Print Thread
TS Predator calls WORK! Long read no pics! #4298852 06/04/13 08:26 AM
D
DARDEN Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
D
I just got my lightforce in and really wanted to try out my new TS predator calls from TJ. So I ask my youngest brother who is 16 if he wanted to go varmint hunting which he hasn't done in a while due to him chasing girls and all of that good high school fun. He said yea so I picked him up and we headed to a 1000 acre place I picked up that knew held a bunch of coyotes and no tellin what else with the creek that runs through it! We get to the first spot and of course my brother wants to shoot which I'm ok with because I enjoy seeing them coming to the call as much as I do shootin them. So we climb in the back and I start with a low raspy woodpecker on the Foxpro for about 6 min then I mute it. We wait about 7 min and I pick up my Relentless HP and start callin. It wasn't two min in I hit eyes with the light so I lip squeak to my brother who is on his phone texting someone he doesn't budge so I whisper to him to grab my gun which is my go to Remington 700 Vtr in .204 which is deadly accurate! It gets in to about 40 yards behind a mesquite thicket and I see spots it was def a cat. Well it sits down and states at us for about 10 min and I wouldn't let my brother shoot through the branches. I told him wed go down the road and try again. The second stand I started cottontail duet and only on low volume and I immediately mix in with the Relentless HP and two min into it a gray comes charging in! I lip squeaked at him again but he was ready. The fox was circling around and about to come into a opening I said get ready ill stop him in the clear. I lip squeaked and he stopped broad side oh at the long range of 30 or 40 yards! Boom! A big fat nothing he stood there and then ran off so I tried to call him back but never happened. We go to our last stand in an oped field where I have seen coyotes in so I start with the Relentless Jack for about 5 min then we wait for about 10 min. Then I start pup distress on the Foxpro and we see eyes across the field and I said if this is a coyote then ill be blown away. They are not very call friendly around here they usually consist of day time long range shots. Anyway I go down on the volume and it comes in to about 150 along a tree line and I'm almost 100 % positive it was a coyote. We hit it with the lense again and the. I see a big gray bodied animal dart into the tree line to never be seen again! Needless to say I had a good time with my brother despite his miss and I love my lightforce and my Relentless HP and Relentless Jack from TJ Shockler and TS Predator calls!
Thanks for your time!
Kye

Re: TS Predator calls WORK! Long read no pics! [Re: DARDEN] #4299534 06/04/13 04:55 PM
C
caspergsx Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
C
Nice .. it is always cool when you get to see mother nature working

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide