Live webcast of Obama / Biden #3959463 01/16/13 04:58 PM
C
centurion2000 Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
C

"No, I don't know everything. I am damn good with Google though"
"Never get into a gunfight with a buffalo hunter. There's no such thing as cover"
Re: Live webcast of Obama / Biden [Re: centurion2000] #3959490 01/16/13 05:02 PM
T
TxGarandhunter Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
Cant stand to listen to him speak or see his face much more than I have to. Let me know what he says.

Scum bag

Re: Live webcast of Obama / Biden [Re: TxGarandhunter] #3959603 01/16/13 05:19 PM
H
HuntnFly67 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
I'm going to sign these executive actions, not tell the American People what they are, kiss the children, and sluff off the real work to an ineffective congress.

Thanks for nothing, Jack.

Re: Live webcast of Obama / Biden [Re: TxGarandhunter] #3959608 01/16/13 05:20 PM
T
tth_40 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
One signature, 23 executive orders, no mention of what they are. Can't wait to see what they are. Mostly enforcing existing law I'll bet.

Hmmm..."Universal backround checks" for ALL gun transactions. Ban on military style weapons. Ten round magazine capacity. Making an his own appointment for head of ATF.

He completely glossed over the reason WHY the sunset on the Clinton era "assault" weapon ban occurred. THE PEOPLE DIDN'T WANT IT RENEWED!! He claims "the American People need to speak up" after stating that "the American people support comprehensive gun controls".

From what I saw, he's got nothing. We'll see.

Originally Posted By: theserxtremedays
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
Re: Live webcast of Obama / Biden [Re: tth_40] #3959615 01/16/13 05:21 PM
C
centurion2000 Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
C
Cliff notes version:
Strengthened AWB, 10 round mag limit, universal background check, 23 executive orders ....

"Never get into a gunfight with a buffalo hunter. There's no such thing as cover"
Re: Live webcast of Obama / Biden [Re: tth_40] #3959616 01/16/13 05:22 PM
H
HuntnFly67 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
I wish we would know what we are up against.

Re: Live webcast of Obama / Biden [Re: centurion2000] #3959627 01/16/13 05:23 PM
LRHead Offline
Tracker
Tracker

The total cost of the president's proposals is estimated at $500 million.

he urged Congress to bankroll the CDC to do research into possible linkages between violent video games and other media images and real-life violence, to the tune of $10 million.

Leonard
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life Member
Oklahoma Cleet Certified SDA Instructor
NRA Instructor
Firearms Self Defense/CQC Instructor
TRAIN HARD, LIVE FREE!
Re: Live webcast of Obama / Biden [Re: LRHead] #3959650 01/16/13 05:26 PM
C
centurion2000 Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
C
Here's a list of the orders ....

1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.

2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.

3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.

4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.

5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.

6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.

7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.

8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).

9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.

10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.

11. Nominate an ATF director.

12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.

13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.

14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.

15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.

16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.

17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.

18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.

19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.

20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.

21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.

22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.

23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.

Number 1: just freed up ALL federal agencies (including the IRS) to share data for the NICS check system currently in place.

Number 2: just trashed HIPAA's privacy guarantees for your health information when it relates to a gun. So now, any time a doctor asks "Do you have guns" or even asks family memebers ... all that information can be collated into the NICS system as well.

Number 4: Allows the Attorney General to add entire classes of people to the no guns categories in a form 4473. If you make it to the "No Fly" list for the TSA ... kiss your ability to purchase a weapon goodbye.

Number 5: Allows for LE officers to perform theft under color of law by requiring background checks before handing your property back to you.

Last edited by centurion2000; 01/16/13 05:31 PM.

Re: Live webcast of Obama / Biden [Re: centurion2000] #3959974 01/16/13 06:38 PM
LRHead Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Responses in bold....

Number 1: just freed up ALL federal agencies (including the IRS) to share data for the NICS check system currently in place. What IRS data is relevant to a gun purchase?

Number 2: just trashed HIPAA's privacy guarantees for your health information when it relates to a gun. So now, any time a doctor asks "Do you have guns" or even asks family memebers ... all that information can be collated into the NICS system as well. You don't have to answer the question - find another doctor.

Number 4: Allows the Attorney General to add entire classes of people to the no guns categories in a form 4473. If you make it to the "No Fly" list for the TSA ... kiss your ability to purchase a weapon goodbye. Possible.

Number 5: Allows for LE officers to perform theft under color of law by requiring background checks before handing your property back to you. Not much is stopping them now - they do it frequently.

Stay safe!

Leonard
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life Member
Oklahoma Cleet Certified SDA Instructor
NRA Instructor
Firearms Self Defense/CQC Instructor
TRAIN HARD, LIVE FREE!
Re: Live webcast of Obama / Biden [Re: LRHead] #3960126 01/16/13 07:21 PM
X
Xman Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
X
The ONLY thing all this garbage has done is to inflate the cost of firearms and ammo by 3-4 times IF you can find any.

I have tow major regrets: Selling my 9mm and not buying any extra ammo when I still could for my other guns

Shoot ... Reload ... Shoot ... Call 911
Re: Live webcast of Obama / Biden [Re: Xman] #3960154 01/16/13 07:28 PM
B
BAT GUN Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
B
#6 is one to watch- when we sell on here it is a private sale- will we have to involve a FFL dealer and what fees will be charged? only way to regulate a private sale is to use an FFL or register all guns.

If they come to take mine- they better have theirs.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide