Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Yes, it's getting better. [Re: scattergun] #4093236 03/02/13 12:30 AM
J
ju993rnaut Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
I was able to pick up some gen 3 20-rd p mags for $18 a piece, not bad even compared to the $12-$15 they used to go for.

Re: Yes, it's getting better. [Re: ju993rnaut] #4093298 03/02/13 12:59 AM
T
TFF Caribou Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
My academys always seem to have. 40 and 556/223, but never 22. I work on the days they get trucks. Not everybody can just "go in the morning "

The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference. -George Washington
Re: Yes, it's getting better. [Re: TFF Caribou] #4095421 03/03/13 02:25 AM
P
Pierce Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
P
Keep your eyes peeled on the classifieds. I got a 1000rds of 40S&W for $320 the other day. Not too bad even before prices got out of hand.

Re: Yes, it's getting better. [Re: Ryan F.] #4096259 03/03/13 03:50 PM
H
Hooper21 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
H
Originally Posted By: Ryan F.
Originally Posted By: Kevin1
The Academy I go to (35-121 near Costco) is getting worst. Tonight they had NO ammo at all at the front desk. I'm under the impression that it's actually getting worst.
You guys can't go in the evening if you want ammo at Academy. The store here in Lubbock gets trucks on M-W and Friday. Academy has the cheapest prices on ammo and guns right now so it sells super fast. If you truly want ammo then go early in the morning. Ask the people working when they get their shipments in. The ammo still comes in like it does at our store but people are buying it all up. 9mm never lasts past 9-10AM and 22LR is about the same.

You guys are all just going about it the wrong way. Why go in the evening when it's all gone? Just go early in the morning on days the trucks come in and you will be pleasantly surprised.

9:00 in the morning is when most of us are at work, not trolling the ammo isles to see what we can snatch up. It's not because Academy has the cheapest price, it's because people are hoarding and/or buying up to flip at a higher price. The guy at the gun counter at our Wal Mart said the same guys come by every time they get a truck in at 2:00 so they're the first ones to get a pick. Sounds like hoarders or profiteers to me.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Re: Yes, it's getting better. [Re: scattergun] #4096371 03/03/13 04:38 PM
P
PiePuncher Offline
Tracker
Tracker
P
Walmart on clifford got a large shipment in. Had tons of. 22 & 40

Re: Yes, it's getting better. [Re: Hooper21] #4097766 03/04/13 04:47 AM
O
Oakysmoker Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
O
Originally Posted By: Hooper21
Originally Posted By: Kevin1
The Academy I go to (35-121 near Costco) is getting worst. Tonight they had NO ammo at all at the front desk. I'm under the impression that it's actually getting worst.
You guys can't go in the evening if you want ammo at Academy. The store here in Lubbock gets trucks on M-W and Friday. Academy has the cheapest prices on ammo and guns right now so it sells super fast. If you truly want ammo then go early in the morning. Ask the people working when they get their shipments in. The ammo still comes in like it does at our store but people are buying it all up. 9mm never lasts past 9-10AM and 22LR is about the same.

You guys are all just going about it the wrong way. Why go in the evening when it's all gone? Just go early in the morning on days the trucks come in and you will be pleasantly surprised.

9:00 in the morning is when most of us are at work, not trolling the ammo isles to see what we can snatch up. It's not because Academy has the cheapest price, it's because people are hoarding and/or buying up to flip at a higher price. The guy at the gun counter at our Wal Mart said the same guys come by every time they get a truck in at 2:00 so they're the first ones to get a pick. Sounds like hoarders or profiteers to me.

Sad to say, but you're probably right about the blood suckers. Saw lots of fresh looking boxes on tables at the local gun show that had been marked up 2-3x retail. If I see a vendor doing that I just walk on, will not do business with them, don't care what else they have on the table. Not all are doing it though, still some decent folks out there.

2nd Amendment: Use it or loose it.
Re: Yes, it's getting better. [Re: Ryan F.] #4099703 03/05/13 01:25 AM
M
mike1285 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
M
Originally Posted By: Mfloski
Tell academy to stop implementing gun and ammo control and end the limits!
Are you seriously so naive to think Academy is implementing gun and ammo control? How uninformed can you be?!?

They did that so that people couldn't buy tens of thousands of rounds of ammo at a time so that more customers could get a chance at ammo. They have been getting in just as much if not MORE ammo than before. People line up in the morning and buy as much as they can. The store I go to sometimes have 40-50 people lined up at 8 in the morning to buy ammo! I can't believe people think that Academy is trying to keep people from buying ammo.

This is true. I may not like it to come away with only one box of ammo but know the next guy will do the same.

Re: Yes, it's getting better. [Re: Texas Dan] #4102139 03/05/13 11:06 PM
M
Mfloski Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
Originally Posted By: Texas Dan
Originally Posted By: Mfloski
Tell academy to stop implementing gun and ammo control and end the limits!

Spoken like someone who might be looking to make a few bucks on those who can't stand in line because they work most mornings.

Spoken like someone making baseless assumptions! You couldn't be more wrong, my guns and ammo aren't for sale for any price. But when I wanna take my 25rnd magazine .22 or 30rnd magazine .223 to the range and can't buy enough to hardly fill up one mag....when they have a pile of it on the shelf....it pisses me off. Stood in line waiting on a guy to finish filling out paperwork to buy a pistol, he was buying his wife a gift who had just passed the CH class...he was buying one of those little derringers, academy had 4 on the shelf...he asked to see another pistol that he had been thinking about buying. He said you know what, I will take them both. The guy said sorry dude, only one a week!!!! Are you kidding me, why would any business say no to a paying customer! And considering what he was buying and the supply (and I would suggest low demand) of them crappy little derringers, I thought it was pathetic.

Free men own guns...Slaves don't!
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide