We gotta get them together sometime and let'em run

Re: Collars and puppies... [Re: Bluetick] #3971581 01/20/13 02:44 AM
A
Angie B Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A
Originally Posted By: Bluetick
If you have to take your dog to dog training classes which is a waste of money your a very incompetent owner and handler.IF you cant get your dogs to do the basics you shouldn't own a dog. And if that dog has aggression issues send him on down the road (im putting that in nice terms).

You really didn't just post this did you???

Having a bad day???

Angie

"Developing the Potential"
www.tiogaretrievers.com
Re: Collars and puppies... [Re: Angie B] #3972034 01/20/13 06:53 AM
B
Bluetick Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
B
Originally Posted By: Angie B
Originally Posted By: Bluetick
If you have to take your dog to dog training classes which is a waste of money your a very incompetent owner and handler.IF you cant get your dogs to do the basics you shouldn't own a dog. And if that dog has aggression issues send him on down the road (im putting that in nice terms).

You really didn't just post this did you???

Having a bad day???

Angie

Absolutely not that is the way i see it...Why waste money on something that you should do your self..Ive owned tons of coon dogs and a hard nose handler and owner.Either they act rite and do rite or they get culled quick.Ive trained a few other breeds..Example my gf weiner dog i put the shock collar on him full blast and he acted rite fast.many people are scared to have a firm handle on there dogs when they need it most thats were problems start.Example dogs growls when the hand that feeds it you better let that dog know who feeds it quick and fast if not its trouble forever.If it dont learn fast it gets culled in my kennel and thats a fact. many people take gun dogs and hounds as pets which is a big mistake and wonder why they so rowdy and energized.

Last edited by Bluetick; 01/20/13 06:53 AM.

Home of Ukc Dual Grand Akc NiteChampion Pkc Silver Fat Cactus Ike
DualChampion 'PR' Cotton Eye Joe
'PR' Ikes Little BL.Reaper

Treeing coons all nite long.Wouldnt have it any other way.
Re: Collars and puppies... [Re: Bluetick] #3972043 01/20/13 07:04 AM
B
Bluetick Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
B
Guess coon hunters think diffrenet than most..that first dog in my sig started him at 5 mths old on a e collar and he was the best hound i will ever have had 3 diffrenet kennel club champion and he was hard headed..but i could call him of a track and a tree if i wanted to and a 7 moths old he would heel,stay and come whenever i wanted him to.

Last edited by Bluetick; 01/20/13 07:09 AM.

Re: Collars and puppies... [Re: Bluetick] #3972057 01/20/13 07:24 AM
C
changedmyname Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
You might make sense if anyone was talking about hounds on this thread.

Re: Collars and puppies... [Re: changedmyname] #3972280 01/20/13 02:19 PM
Sniper John Offline
gumshoe
gumshoe
Bluetick,
I am no stranger to coonhounds. I even used to say hounds are not dogs. They are above dogs, they are hounds. I have a great love for them.
http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3487417
http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2004056

I have trained all my own hounds and dogs over the years. I did incredible things with my first Vizsla and working on my second. Now I am not a professional trainer in any sense and yes I made lots of mistakes along the way, but trust me when I say your advice for training hounds on this thread so far has absolutely no relevence for a 3 +/- month old Vizsla pup. They are not the same.

BTW, now I say Vizslas are not dogs. They are above dogs (and hounds), they are Vizslas.

Re: Collars and puppies... [Re: Sniper John] #3972426 01/20/13 03:22 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Sniper John likes all dogs from vizslas on down.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Collars and puppies... [Re: Sniper John] #3972929 01/20/13 06:43 PM
B
Bluetick Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
B
Originally Posted By: Sniper John
Bluetick,
I am no stranger to coonhounds. I even used to say hounds are not dogs. They are above dogs, they are hounds. I have a great love for them.
http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3487417
http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2004056

I have trained all my own hounds and dogs over the years. I did incredible things with my first Vizsla and working on my second. Now I am not a professional trainer in any sense and yes I made lots of mistakes along the way, but trust me when I say your advice for training hounds on this thread so far has absolutely no relevence for a 3 +/- month old Vizsla pup. They are not the same.

BTW, now I say Vizslas are not dogs. They are above dogs (and hounds), they are Vizslas.

Im sorry for going on a rant.Did my research of the breed.And by my findings the dogs are a timid breed..Ive just owned hounds and beagles and thats the only way ive had luck with them.And assume other dogs are like that. You understand as a fellow coonhunter our mentality in the coondog world. I have just one speed and thats either get rite or be gone mind set.

Re: Collars and puppies... [Re: Bluetick] #3974552 01/21/13 03:26 AM
Sniper John Offline
gumshoe
gumshoe
"Vizsla igen-farkas nem" Translated from hungarian; there just aren't any Wolves when there's a Vizsla around. You are misunderstanding "soft". You are confusing temperment with timid. Vizsla's after 100s of years of breeding to be companions have a lot of heart and are fast learners. Game shyness they do not possess. With all hunting breeds as a whole, timid is not a breed trait. It is something that is learned by improper handling or bad experiences.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide