Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Why would they need such targets? #4069638 02/20/13 08:55 PM
LRHead Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
http://www.infowars.com/dhs-supplier-provides-shooting-targets-of-american-gun-owners/

A provider of “realistic” shooting targets to the Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies has created a line of “non-traditional threat” targets that include pregnant women, mothers in playgrounds and elderly American gun owners.

Leonard
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life Member
Oklahoma Cleet Certified SDA Instructor
NRA Instructor
Firearms Self Defense/CQC Instructor
TRAIN HARD, LIVE FREE!
Re: Why would they need such targets? [Re: LRHead] #4069786 02/20/13 10:00 PM
C
Chuck McDonald Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
No big shock there.

Re: Why would they need such targets? [Re: Chuck McDonald] #4069873 02/20/13 10:27 PM
W
Walt Kowalski Offline
Tracker
Tracker
W
Sadly....the significance of this will be lost on a lot of folks here.

Get off my lawn.

“The evils of tyranny are rarely seen but by him who resists it.”
John Hay
Re: Why would they need such targets? [Re: Walt Kowalski] #4069955 02/20/13 10:55 PM
Mike W Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Walt Kowalski
Sadly....the significance of this will be lost on a lot of folks here.

Crazy isn't it? Using a pregnant woman as a target isn't my idea of LEO training. Maybe I just got old.. but the mere thought of using that little boy as a target makes my stomach turn.

This cannot be fixed at the voting booth.. Wake Up You Morons!
Re: Why would they need such targets? [Re: Mike W] #4069975 02/20/13 11:02 PM
T
tth_40 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Conditioning.

Let's see someone print out a target depicting DHS personnel.

I'll bet they'd barely see the light of day.

Originally Posted By: theserxtremedays
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
Re: Why would they need such targets? [Re: tth_40] #4070024 02/20/13 11:20 PM
S
Spacemonkey Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
You have to practice like its real to prevent mistakes when it is real. The bottom line is those targets are not real people and that pregnant women, children and elderly will likely be present In real world situations. I'm all for our agencies practicing with them if it prevents an accidental shooting in a real situation or the unnecessary death of an officer.

As for the targets holding guns. Unfortunately in our society today all of those do present a threat as well. Leo,s and fed agents may have to make that choice someday for real. If a pregnant woman, child or elderly is pointing a gun at them they will have to do what is necessary. Yeah the thought of shooting a child is not pleasant by any means. But that second of hesitation could mean the life of that officer.

Last edited by Spacemonkey; 02/20/13 11:46 PM.
Re: Why would they need such targets? [Re: Spacemonkey] #4070119 02/20/13 11:45 PM
W
Walt Kowalski Offline
Tracker
Tracker
W
These targets have kids, pregnant women and elderly folks holding guns. These targets are not for determining what NOT to shoot, they are designed to reduce hesitation. These targets ARE the bad guy targets.

What's odd about these targets is that white middle-class type people are the subjects....not your typical criminal type. And no people of color.

Accident?

Get off my lawn.

John Hay
Re: Why would they need such targets? [Re: Walt Kowalski] #4070131 02/20/13 11:48 PM
S
Spacemonkey Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
These targets have kids, pregnant women and elderly folks holding guns. These targets are not for determining what NOT to shoot, they are designed to reduce hesitation. These targets ARE the bad guy targets.

What's odd about these targets is that white middle-class type people are the subjects....not your typical criminal type. And no people of color.

Accident?

Yeah I updated my post as I did not see the guns in the pics when I first looked on my small phone screen

No they are not your typical criminal........ But it does happen more often than we would like. All races. white people too. As for the race of the targets. I'm not going there.....

Re: Why would they need such targets? [Re: Spacemonkey] #4070177 02/21/13 12:08 AM
T
tth_40 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: Spacemonkey

Accident?

As for the race of the targets. I'm not going there.....
You don't have to, it appears DHS already has.

Re: Why would they need such targets? [Re: tth_40] #4070201 02/21/13 12:17 AM
S
Spacemonkey Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
A child is a child. A pregnant woman is a pregnant woman. An elderly is an elderly. Please Leave your racial opinions out of this as it does nothing good for our society.

Re: Why would they need such targets? [Re: Spacemonkey] #4070275 02/21/13 12:50 AM
T
tth_40 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
You brought it up. I was merely agreeing with you.

No offense intended. cheers

Re: Why would they need such targets? [Re: tth_40] #4070347 02/21/13 01:11 AM
J
jab3006 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
I agree with anyone can be a threat, however kind of funny to me that these type of targets are being sent to the same agencies that are ordering millions of rounds of ammo, at the same time gun control is a hot topic. Makes me go hmmm! As far as the race of the folks, i agree it should not matter, however targets used by law enforcement are now blue, because some felt the old black targets were teaching us to shoot at a color. If that were true wouldnt the same be true with these targets. What area they teaching them to shoot at, the everyday American. Just an opinion. Not trying to stir the pot. stir peep

Re: Why would they need such targets? [Re: tth_40] #4070393 02/21/13 01:26 AM
S
Spacemonkey Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Originally Posted By: tth_40

Actually I did not bring it up. My post was in response to mr kowalski bringing it up. But no worries man. It's cool

Re: Why would they need such targets? [Re: tth_40] #4070444 02/21/13 01:44 AM
RKHarm24 Offline
sergeant
sergeant
Conditioning.

Let's see someone print out a target depicting DHS personnel.

I'll bet they'd barely see the light of day.

Desensitize the shooters!

http://www.killology.com/art_trained_methods.htm

Re: Why would they need such targets? [Re: jab3006] #4070467 02/21/13 01:53 AM
IronSpikeLabs Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: jab3006
I agree with anyone can be a threat, however kind of funny to me that these type of targets are being sent to the same agencies that are ordering millions of rounds of ammo, at the same time gun control is a hot topic. Makes me go hmmm! As far as the race of the folks, i agree it should not matter, however targets used by law enforcement are now blue, because some felt the old black targets were teaching us to shoot at a color. If that were true wouldnt the same be true with these targets. What area they teaching them to shoot at, the everyday American. Just an opinion. Not trying to stir the pot. stir peep

THANK YOU!!!! It's very simply, what I do with dogs day in and day out.... CONDITIONING. Act - don't think.

IRON SPIKE RANCH & KENNELS
Started & Prospective Gun Dog Pups
http://www.youtube.com/ironspikeranch
http://ironspikeranch.net
Re: Why would they need such targets? [Re: Spacemonkey] #4070668 02/21/13 02:44 AM
10ring Offline
Tracker
Tracker
I would like to know if these targets are indeed real or internet propaganda. I will do a little personal research before I buy into it. But as others have said I wouldn't be surprised if they are an actual product on the market. But I guess there is no reason to believe a pregnant mother or old man or young kid couldn't pose a threat. Especially if we are all talking about and pushing the "come and take it movement "with our family and friends. If we all take that stance and talk about it we need to be prepared to have our family included in that decision. Just saying... If someone ever wanted to take our guns they would need to be conditioned to take em from whoever.

Re: Why would they need such targets? [Re: 10ring] #4070684 02/21/13 02:48 AM
IronSpikeLabs Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: 10ring
If someone ever wanted to take our guns they would need to be conditioned to take em from whoever.

Exactly. And therein lies the problem. Because NO ONE has the right to "take our guns." The right to bear arms is constitutionally protected. The point IS, they are preparing to take our guns at any cost - including murdering children and pregnant women. And it would be murder because there is no crime in defending one's rights.

Last edited by IronSpikeLabs; 02/21/13 02:48 AM.

IRON SPIKE RANCH & KENNELS
Started & Prospective Gun Dog Pups
http://www.youtube.com/ironspikeranch
http://ironspikeranch.net
Re: Why would they need such targets? [Re: IronSpikeLabs] #4070699 02/21/13 02:52 AM
10ring Offline
Tracker
Tracker
You hit the nail on the head Iron Spike.

Re: Why would they need such targets? [Re: 10ring] #4070772 02/21/13 03:12 AM
E
E-Cigrettman Offline
Tracker
Tracker
E
I saw this last night but was unable to verify due to the activity on the target makers website or problems with my computer.

The thing is that those pictures to me do not represent people that are hostile by judging their facial expressions but people that are defending themselves.

Re: Why would they need such targets? [Re: Spacemonkey] #4070775 02/21/13 03:13 AM
W
Walt Kowalski Offline
Tracker
Tracker
W
Originally Posted By: Spacemonkey

Actually I did not bring it up. My post was in response to mr kowalski bringing it up. But no worries man. It's cool

You're right. I brought it up. I didn't like bringing it up, but it was just so obvious that I felt like it could not possibly be accidental that there are no representations from any other ethnic background. And I assure you, had all the the targets been either Black or Hispanic, this story would have been picked up by someone other than just the alternative media.

But have you heard about this in the MSM? Me neither.

But I think this is also significant because DHS came out with a report some time back that identified conservatives, right-wingers, Christians, Tea Partiers, gun-owners and returning veterans who believe in the Constitution and traditional values as potential terrorists. Also....the DHS produced a video for their "See Something, Say Something" campaign, where all of the terrorists were Caucasians. And they weren't some low-life druggie types either. Nope. All looked like good ol' middle-class people. The kind of folks that people usually would associate with law abiding citizens.

Since whites represent an overwhelming percentage of the above groups (with the exception of returning veterans), it gives one cause to wonder just exactly what is going on.

For just once, we need to lay aside the political correct BS and be willing to look at things squarely in the face.

I don't like looking at this issue in this light at all. But it is there. And pretending that it is not, will not make it go away.

I would have hoped that by this time in our national experience, we would have set aside racial divides altogether. But it persists. And when you have those who occupy some of the highest offices in country actually doing the race baiting, it does not help.

Get off my lawn.

John Hay
Re: Why would they need such targets? [Re: E-Cigrettman] #4070778 02/21/13 03:14 AM
W
Walt Kowalski Offline
Tracker
Tracker
W
Originally Posted By: E-Cigrettman
I saw this last night but was unable to verify due to the activity on the target makers website or problems with my computer.

The thing is that those pictures to me do not represent people that are hostile by judging their facial expressions but people that are defending themselves.

I think their servers were getting slammed.

And you make an excellent observation.

Get off my lawn.

John Hay
Re: Why would they need such targets? [Re: 10ring] #4070787 02/21/13 03:15 AM
W
Walt Kowalski Offline
Tracker
Tracker
W
Originally Posted By: 10ring
I would like to know if these targets are indeed real or internet propaganda. I will do a little personal research before I buy into it. But as others have said I wouldn't be surprised if they are an actual product on the market. But I guess there is no reason to believe a pregnant mother or old man or young kid couldn't pose a threat. Especially if we are all talking about and pushing the "come and take it movement "with our family and friends. If we all take that stance and talk about it we need to be prepared to have our family included in that decision. Just saying... If someone ever wanted to take our guns they would need to be conditioned to take em from whoever.

I called the company today. They made no effort to deny that these targets are theirs.

Get off my lawn.

John Hay
Re: Why would they need such targets? [Re: Walt Kowalski] #4071237 02/21/13 12:18 PM
S
stinkbelly Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Looks like the criminals are getting a free pass from the government over the last couple of months. They are only going after the law abiding citizens.

Re: Why would they need such targets? [Re: stinkbelly] #4071303 02/21/13 12:57 PM
sig226fan (Rguns.com) Offline
duck & cover
duck & cover
Wonder why targets are green, blue and orange now?

Re: Why would they need such targets? [Re: sig226fan (Rguns.com)] #4071666 02/21/13 03:01 PM
coreybasshunter Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
I will probably get slammed for this, but I don't have a problem with these targets.
Our officers face threats on a daily basis and this is just teaching them to look for the threat in the not so obvious places. The fact is that Leo's have been shot by children, women and elderly because they assumed they weren't a threat this teaches them to at least look.

Also they are taught that not every situation is a shoot situation just because there is a gun. These targets are used in shoot houses where the officer has to determine (by looking at things like facial expressions, attitude and body posture ) wether it is shoot or no shoot!

If these were used as strictly range targets, where the officers get de sensitized to shooting these type of people) that would have me concerned!

I know hundreds of Leo and military all of which I know I won't have to worry about as a threat if things get bad!

I am totally against gun control! But I also will not fall for every conspiracy theory that people will bring up!

Keep em huntin and they wont have time to get in trouble!! And remember RESPECT goes a long way!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide