Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Archangel Stock for Mosin Nagant [Re: JWP58] #4013659 02/01/13 04:22 AM
texretvet Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: JWP58
So lighten up a gun that is notorious for being a mule? Sounds like a great idea.

I guess if you want to blow more money on a mosin than what its worth, go for it. Or you could just start with a decent gun to begin with.....

Oh OK, I see your point now. Maybe you should just tell us which guns we should buy. That way we will be sure to get a decent gun and not waste our money on a "mule."

Thank God you're here; I almost wasted my money.

Re: Archangel Stock for Mosin Nagant [Re: texretvet] #4013901 02/01/13 07:00 AM
T
tth_40 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
I'm outta this one.

Originally Posted By: theserxtremedays
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
Re: Archangel Stock for Mosin Nagant [Re: tth_40] #4016799 02/02/13 05:45 AM
T
thedoveshooter Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
T
Though I am a Milsurp guy, I do like that it required no alteration of the original parts/stock.

That stock would probably help accuracy tremendously. Those rifles may be cheap, but when floated and with a good trigger they are damn accurate.

Don't knock 'til you try it....

Re: Archangel Stock for Mosin Nagant [Re: jab3006] #4018260 02/02/13 11:50 PM
J
JWP58 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
J
Originally Posted By: jab3006
Well as long as i am not spending your money, dont worry about it. No reason to get worked up over how i spend my money. Is it cost effective? Heck no! Is is it cool to me? Heck yes! I gave about 40 bucks for my first nagant. If i fix it up with that stock, and a scope i will have 300 or so in a bolt action, removeable box mag gun that shoots pretty darn good. Seems like fun and something a little different to me. My opinion, my time, my money.

Cool story. You could save some cash and just pickup a "idiot" bumpersticker instead.

I really dont give a crap if its your gun. The stock is pointless. It cost MORE than the gun, and the gun isnt even moderately exspensive. If you dont want opinions, dont post on a PUBLIC forum.

It is entirely ridiculous to compare this to a Rem 700 in a Accuracy International stock. Why? Because a ACIS isnt a piece of crap, and the Rem 700 isnt an $80.00 milsurp.

Yes you cant paint a turd gold, but you still only have a golden turd.

Fact is for what a Mosin Nagant is, its accurate enough in stock form. There is absolutely no reason to mod one. Spend the cash on ammo and actually shoot the dang thing.

But hey, the folks at Archangel arent stupid. Make some cheapo plastic stock for a cheapo milsurp and the bubba tactifools will go nuts.

So where do you mount the vertical forward grip and lasers on this stock????? lol lol

Re: Archangel Stock for Mosin Nagant [Re: JWP58] #4018539 02/03/13 01:31 AM
J
jab3006 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
They only sell those bumper stickers in WY. I checked and they said they sold the last one to you. Dang the luck!

Hate that we hurt your feelings because we like it.

Re: Archangel Stock for Mosin Nagant [Re: JWP58] #4018587 02/03/13 01:52 AM
Core-Lokt Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Quote:
Why? Because a ACIS isnt a piece of crap, and the Rem 700 isnt an $80.00 milsurp.
What makes you say the Archangel stock is a "piece of crap" when it's not even on the market yet? From what I saw in the video, the stock has bedding pillars pre-installed, the barrel channel is free-floating, it has a barrel tensioning screw to tune the groups and a DBM. Take away subjective styling preferences and it sounds like good value for the money. Taking your point about the M-N being accurate enough in stock form and no need to modify one, would that not apply equally to the Remington? And Yes, the AICS is a fine product-at~6X the MSRP of the Archangel in the least-costly iteration, it ought to be good.

You know, you don't have to like it. But why you have to hate it eludes me. I think it's great that folks short on money have an option and I applaud Archangel's innovation.

Core-Lokt:The deadliest mushroom in the woods
Re: Archangel Stock for Mosin Nagant [Re: Core-Lokt] #4018649 02/03/13 02:29 AM
P
psycho0819 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
OK, I'll start by saying I like the stock, and might even pick one up when they hit the streets.

But.....

Who of us that like the M-N stocks absolutely hate these?

http://usagunblog.com/?p=535

Tolerance is the virtue of a man without conviction.

The end of the world began the day it was created, and life is a sexually transmitted terminal disease.

Re: Archangel Stock for Mosin Nagant [Re: psycho0819] #4018686 02/03/13 02:47 AM
J
jab3006 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
Originally Posted By: psycho0819
OK, I'll start by saying I like the stock, and might even pick one up when they hit the streets.

But.....

Who of us that like the M-N stocks absolutely hate these?

http://usagunblog.com/?p=535

Yea, i am with you on the tactical 30-30!

Re: Archangel Stock for Mosin Nagant [Re: JWP58] #4018840 02/03/13 03:46 AM
C
cskiff Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
C
[/quote]

Cool story. You could save some cash and just pickup a "idiot" bumpersticker instead.

I really dont give a crap if its your gun. The stock is pointless. It cost MORE than the gun, and the gun isnt even moderately exspensive. If you dont want opinions, dont post on a PUBLIC forum.

It is entirely ridiculous to compare this to a Rem 700 in a Accuracy International stock. Why? Because a ACIS isnt a piece of crap, and the Rem 700 isnt an $80.00 milsurp.

Yes you cant paint a turd gold, but you still only have a golden turd.

Fact is for what a Mosin Nagant is, its accurate enough in stock form. There is absolutely no reason to mod one. Spend the cash on ammo and actually shoot the dang thing.

But hey, the folks at Archangel arent stupid. Make some cheapo plastic stock for a cheapo milsurp and the bubba tactifools will go nuts.

So where do you mount the vertical forward grip and lasers on this stock????? lol lol [/quote]

I just stumbled across this page while looking for Nagant parts. But for some strange reason this fella seems bitter about a Russian rifle.

While the stock might cost more than what the rifle sell for. There is a thing called supply and demand and when you have practically a slave labor force under Communism cranking out a ton of these weapons dirt cheap it effects the laws of supply and demand. Now we have surplus of these guns and not as much demand. That makes these guns cheap but they are worth much more than they sell for.

So you take a hundred dollar rifle that shoots a .30 caliber bullet add a upgraded stock with a magazine, and you put in a better trigger. You have 400 bucks in a rifle that will probably shoot comparatively with a .308 rifle costing much more. Will it out shoot a Remington 700 probably not..... but looking at ammo prices today .308 is even hard to find and its going for almost a buck a bullet. You can still easy find 7.62x54r and its cheap.

You are knocking a stock that has not been released yet. With it's free floating barrel and improved butt stock it could greatly help in shooting accuracy plus it offers a 10 round mag.

The 7.62x54r caliber is like the .22 lr but in a large caliber. I don't know how many rounds you put there your guns a week but it can get expensive or time consuming if you reload. The nagant meets that requirement and any improvement would be for the best.

Let me leave you with this there was a Finnish sniper that had 500+ confirmed kills using a modified Nagant. So a Nagant is definitely not worth upgrading .

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide