Print Thread
hunting license #409467 08/20/08 06:17 AM
T
texaschef Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
T
i was reading the new outdoor guide from TPW and under dove hunting. It said that you had to have the Federal Migritory Bird stamp along with the HIP cetification. does this mean you have to have the "Duck" stamp along with a Texas License? if so is this something new?

i hunt food, not trophies!
Re: hunting license [Re: texaschef] #409468 08/20/08 09:26 AM
S
SALTSTORM Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
The State dove stamp & State duck stamp is included w/ the Super Combo Lic but the Federal Duck stamp is not nor was it ever included w/ any form of the Texas license.

Start Your Six-Figure Storm Claims Career Today!
www.RealityRopeAccess.com
(936) 537-6759
Re: hunting license [Re: SALTSTORM] #409469 08/20/08 10:38 AM
T
TexasEd Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
you dont need the duck stamp for dove, only for waterfowl

Re: hunting license [Re: TexasEd] #409470 08/20/08 11:43 AM
K
kyotee1 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
K
Might be a little confusing (above) for some that haven't hunted migratory birds before and wanted to clarify the requirements.

To hunt ANY migratory birds in Texas, you must purchase a valid hunting license along with the Texas Migratory Bird Stamp endorsement and be HIP (Harvest Information Program). Make sure when you purchase your license and you plan on hunting any migratory birds or not, get HIP certified...you never know when someone may ask you to go on a migratory bird hunt and then you may not have it. The Super Combo comes with all state stamps both for hunting & fishing. There is no longer a state duck or white-wing dove stamp...those were combined into the Texas Migratory Bird stamp endorsement.

To hunt any waterfowl, you must also have the Federal Duck Stamp along with your license, Texas Migratory Bird Stamp and HIP certification. Then you're set for the season.

Texas Migratory Game Bird Stamp Endorsement (Type 168): $7
Required to hunt any migratory game bird (waterfowl, coot, rail, gallinule, snipe, dove, sandhill crane, and woodcock). A valid Federal Duck Stamp and HIP Certification are also required of waterfowl hunters 16 years of age or older. A free Federal Sandhill Crane Hunting Permit is required to hunt sandhill cranes.

Federal Migratory Bird Hunting and Conservation Stamp ("Duck Stamp"): $17
Required for all waterfowl hunters 16 years of age or older; available at most U.S. Post Offices, TPWD Law Enforcement offices, Austin HQ, and all license retail sales locations. The stamp must be signed on its face by the person using it. A valid hunting license, HIP Certification, and a valid Texas Migratory Game Bird Stamp endorsement are also required.

SPECIAL NOTE: No STATE stamp endorsements are required for anyone under 17 years of age (resident or non-resident), holders of Lifetime Resident Combination, or Lifetime Resident Hunting licenses. The youth hunting license and state stamp exemptions remain valid for the entire year.

Hope the above clears up about what one requires in order to hunt migratory birds.

Go Get'um!! And good luck to everyone...be safe and watch the others while hunting so they're practicing safe firearm handling.

Re: hunting license [Re: kyotee1] #409471 08/20/08 12:15 PM
S
Sethfish Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
you only need the license and stamps and tags, if tags are required to be placed on the animal you are hunting, when you are hunting on a piece of land that specifically requires it. Some examples of land that requires it are:
Land with green gates.
Land with red gates.
Land with cattle guards.
Land with barbwire gates without cattle guards.
Land with Trees.
Land with Grass.

They are not required on:
county roads statewide
large highways in both rural and municipal areas
city parks unless you are close the the playground, then you must have hunters ed to ensure the safety of all users.

Hope this helps. When you get your federal stamp make sure to get your teal tags.

Re: hunting license [Re: Sethfish] #409472 08/21/08 04:34 AM
T
texaschef Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
T
well i got the teal tag and i heard people were needing them like a whore needs crack so i bought the whole lot. i'm selling them for $25.

i hunt food, not trophies!
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide