Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: I'm shocked....open carry. [Re: Erathkid] #4054091 02/14/13 10:58 PM
S
Sims Custom Knives Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
the only reason i would like open cary is so i can cary a full size gun and not have to worry about concealing it. The small compact pistols just dont fit me well.

Re: I'm shocked....open carry. [Re: Sims Custom Knives] #4055263 02/15/13 08:01 AM
T
Tikker Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
T
I'm shocked Texas doesn't allow open carry. Since I've moved to Georgia & got a permit to carry, I've always carried concealed. Untill recently when I had to use my main carry weapon in defense situation, I've had to use my 5" 1911. Since the main ccw is held as evidence till the dirtbags get convicted & they no longer need it for evidence I should get it back.

So thankfuly I don't have to try to conceal my 1911. Its just to bulky/heavy to try. I never had anyone ridicule me over it. Just a few people have aproach me to ask what it is & admire it.

My holster also has a rention on it. A Binanchi, has a big'ol rubber loop w/leather thumb tab. Holds it tight & I never have to worry about it. Most times I have a jacket, but I carry in Starbucks, grocery stores & Wal-Mart with no problems.

I'm very much interested in moving to Texas. I feel the laws there seem to protect individuals that are forced to protect themselves better than most. Hopefuly this open carry is taken care of down there. I can't imagine that I would have to worry if my gun imprinted on my shirt or not when concealed. I don't realy care for baggy clothes.

Re: I'm shocked....open carry. [Re: Tikker] #4055781 02/15/13 03:23 PM
Superduty Online Content OP
"The Regulator"
OP Online Content
"The Regulator"
Originally Posted By: Tikker
I'm shocked Texas doesn't allow open carry. Since I've moved to Georgia & got a permit to carry, I've always carried concealed. Untill recently when I had to use my main carry weapon in defense situation, I've had to use my 5" 1911. Since the main ccw is held as evidence till the dirtbags get convicted & they no longer need it for evidence I should get it back.

So thankfuly I don't have to try to conceal my 1911. Its just to bulky/heavy to try. I never had anyone ridicule me over it. Just a few people have aproach me to ask what it is & admire it.

My holster also has a rention on it. A Binanchi, has a big'ol rubber loop w/leather thumb tab. Holds it tight & I never have to worry about it. Most times I have a jacket, but I carry in Starbucks, grocery stores & Wal-Mart with no problems.

I'm very much interested in moving to Texas. I feel the laws there seem to protect individuals that are forced to protect themselves better than most. Hopefuly this open carry is taken care of down there. I can't imagine that I would have to worry if my gun imprinted on my shirt or not when concealed. I don't realy care for baggy clothes.

Tikker are you allowed to elaborate on why you had to use your firearm?

Shane

'It's Only Treason if You Lose."
Re: I'm shocked....open carry. [Re: blackcoal] #4057087 02/15/13 11:37 PM
T
Tumbleweeds Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
Although I wouldn't open carry very often, I support open carry. I also don't think the open carry option should be linked to whether you have a CCW like the present proposed law wants you to do.

"I once shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know." - Groucho Marks
Re: I'm shocked....open carry. [Re: Superduty] #4057827 02/16/13 09:26 AM
T
Tikker Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
T
[quote=Superduty
Tikker are you allowed to elaborate on why you had to use your firearm?

Shane

[/quote]

Since I am not being prosecuted over this case & it was deemed a justified case of self defense I don't see a reaason not tell my story. If anything maybe someone will learn something from it.

I was backing out of a hotel parking spot in the morning to pick up my g/f. After backing out a man began to cross the street as a I put it into drive. I waited with my foot on the brake till he crossed in front & then I decided to step on the gas. Well after a long cold night the pedal got stiff & cause me to suddenly gas it & rev the engine. Well the guy turned around & walked up to my window yelling at me saying I'm trying to run him over. I look at him & think he's nuts & drive off. At the exit a van was waiting to pull out so I had to brake behind him. The guy behind me was still pissed & saw my brake lights & started charging down the parking lot after my truck. I just had my trucks body work fixed so I didn't feel like having some guy beat on it. I stepped out & he was still running at me. He was shorter than I & decided to pick his speed up faster and he then tackled me into my truck. With me pinned on my seat & him chewing at my neck and trying to get hits in where he can. I try to get him off me. After a min or two, two guys come up & I think they will help pull the guy off me. Before I realized it they started to hit me. I endure this for another min I guess, gouging the guy on top of me in the eye & it not working. I fear he will feel my gun tucked in my back pants. So fearing for a struggle for my gun I pulled it out and fired a shot. I hit the guy on top of me, the bullet bounced off the second guy that waas hitting my legs since there was only room for two guys on top of me in my truck. They scramble & I call 911. Well his whole family is out, & his father starts beating on my truck window. I'm on the phone with a dispatcher when a 4 door F150 with 4 guys pulls up and gets out to start beating on my truck. I'm surrounded, & thinking my window will crash in any second. Finally a cop shows up and takes me into custody.
In the end, the guy was pissed off at the front desk girl for not giving him a coupon rate for a second night with out the coupon & I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. It turned out the whole family were a gypsy group that traveled from Nevada I think with stolen Texas dealer tags that were around 4 or 5 years old. The three were charged with battery & his mother was charged with giving a false statement to a police offiicer. The lady got the worst of it since its a felony charge. Thankfuly there were video camera's to prove my story since the whole group was willing to lie about what happened.

That day I feel the dice were stacked against me. First with the guy, then the sticky pedal, then the van that made me stop & then the fact that it was a gypsy family that likes to fight in a groups. I kept thinking the whole time about the Trevon Martin case in Florida. But I kept my head & shot only once since it was enough to make them flee. No one died, so maybe next time the guy will learn to keep his cool.

I hope I never have to pull my gun again, but I'm glad I had it on me that day. Otherwise I don't know how long I would have been stuck in that truck defending against 3 or more guys all over a stupid misunderstanding.

Re: I'm shocked....open carry. [Re: texretvet] #4058451 02/16/13 05:21 PM
M
Magicglock Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
M
Originally Posted By: texretvet
I think I should be able to carry a gun anytime and anywhere I want, whether concealed or out in the open. Shouldn't have to have a license to do so either.

I probably never would open carry, but that right should not be suppressed.

Once you start putting ANY type of stipulations on things like this, you are no better than the gun grabbers.

I agree...tired of fighting to get back what is already guaranteed by the constitution.

Re: I'm shocked....open carry. [Re: Magicglock] #4060306 02/17/13 03:54 PM
G
Greedy1 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
G
That situation is exactly the reason why regularly carry and convinced my wife to get her permit. And made sure she when and how to use her weapon well. Would much prefer for her or me to risk prosecution than be dead or in the hospital.

Re: I'm shocked....open carry. [Re: blackcoal] #4061533 02/18/13 01:46 AM
H
Hogkellum Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
H
I have no problem with either one ! Open carry or Beards

Re: I'm shocked....open carry. [Re: theserxtremedays] #4063418 02/18/13 07:48 PM
R
roxie Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
R
Originally Posted By: theserxtremedays
I wouldn't mind having the option, but I would prefer to cc, I'd rather people not know when I am carrying.
Ditto.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide