Forums46
Topics538,124
Posts9,733,242
Members87,069
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s [Re: 7.62operator] #3954072 01/15/13 06:34 AM
W
Walt Kowalski Offline
Tracker
Tracker
W
Originally Posted By: 7.62operator
That being said, I agree, there are the ones that won't try to help themselves and will always be looking for a hand out. But there are a lot of people now days that live check to check with not a lot of extra in between checks. Makes it kinda hard to stockpile and take care of a family at the same time. Not everyone has been fortunate enough to land high paying jobs. And before you start lumping me in with the ones waiting for hand outs, I have been career law enforcement officer 25yrs. I have never drawn unemployment or disability. Do I have the stockpile of items I wish I had, no, but I have managed to stockpile some things including ammo, over the last year or so. I downsized my firearms collection and standardized on just a couple of common calibers and have bought a box or two of ammo every couple of paydays. Your right, there may come a time when some real hard choices have to be made. We had all better be praying we never have to make those choices, because when that time comes it is going to get real ugly.

No....I hear ya. And I wasn't lumping you in with the ones with the entitlement mentality. And I am with you when it comes to not having a lot of disposable income. I've cut back on a lot of recreational activities and things, just so I could try to prepare for what's coming. Sold my motorcycle. Sold my boat. I drive a 10 year-old truck and a 17 year-old car. And my daughter and son-in-law fall into that category of people just living paycheck to paycheck...and still coming up short. And let me tell you, if it comes down to choosing between feeding the neighbors.....(who spend their time watching American Idol, Jersey Shore and Dancing With The Stars, and who won't listen for five minutes when you try to encourage them to take some personal responsibility)....and helping my Daughter, son-in-law and grandkids...I guess you know who is going to get help and who isn't.

Like you....I don't want to make those choices. But sometimes they are forced upon us anyway. It's best to at least try to think it through before it happens.

I totally agree with you. There are a lot of hard attitudes out there. You only have to watch them rioting over the newest Nike athletic shoes to figure that one out. So it's going to get real fun when it's food,fuel and water they're fighting over.

cheers

Get off my lawn.

“The evils of tyranny are rarely seen but by him who resists it.”
John Hay
Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s [Re: Dave B] #3954290 01/15/13 01:06 PM
K
kyle1974 Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: Dave B
Be more than happy to send you a box of 223 for free Kyle @ my expense, if your intended purpose is for your son to shoot.

thanks for the offer Dave, but Sig has a box he'll sell me. You're good people my friend!

I have some 223 ammo, but I was just looking for what his rifle was already sighted in for (or at least some conventional jacketed soft points), not the 223 FMJ's I have in the locker.

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s [Re: kyle1974] #3954396 01/15/13 01:49 PM
K
kyle1974 Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
K
I guess what's really funny is all these people jsut now stocking up... where were you 4 years ago whe nObama was elected the first time? banana

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s [Re: kyle1974] #3954453 01/15/13 02:04 PM
Mike W Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
The better question is where were you?

The only folks complaining are the ones who didn't see this coming. And the only ones who didn't see this coming, were the ones not paying attention when the truth was being told about this guy and his associates.

If you can't run down to wally world and get ammo for your kid's gun, how is that the fault of AR15 owners? You should have already had ammo..

This cannot be fixed at the voting booth.. Wake Up You Morons!
Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s [Re: Walt Kowalski] #3954551 01/15/13 02:28 PM
T
tth_40 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: Walt Kowalski
Originally Posted By: 7.62operator
That being said, I agree, there are the ones that won't try to help themselves and will always be looking for a hand out. But there are a lot of people now days that live check to check with not a lot of extra in between checks. Makes it kinda hard to stockpile and take care of a family at the same time. Not everyone has been fortunate enough to land high paying jobs. And before you start lumping me in with the ones waiting for hand outs, I have been career law enforcement officer 25yrs. I have never drawn unemployment or disability. Do I have the stockpile of items I wish I had, no, but I have managed to stockpile some things including ammo, over the last year or so. I downsized my firearms collection and standardized on just a couple of common calibers and have bought a box or two of ammo every couple of paydays. Your right, there may come a time when some real hard choices have to be made. We had all better be praying we never have to make those choices, because when that time comes it is going to get real ugly.

No....I hear ya. And I wasn't lumping you in with the ones with the entitlement mentality. And I am with you when it comes to not having a lot of disposable income. I've cut back on a lot of recreational activities and things, just so I could try to prepare for what's coming. Sold my motorcycle. Sold my boat. I drive a 10 year-old truck and a 17 year-old car. And my daughter and son-in-law fall into that category of people just living paycheck to paycheck...and still coming up short. And let me tell you, if it comes down to choosing between feeding the neighbors.....(who spend their time watching American Idol, Jersey Shore and Dancing With The Stars, and who won't listen for five minutes when you try to encourage them to take some personal responsibility)....and helping my Daughter, son-in-law and grandkids...I guess you know who is going to get help and who isn't.

Like you....I don't want to make those choices. But sometimes they are forced upon us anyway. It's best to at least try to think it through before it happens.

I totally agree with you. There are a lot of hard attitudes out there. You only have to watch them rioting over the newest Nike athletic shoes to figure that one out. So it's going to get real fun when it's food,fuel and water they're fighting over.

cheers
Couldn't have said it better myself. cheers

It all comes down to personal responsibility, a term as rare as "common sense" in our society now. People in general just don't seem to have much of either anymore.

I am hoping things will return to normal soon (and I really think they will), but in case I am doing my own "normalcy bias" thing I am prepared if they don't.

Originally Posted By: theserxtremedays
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s [Re: Mike W] #3954905 01/15/13 03:51 PM
K
kyle1974 Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: Mike W
The better question is where were you?

The only folks complaining are the ones who didn't see this coming. And the only ones who didn't see this coming, were the ones not paying attention when the truth was being told about this guy and his associates.

If you can't run down to wally world and get ammo for your kid's gun, how is that the fault of AR15 owners? You should have already had ammo..

sorry..I didn't buy the gun until a couple years ago.

do you make a habit out of buying ammo for guns you don't own?

Last edited by kyle1974; 01/15/13 03:51 PM.
Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s [Re: kyle1974] #3955152 01/15/13 04:48 PM
Mike W Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: kyle1974

Did you not realize until last week that you owned that gun? You bought the gun 2 years ago, the stories were already far and wide about what this president's stance on gun control was. You didn't bother buying ammo for the gun you bought 2 years ago? And you hate AR15 owners why?

No need to hate AR15 owners just because you ignored the info.

This cannot be fixed at the voting booth.. Wake Up You Morons!
Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s [Re: tth_40] #3955231 01/15/13 05:07 PM
Paluxy300blk Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: tth_40
Put yourself outside the stupidity this year. It may take some time to do, but it sure is nice when you get it done.

Get your reloading gear and components together over time. If you are expecting to buy everything at once at this point in time, it 'aint gonna happen. This goes for rimfire ammo as well, get it before it's in demand. Slow and steady wins the race.

Then you can sit back and laugh as the herd stampedes.

Good post.

Get in the habit of buying a box or two on every trip to Wal-Mart, Academy, or your favorite hole-in-the-wall shop. It adds up.

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s [Re: Paluxy300blk] #3955326 01/15/13 05:31 PM
T
tth_40 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: MewshawTX
Put yourself outside the stupidity this year. It may take some time to do, but it sure is nice when you get it done.

Get your reloading gear and components together over time. If you are expecting to buy everything at once at this point in time, it 'aint gonna happen. This goes for rimfire ammo as well, get it before it's in demand. Slow and steady wins the race.

Then you can sit back and laugh as the herd stampedes.

Good post.

Get in the habit of buying a box or two on every trip to Wal-Mart, Academy, or your favorite hole-in-the-wall shop. It adds up.
Thanks.
It works with more than ammo too. Do the same when you grocery shop, pick up an extra whatever.

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s [Re: Mike W] #3955331 01/15/13 05:32 PM
T
tth_40 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: Mike W

Did you not realize until last week that you owned that gun? You bought the gun 2 years ago, the stories were already far and wide about what this president's stance on gun control was. You didn't bother buying ammo for the gun you bought 2 years ago? And you hate AR15 owners why?

No need to hate AR15 owners just because you ignored the info.
cheers

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s [Re: JCB] #3956411 01/15/13 09:58 PM
G
GriffGruff78 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
G
Originally Posted By: JCB
You said so yourself that there are other rifles out there chambered in 223 other than AR15's but for some reason you hate the people with AR15's and blame the shortage of ammo on them. nidea

Try finding you some pistol ammo or 22 long rifle..........plenty of shortages to go around there as well. But I hate the people with AR15's to. hammer

Well, in this case the blame for the ammo shortage is probably placed squarely and accurately.

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s [Re: GriffGruff78] #3956477 01/15/13 10:14 PM
T
TF Panther Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
Yes, let's not blame the person who is actually causing all the shortages. Let's turn on each other and break down into self righteous groups. Sounds like some people on here are having voters remorse.

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s [Re: TF Panther] #3956490 01/15/13 10:18 PM
T
TF Panther Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
Got a friend who has an evil black gun but he does not hunt. He told me the other day "if hunters want to turn on me and treat me like a sacrificial lamb, I will not say a word when they come for their 11-87's and "military grade" Rem 700's chambered in .308 which are found on battlefields or their Grandads old "Semi Automatic" 1911. People are scared. Period. If you are not concerned then you voted for it. Period.

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s [Re: GriffGruff78] #3956530 01/15/13 10:28 PM
B
BOONER Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted By: GriffGruff78
Originally Posted By: JCB
You said so yourself that there are other rifles out there chambered in 223 other than AR15's but for some reason you hate the people with AR15's and blame the shortage of ammo on them. nidea

Try finding you some pistol ammo or 22 long rifle..........plenty of shortages to go around there as well. But I hate the people with AR15's to. hammer

Well, in this case the blame for the ammo shortage is probably placed squarely and accurately.

The shortage is placed on people that were not prepared such as the OP. Most of us knew this was coming sooner or later with the people we have in office. JMC82 swore it would never happen but most of us knew it would. Hopefully after the dust settles the ammo will come back down.

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s [Re: BOONER] #3956785 01/15/13 11:23 PM
coreybasshunter Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
I wish we could all quit blaming each other for all of these minor issues when a very big issue is at hand. If you own a gun and believe you should have the right to own it then you better stand up know! This is not about wether you have an ar or a single shot this is about your general right to own guns and protect yourselves as you feel needed. Our community, gun owners, is I believe on the whole a great community . We need to come together first to put down this gun ban idea. And then if the need arises we can come together as a community to supply our needs. Make no mistake there is never a good reason to not be prepared . We need to fix this issue so we don't have to worry about getting ammo for something as simple as a hunt. The ammo shortage didn't come up because of greed it came because of fear, and that is what the second amendment is for so we don't have to fear!!!!!

Keep em huntin and they wont have time to get in trouble!! And remember RESPECT goes a long way!!
Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s [Re: JCB] #3957751 01/16/13 02:53 AM
C
Cueman Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
My Weatherby ammo...8.00 a round...gotta deal with it..Shoot it maybe 5 times a year.

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s [Re: TF Panther] #3958115 01/16/13 04:27 AM
W
Walt Kowalski Offline
Tracker
Tracker
W
Originally Posted By: TF Panther
Yes, let's not blame the person who is actually causing all the shortages. Let's turn on each other and break down into self righteous groups. Sounds like some people on here are having voters remorse.

Well said.

There would be no shortages were it not for the illegitimate Kenyan occupying the oval office.

Get off my lawn.

John Hay
Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s [Re: TF Panther] #3958152 01/16/13 04:36 AM
W
Walt Kowalski Offline
Tracker
Tracker
W
Originally Posted By: TF Panther
Got a friend who has an evil black gun but he does not hunt. He told me the other day "if hunters want to turn on me and treat me like a sacrificial lamb, I will not say a word when they come for their 11-87's and "military grade" Rem 700's chambered in .308 which are found on battlefields or their Grandads old "Semi Automatic" 1911. People are scared. Period. If you are not concerned then you voted for it. Period.

You've hit on something that I think is very important...and that is that some people don't get concerned when the rights of their fellow Americans are trampled if the rights being trampled on do not apply to something that they care about. They are more than happy to sit by and let the freedoms of their fellow citizens be stripped from them for no other reason than what that person does might be unpopular....or something they don't like to do.

Let's take smoking for instance. In some parts of this country, you can't smoke anywhere.....not even outside. And when the Tobacco-Nazis started the whole thing, a lot of people sat by and said, "Well, I don't care. I don't smoke."

When the rights of ANY American are denied, we are all diminished and we all become a little less free. And conservatives are as guilty of this as liberals.

When it comes to guns, a whole lot of folks have the attitude of "Well, I don't own one of those and don't have a need for it, so it doesn't affect me if it gets banned, so I don't care." Frankly.....that attitude is short-sighted, stupid (that's right I said stupid) and downright dangerous. Because these people fail to understand that THE GUN-GRABBERS WANT ALL OF THE GUNS. The semi-autos and firearms that can accept large capacity magazines are just the beginning.

Time to wake up people. Ask not for whom the bell tolls....it tolls for thee.

Get off my lawn.

John Hay
Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s [Re: Walt Kowalski] #3964961 01/17/13 11:10 PM
B
bikerdavet Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
B

[/quote] When the rights of ANY American are denied, we are all diminished and we all become a little less free. And conservatives are as guilty of this as liberals. [/quote]

…Hear, hear

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s [Re: kyle1974] #3965123 01/18/13 12:03 AM
D
Dave B Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
Originally Posted By: Dave B
Be more than happy to send you a box of 223 for free Kyle @ my expense, if your intended purpose is for your son to shoot.

thanks for the offer Dave, but Sig has a box he'll sell me. You're good people my friend!

I have some 223 ammo, but I was just looking for what his rifle was already sighted in for (or at least some conventional jacketed soft points), not the 223 FMJ's I have in the locker.

No problem friend. If I can help a kiddo continue his passion for shooting and hunting, then it is worth it. Really disappointed with this thread though. We know you don't hate Modern Sport Rifle owners since I am one. Everyone taking shots at each other when all you wanted was some .223 ammo for your son to enjoy the sport. Calm down all. Things will be back to normal in 3 to 4 months.

Last edited by Dave B; 01/18/13 12:09 AM.

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s [Re: sig226fan (Rguns.com)] #3965422 01/18/13 01:23 AM
riverdog Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Originally Posted By: sig226fan (Rguns.com)
Kyle, I have 55gr hi shok federals and 64 gr power shok Winchesters, one box each, let me know if you need them. Pre crazy prices just for you

Classy Offer from a class act

Last edited by riverdog; 01/18/13 01:27 AM.

Work hard, play hard, love without reserve....you can rest in heaven when the journey is over.
Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s [Re: riverdog] #3968194 01/18/13 09:26 PM
E
Edjk Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
E
The lone wolf does not stand a chance against a "united" pack of whatever...divided from the pack, it will perish.

I would hope the real issue here is understood. The more that stand unified with firm resolve, the better. Consider helping the like minded if you can or so choose, protect that which we hold dear and stand united against our common foe. This is not going to just magically go away. Believe that and its already over. Ask anyone that lived in California in 1984- that's exactly how they thought. I heard lots of it'll never happen here and they cannot do that - I was there...it happened with scarcely a peep. Did it for the children.

History may not exactly repeat but it damned sure rhymes.

Last edited by Edjk; 01/18/13 09:32 PM. Reason: remove graphic
Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s [Re: Edjk] #3968854 01/19/13 01:29 AM
B
BowfishNinja Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
B
Prices are dropping due to supply rising from price gougers! Lol

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s [Re: BowfishNinja] #3969188 01/19/13 03:36 AM
T
tth_40 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
And has anyone else noticed a LOT of the ads for AR 15's (not just here) say "Selling for a friend"? rofl

Methinks there are those out there that suspect this whole overpricing thing is gonna blow over soon and they still want to have folks out there that'll talk to them. peep

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s [Re: tth_40] #3969588 01/19/13 07:13 AM
S
SR025 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
And has anyone else noticed a LOT of the ads for AR 15's (not just here) say "Selling for a friend"? rofl

Methinks there are those out there that suspect this whole overpricing thing is gonna blow over soon and they still want to have folks out there that'll talk to them. peep

roflmao I was thinking that today while looking at the 102984726 ARs in the classifieds

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide