Forums46
Topics539,435
Posts9,749,520
Members87,160
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Experience PREDATOR CALLING at it's best.... [Re: Gator Killer] #418287 09/14/08 06:22 PM
J
JMC Outdoors Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
I got to know what .5 of a dilla is?

Last edited by predator1outdoors; 09/14/08 06:24 PM.

JMC OUTDOORS INC. is here

Formerly Known as Predator1Outdoors, and Jeff W
Re: Experience PREDATOR CALLING at it's best.... [Re: JMC Outdoors] #418288 09/14/08 06:26 PM
7mag Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Quote:

Half a dollar........you know like ebonics, one dilla(one dollar) 2 dilla, 3 dilla ect

[Linked Image]
"Laugh with many, but don't trust any"
Re: Experience PREDATOR CALLING at it's best.... [Re: 7mag] #418289 09/14/08 06:29 PM
J
JDGambino Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
You got any of them there coooooger lions out yur way 7mag?? I killet round 10 last night and think that I seen a black panter too.

Re: Experience PREDATOR CALLING at it's best.... [Re: JDGambino] #418290 09/14/08 06:33 PM
7mag Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Quote:

You got any of them there coooooger lions out yur way 7mag?? I killet round 10 last night and think that I seen a black panter too.

well heck yeah, I even got 3 on a leash

[Linked Image]
Re: Experience PREDATOR CALLING at it's best.... [Re: JDGambino] #418291 09/14/08 06:35 PM
R
Rusty Holt Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
R
Great to see you on here too, JD! I too am looking forward to flinging some arrows next month! Thanks for the work you've put in down there with the blinds, etc. I'm sure it wasn't easy given the time of year down in that part of the state!

JD is right....the outrageous statments that have been made can and will give predator hunting as a whole a black eye. It also hurts guys like predator1outdoors and many other friends of mine when he boasts of such huge numbers. When I was guiding I never told people of how many animals I averaged per night, etc. There was no point because everyone knows that doing so is setting yourself up for disaster and after my business gained momentum (through word of mouth, mind you....not fancy advertising or claims of huge kills) I had more customers than I could handle so I never felt any need for self promotion. The referrals from past clients and a photo album of MY realistic kill totals is all that was ever needed.

predator1outdoors hit the nail square on the head with the realistic kill totals he mentioned and also how Tony's claims will hurt the established outfitters that take the high road and don't resort to making exaggerated claims. The fact of the matter is that some nights are better, some are worse, but that's just the way it is and that's why they call it "hunting" and not "killing".

Bottom line is that Tony is planning on quitting his job and moving to Texas to to pursue this Predator University and guiding business on a full-time basis, so I guess he feels it's necessary to make wild claims since this venture will be all he has to pay the bills and put food on the table. Not something I'd personally want to try with me having a wife and two kids with another on the way, but that's Tony's decision and he has every right to pursue it as long as he doesn't resort to misleading people. I personally know guides out there that have forgotten more about calling predators than most have ever learned. You don't hear a single one of them making exaggerated claims because they simply don't have to. They all have a strong client base full of repeat customers that feel they've been treated right and they'll tell their friends and family about their positive experience which helps their business grow. Guys like predator1outdoors, Skeet Jones and Randy Watson don't have to boast of their predator calling prowess......their hard work, longevity and long list of satisied customers speaks louder than anything they could ever say about themselves.

I'm glad this thread has stayed clean. I just want people to see the whole picture when they are thinking about spending a load of cash on something like this. I know I sure would appreciate it if somebody does the same for me the next time I want to book an outfitter for a hunt.

Well, I gotta run and go check game cams while the wife and kids are napping!!!

Take care, guys!

Rusty

Re: Experience PREDATOR CALLING at it's best.... [Re: JMC Outdoors] #418292 09/14/08 11:54 PM
Gator Killer Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Quote:

it is what it sounds like.....it blew the 18th one to pieces and could only find half of it

Re: Experience PREDATOR CALLING at it's best.... [Re: 7mag] #418293 09/14/08 11:55 PM
Gator Killer Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Quote:

Quote:

Half a dollar........you know like ebonics, one dilla(one dollar) 2 dilla, 3 dilla ect

too funny

Re: Experience PREDATOR CALLING at it's best.... [Re: Gator Killer] #418294 09/14/08 11:57 PM
F
Frisbie Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F
what the heck did you shoot him with??? I dont know what more far fetched.... 45 animals a night or you blowing a armadillo in half... hahahaha

Sales Manager: Drake Waterfowl Clothing
www.tightlinesandbigtines.com
Re: Experience PREDATOR CALLING at it's best.... [Re: Frisbie] #418295 09/14/08 11:58 PM
Gator Killer Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
a bb gun

Re: Experience PREDATOR CALLING at it's best.... [Re: kwrhuntinglab] #418296 09/15/08 04:19 AM
txcornhusker Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Quote:

and you know it.....

and you know I don't need to elaborate...

BIL is right! Quit hitting the Mod alert button every chance you get! They are tired of it too!! You have been doing it a long time!

This thread is informative to say the least!

Re: Experience PREDATOR CALLING at it's best.... [Re: txcornhusker] #418297 09/15/08 01:09 PM
kwrhuntinglab Offline
"The Guardian"
"The Guardian"
Quote:

Quote:

and you know it.....

and you know I don't need to elaborate...

BIL is right! Quit hitting the Mod alert button every chance you get! They are tired of it too!! You have been doing it a long time!

This thread is informative to say the least!

And how would you know that......If memory serves me correctly.....someone on here that remains nameless.....was chastised for hitting the mod button too much.....and it wasn't me....

If you don't talk to the Mods....how would you know.....
plus.....I believe that we don't have to worry about that since a couple beat us to it everytime.....

Spend time with the ones you love. Time is not guaranteed.
Re: Experience PREDATOR CALLING at it's best.... [Re: kwrhuntinglab] #418298 09/15/08 01:10 PM
7mag Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
kwr...........your a snitch man????

[Linked Image]
Re: Experience PREDATOR CALLING at it's best.... [Re: 7mag] #418299 09/15/08 01:12 PM
kwrhuntinglab Offline
"The Guardian"
"The Guardian"
Quote:

kwr...........your a snitch man????

Oh shut up and eat some more donuts.......

Re: Experience PREDATOR CALLING at it's best.... [Re: kwrhuntinglab] #418300 09/15/08 01:15 PM
7mag Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
kwr is a snitch, kwr is a snitch, kwr is a snitch, kwr is a snitch, kwr is a snitch, na na boo boo stick your head in doo doo, kwr is a snitch, no ones to play with him, cause he is a snitch, tattle tattle tell tell, na na boo boo, kwr is a snitch

[Linked Image]
Re: Experience PREDATOR CALLING at it's best.... [Re: 7mag] #418301 09/15/08 01:20 PM
kwrhuntinglab Offline
"The Guardian"
"The Guardian"
Quote:

kwr is a snitch, kwr is a snitch, kwr is a snitch, kwr is a snitch, kwr is a snitch, na na boo boo stick your head in doo doo, kwr is a snitch, no ones to play with him, cause he is a snitch, tattle tattle tell tell, na na boo boo, kwr is a snitch

That hurt my feelings.....

I am taking my ball and going home....

Re: Experience PREDATOR CALLING at it's best.... [Re: kwrhuntinglab] #418302 09/16/08 05:20 AM
T
TTebbe Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
T
I haven't been on this board in a couple of days, but I see this thread took off. I didn't spend the time to read all the replies yet, but scanned it and got the jist of it.

Looks like I need to clear up some things. When I mentioned that we averaged calling 45 animals a night...I mean we called that many in...not killed. We only killed 1/3 or so of them.

So, here's the long version of it.....

We were checking out 3 new ranches and went calling on 2 others that we've had for a while. One ranch, we called called in 3-4 fox, 1 cat, 1 coyote, and 1 javelina in a couple hours. After the rancher explained that he wanted paid for bring predator hunters in, we left with no plans to return. It turned out to be a waste of our time and gas.

The other 4 ranches were in fox/cat country. We called one ranch per night (except 2 smaller ranches in one night) from 9pm to sunrise and called around 40 fox per night. We called in 4 cats and dozens of coons.

3-4 fox per stand was the norm, and some stands had as many as 7. The average stand was 15-20 minutes. We only had 4 or 5 blank stands. We were to the point of betting on how long it would take at each stand. I remember one stand that I guessed 1 minute, Bruce guessed 27 seconds. We had 4 fox at the truck in 23 seconds and laughed our butts off about it. We killed 3 on that stand.

I have most of the action on video, but will see if Bruce can download some pics off his digital camera and send to me. I remember us throwing them in the truck on one ranch and taking a hero shot with a dozen or more of fox, coons, and 1 snake, to show the rancher.

Jeff, this happened just a couple days after we talked to you at the Burnham Brothers shop. It was during the week before the Hunter's Extravaganza in Ft Worth. The moon was bright, 75-83 degrees at night. Calling was good all night, but they really poured it on after 4am each night.

I don't mean to insult or mislead anyone. But, we did average calling in that many. Will this be the normal all season? Heck now...we just got lucky to get on some ranches that haven't been called or trapped in 10-15 years. But, we were on a 'job interview' to see what we could get done on one of the ranches, to get access to the rancher's other 6 ranches. We hope they are as good as the one.

I totally understand the skepticism, though I'm insulted by it. Neither Bruce or I have any reason to make up stories or numbers. We just had a good week. I'll make sure not to quote averages again and let our clients photos tell the stories this season.

Point well taken.

Tony

Tony Tebbe
TT Custom Predator Call Builder, Outfitter/Guide, and Calling Instructor

Re: Experience PREDATOR CALLING at it's best.... [Re: TTebbe] #418303 09/16/08 05:26 AM
txcornhusker Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Just a quick question...how many people have attended "Predator University"?

Re: Experience PREDATOR CALLING at it's best.... [Re: txcornhusker] #418304 09/16/08 12:54 PM
R
Rusty Holt Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
R
Quote:

I totally understand the skepticism, though I'm insulted by it.

I'm sorry you're insulted that your "average" is better than anyone's best. When I say "anyone", I mean some of the best predator callers around.

Here's the truth, Tony. You told a good friend of my family, via a private message on another forum, the following....and I quote:

Quote:

Last year, I hand called 9 cats, 53 fox, and 68 coyotes in 4 nights, while we filming Predator Pursuit Volume 4.

Clearly more lies since I was on that hunt with you, Todd & Jeff and NONE of us experienced that many animals called in, whether it was you personally doing the calling, or the Foxpro, or anyone else blowing a call. IT JUST DIDN'T HAPPEN! Are you still insulted by my skepticism?? Would you like others to join this discussion and add their input?

I'm insulted that you choose to lie to everyone for your own personal gain.

Rusty

Re: Experience PREDATOR CALLING at it's best.... [Re: Rusty Holt] #418305 09/16/08 03:24 PM
7mag Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I don't think Tony wants my input, as we have already twisted off on the land I guide on. I never have spoken with Tony, but with all this said and the prior incident with him him running predator university and running the varmint hunts, from right under me, really pissed me off, and I am still pretty irrate about it. Tony, I dont know if thats the Yankee way of doing stuff, but here in west Tx it doesn't fly. I almost lost everything I had put into that business over your stupidity, including my hunting rights. You know exactly what I am talking about. Seems like you have pissed others in you wake, and don't seem to be getting any better. As for me and you conversing or better yet meeting, I look at my crystal ball and say "I don't for see that in our future " I have no reason to speak with you or your associates. I don't like getting stepped on nor do I apppreciate it. I have NEVER confronted you by phone, PM e mail, forum ect, but really enough is enough. That is another reason predator1 has taken over the varmint hunts. He seems to be a keen guy and HONEST with no I hope your new clients don't view these numerous forums, as they really arn't too good for business. And yes, there are a few with forum replys as this. Your tring to people that are 100 times over beter at the you have going. It will come back to bite you in the arse, rest assured. I haven't being doing this long, but I don know honesty and goes a mile. You might ought to think real hard before you type, as you seem to be having to explain your typos, or scenarios, in better detail, so it doesn't appear as badly. If this angers you or makes you feel bad, thats about how low I felt when I recieved a call last Febuary. Your welcome is running thin.What you make of it is all in your court.

[Linked Image]
Re: Experience PREDATOR CALLING at it's best.... [Re: 7mag] #418306 09/16/08 05:01 PM
dgilbert Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Were not going to bring a problem from another forum here guys.

Re: Experience PREDATOR CALLING at it's best.... [Re: dgilbert] #418307 09/16/08 06:04 PM
R
Rusty Holt Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
R
I stand corrected regarding bringing up the other forum. I erased the particular name of the forum in my previous post as to not draw attention to it. The only reason I brought up any other forum is because there seems to be a recurring theme to Tony's claims and some of them can easily be disputed being that I have first hand knowledge of what happened and more importantly what didn't.

I've pretty much said my peace regarding this topic. Potential customers can judge for themselves whether or not they want to use Tony's services. I just couldn't sit back and read all of the claims when I could shed a little light on the topic. I'm not bringing all of this up out of some personal agenda against Tony, I'm bringing this up because what he is claiming would be misleading to his customers and could at the same time hurt the business of other outfiffers across the state that have spent a lot of time, money and effort building up their business.

I appreciate it.

Rusty

Re: Experience PREDATOR CALLING at it's best.... [Re: Rusty Holt] #418308 09/16/08 06:10 PM
dgilbert Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
When one sounds like a used car salesman, just say thank you, click. Thanks

Re: Experience PREDATOR CALLING at it's best.... [Re: dgilbert] #418309 09/16/08 08:06 PM
R
Rusty Holt Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
R
People get burned by bad used car salesman every day, too. If I can prevent it, I will. I said "bad" as to not offend any good used car salesman that might frequent these boards.

Rusty

Re: Experience PREDATOR CALLING at it's best.... [Re: txcornhusker] #418310 09/16/08 08:42 PM
F
Frisbie Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Quote:

Just a quick question...how many people have attended "Predator University"?

Was wondering the same thing....

Sales Manager: Drake Waterfowl Clothing
www.tightlinesandbigtines.com
Re: Experience PREDATOR CALLING at it's best.... [Re: Frisbie] #418311 09/16/08 10:55 PM
B
Brother in-law Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Get land
wear camo
stick in tape or blow call
look at animal
shoot
cool

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5