Print Thread
Training Land/Partner Rockwall Area #3991685 01/25/13 03:05 PM
C
Carlton Greer Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
C
I have lived in Rockwall for 5 years and have a dog that I am training on my own ussually after 5 pm. I have my own equipment but do not have access to land with water other than my neighborhood pond.

I also have to throw my marks remotly so if someone is in the same boat maybe we can help each other out.

Re: Training Land/Partner Rockwall Area [Re: Carlton Greer] #3992350 01/25/13 06:36 PM
shooterwalter Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Please come see what we offer for training fields and 4 ponds of water.

www.poetryshootingclub.com

Gun Dog Training, Flighty Quail

Guided/Unguided Quail Hunting

Group Events/Parties

700 Yard Range

CLOSE TO DALLAS

Take a youth shooting

214-728-2755

By appointment always and you shoot in private.

Re: Training Land/Partner Rockwall Area [Re: Carlton Greer] #3992352 01/25/13 06:37 PM
shooterwalter Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Please come see what we offer for training fields and 4 ponds of water.

We are very close

www.poetryshootingclub.com

Gun Dog Training, Flighty Quail

Guided/Unguided Quail Hunting

Group Events/Parties

700 Yard Range

CLOSE TO DALLAS

Take a youth shooting

214-728-2755

By appointment always and you shoot in private.

Re: Training Land/Partner Rockwall Area [Re: shooterwalter] #3992616 01/25/13 08:03 PM
B
Birdhunter61 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
B
Rockwall Retriever club-

Robby

Re: Training Land/Partner Rockwall Area [Re: Birdhunter61] #3992781 01/25/13 08:50 PM
C
Carlton Greer Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
C
Does rockwall retriever club have a website or details

Re: Training Land/Partner Rockwall Area [Re: Carlton Greer] #3992910 01/25/13 09:30 PM
A
Angie B Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A
Originally Posted By: Coastal_Texan

Actually I don't think they really have anything going on right now. They did put on a few FT and a few HT's but the active members moved. I've heard rumors of a HT starting up again but I find it hard to believe that the personalities involved will be able to make a go of it.

We shall see,,, I would look into a HRC club. Plenty of those around the Dallas area.

Angie

"Developing the Potential"
www.tiogaretrievers.com
Re: Training Land/Partner Rockwall Area [Re: Angie B] #3995680 01/26/13 10:00 PM
J
junfan68 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
Quote:

Actually I don't think they really have anything going on right now. They did put on a few FT and a few HT's but the active members moved. I've heard rumors of a HT starting up again but I find it hard to believe that the personalities involved will be able to make a go of it.

We shall see,,, I would look into a HRC club. Plenty of those around the Dallas area.

Angie

Rockwall RC will be having a full AKC Field Trial this spring. We are discussing having an AKC HT but not anything firm. Club is now 'active', with some new leadership replacing those who moved out of the area, and those who have stepped aside.

We are set up for field trials, and as of now do not have the equipment (wingers) to put on a hunt test, and we don't have reservoir of HT judges. We are open to doing it, but we would need some active HT oriented people/pros to help us put it on.

If any of you might want to participate, or have any suggestions, let me know.

Re: Training Land/Partner Rockwall Area [Re: junfan68] #3995855 01/26/13 11:12 PM
A
Angie B Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A
Originally Posted By: junfan68
Quote:

Angie

Rockwall RC will be having a full AKC Field Trial this spring. We are discussing having an AKC HT but not anything firm. Club is now 'active', with some new leadership replacing those who moved out of the area, and those who have stepped aside.

We are set up for field trials, and as of now do not have the equipment (wingers) to put on a hunt test, and we don't have reservoir of HT judges. We are open to doing it, but we would need some active HT oriented people/pros to help us put it on.

That's awesome!!! I'm thrilled to hear it. I thought Dan Kielty was on board with the hunt test? If not you may want to contact Eddie Noga.

I'd help you in a heart beat but I do Metro Alliance's hunt test...

Pro's need to be more active supporting their lively hood.

Angie

"Developing the Potential"
www.tiogaretrievers.com
Re: Training Land/Partner Rockwall Area [Re: Angie B] #3996517 01/27/13 02:41 AM
B
Birdhunter61 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
B
Originally Posted By: Angie B
Originally Posted By: junfan68
Quote:

Angie

That's awesome!!! I'm thrilled to hear it. I thought Dan Kielty was on board with the hunt test? If not you may want to contact Eddie Noga.

I'd help you in a heart beat but I do Metro Alliance's hunt test...

Pro's need to be more active supporting their lively hood.

Angie

^^ Yup

Robby

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide