Training! Cost? ZERO dollars [Re: LRHead] #4361063 07/03/13 12:36 AM
H
hpb_rst Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
H
Hey Leonard,

Good training with you too. It's been years since I bought that case but I think i got it at Targetmasters shooting range in Garland for about 40 dollars. That was back before AR's were cool though haha. Here is one very similiar to it and I'm pretty sure its the same brand:
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/115556/...-40-nylon-black

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide